I Can't Lose You | Walking De...

phoenix1450 द्वारा

After Violet lost Minnie, she thought there was nothing left to live for. She wasn't living for anything anym... अधिक

Chapter 1: Ericson's School for Troubled Youth
Chapter 2: Trust and Loss
Chapter 3: You're Easy to Talk to
Chapter 4: Lies and Betrayal
Chapter 5: Where Loyalty Lies
Chapter 6: I Need You
Chapter 7: Because You're Here
Chapter 8: It's Not Like That!
Chapter 9: Promise Me
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: The Replacement
Chapter 13: I Can't Forget You
Chapter 14: It's Your Choice
Chapter 15: We Need You Clem
Chapter 16: You're Not Ready
Chapter 17: A Fighter

Chapter 10: You'll Have To Kill Me First

950 17 4
phoenix1450 द्वारा

Clementine's POV
     Louis was shuffling his cards as we all sat around the fire, I figured a game would be a good way to relax everyone's nerves. Louis seemed to be a million steps ahead of me too, already setting up to play before we had even got back from hunting and fishing. "What's the game tonight?" Violet asks, sitting on the couch and leaning against the arm. "Truth or Dare! Highest card asks, lowest card is the victim." Louis says with an evil laugh. "Truth or dare? What are we eight?" Violet asks with a slightly chuckle. "Seven, thank you!" Louis teases back. "Alright, let's do it." I say confidently. "See? Clem's got the spirit!" Louis says with a bright smile as he passes the deck around. I grab a card and turn it over, the three of diamonds. Well shit, I think to myself as I look around. Louis is holding the highest card. "And as always, I am the best card player of all time." He says confidently, only making Violet facepalm. "So Clem, truth or dare?" He asks, I smile and cross my arms. "Truth, I'm not giving you that kind of power. Yet." I say, earning a shrug from Louis. "Fair enough, so what's with the hat? You wear it all the time even though it's practically falling apart." He says, motioning to my hat. "My dad gave it to me, it's kind of like the last thing I have of him I guess. And yeah, it sucks the 'D' is coming off." I say bringing my hand up to touch the small part of the letter that is hanging off the hat. "That explains why you haven't tossed that thing yet. Actually, that's pretty sweet." Louis says with a smile, I roll my eyes and draw a new card. I smirk as I pull the Ace from the deck, leaving me with the highest card and Aasim with the lowest. "Oh thank god, at least it's Clem." Aasim says in relief. Let's just say, I didn't like his doubt in me.
     "Alright Aasim, I dare you to go ask Ruby for a kiss." I say with a smirk. Aasim looks over at me with a look of pure horror. "Y-You didn't even ask me if I wanted a dare!" He shouts, I just laugh and motion to Ruby. "Don't care, now go on." Aasim huffs in protest before stomping over to Ruby. Everyone watches them talk for a moment before Ruby sends a hard smack across Aasim's face. He walks back rubbing his cheek as the rest of the group breaks into laughter. The game continued on, people either answering embarrassing questions or doing embarrassing dares. Tenn ended up marking Violet for her language on several accounts. The cards draw, Violet ends up with the highest, and me with the lowest. Violet smirks and I mentally curse at myself wondering what evil plan Violet had. "Alright Clem, truth or dare?" She asks confidently, I choose truth in hopes of avoiding her evil plan. But I only seem to have walked right into it as Violet's grin gets worse at my choice. "Top or bottom?" She asks, before noticing the look AJ was giving her. "For um, bunk beds." She adds with a wink, Louis rolls his eyes and Aasim starts to chuckle. I could feel the blush spreading across my face, I walked right into her trap. "Um, I don't know. Both I guess?" I say slightly unsure, not like I had much experience to go off of. But I do know I'd feel bad only being on the receiving end and not returning anything, especially with a girl and not a guy.
     Aasim seems surprised while Louis just smirks. "Who would've thought Clem was a switch." He teases, I elbow him to shut him up before AJ starts to catch on. Violet leans over towards me during the commotion. "I'll keep that in mind for later." She whispers loud enough for only me to hear, only making the blush on my face worse. "I know what you guys are talking about." AJ finally speaks up, I freeze and look over at him shocked. "You do?" AJ nods and crosses his arms. "You're talking about kissing stuff, gross." He mumbles, I sigh in relief. Thank god AJ is as naive as I was. I still look back and cringe at my lack of knowledge during the conversation about Luke and Jane. "Moving on." I say trying to change the subject. The game continues, I actually ended up learning a lot about everyone. How Tenn hoped one day the walkers would be gone, like another passing age of time, Aasim's crush on Ruby and how I only made it worse, and Louis' personal love for Reese's cups and how he hopes to find one someday. We draw once again, Louis coming out on stop as I mentally curse at the two of hearts in my hand. "Well Clementine, since you've been so rude to our buddy Aasim here. I dare you to, kiss whoever you find most attractive in the group. On the lips!" Louis says with a smirk, I felt my face go pale.
     Violet and I hadn't told anyone yet about our relationship, I knew Louis might know but I didn't expect him to do something like this. It's not like I couldn't kiss Violet, it was just embarrassing to think of everyone watching while I did. "I- um.."

Small Little Interruption from Louis' POV
     I knew this dare would confirm whether or not Clementine had feelings for Violet. I'm not gonna lie, I did really like her when she first came here. But Violet is my best friend and I can see how much she really loves Clem. She has been alone for so long and I just want to see her  move on from the past and be happy. Plus Violet could get a kiss out of this! She can thank me later, I know I'm the greatest friend and wingman of all time. Vi is so lucky to have me, am I right?

Clementine's POV
     I get up off my seat and slowly walk over to Violet, I wanted to kill Louis so bad right now. I sit on the arm of the couch, looking down at Violet before slowly leaning into a soft kiss. It only lasted for a few seconds before I pull away out of embarrassment. I could see a visible pout on Violet's face as I did. I move back to my chair and sit down, trying to hide the dark red blush across my face. "Oooo okay Violet. Lucky you." Louis teases, he knew exactly what he was doing. "Alright, I think that's enough for tonight." I say standing up and brushing myself off. "I think I'm gonna go check on our defenses." I say, looking at Violet and motioning to the bell tower where we had went to stargaze that one night. Violet immediately catches the hint and stands up. "I'll come too." She says as we both walk off towards the tower.

     Violet wouldn't stop laughing as we sat by the ledge. "It's not funny Vi!" I yell, trying to hide the blush on my face. "I know, I'm sorry!" She says between laughter. "It's just I've never seen you so embarrassed and flustered, well besides the time you confessed you liked me." She says looking over at me with a soft smile. "Don't remind me." I say cringing as I rub my forehead. "Honestly, when you told me you liked me I was, shocked. I was so sure you liked Louis that I didn't even want to tell you about my feelings for you. Then you kissed me and I- well, it was unexpected to say the least." Violet says smiling softly, bringing her hand up to gently touch her bottom lip. I smile and lean back on my hands, looking over at her. "I could tell, I still remember what you said after I kissed you the second time. Holy shit." I tease, Violet's face flushes red before she shoves me. "Shut up." She mumbles, but I'm not letting her off that easy. I lean over slightly, looking down at Violet with a smirk. "Yeah Vi, you're a just a master romantic." I say in a teasing tone before leaning back on my hands. Violet seemed to freeze for a moment before she pushed me onto my back and leaned over me. The moonlight around her made her stand out against the night sky, she really was beautiful. She drops down to her elbows, looking down at me as her hair brushes against my forehead. I could feel the blush that was burning up at my ears and she looks at me with her confident smile, her olive green eyes locked with my amber ones.
     "You don't think I'm romantic baby?" She whispers, giving me a puppy dog eye look. The warm feeling on my face only seemed to burn more at the nickname. "I uh-" I couldn't seem to speak, the flustered feeling from before came washing over me again even worse. "What's wrong Clem? Do you want me stop?" Violet whispers softly, brushing her lips against mine softly before pulling away. I cry out softly in protest, grabbing onto her jacket to keep her from pulling away further. I couldn't seem to speak so I just shake my head and tug her jacket gently, coaxing her to come back. Violet just smirks and rests her head on one of her hands, running the other through my hair. "That's what I thought." She says with a soft smile. I finally manage to find my. voice and pull her down, our noses barely touching. "Will you stop with the teasing and just kiss me already?" I ask, finally finding my voice. Violet smiles and closes the gap. The kiss was soft and gentle, Violet sighed in content as she deepened the kiss. Her hand was now tangled into my hair as she kissed me, immediately taking control. "Clementine! Violet!" Louis yells up. Violet pulls away with a slight huff, annoyed at the interruption. "AJ spotted the raiders! They're almost at the gates!" Louis yells, Violet and I give each other a concerned look before taking off towards the bell tower.

     The raiders were slowly approaching the gates as the we re-grouped. "Remember the plan guys, we got this." I say trying to reassure them. "Any parting words?" Louis asks, I smile and look towards all of them. "Watch out for each other. And, see you on the other side." I say with a smile, everyone begins to rush to cover. Omar wasn't fast enough and takes a bullet to the leg. "Shit!" I run over to him and start helping him to cover. "No! Clem, just go!" Omar yells. "Not gonna happen." I say as I drag him to cover, behind a table as I flip it over. I see Marlon's bow and run to grab it, loading an arrow and drawing it as I see Lilly burst through the gates with her group of assholes. "Clementine, why does it not surprise me that you're the one leading this group of brats?" Lilly asks, I stand my ground as I glare right into her eyes. "Get out." I snap, but Lilly doesn't budge. "How many more people are you going to get killed before you give up?" Lilly asks, I feel a sharp pain in my chest but try to ignore it. "You're not killing or taking anyone here." I snap, aiming the arrow right to her head. Lilly chuckles before looking around and yelling out into the air. "We've recruited from here before! Two girls, twins. They talked so highly of you all! Their sweet little brother, their friends, one even mentioned a girlfriend." Lilly shouts, I could feel the rage in my stomach growing as she speaks.

Violet's POV
     I hide behind the wall of the building, the mention of Minnie seemed to send a cold chill through my body. Did she really talk about me? Does she forgive me for never going after her? "Violet don't, she is trying to trick you." Louis whispers, but it wasn't me who broke cover. Tenn slowly walks over of cover towards Lilly. "Tenn!" Clementine yells, but Tenn doesn't retreat. "A-Are they okay? Are they alive?" He asks, Lilly smirks at him. "They miss you so much." Lilly says, clearly manipulating. "Tenn no! She is lying to you!" Clem yells, Mitch takes matters into his own hands and runs out to Tenn's defense. Lilly spots Mitch before he could make it to her, sending a knife right into his throat. "No!" Willy yells, Mitch falls back as Lilly yanks the knife out and stabs it into his eye socket. "Take whoever you can! Kill the rest!" Lilly yells. Willy and Ruby place the bombs under their carts, detonating them. The explosion seemed to shake the courtyard. We all retreat to the admin building, Clem running to the top of the stairs and triggering one of the traps. The bag of bricks fell right onto one of the raiders, instantly killing him. "Shit! Kill that one! In the hat!" One of the raiders yells, I could feel my heart drop at the words. Clem ducks from the bullets and turns to me. "You guys need to go, find cover now." She says as Louis and Aasim take off down the hall. "No! I'm not leaving you." I insist, grabbing her hand. Clem smiles at me before noticing a raider walking up the stairs. We both push the couch down the stairs, capturing the raider between it and the wall. That asshole Abel throws a molotov up the stairs, the fire separating me from Clem and AJ. "Just go! I'll find you! I promised remember?" Clem shouts over the fire, I hesitate for a moment before letting out a sigh. Nodding and taking off down the hall, she better keep her promise.

Clementine's POV
     AJ and I fight our way into the office, Abel close behind. "AJ lock the doors!" I yell, but Abel was too quick and smashed through the doors. I fight will all my strength to protect AJ, sending punches flying while also trying to dodge them. Abel managed to pin me to the desk, I grabbed a nearby paper weight and smashed the side of Abel's head. "Gah! You fucking bitch!" He yells, I tackle him and send him flying towards the window, smashing it and sending us both over the edge of the balcony.
     My vision seemed blurry for a second before I finally managed to process where I was. Abel's body managed to break my fall, but he was still alive. Lilly walks up to me, holding a rifle to my head. "Just give it up already." She snaps, putting her finger on the trigger. "If you want to take my friends, you'll have to kill me first." I snap back. "You don't have the guts to pull that trigger." I say, glaring her down. Lilly points the gun at my head, but I can see her visibly shaking. She hesitates as she thinks aloud to herself. "Shit, this should be easy." She snaps, pulling the gun away for a slightly second. "Then what are you waiting for? Shoot me!" I shout. Lilly seems hesitant for a moment, pushing the gun against my forehead. I don't even flinch as I continue to glare her down. She goes to pull the trigger, but gets cut off by Louis tackling her. The gunshot ends up going off next to me, causing a ringing in my ear. I see Louis get yanked off of her by other raiders. As I sit up and grab my bow, I see both Louis and Violet both being pulled away by raiders. No, god dammit no! I think to myself as I draw my arrow, my instincts seemed to kick in as I sent the arrow flying towards Violet's attackers. As I turn the bow to shoot the raiders cornering Louis, they had already managed to cage him. The raiders fell back, slowly retreating and taking Louis, Omar, and Aasim with them. "No!" I shout trying to chase them, but the walkers flooding the school blocked my path. Before I could clear a way through, the cart faded from view. We managed to get the walkers under control and seal the breach in the gate. We had managed to drive them away, but the feeling of loss prevented anyone from celebrating the victory. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

62.6K 1.5K 74
You were only a child at the time it all started, but right before then you were shipped off to Ericson's Boarding School for Troubled Youths. What f...
4.6K 152 13
Family dead. Friends dead. Death is pretty fucking common the last few years. You have roamed alone for a while now. Trust is hard to give.. or get...
110K 3.4K 45
After coming to Ericson's Boarding School for Troubled Youth, you were faced with the apocalypse. After around eight years, you were settled into the...
33.3K 900 31
⚜️Completed ⚜️ "I searched for a long time, just when I gave up hope...I found him. We were searching together then, for a place we can call home. I...