The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

נכתב על ידי Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... עוד

♫~Author's Notes~♫
♫~Notes 01~♫
♫~Notes 02~♫
♫~Notes 03~♫
♫~Notes 04~♫
♫~Notes 05~♫
♫~Notes 06~♫
♫~Notes 07~♫
♫~Notes 08~♫
♫~Notes 09~♫
♫~Notes 10~♫
♫~Notes 11~♫
♫~Notes 12~♫
♫~Notes 13~♫
♫~Notes 14~♫
♫~Notes 15~♫
♫~Notes 16~♫
♫~Notes 17~♫
♫~Notes 18~♫
♫~Notes 19~♫
♫~Notes 20~♫
♫~Notes 21~♫
♫~Notes 22~♫
♫~Notes 23~♫
♫~Notes 24~♫
♫~Notes 25~♫
♫~Notes 26~♫
♫~Notes 27~♫
♫~Notes 28~♫
♫~Notes 29~♫
♫~Notes 30~♫
♫~Notes 31~♫
♫~Notes 32~♫
♫~Notes 33~♫
♫~Notes 34~♫
♫~Notes 35~♫
♫~Notes 36~♫
♫~Notes 37~♫
♫~Notes 38~♫
♫~Notes 39~♫
♫~Notes 40~♫
♫~Notes 41~♫
♫~Notes 42~♫
♫~Notes 43~♫
♫~Notes 44~♫
♫~Notes 45~♫
♫~Notes 46~♫
♫~Notes 47~♫
♫~Notes 48~♫
♫~Notes 49~♫
♫~Notes 50~♫
♫~Omake~♫
♫~Notes 51~♫
♫~Notes 52~♫
♫~Notes 53~♫
♫~Notes 54~♫
♫~Notes 55~♫
♫~Notes 56~♫
♫~Notes 57~♫
♫~Notes 58~♫
♫~Notes 59~♫
♫~Notes 60~♫
♫~Notes 61~♫
♫~Notes 62~♫
♫~Notes 63~♫
♫~Notes 64~♫
♫~Notes 65~♫
♫~Notes 66~♫
♫~Notes 67~♫
♫~Notes 68~♫
♫~Notes 69~♫
♫~Notes 70~♫
♫~Notes 71~♫
♫~Notes 72~♫
♫~Notes 73~♫
♫~Notes 74~♫
♫~Notes 75~♫
♫~Notes 76~♫
♫~Notes 77~♫
♫~Notes 78~♫
♫~Notes 79~♫
♫~Notes 80~♫
♫~Notes 81~♫
♫~Notes 82~♫
♫~Notes 83~♫
♫~Notes 84~♫
♫~Notes 85~♫
♫~Notes 86~♫
♫~Notes 87~♫
♫~Notes 88~♫
♫~Notes 89~♫
♫~Notes 90~♫
♫~Notes 91~♫
♫~Notes 92~♫
♫~Notes 93~♫
♫~Notes 94~♫
♫~Notes 95~♫
♫~Notes 96~♫
♫~Notes 97~♫
♫~Notes 98~♫
♫~Notes 99~♫
♫~Notes 100~♫
♫~Notes 101~♫
♫~Notes 102~♫
♫~Notes 103~♫
♫~Notes 104~♫
♫~Notes 105~♫
♫~Notes 106~♫
♫~Notes 107~♫
♫~Notes 108~♫
♫~Notes 109~♫
♫~Notes 110~♫
♫~Notes 111~♫
♫~Notes 112~♫
♫~Notes 114~♫
♫~Notes 115~♫
♫~Notes 116~♫
♫~Notes 117~♫
♫~Notes 118~♫
♫~Notes 119~♫
♫~Notes 120~♫
♫~Notes 121~♫
♫~Notes 122~♫
♫~Notes 123~♫
♫~Notes 124~♫
♫~Notes 125~♫
♫~Notes 126~♫
♫~Notes 127~♫
♫~Notes 128~♫
♫~Notes 129~♫
♫~Notes 130~♫
♫~Notes 131~♫
♫~Notes 132~♫
♫~Notes 133~♫
♫~Notes 134~♫
♫~Notes 135~♫
♫~Notes 136~♫
♫~Notes 137~♫
♫~Notes 138~♫
♫~Notes 139~♫
♫~Notes 140~♫
♫~Notes 141~♫
♫~Notes 142~♫
♫~Notes 143~♫
♫~Notes 144~♫
♫~Notes 145~♫
♫~Notes 146~♫
♫~Notes 147~♫
♫~Notes 148~♫
♫~Notes 149~♫
♫~Notes 150~♫
♫~Notes 151~♫
♫~AfterNote~♫
♫~Thank You~♫

♫~Notes 113~♫

11 3 0
נכתב על ידי Witto150

 Minutes later, the doctor finished examining Kagetsu, finding nothing wrong or out of the ordinary. He was a healthy boy, full of energy, but his body needed to rest and regain the lost nutrition.

"Doctor, why am I in the hospital?" he asked as the man wrote the last notes.

"You were in an accident."

"In which one?" Kagetsu wasn't that dumb to not see people avoided answering his questions.

"That's—"

"Ka!" Rigaku shouted, bursting into the room. Even his eyes wavered with tears.

Freya stepped aside, giving him all the space to half-hug his brother as his arm still hurt.

"Arigatou! I was so worried!"

Aiyoku at the edge of the scene gesticulated with the doctor, prompting him to leave them. Once alone, Aiyoku stood on the other side of the bed.

"Sheesh, what's happening?" Kagetsu asked. "Everything is so confusing! What had happened? Why's your arm bandaged? Why do you look like you saw a ghost? Why my butt hurts?" The barrage of questions continued until he needed to inhale.

Rigaku pulled down his glasses to wipe the tears. "You don't remember?"

"Remember what?" Kagetsu puckered his lips.

The older brothers exchanged looks.

"Please, tell me," he begged, giving them his puppy eyes.

"I don't mean to hide anything from you." Rigaku sat down on a chair, and Freya stood next to him, leaning against the wall. "It's just... I don't want to send you into shock."

Kagetsu parted his lips to ask for more details, but he closed them, letting his brother know he would listen.

"Do you remember what you were doing for the last time?"

Knitting his eyebrows, his youngest brother was thinking. "Reading a book. I remember I loved a certain part so much, I had to reread it again. It kinda"—his eyes trailed to the ceiling—"resonated with me."

'So, it's like I've suspected. That's why this series speaks so much to him.'

Lifting his weakened hand, Kagetsu scratched in his hair. "I think I ventured on my own... kinda."

"Yeah," Aiyoku agreed. "You walked and read at the same time without bumping into anybody. You gotta tell me how you did that."

"I dunno. Guess I'm natural." The youngest sibling shrugged.

"You little!" Aiyoku ruffled his hair into a five-star bird nest.

"So, what happened next?" Rigaku inquired once his youngest brother ironed his hair into a less messy nest.

Crossing his arms, he racked his brain. "I ended up in the garden, and then..." His eyes went blank as if he got lost in his mind.

Their hairs stood up, expecting trouble.

And it arrived.

"Kitty!" Kagetsu shouted, jerking into a sitting position. "Is it okay?"

Aiyoku caught him under armpits, preventing him from leaping out of the room.

"Ka!" Rigaku shook with him as Freya held his hospital pajama from behind. "Calm down."

Yet his words had fallen onto deaf ear since Kagetsu shrunk, curling. Ragged breath escaped him as he remembered the freezing embrace of water.

The bubbles rushed around him, blinding him.

The invisible hand pushed him deeper and deeper.

His body turned into a rag doll at the mercy of a bratty child.

The cry for help pierced his ears.

He waved his limbs in an unfamiliar fashion.

His hand grabbed a wet ball and threw it over the pool edge before everything turned dark.

A piercing pain shot through his shoulder. A few moments later, his body turned soggy, and his breath calmed down.

The nurse laid him back into the bed and gestured the rest to leave. Before they could, Kagetsu muttered, "There was a cat in the pool, I couldn't..."

Outside of the room, they looked at each other as if those words made little sense.

"Did Ka jump into the water..." Rigaku started.

"... for a cat?" Aiyoku finished.

The oldest Kamini pushed up his glasses. "I mean, he always liked animals. I don't remember any freaking him out except for Rocket."

"True. But to overcome his panic fear of water for a cat... it's... hard to believe it."

Freya remained silent with her gestures. Her own thoughts rotated in a twister. 'Cat...?' The image of Taiga came to her mind. 'Could she slip into the pool?'

Another flash pierced her mind, reminding her Mori-san from a few days back. 'Those scratches... could they really be...?' Unsettling feelings bothered her all the way to the car. Could Mori-san be connected to all of this?

\\_(''>_<'')_//

Wednesday came, and despite the warm weather and only a few clouds, Freya couldn't smile. The awakening of her friend brought her fresh energy and turned the burden on her shoulders into dust.

Yet, the feeling of more behind this didn't let her celebrate with the brothers. She shared with them her story regarding Mori-san's approach to her, and how he had cat scratches on his forearm.

Rigaku immediately found the connection suspicious, and all of it added to each other. However, he couldn't find a proper reason for Mori-san to throw a cat into a pool except for a twisted fun.

Aiyoku had found many stories from animal shelters for cats and dogs, where animals suffered crippling injuries from kids. One cat lost both of its eyes, and another suffered burns.

Cases of broken bones and cuts were too common, and nothing could be done with it. No law could punish the kids due to their young age, but more often than not, there were no witnesses or leads to the culprits. Only a handful of people noticed and cared for stray animals.

"It's hard to think he would torture an animal," Aiyoku said the evening Freya shared her story, but she excluded Mori trying to get her under his control. They had enough to worry about. "But then again, that's what he can use to his advantage."

"His family owns a chain of hotels across Japan and China. I've heard they are building a few branches in Europe too," Rigaku added. "He has it all. I wouldn't be surprised it was nothing but a game for him, or he could try to see if cats have nine lives."

"Whether or not it was him, the culprit is going to pay."

Aiyoku's face darkened, and despite Rigaku had no visuals signal of raising anger, his eyes could cut diamonds. Animal cruelty made them sick of their stomach, but their brother got caught into it, and who knew what consequences it could have.

Freya shook her head, shooing the memories.

'I need to ask Ueno-san if she noticed something.'

Before finishing the thought, she texted her, and they met a few minutes later by the hut.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

5.9K 188 199
Same as first one. With more characters, way more. I'm considering a third book. Maybe even reach five. Chapters will stay until I get to chapter 1,0...
177K 8.2K 38
Are you unpopular? Boyfriend-less? Boys For Hire is the service for you! Whether it's to be seen with a bunch of boys, or to have a pretend-boyfriend...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
915K 36K 162
I'm stuck on a remote island with the male leads in an R-19 novel. I possessed Margaret, the villainess destined to be killed by the male leads after...