The Colours of A Guardian

Door KairaKenway

At the brick of war, spectras were sent down to Earth to aid the innocent. Spectras are what they said to be... Meer

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Eighteen

58 1 0
Door KairaKenway

Hey loveliess. Chapter is up! Dedicated to the ones who's reading :) Thanks Loves! Jer's POV and his soulmate.... XD

Chapter Eighteen

Jeremy Razz

It's been two days. Two consecutive, torturing days...

And she hadn't woken up yet. My soulmate. Both of them.

I can't believe it. When we finally found our soulmate, they were hurt.

Not just hurt, they were wounded. Even if we heal faster than any normal human, bruises, claw marks and bites. They were all still there. I couldn't look at them like this. Still, we stayed by their side.

I was thankful that Dad and Ramon had given us a break and let us stay with them. Being the next in line for Chief, every time that we were home from college, they would give us lessons and involved ourselves in pack duty. I didn't blame them. They just wanted us to be prepared for this huge responsibility. And we get it, it's serious stuff. Caden and I had given our best in everything. Every battle, every calling, every meeting, we attended it all with no fuss. We were used to everything already.

Right now, sitting in the room with my broken soulmate, I couldn't help but think that I didn't give my all.

At one point, I doubted that she was my soulmate. I cursed myself. Of course they were ours. Caden confirmed it and the bond was there.

Yesterday, when we arrived at the clinic, a strong scent hit me. It was the smell of roses and fresh soil after the rain. I thought that someone wore a perfume too much, but it wasn't. When I looked at Caden, he was experiencing the same thing. He smelled the same scent.

We rushed inside, leaving mom and the others outside. It got worse. The scent swirled all around me and I got dizzy. I didn't bother asking the nurses at the counter. We just followed our trusty noses. As we turned around a corner, we saw our dads. It was more confusing. Did they smelt the strong scent too? Was it a bad sign?

Eventually, they all caught with us and talked with Dad for a brief moment. I got to know that the victims that we saved were unknown. This means they weren't in our pack. Throughout that conversation, Cad was harassing my mind, telling to go into the room that was near us. I told him to wait; I didn't want to disturb the doctors that were in there. I told him, even dad and Ramon was still outside. Even so, I was fidgeting inside too, feeling nervous about I don't know what.

Cad didn't listen to me. He burst into the room. Being his Bender, I had the instinct to follow him and made sure he was safe. As soon as we stepped in, I saw Cad changing colours. His fur was swirling with rainbow colours, the kind that I've never seen Cad done it before. Then, I saw them. Two beds, one held the girl, and another held her Spectra, I assumed.

A doctor who was working on the patient there came by us and pushed my shoulders slightly,

"Sir, you can't be in here right now..." he said to me. By that time, Caden was already on the bed with the spectra, wrapping his body around her. He was growling sadly, making my heart ache. I walked closer to the other bed, when I saw the most beautiful girl sleeping there, looking wounded. My heartbeat rose, and my breathing went ragged. We found them.

"Soulmate..." I whispered under my breath. I could sense all my family already barged into the room. It was true; the scent of roses and soil came from them. I held in their intoxicating scent and felt bubbly inside. I've never felt happier. But it was cut short when I saw her wounds.

"She's hurt..." I said, exasperated. I walked forward and wrapped my arms around her. When our skins touched, a tingling sensation shot through my body. I shivered in pleasure and nuzzled my nose in her neck, taking in her sweet scent. Some doctors were trying to pull me away, but I used my Earth bending to push them away. I don't want anyone near her!

After some while, Kaira talked to me. Her words were a blur; she said that the doctors were trying to save her. Save her? I was the one who was supposed to save her! Not them! I narrowed my eyes at my little sister. But her words got me thinking. I looked back at my soulmate and gasped. She was right. There were claw marks and blood stains. Her face was bruised and swelling. She was really hurt.

My head snapped up when Cad growled at Kai. That's when I saw the doctors with the syringe. They were serious. And they were right. Our soulmates needed someone to attend to their wounds. I surprised myself when I said the next words,

"Okay, I'll go with Caden. But Kai, please be here with her until I can see her..." I said and looked expectantly at Kai. She nodded, and I gave a signal to the doctors to put Cad to sleep.

"No! I won't leave her here..." Caden growled.

"Cad, they're hurt. Let the doctors treat them..." I talked back, and they plunged the syringe in. Caden was falling off from bed and I rushed to capture him in my arms.

"I'm sorry..." I mouthed to Caden and rushed out from the room. I needed to get as far away as possible before I change my mind and they won't be able to treat her. I ran outside and went straight into the woods. I couldn't stop looking at Caden, and think about my soulmate as I ran deeper into the woods.

Through all that running with Cad in my arms, I cried for our soulmates.

"Jer?" I snapped away from my thoughts. Someone was holding my shoulder, so I looked up and saw my best friend, Matt staring worriedly at me.

Matt and I had been best friends since we were toddlers. We went to the same school, up until now, the same college. He was Elder Tim's son, and my soon to be second in command, when I step up as Chief.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" I asked him. I looked at his spectra cougar, Cameron. He was staring at Caden, who was sleeping in bed with his soulmate. His breathing was coming out in pants, and he was frowning. Must be the nightmares again. I reached out to him and subtly patted his grey fur.

"The boy, he's awake..." he said. I quickly jumped out from my seat and held his shoulder for confirmation. He nodded and we both rushed to the other room. I wanted to wake up Caden, but voted against the idea. He needed his rest. This was the first time he slept since yesterday. He refused to do anything, but just be by his soulmate's side.

"Have you told the Chief?" I asked Matt. He just nodded.

Before I got out, I gave a light peck on my soulmate's cheek and sighed. I inhaled her scent in one breath.

'I hope you wake up soon, love...' I monologue.

"She'll wake up soon, bro..." Matt said, patting my shoulder. I just smiled and nodded at him.

Matt already found his soulmate at college, Mandy. She was from another pack though, and for this holiday, Mandy's parents wanted her to spend it with them. Matt would join them later, when his father lets him go and gives him a break. His father pushed him too hard. I always gave him permission to go, but he stuck with me, as his future superior. He's a good friend.

We entered the boy's room and closed the door tight. I began observing the boy who was badly wounded and looked dazed. A doctor was examining him and asking him questions.

He had that very authentic face with a boyish look. Jet black hair and dark brown eyes. What attracted me most was he showed vulnerability within those eyes, but held secrets as well. Now this is what I'm going to find out. He looked pretty young, 15, maybe 16? Even so, he looked well built, and had a strong jaw. Heck, look at those muscles flexing on his arms.

His spectra ocelot, which had jumped to his side from the other bed, was snuggling with him. He was a grey colored, looking horrified. When the doctor left, and giving us a stern warning about keeping it easy on him, he looked at us. I will be gentle, but if I found out he's a spy or anything that wanted to hurt my family, sent by those fucked up seekers, I won't hesitate in killing him right on that spot.

I sat on the chair near the bed and stared at him straight in the eyes. He seemed scared, but held his jaw firm. His Spectra just hid himself under the covers.

"What is your name?" I asked him. He seemed hesitant, but didn't answer directly.

"Where am I?" he asked. I raised an eyebrow to him, but didn't answer.

"You're somewhere safe..." I started, but he cut me off.

"Am I supposed to be sure about that?" he stared at me in the eyes, I searched deep, and noticed the fear in them, but on the surface, he tried to be brave. I opened my mouth to ask him again, but instead, Dad and Ramon burst into the room, looking alerted, but tired. Elder Tim and Talon tailed in soon after. I looked at both of them and they nodded at me. I'll give them time to interrogate this boy and get all the information soon from dad.

When I passed Dad, he talked to me in a hushed whisper, "Has she woken up yet, son?" his face was serious, but his mouth shaped a sad smile. I just shook and he patted my back. I exited the room with Matt and Cam following me. I took deep calming breaths and leaned at the wall.

"That boy got some nerves to be talking like that..." Matt commented.

"Yeah, but I don't blame him. I'm guessing all those bruises came from those seekers. He must be scared..." I gave out my opinion. We talked for a while more, mostly about the pack. Matt and Cam's been filling me in of pack stuff since yesterday. Hell, I didn't even go home since yesterday. Mom had been calling me, telling me to go home. I just said no.

Even so, she came by this morning with Mel and brought some clothes for me to change and some breakfast. I love Mom to bits. Mel seemed worried for Cad too, and I told her that I'll make sure he's safe. Mom made me promise to go eat, which I didn't. I felt really guilty right now and thought about getting some bites. Matt and Cam had gone home to check on the rounding schedule.

"Jer!" I heard someone's voice calling. A smile took over my lips, when is saw Kai at the end of the hallway. She ran up to me and gave me a big hug. I hugged her back fiercely, as if we hadn't seen each other for the longest time. I needed some comfort right now.

"Surprise seeing you here, little sis..." I said, grinning. She giggled and kissed my cheek. I saw Chace behind her, stiffening with her little gesture. I just gave him a welcoming smirk.

"I was hoping you and Caden will like these..." Kai continued and handed me two paper bags. When I peeped inside, I saw one chocolate muffin, my favorite and a blueberry muffin, Caden's favorite. The sweet smell of them instantly made me hungry and they reminded me that I didn't eat the whole day today. My stomach started rumbling like someone was playing the drums in there.

"Looks like someone's been neglecting his stomach..." Chace joked and I messed up his hair. Kai just laughed seeing the both of us. Chace got angry and shouted 'hey!' at me. Kai laughed even louder after that.

"Where's Caden?" Kai asked. I nodded towards the room and instantly remembered about my soulmate in there. My shoulders were slumped and I looked down. Kai wrapped her fingers around mine, making me look at her. She smiled at me and three of us went into the room. I could feel Kai tightened her hold on my hand, but I went straight to my soulmates side.

Caden was awake, but just stared at his soulmate, not bothering to look at us at all. Kai and Chace moved to his side, and patted his head. He seemed to snap out from his stare, and purred. But he didn't say a word. His fur turned a baby blue for just a moment, before shifting back to grey.

My soulmate was a beauty. She had fair skin, that were soft as a feather I was scared to touch her at first. Her lips were deep pink and full. I wanted to see her thick lashed eyes, they must beautiful. But she hadn't woken up, so I didn't get the chance to stare into them yet. She had long brunette hair that fell off her shoulders. I ran my fingers through them, and felt that silky touch against my hands. In other words, she was perfect. I sighed. I didn't even know her name yet.

"I'm sorry Jer..." Kai said behind me. A tear slid down her cheek, but Chace reached over to brush it away. I got up and wrapped my arms around her.

"It's okay; it wasn't your fault...Hey..." I pulled away just enough to look at my little sister's face. Her cheeks were blotchy and eyes rimmed red.

"She'll be okay, I promise. And when she wakes up, I'll let you talk to her and spoil her like you always did to me..." I said earnestly. Her eyes widened and she hugged me once more. Chace cleared his throat behind us and looking at Kai with 'jealousy' written all over his face.

"What? Can't a brother hug his own little sister now?" I prompted. Chace looked caught, but Kai laughed and went to his side. He held her waist as soon as they were close. I just shook my hand in annoyance.

"Sheesh, I thought I was the protective one..." I whined, but smiled. Chace laughed and punched my arm. I wanted to mess with my new 'little brother' once more but I froze. I could feel the happiness bubbling up inside again.

"Wha- what happened? Where am I?" Her voice was like a harp playing, elegant and musical. I turned around, and we both looked at each other. She seemed scared as hell, but confused when she stared at me. After a few moments, her beautiful blue eyes widened and her hands were covering her mouth.

"Soulmate..." she whispered, and I rushed to her side. I wrapped my arms around her, and I could feel her shaking. I held her tighter, trying to calm her down. I felt that she put her arms on my chest. I was savoring her warmth under me, but to my dismay, she pushed me away. I felt hurt by that.

"Oh no. This can't be happening..." she said, and looked down. She was massaging her temple, looking deep in thought. I looked at Kai and Chace, and both of them had the same expression on; confusion. I looked back at her, and she was staring at me now.

"I can't believe I'll find you here. This can't be happening..." she said. She started sobbing, and I instantly sat on her bed and held her hands in mine. She sobbed harder after that, so I scooted closer and hugged her once more.

"Shh, it's okay, you're safe now..." I cooed inside her ear. She seemed to relax a bit, so I kissed her head. Slowly, she hugged me back, making me jumping in cloud nine.

"Oh my, Sabby? Where's my Spectra?" she pushed me away slightly and looked around. When she saw her Spectra lying in bed next to her, she tried to move. But I held her in place.

"Relax, Caden got her. She's fine..." I soothed her. She wanted to protest, but instead, she held my arm and stared into my eyes again. Her blue eyes were mesmerizing, I couldn't look away. I wiped away the stray tears that were sliding down her cheeks, and she blushed. She blushed a very deep red, she looked beautiful as ever.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Natalya, Natalya Evans. You?" she asked me back. Natalya, what a beautiful name for such a beautiful lady.

"That's a beautiful name. I'm Jeremy Razz..." I responded, and kissed her hands. Kai cut in, letting out a squeal in the process.

"I'm his little sister, Kaira and this is my soulmate, Chace. But you can just call me Kai. It's really nice to finally found you, sis. I can tell you, Jer's been cranky..." before she can continue, I held a hand at her mouth. Oh no you don't.

"Kai, lets not give her an information overload, yeah? She just woken up and I don't want her to weird out. And, you are acting pretty weird right now" I warned her, and Nat giggled. Kai pinched my arm, and Chace just shrugged, with a smirk. Kai gave me her cute glare and I glared playfully back.

"Oh shut up Jer. She's fine, look..." I looked at her perfect face, and smiled. She smiled back, and blushed. Man, she blushes a lot. And I like it! I ran my fingers through her cheeks and she leaned in my touch.

"Kai, how about we leave these two love birds alone for some time and see her tomorrow?" Chace suddenly suggested. Ah, my bro understood! I mouthed a 'thank you' behind Kai's back.

Kai started to protest endlessly, but cut short with Chace kissing her. I made gagging sounds when they broke apart. I wanted to whip Chace's ass for kissing my little sister, but they're soulmates, and they deserved this happiness. I need to loosen up. Kai giggled, and gave in. With a last peck from her, she left with Chace. Not until she made me promise to let her see Nat tomorrow. I crossed my heart. When I sent her off, I saw Caden jumping to Nat's bed.

"I'm Caden, Jer's spectra..." he started. Caden was watching Nat carefully and swished his tail from side to side. Nat automatically patted his head and he purred. His grey fur slowly shifted to yellow and for the first time since yesterday, he smiled.

"I'm Natalya. And you are such a handsome leopard, Caden. She's lucky..." she retorted and gazed at her spectra. Caden laughed, but it died down as soon as it started.

"Can I know the name of your spectra?" Caden asked, looking hopeful.

"Her name's Sabrina. But I just called her Sabby..." she said, and they both giggled. I was sitting by her side on the bed, and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She leaned in to me and got herself comfortable. Caden jumped back to the other bed, licking his soulmate while chanting her name, Sabrina.

"What happened to me, Jeremy?" Nat suddenly asked. She tugged at the bandage on her stomach, and I touched her hand. She sat up straight in bed and looked at me.

"You mean you don't remember anything?" I asked her, and looking into her eyes. I wanted to ask her alter, and take things slow, but it looked like the time had come. She cringed, as if recalling a memory, then gasped. But she rapidly calmed herself, not saying a word. I frowned in confusion.

"I remember now. I was kidnapped by the seekers a long time ago, when they attacked Hawaii. At that time, there was no leader and our population was small. They apprehended our small village easily, and brought in everyone there to their headquarters to work for them..." whoa, she's from Hawaii? But she doesn't look tanned like one. Even so, I just shrugged it off. Maybe being with the seekers for the longest time made you pale.

"You mean, you know where their headquarter is?" I asked hopefully, finally we can defeat those damned seekers at their hideout. But Nat shook her head, making me frown. Why not?

"Nobody knows. When we were brought in, they made sure our eyes were blindfolded..." she said.

"Then, what happened? How did you escaped?" I asked. She was deep in thought, before answering.

"Me and my friend, wait, have you seen a boy, black hair. His Ocelot spectra..." she started to panic, but I held her hands.

"Yes, he's in the other room, being asked by my father. He just woke up and we were hoping to get a few answers from him..." she let out a breath of relief.

"We were transported that time with a few others, to another place. They didn't tell us where we were going though. En route, we loosened the ropes they tied, and attacked the truck. All of us escaped, but the others, they..." she started to shake wildly and started weeping. I held her in my arms and made circular motions at her back.

"They were caught, and killed. Me and Zach, we were almost...Oh my God..." she said exasperated and shook even harder against my hold.

"You're safe now. Our guards managed to save you two. They boy cried for help and we brought you both straight to the pack's clinic..." I said, and she just nodded.

"What pack is this?" she asked, looking curious.

"Aqua pack. My father is the Chief. You'll meet him soon..."

"Really? Oh my, I looked under dressed...and I don't have any other clothing. All my stuff is at the headquarters..." she said, tugging at the hospital attire she was wearing. Her clothes were ripped up badly yesterday, they had to change her. I just giggled at her behavior and kissed her cheeks. She looked flushed after I did that.

"Don't worry, he'll love you...He didn't stop checking on you since yesterday. And don't get me started with my mom..." I said honestly and she chuckled.

We talked about the seekers some more. Somehow, there was something fishy about her story that I couldn't point my finger to, and the way she told me about it...It was like in a script. She told me everything in one go, then showed her emotion. It wasn't supposed to be like that. But maybe, my soulmate was different. She was strong, and she managed to live all those years with the seekers. Hell, she managed to escape.

I asked her about the seeker's next plan, and that's when she looked hesitant, but immediately disappeared it. Then again, she just said that the low rankers like her don't know anything. As much as I wanted to trust my own soulmate, I couldn't help it. By the time my suspicion aroused, her spectra woke up.

"Sabby!" she chirped in excitement. Her spectra didn't notice Caden yet, so she jumped on Nat's back. Her grey fur instantly turned orange, but when she saw me, she turned a bright red. She growled loudly, but stopped when she laid her eyes at Caden. By that time, her fur turned rainbow.

"Soulmate!" she yelled and jumped on Cad. We both just laughed and watched them play around. They were giggling like crazy, when the doctor came in to check on our soulmates. She was pretty surprised when they'd woken up. We got scolded, much to my dismay, and ushered out from the room. Nat didn't want to let me go, but I kissed her cheeks and assured that everything's okay. I closed the door softly and we leaned on the door to listen.

"Eavesdropping, sons?" I jumped and turned my back to look at my father there, grinning. Ramon came out just then. He went by Caden and pulled him to talk privately. That's odd. But I just shrugged it off and looked back at my Dad.

"Dad! My soulmate, she's..."

"I know, I know. I can feel your excitement from all over across the room. How is she?" he patted my back.

"I don't know, the doctor's checking up on them now..." I said nervously. He just chuckled.

"She'll be fine. I want to meet her soon. Anyway, I know that you want to spend time with her, but I just hoped that you'll get back on pack duty with me..." there we go, pep talk.

"Yes dad, I know. I just want her to feel safe, and settle down. She has no home, and..."

"Nonsense. She'll live with us! She's your soulmate, and that's making her fitting in the family..."

"What about the boy?" My voice suddenly went sharp. My dad looked at me carefully, and then nodded towards the hallway.

He started to tell me about the boy's story. His name was Zach Rean, and he originated from Hawaii. It was the same as Nat's story, which wasn't a surprise. But Dad feeling suspicion the same as me is the surprise. He said that he looked too fine. Yes, the fear of the boy was there, but it wasn't convincing. He thought that the seekers had sent them. That made me angry. Is he accusing my soulmate to be sent by the seekers to spy on us?

"Are you suspecting my soulmate on this too? For all you know, they were captured and they did escaped. They were hurt remember?" I said through gritted teeth. We were at the café across the street, talking. Right now, I was at the peak of losing it. Caden and Ramon had gone somewhere I don't know. I tried to link with him, but he blocked me out entirely.

"Son, do not lose your head right now. I need you to stay calm, and stay sharp. I don't accuse anything on anybody. I just want you to keep your peepers open for anything suspicious. About the boy, we'll have to provide him a home. He'll be living with us too. Close, so we can keep an eye on him..." he said while rubbing my back. I took deep, calming breaths and looked up at Dad.

"Okay, I'm sorry dad for freaking out." I said blankly.

"It's fine, son. Now, let's go meet your soulmate. You've been waiting for so long..." he smiled.

I nodded and we headed back to the clinic.

Natalya Evans

I had been floating endlessly in this dark realm that I not know. I don't know for how long, but it felt like an eternity.

I didn't saw Sabrina anywhere, and it got me very anxious. I need her right now. Was she okay? Did she die? I gasped.

Did I die?

I tried to move, but my body was too exhausted. I wanted to cry, to scream. But nothing but a mere croak just came out. What's happening to me?

Feeling tired of struggling; I just stayed still and recalled my memory the day before.

It was all still a blur from the time Sir Dimitri suddenly met me and Sabrina at the medical wing and told us about a mission. That was what all he said, and we didn't had a choice. We have to do this mission or, they'll hurt mom and Lily. And I can't let that happen. I have to protect our moms no matter what. It was a promise.

We were pushed into a room, where Sir Alex was there, with Sir Zach and their Spectras. They both looked at me with scary faces. Sabby was more scared than I am, but I sent soothing messages to her through our mind link. I told her to relax and let me just hear everything they had to brief us. I was sent with Sir Zach to stay with a pack. The Aqua pack. They gave me a story to tell them, when they found us. It doesn't make sense, but I just memorize everything in my head. The next thing I knew, we were transported in a truck that night, and Sir Zach told me to wait for his signal to run. We started moving, but I didn't know where we're heading too. We were blindfolded. When we stopped, Sir Zach untied us and told us to run.

Me and Sabby ran alright. We both ran alone in the woods that we never known of. We were lost with no direction and tired. So we just sat there at a tree, and I cried. Suddenly, we heard a set of footsteps nearing us. Came Sir Zach and a bunch of those no good seekers. I wanted to fight them off, but they hit Sabby in the head, making her unconscious. I was in rage, and Water was starting to seep out from my hands. I never got to learn about my element, they forbid us to practice with it. But I just pushed them out anyway.

It was so fast. Their Spectras started to attack me. They clawed and bit my body until I can't take the pain anymore. It was so agonizing; I just closed my eyes and lay on the floor of the woods. I prayed that the pain would go away. I was starting to feel coldness, when I heard Sir Zach's voice ringing in my head.

"Remember the plan, and stick with it. Understood?" I was only able to nod my head, before I was wiped out, cold.

I cringed at the memory, and the next thing I knew, I was falling. Falling from nothingness.

"Are you feeling any pain here, sweetie?" The doctor asked. Snapping out from my thoughts, I smiled at the nice doctor in front of me and shook. She smiled in return and wrote something on her clipboard. She checked on Sabby too and wrote again. When she was done, she smiled at us.

"You're fine. You both just need some rest, okay? Tomorrow, after another checkup, you can go home..." A pain shot my chest. I don't have a home. But still, I kept the smile on my face and just nodded quietly. She patted my shoulder lightly, and went out.

Taking deep calming breaths, I looked at Sabrina. She was a soft pink, and her eyes looked dreamy.

"How are you feeling, Sabby?" Smiling at her, I patted her back and she purred. Her grey fur instantly turned brown.

"I'm fine, Natalya. Just scared, and I can't believe we found our soulmates..." she smiled dreamily. I chuckled and smiled too. She was right. I can't believe someone as cute and caring as Jeremy was mine forever.

"What soulmate?" My body stiffened and I didn't dare move. My eyes darted at the door, and there he was, Sir Zach healing from his wounds, which I'm not sure where he got from. I just shook my head and looked down. I don't want him to know. I told Sabby to just stay quiet in our mind link.

"Tell me..." he hissed and roughly grabbed my arm. I winced at the tight grip, but kept quiet. I kept staring down. To my surprise, he let go of my arm and sneered.

"Well, I guess I have to tell Master Caine to execute your mothers..." I gasped in surprise but held my shriek in my mouth. Sabby growled slowly, but she quieted down when Sir Zach glared at her.

"No! Please, don't hurt them...Okay, I'll tell you. We found our soulmates..." I stopped and looked at him, hoping he would just drop the subject, but I was out of luck. He motioned me to continue. I sighed, "...It's the Chief's son, Jeremy Razz and his Spectra Caden. They're our soulmates..." I stated blankly.

Sir Zach's face quickly turned into a frown, then shaped into a wide grin.

"Now, that's good news. I need to report it immediately..." he turned but I caught his hand, and looked him straight in the eyes. He eyed my grip angrily, his body shook.

"Please don't do this. They're peaceful. Please don't hurt them, I'm begging you..." I cried. Tears were sliding down my cheeks profusely and Sabby tried to wipe them all away. Sir Zach, who was standing, sat on the chair and looked me straight in the eyes. His eyes burnt into mine and it felt creepy. His face was so near, I could feel his hot breath blowing into mine.

"Listen here, Natalya. I don't care if they're peaceful of whatever. I just want to get the job done. Remember the plan, and get all the information headquarters needs. Soulmate or not, family or not, the attack will still happen..." he stood up straight, and turned, but he continued, "Oh, and one more thing. If you ever, tell them about us, or if they found out...I won't hesitate in calling headquarters to kill them. Remember, Lorraine and Lily is in custody, ready to be executed. And, information or not, I will call in the attack..." he slammed the door shut, leaving me in my deep contemplation. Not long after, the tears came. Sabby snuggled up and I hugged her tight. Why did my life have to be more complicated than it already is?

But I wiped it away furiously. I will not let this happen. I will not be weak. A new strength was building up inside me and it made me excited.

Finding Jeremy gave me a new hope. A new reason to why I should keep on fighting. Living with the seekers for years had made me strong, but now, I felt stronger.

The seekers made a huge mistake letting me on this mission, and I'll make sure every bit of it to fail and crush into pieces. I'll make sure those high rankers die painfully and they would scream to be let go. I wasn't afraid of Zach. He's younger than me for goodness sakes! I'll take care of him first.

Mom, please be strong for me. I promised dad to take care of you, so I will. I will not let him die in shame. I patted Sabby's fur and smiled. Wrong, I was grinning like a crazy person, with a new hope.

"Sabby, we have to do something about this..."

Lemme know what you think :)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

38.9K 2K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...
36.7K 1.3K 11
The causes of death are many and varied. Old age, suicide, illness... But the cause of death that scares people the most in this day and age is... D...
187K 3K 37
COMPLETED✅ When uni student Talia Herera finally finds it in herself to break up with her shitty boyfriend Tim, Oscar Atkins -Volleyball star- at th...
878 29 7
"No! No, no no, NO!" His shouts could be heard through the corridors of the prison. The two women laughed. The cold burned his bare chest as he heav...