𝐬𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐢�...

By SWReed

2nd Place in Romance Spring 2021 Seasonal Contests A Sidney Crosby FanFiction . A 25 year old girl takes an i... More

|PROLOGUE|
|Model or Intern?|
|Yellow Crocs and Tube Socks|
|Stalker?|
|Sherlock and Peaky Blinders|
|Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair, and The Post Gazette|
|The King of Penguins Hockey|
|Jealousy|
|Sweater Dress|
|Hockey Fights Cancer|
|Thanksgiving with The Lemieux Family|
|Jolly Holiday In A One Horse Open Sleigh|
|Brianna and Jakey|
|Sydney and Sidney|
|Secret Santa|
|Little Pens Christmas Photo Album|
|Mistletoe Merrymaking|
|Pens Christmas Photo Album|
|Playlist|

|Not A Lunch Date|

239 5 2
By SWReed

"Oh my fucking God! You two were on fire!" Bri squealed from in the passenger seat while driving down the highway.

"No, we weren't!" I retorted, staring out the passenger seat window. "Remember he has a girlfriend! I slowly turned my head to look at Bri with my eyebrows raised

"K, so, I knew he had a girlfriend but you two like, like-" Bri stuttered, hitting the wheel trying to find the right word.

"Sparked?"

She snapped her fingers together, "Yeah!" She breathed out. "You two sparked! Like clicked instantly!"

I then went back to looking out the window at the Ohio River. "I'm sure him and his "babe" clicked better than him and I did."

"Ok, Negative Nancy." I could tell Bri was trying to be optimistic and uplifting but nothing was working.

When I got home, I changed, took Juno on a walk, came back home to shower. and stare at Sidney's face in my picture. My MacBook was laying on my bed while I laid on my stomach with my hands propping my head up by my chin, making my face squished as I stared at his face.

Bri knocked on my door before entering, "Hey, I made you some dinner and coffee," Bri came into my room with a tray in her hands, holding plates and a cup of coffee. Bri slowly sat down on my bed with the tray in her lap. "Eggs, crispy bacon, hash browns, coffee, Her lips curled into a frown when I still had a blank expression on my face. She picked up my Adam Banks coffee mug and put it close to my face. "Come on. its coffee." She elongated her words as she slowly swirled the cup in front of my face.

Letting a huff escape my lips, I surrendered and sat up, taking the coffee cup, sipping the dark brown liquid. My muscles finally untangled and slowly started to settle down, "Thanks Bri."

"He really is a catch."

"Huh?"

"Sid, he really is a catch." Bri gestured to him on my MacBook which made me hit the escape button, closing the window.

I sipped my coffee before ruffling my hair. "Yeah, I guess he is."

"Liar. Stop lying Syd." Bri scolded slightly.

"I'm not." Exhaling deeply, I then took a sip of my coffee.

"Are too."

"Well besides from that, I'm getting a job at the Barnes and Noble near the arena." Picking up the fork on the tray, picked at my food, not barely eating anything.

"I told you that I can handle the bills for one and for two, probably not near the arena."

Raising my brow at her comment I sat my fork back down, "What are you saying, Bri?"

"Well, I may have forgot one piece of info to tell you."

"And, go on?" I shook my head in confusion

"There's two arenas. There's the Paints Arena for games and occasional practice and the Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry Township a few minutes away from here?"

"K, what's the fuss?" Again I picked up my fork and finally took some bites of my scrambled eggs.

"Well, the Pens are practicing there for the rest of the time. If you take the job at the one in Pittsburgh, you'll be taking a 30-minute drive to and from one job, BUT, I do know there is a Barnes and Noble near the practice arena."

"Ok, good to know." Nodding my head, I took a bite of a strip of bacon.

Then my phone started ringing from a random number. I accepted the call and cleared my throat. "Hello, may I ask who is calling?"

"Yes, hello, this is Cynthia from Barnes and Noble on 5th Street, we are returning your call on your job applicant.

My face lit up with excitement, "Oh! Yes! Hello! Thank you for returning my call!"

"Yes, no problem. We regret to inform you that the position here on 5th Street has been filled, but there is an opening at our location in Cranberry Square Shopping Center. Would you like me to get you an interview for 9 o'clock tomorrow?"

"Yes. Yes, please! Thank you! Tell them I will be there." I half squeaked. "Alrighty, they will be seeing you at 9 tomorrow."

Nodding my head, "Yes, thank you, bye." Then I ended the call.

"Who was it?" Bri ate the other half of my bacon slice.

I half chuckled, eating more of my breakfast dinner, "Looks like you can predict the future, Brianna."

"You got the job at the Cranberry Barnes and Noble? Didn't ya?" She chuckled while chewing the bacon in her mouth.

Nodding my head, I picked up a hashbrown square, "They are giving me an interview at 9 so I'm gonna be late to work."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll cover for ya. Eat and I'll get the directions for ya." Bri beamed, getting off my bed and walking out of my room to leave me with my food and my thoughts.

Pressing the escape button on my MacBook, the window opened with Sidney's picture displaying on my computer screen.

As I was eating my food, I examined every detail on his face. His plump cherry red lips, the slight stubble on his face, his sideburns, and his eyes. His eyes were so soft just like everything else on his face

"Syd!"

"Gah!" I squealed, almost dumping my dinner on the floor.

"You were lying! You were oogling him like something crazy!" Bri pointed from me to my screen.

"Ok, maybe I was oogling, so what!" I laughed and continued to eat my dinner.

"I got the directions," Bri pulled out her phone. "And I am sending them to you now." She paused in between every word while texting on her phone.

My phone dinged, so I picked it up seeing the directions that Bri sent me,

"Thanks." Nodding my head, I reviewed the directions.

The next morning, I got up earlier than Bri so I could get ready for my interview. I took Juno out for a walk in the early morning before coming back to the apartment. I was curling the ends of my hair in the bathroom when Bri woke up.

Poking my head out of the bathroom, "Morning sleepy!" I beamed at Bri who was just rolling out of her bed with her matted messy hair.

"Morning," She yawned while stretching her arms in the air. She then paused at the doorway of the bathroom.

"What?" My eyes went somewhat wide. "Do I look shitty?" Turning off the curling iron, I turned towards Bri. My hands ran down the grey knitted skirt of my dress, pulling it down at the hem and smoothing it on my thighs.

Bri took her time to answer, "You look amazing, Syd. I dunno how you don't have another boyfriend yet."

Laughing, "Well, you know how my last relationship ended!" I pointed at her while still laughing before I turned back to the mirror to fix my silver ball stud earrings. "K, well, I'm off!" I smiled, going from the bathroom, into my bedroom to grab my purse and suitcase.

"Yes, please knock them dead, and don't forget about your camera!" Bri pointed a few times to my camera on the high top counter.

"Yes, yes, I will! Please feed Juno!" My heels from my black thigh high boots clicked on the hardwood while I was going to grab my lanyard and my camera.

With all my belongings, my purse over my shoulder, my lanyard and camera hanging from my neck, and my suitcase being dragged behind me. I went and grabbed my keys from the rack before leaving, closing the door behind me.

Unlocking my white Jeep Compass to load all my work gear in the back before hopping in the front. I connected my phone to my car and pulled up the directions on my dashboard GPS screen.

My GPS took me on the highway all the way up to Cranberry. My head looking back and forth on the road when my eyes caught something in the distance. Ducking my head down slightly. I looked out the windshield slightly to my right where I saw the giant Pittsburgh Penguins logo above the entrance of a modern building. The ends of my lips curled up at the sight before fading away when I had to get off at my exit to Barnes and Noble at the Cranberry Square Shopping Center.

I pulled my car up into a parking spot near the front of the lot before getting my Penguins ID badge and purse out of the back. Locking my car, I then pushed up my glasses in the center before walking off towards the shopping center to find Barnes and Noble which was on my left, pushed towards the back.

Walking into the book store was a calming relief. Quiet, fresh new book smells and ground coffee from the Starbucks in the middle of the store. My head looked around for a bit to try and find someone who worked in the back of the store, so I decided to go up to an open checkout counter.

"Hi, I'm sorry, but I'm here for an interview at 9. I wasn't given a name to see but the 5th Street Barnes and Noble transferred me to this location." I glanced at my watch for a moment to check my timing. I was 8 minutes early.

"Yes, please follow me this way." The curly-haired colored girl beamed, taking me to the back of the store and going through the staff doors to the back. "Amelia! The girl for the interview is here!" She yelled down the hallway.

"Which one? A voice yelled back from inside the stock room.

"The one from the 5th Street location!" The girl yelled back. "She'll be right down there." She smiled, pointing me in the direction of where to go.

Smiling and nodding my head, "Ok, thanks so much." The two of us departed ways before I walked further into the stock room.

"I'm Amelia Reynolds, General

Manager." An older lady with long red hair stepped out from behind the shelves. "You must be Sydney?"

The two of us met in the middle to shake hands, "Yup that's me."

"Well, I do have to say your resume is very impressive. 2 Barnes locations in 4 years."

"Yes, I was attending art school at the time while at home, but the first was a starter job."

"I just wanted to say I already made my decision yesterday when I read over your resume," She paused, folding her arms over her chest. I swallowed the lump in my throat awaiting my answer. "Your just what I'm looking for! You're hired!"

I half squeaked at my answer. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Follow me for a tour." Amelia walked off with me at her side.

Amelia showed me around the Barnes and Noble back rooms since I was already familiar with the storefront where all the books were. When we came back, we went into her office.

"Any questions about anything?" She sat down behind her desk while I sat in the chair in front of her.

"Yes, one question. I am doing an internship with the Pittsburgh Penguins and I really don't have a time that I get out by. I may or may not get out really late. I was hoping you would give me a

flexible working schedule with minimum wage?"

"Really?! You're an intern?!" She smiled widely.

I pulled out my ID and showed her my badge around my neck. "Yup."

"Yes, I can give you flexible work times. as long as you can get me seats behind the benches or the tunnel."

Chuckling, "I can try, I can't guarantee anything, but I can try."

"Yes! Thank you!" She squeaked before leaning in close. "I'm a big fan of Kris Letang." She whispered.

"Well, I know him. I give him a run for his money fashion-wise." I whispered back. "But what I was saying about flexible working was I may not come in for a day or two on end because of my internship."

"Oh, yes, yes, I completely understand! it's no problem"

Shrugging my shoulders. "This is only temporary. For how long? I don't know for sure." I crossed my legs in my chair.

"As I said before completely understandable," Amelia nodded. "But thank you for coming in today." The two of us stood up in unison before shaking hands with each other.

"When I come into work will be getting a uniform and my iD badge?"

"Actually you are getting your picture ID today, uniform, and contract today." The redhead went over to a filing cabinet to pull out my contract form.

After filling out my form. I had my picture taken and was given my uniform before leaving.

It was 10:23 when I got into my car. All had to do was basically drive across the street to the practice arena for work where Bri was already waiting for me inside somewhere.

Slightly looking down at my phone. called up Bri, her contact showing up on my dashboard. She then picked up my call. "Hey Syd, how did it go?" I could see the wide smile on her face awaiting my answer.

"Very well, by the way, and I'm on my way over now. I'm gonna park in the front," paused before realizing I didn't know where the front was. "Wherever that is."

"That's on the northeast side of the building, but how did I guess you would go park there anyway." She chuckled through the phone.

Rolling my eyes, the corners of my lips curled, "Because, Brianna Sirochman you know me all too well."

"I very much do," She laughed. "Anyways I'll see ya in a minute."

"K, bye." I then rolled into the driveway which took me to the practice facility.

I rolled around the northeast side of the building when I saw Pittsburgh Penguins in big bold letters with the logo next to it above a canopy where the front doors were. I decided to park my car towards the back of the parking lot.

Grabbing all my gear from the backseat of my car, locking my car, I made my way to the building, taking in the moment just like the first time stepped into the PPG Paints Arena.

From outside l could see Bri on her phone with her camera around her neck, tapping her foot on the floor with her hip cocked. When I got to the automatic doors, Bri turned to face me when I walked into the lobby.

"Ok, well, I'm sorry. Andy needs them ASAP. I have to go but get them to him ASAP." She then ended the call before letting out a huff of exhaustion.

"What's wrong?" My face slightly dropped at her huff.

She slipped her phone into one of the back pockets of her ripped black jeans, "Andy made me call someone for him because he was too busy and the lenses he ordered didn't come in yet so I had to call for him."

Nodding my head at her words, "Ah, I see now."

"Yeah, very very frustrating." She once again let out a huff. "Anyway, did ya get the job?" She wiggled her brows in excitement.

"Yes I did," Bri then did a small jump for joy while clapping her hands together rapidly. "And apparently my boss is a big fan of Kris Letang too."

"Really? That's so cute."

"I know right." I giggled.

"Anyway, I'll show ya around the place and we'll get to work. Bri gave a curt nod of her head before the two of us wandered around the building.

Bri showed me practically everything. from the identical sister locker room the workout room, the hydrotherapy room, and the clinic.

"I feel like this place is bigger than the arena, I might get lost in here." A chuckle escaped my lips as we walked into the practice arena, an identical sister to the one at the PPG Paints Arena where the Penguins were already practicing and doing drills with music blaring through the speakers.

The two of us were looking out on the ice watching the team practice.

"Let's get to getting!" Bri said cheerfully before the two of us made eye contact, walking off to put our "portable offices behind the benches before taking out our cameras, going our own separate ways.

The guys were all in a line waiting for Coach to drop a puck and shoot it into the goal.

Everyone, except for the best players. were making it past Tristan, Sid stepped forward, getting into his ready position before Coach dropped the puck and he whizzed off with it. He pulled a cheap fancy shot on Tristan, making the puck go into the net while all the guys in line hooted and cheered for their captain.

I found the two of us girls also cheering and hooting for Sid behind the glass of the benches. The two of us got into our positions and followed our assignments around behind the glass, constantly pressing the button on the top of our camera, swapping lenses and SD cards, and reviewing our pictures. What felt like only a few minutes, Coach called lunch and all the guys filed themselves off the ice and back to the locker room to shower or do whatever.

Bri and I chatted with Tristan when we arrived in the locker room. The two did their special handshake right in front of me.

"Bro, I wanna learn that it looks hard!" I whined like a 5-year-old, making the two laugh.

Tristan turned to face me, "It's pretty simple," He took his hands and balled it into a fist. "So, boom. We fist-bumped slowly. "Boom." Then we put our right hands in the air with our palms facing down while our left-hand palms were facing up, we slowly clapped and switched hands. "Boom." Then we made two little guns out of our hands and pointed them at each other. "Pew Pew."

"Pew Pew!" I repeated while a smile painted my face.

Bri grinned like the Cheshire Cat, "Eeee!" She clapped her hands rapidly.

Out of nowhere, I was tased in my sides, "EEEEE!" I jumped and whipped around to see who tased me with their fingers.

Kris had a towel wrapped around his waist while trying not to die of laughter, "You jumped 10 feet in the air! Holy shit!" He cackled.

Storming over to him, "Jesus Christ, Kris!" I playfully slapped his shoulder while Bri and Tristan were also trying not to die from laughter.

Tristan had tears coming out of his eyes. Bri was bent over with her hands on her thighs, laughing at the floor while Kris had his one hand over his eyes with his elbow propped on Jake.

"I heard you squeal from all the way across the locker room." Jake laughed but also had a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah because this dumb ass," I pointed to Kris who was still in the same position. "Had to come and tase me in my love handles."

Kris grinned, taking his hand off his eyes, "Oh come on, Syd! It wasn't that hard, you sissy." He strolled over casually to me, wiping strands of wet hair out of his face. "Also, what is that I smell?" He leaned in, inhaling the scent of my perfume. "Calvin Klein?" He smirked.

"No, Victoria Secret, nosy." I teased, spreading my fingers out, putting my hand on his face, and playfully pushing him away.

Kris wiggled his brows with a smile playing on his face. "Ooh, fancy, fancy."

"Oh come on Kris, leave poor Syd alone." Sidney's voice spoke out from out of nowhere before strolling over to us.

Sid was wearing his black t-shirt he wears under his pads along with the rest of his gear below his torso.

"Oh look, knight in shining armor comes to save the day." Kris teased, the two got into a play fight for a second, grinning like idiots.

Sid stopped right in front of me, "Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure!" Nodding my head, Sid and I walked away side by side.

He led me to a more secluded part of the locker room where no one was in "Sid," I was kinda concerned he was planning to murder me. "Are you planning to murder me?" I laughed.

"No! No!" He laughed. "I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me today?"

My face slightly dropped. Was Sidney asking me to lunch? "Today?"

"Yeah."

"Right now?"

"Uh, yeah, when else?" He scratched the back of his head. "Not like a date or anything, just a get to know each other lunch type deal." He blurted out.

"Oh yeah! Yeah! Definitely not a date! Yeah! I'd love that!" I rattled, pushing myself on my tiptoes slightly out of excitement.

"Great! I would assume you know where Il Tetto is in The Strip?" He slightly raised his brow at me.

"No, but I'm sure my GPS will take me." laughed nervously, while trying to be humorous.

Sid laughed. "Is that sarcasm I hear?"

"No! Really?" I gave him that look while laughing. The two of us came back to the group laughing.

I stopped and turned around to face Sid, "Here gimme a minute to change, I'll walk you out." Sid said in between laughs.

"K." I beamed before turning to Kris. who was already changed, Tristan, Jake, and Bri. Jake and Bri were standing really close to each other. Their mouths hung open slightly with wide eyes. "What?" I shrugged.

"What was that?" Bri pointed to me and Sid slightly and moving her finger back and forth.

"Nothing."

Kris coughed, "Didn't seem like nothing." He then coughed with a smirk on his face.

"Ok, Sid asked me to get lunch with him, just so we can get to know each other. I surrendered

"Ooh," Jake smiled while slowly turning his head to look at Tristan and Kris. "Your in trouble."

Shooting my hands on the air, "Well I know he has a girlfriend. And she's probably 10x hotter and sexier than me!" I scrunched my face slightly. The four all looked at each other. mumbling under their breaths to each other before turning to me again. "Guys, he wants to get to know me. That's all."

"Syd, I'm just gonna say this right now to you," Kris started, shoving his one hand in the pocket of his sweatpants, then placing his other hand on my shoulder. "You don't wanna stir the pot with her."

I scrunched my face in confusion, looking between Kris and Bri for answers, "Let's just say she's like Cruella Devil."

"No, she's worse, Bri," Jake added.

Bri shook her head, "No, she's Cruella, Jake." Turning to Jake.

"I'm not gonna steal her boyfriend! He's way too good for me."

The four gazes shifted from me to something behind me. Turning around to see what the four were looking at. Sid had a grey athletic polo shirt in his hand with a bottle of water. His black undershirt still on dark wash jeans with black Converse and his keys on a lanyard coming out of one of his front pockets in his jeans.

Turning back around to the four, "Well, that's my cue to leave. Bye guys, see ya at the apartment Bri!" I smiled and gave a small wave before trotting over to Sid.

"Let's go." He mumbled.

Not even a few seconds after, he was stopped by a blonde with short hair jumping in front of him and talking with him. For me, this was a perfect opportunity to take more pictures of Sid. Thankfully he didn't realize I was doing it because I was done before he came back to me with my camera already put away in my bag hanging around my neck.

Walking to the main entrance of the facility. I didn't realize Sid was still following me, "Ya know, you don't have to walk me out." I smiled at my words, looking up at the tall dark brunette with his black baseball cap covering his hair.

"I know, I just wanted to." He said while facing forward, then he turned to look down at me with a smile.

The wheels on my suitcase clicked as the ground changed from tile to concrete. Sid did as he said, he walked me all the way to my car towards the back of the lot. Digging through my purse, I pulled out my keys, unlocking my Jeep Compass.

Sid gestured to the car that unlocked, "Nice car."

"Oh, thanks. Yours is probably better slightly laughed at his compliment swiping a loose strand of hair behind my ear. My heels clicked on the concrete of the parking lot when I walked. Going over to the passenger side back seat, Sid. kindly, opened the door for me.

My eyes went wide slightly and my eyebrows raised at his gesture, "Why thank you."

"Yup, no problem." He nodded while I put my camera on the seat. I was about to get my suitcase when our hands both grabbed the handle. His was on top of mine but I ripped mine out from underneath swiftly. "Here lemme get that." With ease, Sid lifted the heavy bag.

"You can put that on the floor." gestured to the space on the floor in front of the seat, not wanting him to do a whole bunch of the heavy lifting for me. Sid set the suitcase upright on the floor behind the passenger seat before I closed the door. "Again," I gestured to him. "Thank you for walking me out and doing the heavy lifting for me."

"Again, no problem, and don't thank me just yet," Sid emphasized before walking away, assuming off to his car somewhere on the property.

Starting my car, putting my seat belt on. I typed into the GPS the restaurant and briefly looked at the directions before connecting my phone with the AUX cord to play some music on the way back to downtown Pittsburgh.

In The Night by The Weeknd played in my car as I drove down to the restaurant, drumming my fingers on the wheel with my sunglasses over my eyes.

"She's dancing to relieve the pain, but she'll never walk away. I don't think you understand." I sang along to the music, bobbing my head left and right and moving my butt in my seat.

When I arrived and found a parking spot without parallel parking on the road, it probably took 15 minutes. The lunch traffic was somewhat busier than what was expected and assured.

I parked my Compass not too far away from the restaurant and walked over with my sunglasses on and my black Michael Kors purse crossed over my body.

Out of exhaustion I ruffled my hair and let out a groan before entering the doors of the restaurant, walking up to the check-in.

"Hi, um, I think I'm with a reservation under the name of Sidney?" raised my brow. "S-I-dney." I spelled out for the girl who tapped on the touch screen. "Um, maybe it's under Cros-"

The girl cut me off before I said, Crosby. "Yes, reservation under Sydney! Party of two! Follow me please I'll take ya up!" She beamed, gesturing for me to follow her.

The hostess took the elevator, I only she assumed that she saw that I was wearing heels and didn't want me to climb the flights of stairs to wherever we were going.

The elevator let us off at the top floor of the building where there was a huge space filled with red high top tables and matching seats. Street lamps going down the middle of the room in between tables and bulb lights hanging down crossing overhead. A full bar to the right going all down the wall and an open ceiling. There was no roof, it was all open in the space so you could hear birds and cars and sounds of Pittsburgh in the restaurant.

This made my eyes grow wider out of amazement and awe. I was very impressed.

Everyone looked like they were eating delicious food. I was eyeing up everything I saw. Drinks, appetizers. meals. Everything looked like it was very good and made my stomach grumble and growl at the sight.

The hostess led me over to a table near a mural on the wall about Rooftop Beer Garden where Sid was wearing a different shirt and on his phone.

"Mr. Crosby, your party member has arrived." Sid lifted his head at his last name and smiled at me.

"Thank you."

Pulling out the chair a bit, I turned around to the hostess, "Thank you." I smiled.

She nodded and walked away. Stepping up using the bar on the chair, I sat down and pulled down my skirt of my grey sweater dress, took off my sunglasses, and put my purse in the chair next to me.

"Well, well well," I clicked my tongue a few times afterward, shaking my head with a smirk on my face. "You decided to change I see." Using my head, I gestured to his shirt.

"Yeah, just wanted to look presentable guess." He laughed, then turned off his phone, setting it down face up in front of him.

I then looked around again, "I do have to say that this is absolutely gorgeous. There's nothing like this in Detroit."

"Your saying it's pretty now, you should come in December, much, much better." Sid chuckled before taking a sip of his drink from a fancy copper cup with a lime on the brim, I only assumed it was some sort of alcohol like a margarita or a daiquiri or a mojito.

I took a menu and started perusing it trying to figure out what to have.

"The Atomic Balls are really good, so is their pasta," Sid said, which made me look up, he also seemed to be looking at the menu too.

"What about the Loaded Baked Potato?" I looked back and forth from my menu to Sid.

"That's a good one too." He nodded before taking another sip of his drink.

"Margarita?" I raised a brow, finally questioning his drink with a smirk on my lips.

Sid chuckled, "No, no, mojito." Then put the lime in his drink.

"Huh, I took you for a more margarita vodka person."

"Well I am, but it's lunch." Sid laughed.

"Well, it technically is 5 o'clock somewhere." I checked my watch with a cheesy smile on my face.

The two of us broke into a quick laugh before the waitress came and asked what I wanted to drink.

"Water please."

"Awe, come on, Syd!" He groaned. setting his drink down. "Don't be boring, I'm paying!" He pulled out his wallet and waved it at me for a second.

"No just a water, I don't want you to get a heavy bill." I looked back at the waitress.

"No, no, you get whatever you want." Sid insisted, so I decided to indulge him.

"Do you have unsweetened tea?" I raised a brow at the waitress.

"There ya go!" Sid laughed and took another sip of his mojito.

"I think we're actually ready to order too," I added.

"Yes, go ahead." The waitress smiled, flipping the page of her notepad.

"Um, I'll have the Loaded Baked Potato with fries and a chopped salad, please." While saying my order, I gave her the menu.

"I'll have the Atomic Balls with fries and a Rocket salad." Sid gave the waitress his menu and she went off to put in your orders.

"So what do ya wanna know about me?" Swiping a loose strand of hair behind my ear and folding my hands on the table.

"Well, what do you want to know about me?"

Chuckling, "I know a little bit about you already, but if told you what I know you would freak out."

"Nah," Sid tried to reassure me. "Go ahead."

Taking a deep breath in, then exhaling it. "Sidney Patrick Crosby, born August 7th of '87 in Halifax, Canada. Your mother is Trina and your father is Troy, who played for Montreal as a goalie. Your sister is name is Taylor and your family dog is named Samantha or Sam for short. You stayed with Mario Lemieux before getting settled into life in Pittsburgh and your one of the youngest captains in the NHL and the youngest to win 2 Stanley Cups. 2 Hart trophies, 1 "Rocket" Richard trophy, 2 Art Ross', 3 Ed Lindsay awards, 1 Mark Messner Leadership trophy. 2 Olympic Gold medals, and 2 Conn Smythe trophies, want me to go any further?" I smirked with my brow raised, being a smart ass.

Sid wasn't freaked out or anything he also had the same smirk on his face, "Somebody did their research."

"I very much did so." The waitress came back with my water and gave Sid another mojito.

"Then you also might know I'm best friends with Max Talbot, Flower, Nate, and pretty much most of the team. "Yes, I very much wanna meet Tabolt, Flower, and Nate some time and I've

heard Tabolt is a ladies man too." I chuckled, sipping my water.

Sid pinched his nose briefly, "Yes he is but Flower was more of the ladies man before he got married."

When the waitress came with our food we thanked her. Sid immediately wasted no time in eating his food.

Wait, wait, I gotta get a pic!" I waved my hand in the air, frantically, pulling my phone out from my purse and pointing my phone camera at him. "K. Sid, smile!"

He had his elbows on the table with his hands folded. His arm muscles popped out and his smile was wide and toothy like mine. Once I snapped a picture, he went back to eating.

"What about you? My mysterious photographer come from out of thin air who is ironically also named Sydney. I heard you say Detroit, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say your from Detroit."

Chuckling. I dropped my head down at my food before eating a fry, "No I'm an hour or two away from Detroit."

"Aah, see." Sid pointed a fry at me before eating it.

"Um, I'm 26 years old Pieces, an only child. I have a basset hound named Juno. I live with Brianna in her apartment. I'm a Kendall Art School graduate. I work with Barnes and Noble. Big nerd for movies and TV shows and obviously a Pittsburgh Penguins fan."

"Only child, must have been nice."

"Eh, it has its ups and downs. That's why I talk to myself a lot." My cheeks slightly hearted up from embarrassment.

"I think we all talk to ourselves every now and again. Sid fixed his silver sterling watch on his wrist before looking at me.

While eating our food, Sid told some funny stories about his sister and how he has this famous dented dryer that's practically falling apart, it had to be put into a museum exhibit about him.

We were practically so used to each other at this point, I could let my real laugh out. I eventually let out a snort every now and again and the two of us would cackle like hens.

Sidney Patrick Crosby, what are you doing to me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 24 52
Emmeline (Emme) Saxon moves to Pittsburgh from Maine after graduating from UMaine to become an ice girl for the Penguins. Ice girls are now required...
165K 2.1K 25
Small stories about being Mrs. Crosby. This probably won't be one continuous story, but more like a book of little events. Hope you enjoy it! Random...
Tough Love By ツ

Fanfiction

222K 2.8K 36
When Brooke Lemieux started her new Job as the Physical Therapist for the Pittsburgh Penguins, an NHL hockey Team, she would have never guessed that...
17.6K 299 21
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...