An unavoidable fate | Azur La...

By Pongppx

It was only the beginning of your career in the Royal Navy, however it was unfortunately ending faster than a... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 - New Realities Pt. 1/2
Chapter 3 - The Few Pt. 1/4
Chapter 4 - The Few Pt. 2/4
Chapter 5 - The Few Pt. 3/4
Chapter 6 - The Few Pt. 4/4
Questions
Chapter 7 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 1/3
Chapter 8 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 2/3
Chapter 9 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 3/3
Chapter 10 - Secrets Pt. 1/4
Chapter 11 - Secrets Pt. 2/4
Chapter 12 - Secrets Pt. 3/4
Chapter 13 - Secrets Pt. 4/4
Chapter 14 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 1/4
Chapter 15 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 2/4
Chapter 16 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 3/4
Chapter 17 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 4/4
Chapter 18 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 1/6
Chapter 19 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 2/6
Chapter 20 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 3/6
Chapter 21 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 4/6
Chapter 22 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 5/6
Chapter 23 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 6/6
Chapter 24 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 1/3
Chapter 25 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 2/3
Chapter 26 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 3/3
Chapter 27 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 1/3
Chapter 28 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 2/3
Chapter 29 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 3/3

Chapter 2 - New Realities Pt. 2/2

4.1K 65 40
By Pongppx

??? P.O.V

???: "Oh my, did Dido do something wrong again?"

???: "Wait, isn't that our new commander? Shouldn't we go welcome him?"

???: "Yes, however I think it's a better idea if we go inform Her Majesty first."

???: "About what?"

???: "He single-handedly defeated Dido, even though he doesn't have any swords, he's very interesting for me."

???: "Interesting, he's the first guy that you're interested in."

???: "Mhm..."

???: "He's really interesting then!"

Y/n P.O.V

Aiden: "We are here, Lieutenant! Let's go inside."

Y/n: "Okay okay."

     The HQ building itself was a château, there were three halls in total, the biggest one was the main hall in the center, the other two halls are to the left and right of the main hall, there was a moderately-sized fountain and a flower garden in front of the main hall.

     We got inside, waiting for us however, was yet another girl also in a maid uniform, her white hair was short and her eyes were red, she was also holding a sword.

     I sighed, did the Admiralty seriously not inform them about my arrival...? There's no way this's going to be good.

Y/n: "Doctor, you might want to get out of the way, let me deal with this one."

???: "Calm down, my honourable Master, please follow me to the reception room, we shall talk there."

     She started walking further inside, I looked at Dr. Aiden, he was still staring at her as if he was thinking about something then he followed her, I decided to follow them.

     She opened the reception room doors, it was decorated in Victorian-era furniture, however the room was still very luxurious, I put down the girl on a sofa at the middle of the room, then Dr. Aiden and I sat on the sofa on one side and the girl sat on the sofa on the other side.

???: "Oh, how rude of me, my name is Sirius, a royal maid in the Royal Navy."

Y/n: "First of all, Sirius, I believe if a Lieutenant like me managed to become a commander here, that means there's also some kind of supervisor here before me, am I right?"

Sirius: "Precisely correct, my honourable Master, the guy you're talking about is Commander Eduard Wallace, actually he was our former commander before you got here however..."

Y/n: "However what?"

Sirius: "His behavior is quite inappropriate, I am afraid I won't be able to tell you the details, my honourable Master, 

Y/n: "I see, can you lead me to his office then?"

Sirius: "As you wish, my honourable Master."

Y/n: "Doctor, let's go."

Aiden: "No uh, I will take care of Dido here, while you're gone."

Y/n: "Alright then, Doctor."

     We walked onto the second floor, when we got there, there was a fat man in the Royal Navy uniform walking to the stairs, turns out it was Commander Eduard Wallace.

Eduard: "Oh Sirius, you're finally here! Let me play with those huge mountains of ya."

     He started running towards Sirius, however she hid behind me, he stopped running shortly after and stared at me.

Eduard: "Ho, so you're the new commander? Wanna join in?"

Y/n: "I politely refuse, sir."

Eduard: "Then hand her over."

Y/n: "I am afraid I can't hand over Sirius to you, sir."

Eduard: "Lieutenant, get out of the way unless you want me to bring this up to the court."

Y/n: "If you do so, I can also report you for disgraceful conduct of a cruel or indecent kind, my good sir."

Eduard: "Listen Lieutenant, it's just one girl, don't make it so troublesome, just hand her over and there will be no more problems."

???: "So you were doing this all the time you were here, Eduard? Disappointing."

     We all turned to the stairs, it was none other than Admiral Dudley Pound and his secretary, they were listening to our conversation all the time.

Eduard: "S-ss..Sir Dudley Pound..?!"

Dudley: "You're dismissed, Eduard. Edward, find him an assignment somewhere in the Far East, also get him out of my sight."

Edward: "Aye, sir."

Eduard: "W-wait, sir!"

     Rear Admiral Edward Syfret, Naval Secretary to the First Sea Lord walked up to Commander Eduard and they walked downstairs shortly afterwards, Commander Eduard turned to me just as he was on the stairs and shouted.

Eduard: "I will make you pay for this, for sure! Remember my words."

     Sir Dudley Pound then walked up to me, I saluted him, he saluted me in return and lowered his hand, I did the same shortly afterwards.

Dudley: "Ignore him, Y/n, by the way let's go talk in your office."

Y/n: "Aye, sir, Sirius, can you lead us to my office?"

Sirius: "Yes, my honourable Master, please follow me."

     Sirius opened up a room door to the right of us, we entered it, the room was just as luxurious as the other rooms in here, just how much money did the Royal Navy spent on this? Sirius closed the door behind us.

Dudley: "Well, so about your assignment to No. 242 Squadron RAF, the Air Ministry have approved it, you will go to RAF Coltishall tomorrow from RAF Grimsetter, there are two options for you however, between flying there with the de Havilland Flamingo or a Hawker Hurricane Mk. I"

Y/n: "I would go for the Hawker Hurricane Mk. I, sir."

Dudley: "Perfect, the RAF wanted you to have some practices before going there, another thing, your brother, Aaron L/n, he's a flight leader posted to the squadron, he will meet you tomorrow by the time your aircraft lands."

Y/n: "Alright then, sir."

Dudley: "Your loan to the RAF will end in December along with all the other FAA pilots on loan to the RAF, I will have to see what squadron will be available for you by then."

Y/n: "Got it, sir."

Dudley: "You can come to this section of the base at any time since you're the commander here, how you want to improve this base and those stuffs are entirely up to you."

Y/n: "A question then, sir, where did the MAA (Master-at-arm) and all the regulators go?"

Dudley: "About that, Eduard dismissed all of them two months ago, I will send them back here if you want."

Y/n: "That would be very appreciated, sir, however that brings me yet another question, how did Eduard becomes a commander in the Royal Navy despite him being clearly unfit for service, sir?"

Dudley: "Since he was in the RNR (Royal Navy Reserve), he was posted at this base for 5 years, at first he wasn't like that, he was quite a good man at first, after all those years, he turned from a well-mannered gentlemen to a pervert fat man."

Y/n: "And that likely mean he was most likely addicted to the girls here, while working or he might not even work at all."

Dudley: "Correct, however he have friends in the high place, so he might be able to secure a position like this again, maybe."

Y/n: "That's unfortunate then, sir, are you sure you're going to leave him like that, sir?"

Dudley: "For now, yes, hopefully he'll improve, I gotta go now, and about the Hurricane, there's an airstrip here in this sector, the Hurricane is located there along with a set of ground crews sent by the RAF, see you, Lieutenant."

Dudley: "I will have to remind you again, the existence of this base and the shipgirls are secret, do not tell anyone outside of this base about it, got it?"

Y/n: "Aye, sir, how about the RAF ground crews, did they know about it?"

Dudley: "Of course not, carry on, Y/n."

Y/n: "Aye, sir."

     I saluted him, he saluted me back, Sirius opened the doors and he walked out, I slowly lowered my hands, then Sirius walked in.

Sirius: "My honourable Master, Her Majesty have requested that you have an audience with her."

Y/n: "Got it, Sirius, can you show me around the base after that?"

Sirius: "Yes, my honourable Master."

Y/n: "I have been wondering, who is the so-called "Her Majesty" that you were referring to?"

Sirius: "Oh my apologies, she's HMS Queen Elizabeth, the leader of the Royal Navy, my honourable Master."

Y/n: "I see, also don't stress yourself too much, Sirius, or maybe you might need some rest, you can always sleep in my room if you want."

Sirius: "Y-yes, my honourable Master, however if you wish so, I am always ready to service you tonight..M-my apologies! I made a rather careless assumption..."

      I held my laugh and walked out of my office, I waited for Sirius to close the doors and we started walking downstairs.

Y/n: "So where are we going, Sirius?"

Sirius: "The Royal Navy Dorms, my honourable Master, there are a total of 9 dorms within this base, one for each faction, this was because during the previous Siren invasions in the North Sea, this base was used as the main base, my honourable Master."

Y/n: "Let me guess, the other four dorms are currently deserted after the war started?"

Sirius: "Yes, my honourable Master."

Y/n: "I see, let's go check on Dr. Aiden and that girl named Dido or something?"

Sirius: "Yes, my honourable Master, her name is Dido, she's also a maid assigned to you."

Y/n: "Okay then."

     We walked in front of the reception room and opened the doors, Dr. Aiden and Dido was having some sort of conversation. 

Aiden: "Oh Lieutenant, you're back, we just saw Eduard walked out of the hall, complaining about you, did you get rid of him?"

Y/n: "Kind of, thanks to Sir Dudley Pound, the situation didn't escalate any further."

Aiden: "Thank god, by the way, where are you going, Lieutenant?"

Y/n: "I am going to meet Elizabeth or something, wanna go together, Doctor?"

Aiden: "I'll pass, Lieutenant."

Y/n: "What were you talking about with Dido then, Doctor?"

Aiden: "Oh about that, I should let Dido explain by herself."

Dido: "M-master...about u-uh...what happened earlier..."

Y/n: "Oh about that, it's fine, don't worry."

Dido: "B-but I tried to hurt Master..."

     I walked up to her and pulled her into a hug, I didn't know what was I thinking, however I did it and Dido was blushing.

Y/n: "I told you, it's okay."

     We slowly separated from each other, she was covering her face, I looked at Dr. Aiden and Sirius who was surprised by my bold move.

Y/n: "By the way, Dido, do you mind staying here with Dr. Aiden?"

Dido: "Y-yes, Master."

Y/n: "Alright then, Sirius, let's go."

Sirius: "Follow me then, my honourable Master."

     We walked out of the hall, making our way to the Royal Navy dorms, passing the weirdly quiet Eagle Union dorms in the process, when we reached the Royal Navy dorms, we found a garden in front of it, with a pavilion in the center, there were two girls sitting in there.

Sirius: "My honourable Master, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth is currently waiting for you in there, please proceed on your own, I will be waiting here outside the pavilion."

Y/n: "Got it."

     I walked into the pavilion and sat down, the two girls were eating the cakes and the cookies on the table inside the pavilion.

???: "Are you the new commander? Another servant added into my household then!"

Y/n: "Lieutenant Y/n L/n, I assume you're the so-called "Her Majesty", Your Majesty?"

Elizabeth: "Ho, so you're a well-mannered gentlemen? Better than that previous fool I guess."

Y/n: "I assume that you're talking about Commander Eduard?"

Elizabeth: "Yes! And this is my favourite servant, Warspite!"

Warspite: "A pleasure meeting you, Commander."

Y/n: "I would prefer if you address me by my rank as a "Lieutenant" rather than the word "Commander", however it's all up to you, my lady."

Warspite: "If you say so."

Elizabeth: "Enough talking! Let's get to the main topic, are you ready, servant?"

Y/n: "Aye, Your Majesty, just start the conversation already."

     We then stared at each other, the situation was tense, all the while, Elizabeth was still eating the cookies and cakes on the table...

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploaded just in time before the end of the week! Thanks for the 300+ reads, I am really motivated by it! I will be uploading one chapter per week as always.

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the story, then don't hesitate to write it down in the comment section down below, I will be sure to read it!

See you in the next chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 883 18
In this world, shipgirls were created to keep humanity safe from threats from another world. The sirens. But when humanity was safe, the different fa...
54.6K 1.8K 37
This could not possibly be happening, right? You were sure that you had simply gone to bed as per usual and yet here you are, far from home, met with...
48.4K 738 18
"I felt my heart beat a little faster than before. Is it because of my work? No, it wasn't. It's something new." Erljohn Lebosada is a gifted child o...
380K 5.7K 58
In a world in conflict with the Sirens, a young commander is assigned to Azur Lane. He will be tested by his command, his enemies and his ships. His...