A Woman Scorned

Oleh corlenessssssss

They said marriage was for better and for worse but what can she do when her husband dumps her for a mistress... Lebih Banyak

prologue
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
Author's note
Author's note

CHAPTER 30

1.7K 115 3
Oleh corlenessssssss

Kayla's POV

The fashion show was a success. Kayla beamed at her reflection in the mirror as she changed into a different dress. It was an off shoulder green ball gown that had some decorations on the upper bodice.She had to go down to meet the guests and hear their opinion about the show. As she descended down the stairs to the hall she couldn't help but feel like a queen.

She met with Mrs De Punt who was exhilarated on how well everything went. Everyone who she met was gushing on how stunning the dresses were. She was going around receiving compliment when she collided into something. Or was it someone? 

Whilst still against the body, she raised her eyes and was met by the most enchanting eyes ever. It was like she was bewitched or maybe under a spell. She couldn't tear her eyes from the molten charcoal coloured eyes that were looking intensely at her. After a few moments of staring, she finally gained her senses, she pulled away from his chest and composed herself. 

Unlike most men around, she realised that he was not wearing a tuxedo. He was wearing a plan white T-shirt, some checked sleek with suspenders and black shades. He looked debonair.

"I'm so sorry Sir. I wasn't looking where I was going." She blabbered, her eyes averted and rooted to the floor. She felt embarrassed.

"You are Miss King, the brains behind this show?" His deep voice asked.

It was really more of a statement than a question. Kayla's eyes snapped back to his face. He was smiling at her. He had a bewitching smile that revealed perfect set of white teeth.

"Yes I am. This is my first time seeing you Sir. May I know who Sir is?"

"I am Sibusiso Ngwane. May I say that you look lovely, as a matter of fact you are stunning. It is a delight to finally meet you up close. I am  enchanted." His voice was playful.

He was charming and had a way with words. A charming smile illuminated his perfectly chisseled handsome face. He was an endangered species and a dangerous one for that matter. 

Kayla felt her face get hot. She forced her gaze away from his alluring eyes and enchanting smile. She wanted to tell him that he was the one who looked perfect but she couldn't find her voice. After an awkward silence she managed to find her voice.

"Thank you Mr Ngwane." She offered a tiny smile. She had never heard of any Ngwane's before and judging by his accent he was either well educated or spent most of his time overseas.

"Please call me Sibusiso." He shook her hand.

Kayla felt a tingling feeling going up her arm. She abruptly pulled her hand away. Sibusiso reluctantly let her hand go.

"Then you call me Kayla."  She said rubbing her hands together. She was devising an excuse, wanting to go as far away from the dangerous man infront of her as ever.

"Your knowledge on Greek and Roman mythology is refreshing. The way you talked passionately about Aglaea, it was nice to hear." He complimented before she could come up with an excuse.

"I'm an old soul at heart. I fell in love with Greek mythology while I was at Senior School. I'm guessing you are also a fan?" She asked.

"Of course. I'm most fascinated by Aphrodite. I mean the girl was born from the sea foam after Uranus's blood dropped into the sea. The same Uranus whose blood split after being castrated by his youngest son. Her story communicates with me more."

"And here I thought you were only fascinated by her because she was the Goddess of beauty and fertility." She teased.

"But I am. She was the Goddess of pleasure, passion, beauty and desire. What sane man wouldn't be fascinated by her? She was everything a man could ever want in his woman. Aphrodite is more like you. I mean you are also the Goddess of beauty so I think you do both Aglaea and Aphrodite justice."

Kayla blushed at his words, he was dangerous to her heart. His smooth tongue along with his charming smile were dangerous combination for Kayla. She could see herself getting lost those alluring eyes and that smile.

"I would like to take you out on a date." He simply stated.

Kayla was buffled by his brazeness. They had just met and she didn't even know him that well. She tried to find an excuse as to why she couldn't go out with him but her phone beat her to it. She knew that if it wasn't for her phone ringing she would have agreed to go out with him.

She gave him an apologetic smile and turned her attention to her phone.  She saw Thulisiwe's name reflect on her screen. She answered the phone with a smile but it was quickly erased from her face. She listened for a few minutes and the phone slid from her hand. It crashed to the floor with a loud thud.

"What's wrong?" Sibusiso asked with concern. He knew that whatever she heard on the phone had to be bad.

"I have to go. I have to go to the hospital, my daughter needs me. How can I have been so stupid to leave her?"  She blabbered as she went over to Valery.

Sibusiso walked over to her and he could hear her barking out  commands. After the brief conversation with Valery, Kayla rushed to go outside. Sibusiso was right behind her and he saw her calling for the car.  

"Slow down Kayla. I will take you to the hospital. You are in no state to drive." He guided her to his car and she obeyed.

Kayla got into the car without a fight. She just needed to get to the hospital and she was grateful when Sibusiso offered to drive. She was a nervous wreck and she knew she was in no state to drive. She saw a call from Mekyla and she figured Mekyla might have seen her rush out. She answered the call and informed her friend that she was going to the hospital because something was wrong with Ayanna. Mekyla promised to be there soon with Tasha.

"What am I gonna do if something happens to her? She is my life. I will never forgive myself." Kayla said after hanging up the phone.

She placed her head in her hands and cried. Just when she thought things were working out for her, something bad had to happen. It was like she was cursed and wasn't meant to be happy.

"You can't blame yourself Kayla. You daughter is gonna need her mama when we get go the hospital." Sibusiso tried to reason and reassure her.

Kayla was concerned because Ayanna had a weak immune system and even a small infection could cause some detrimental effects. When they arrived at the hospital she ran inside and demanded to know where her baby was. She was shown to the children's ward where she saw Thulisiwe sitting on the chair outside looking lost. She ran over to her and flew her arms around her.

"What happened Ma?" She asked after the hug. Kayla could see the bloodstained eyes of Thulisiwe and she realised that the old lady has been crying.

"I had just put Ayanna to bed when I heard her cry through the baby monitor. I didn't even take two minutes to get to her but by the time I got to her room she was not breathing. Her tiny body was just limp and there was vomit all over her. I decided to call the ambulance because I didn't wanna move her and cause more damage. When we arrived in the hospital they wheeled her away and that's when I called you. The doctors have been with her ever since."

Sibusiso placed a supporting arms on her shoulder and she leaned onto him as fresh tears stained her face. Kayla could see the questioning look in Thulisiwe's eyes as she stared at Sibusiso. Kayla didn't say anything because her heart went out for her baby girl. She didn't have time for the introduction.

"Oh God. My poor baby. She must be in pain and scared." Kayla whispered softly. She felt guilty for enjoying herself at the launch.

Sibusiso pulled her into a deep hug and she cried into his chest. Her tears stained his T-shirt but he didn't seem to mind. After a few minutes in the waiting room her friends arrived. They hugged her and tried to assure her that everything would be alright. They all sat quietly in the waiting room until she heard a voice behind her. It was a voice she knew but least expected.

"Kay what's going on?"

Kayla raised her eyes to see a concerned Michael looking at her. Before she could even think straight she ran up to him and pulled him into a hug. Michael was puzzled by the sudden display of affection.

"Oh Mike. Something is wrong with Ayanna. The doctors are still with her and they are not telling us anything ." She sobbed and clung to him. Sibusiso watched intensely at the display before him.

"It's okay. She is gonna be fine. I'm sure she is as strong as her mother." Michael said rubbing her back. She pulled away from him when she saw a doctor walking towards them.

" Doctor what is wrong with my baby?" She enquired.

"Miss King we don't know what is wrong with your daughter yet. We had to call Ayanna's paediatrician. He is still with her now and soon he will update you on what's going on. Right now Ayanna is stable so that is a good sign." The doctor said sympathetically and walked away.

What he said was not comforting at all. They waited for what felt like eternity until Kayla saw Dr Marshall walking towards them.

"Doctor Marshall what is wrong with my baby?" She demanded answers.

"I'm sorry Miss King, it looks like Ayanna has what we call necrotizing enterocolisis." The doctor said.

"Doctor can you please speak in simple English?" Michael snapped. Kayla turned around to give him a disapproving look.

"Necrotizing enterocolitis is a disease that occur when the wall of the intestine is invaded by bacteria, which cause inflammation and death of a portion of the bowel. Such bowel wall destruction can lead to perforation of the intestine and spillage of stool into the infant’s abdomen, which can result in an overwhelming infections."

Kayla listened to the doctor as he explained how they confirmed the presence of  air bubbles in the wall of the intestine of Ayanna with an X-ray. He explained that they had to put a nasogastric tube extending from the nose into the stomach. He went on to explain that the tube would suction air and fluids from the baby's stomach and intestine, relieving swelling and discomfort. Kayla's body shuttered when she thought of a tube down her baby's belly.

Since Ayanna had been on probiotics and was not responding to medication, Dr Marshall told them that surgery was the only way to save the baby's life. He explained that he had to remove the destroyed intestinal parts, leaving as much intestine as possible so that less damaged segments have an opportunity to regain function.

Kayla signed the necessary papers to allow the surgery to happen. They waited in the waiting room for about three hours with no response. It was around three in the morning when she saw Dr Marshall walk towards her with a smile on his face.

"The surgery was a success. Ayanna is not out of the woods yet so the following 72 hours are critical.  Another operation to reexamine the abdomen may be required in 48 hours later to determine if disease has progressed." He explained. Kayla breathed with relief.

" Thank you so much doctor. Can I see her now?"

"You can go see her now, but I'm afraid it's going to be only you. The nurse would give you protective clothing to wear because right now exposure to bacteria or any microorganisms is not an option for Ayanna."

"Thank you doctor."

Kayla told everyone to go home because the worst was over. Michael was reluctant on going but she assured him that she will call him as soon as there was any change. Sibusiso on the other hand decided to stay, he came with an excuse that he was her ride home. Kayla didn't argue with him. She went to Ayanna's room and she was saddened to see the state her daughter was in.

She sang Ayanna her favourite lulaby and after a few minutes she placed a kiss on her forehead and left. Sibusiso took her home and he walked her to the door. She thanked him before going inside. She felt tired, after stripping off her dress she fell asleep.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

18.7K 1.6K 10
After commiting a big yet wonderful mistake, All she had in mind was leave, run, hide. She tried so hard to cover up her biggest secret. But what...
10.3K 507 42
What happens when love gets in the way of rivalry? Will the feeling of love be stronger than that of vengeance? A man and a woman meet under complica...
1.5K 78 44
She's backkkkk. But this time she has a secret. A huge secret. It's 2 years later and Nyah has finally found peace. She has a new job, a new persona...
64K 1.4K 29
"Secrets I've held in my heart, Are harder to hide than I thought. " β™‘β™‘β™‘ 𝘐𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨? 𝘐𝘚 οΏ½...