Mine to Protect (Completed)

By mangomonkey13

Sophia and her daughter Ella were on the run for their lives. Turning to a past friend for help, they find t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chaper 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 6

171K 5.1K 695
By mangomonkey13

Sophia - picture 

Sophia’s POV

It has been a week since I woke up and Doc Murphy said that I could get out today.   Of course we had no home, but we were going to stay in the pack house.   The pack house.   Man it sounded so strange.   The day after I woke up, Jane sat with me to explain her world to me.   To say that I was shocked is an understatement.  

At first I thought maybe I was suffering from some brain damage that was until Jane shifted.   It was a good thing that I was still in bed, because otherwise I would have fainted.   Ella on the other hand had no reaction.   She just marched right over to Jane and began petting her.  It was all so weird and hard to take in.  

I guess from a child’s level, it would be easier to accept, but me…well let’s just say that I was having a hard time.  

Jane explained everything to me and I guess Ella as well since she still would not leave my side.  When Jane got to the part as to who Knox was to the pack and especially me and Ella, my anger reached an all new level. 

Oh hell no.   I will not be saddled with another possessive, arrogant, self-absorbed partner.   My ex cured me from ever wanting that type of attachment for as long as I lived.   I don’t care if some moon goddess thought we were perfect for each other, she can find someone else for him.  

I just wanted to find a nice quiet place to raise my daughter in peace.   Not with some enormous, sexy Alpha male who is destined for me.   No f-ing way.   I had all my decisions taken away from me for the past decade.   No more.  I didn’t want this, I didn’t need this and who the hell does he think he is just waltzing in here day after day, trying to comfort me and Ella!  The nerve of this man.  

We were fine, once I was better, Ella and I would continue on up to Canada, out of the jurisdiction of the FBI.   Brian had no friends in Canada, no one to turn us in to him, no one to help him.  

From there my plan was to head to Europe.   I have always wanted to live in Italy.   Jane was trying to talk me out of it, saying we were best protected her by their pack, not our pack since I was considered the next Luna.   Whatever the hell that is…

It was now Friday and Jane was sitting next to me explaining more about the shifter world.   Ella as at the table in the corner playing on the iPad Knox gave to her.   I knew she was listening, but her gaze never lifted from the screen.    She still has not said a word to anyone, only nodding when needed.   I felt such sorrow, as her mother, that I could not fix this.   She was going to need to work through our experience as her own pace, I could not rush her.  

The door to my room opened and Knox and Noah, who we met the day before, stepped in.   His eyes landed on mine and he flashed me a huge smile.   “Good morning beautiful’s, how are you both doing today?”

Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, he was careful not to touch me.   Jane updated him on my progress and where she stood with regards to my questions.   Flashing me another smile, his gaze landed onto Ella.   She was staring at Noah with a blank look on her face.   It was as if she was still sizing him up.   Yesterday, she barely acknowledged his presence so at least she was getting better.  

Gosh, I love that little girl so much and I just hopped she would bounce back from all of this.  

“Hey Ella, some of the kids are outside playing soccer.   Do you want me to take you out there so you can play?” 

Holding my breath, I waited for her to answer Noah.   Ella has not been out of the room, no matter how much we begged.   Each day Knox invited her somewhere, but she never accepted.      Before she could nod yes or no, Noah reached over and grabbed her hand.  

Everyone in the room were shocked when she did not pull her hand away or throw a fit.   Pulling her along to the door he yelled back that they would be outside and he would bring her back after lunch.   Ella turned back and the tiniest of smiles graced her lips. 

Once the door closed I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding.  

“I cannot believe that she just went with him.   For two weeks she refused to leave my side…don’t get me wrong I am happy that she is getting some fresh air, but how did Noah get her trust so quickly…I am so worried.”

“Yeah, you definitely don’t need to worry, not with Noah, he will watch over her like a wolf.”

“What do you mean Jane?  Is there something else I need to know?  Is she safe with him?”

“Well…”

“What Jane means Sophia is that Noah is a lot like me when it comes to protecting our family.   He considers Ella family so he will protect her with his life, isn’t that right Jane?”

“Um, yes that’s right.   Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree in this case.”

Okay, I guess that does make sense and I relaxed against the pillows.   Knox seemed to be quite protective when it came to both Ella and I.   I can see his son picking up those characteristics.   Knox spent all of his free time keeping us company and trying to get Ella to open up and relax around him.  

He was a hard person not to like.   He was warm and sweet to both of us.   It was tough not to melt when his baby blue eyes glanced my way.   Definitely what you would call bedroom eyes.   His dark hair had a soft wave about it, tempting me to run my fingers through.

What.  Stop it right there Soph, you do not want to run your fingers through anything.   Especially not along his broad, muscular shoulders.   The type of shoulders you could really grab hold of…

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with me?   I was acting like a teenager.  It just must be hormones or something.   Hell I haven’t thought about a man sexually since before Ella was born.   Brian and I didn’t make love or even have sex.   Everything was always one sided, his side.   He would take what he wanted, whether I wanted to give it or not.  Always for his pleasure, hell the last orgasm I had was when we were still dating.  

Now as I lay here and look over at Knox talking to Jane about training or something, I am confused how my body gets tingly whenever our eyes meet.    Since that first day he has not physically touched me, but I remember the sparks of electricity that danced along my skin from his contact.   It felt great and scared me shitless.   I was not sure what it was, but just those few caresses made my body come alive.    That was one of the reasons I freaked out on him and yelled. 

I was terrified to be alone with any man, especially him.   After my experience with Brian, I have written off all men.    Hell at this point the thought of being intimate with any man was paralyzing.   According to Brian, I was horrible, unresponsive and a bit repulsive.   The last bit was added while I was pregnant, and after wards when I carried around the extra baby weight.  

He considered my new more curvy body disgusting, but that didn’t keep him away.   At first, I liked my new curves and was comfortable with my size 10 frame.   Now I was embarrassed and ashamed of how I looked.   Something he reminded me of on a daily basis.  

As I gaze over at Knox I wonder what he would like about my body.   Would he critique it like Brian did?   Or would he accept it?   What am I saying…a man like him would not want to have a fuller figured girl?   He looked like a Greek god and deserved to have a mate who looked like a model, not a frumpy mom.   The poor guy.   Oh well maybe he can find a different mate.   I am really not sure how all of this works yet as it has been a lot to take it, but man did the moon goddess get this one wrong.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 56 7
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
22.2K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...
274K 9.1K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
175K 2K 21
WARNING: Have not edited! **A.K.A. Boarding School is Always Fun** Coming home from boarding school is something every person would love. Everyone e...