You Should Bow to the Sea God

By shadowgrace0630

"Poseidon is dead." Three words had sent Percy Jackson's life spiralling out of his control. Percy who had tu... More

Chapter 1: Testament and Will of Poseidon
Chapter 2: Immortality
Chapter 3: Nightmares and Warnings
Chapter 4: For better or for worse
Chapter 5: Mermaids and Atlantis
Chapter 6: Council of Atlantis
Chapter 7: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Chapter 8: Will You Marry Me?
Chapter 9: What Prowls in the Dark
Chapter 10: Lessons for the 'Weak'
Chapter 11: Trouble is a Friend
Chapter 12: Demon Princes and Darkness
Chapter 13: Pathetic, Incompetent, Nothing
Chapter 14: Wise Girl, Seaweed Brain
Chapter 15: Books and Lies
Chapter 16: Not Again!
Chapter 17: A Secret Buried Deep
Chapter 18: A Mermaid's Wish
Chapter 19: A Letter, a Trident and a Jason Grace
Chapter 20: Confessions to Make
Chapter 21: Mind the Squid
Chapter 22: A Revelation? Or a Betrayal
Chapter 23: The Second Trench War
Chapter 25: Compassion is a Weakness
Chapter 26: Once and for All
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 24: Drown Her

1.7K 51 28
By shadowgrace0630

Percy's heart thundered in his chest when he finally made it to Poseidon's chamber.

Vormver stood in the middle of the room, Annabeth beside him, still encased in the bubble. Sylvia stood in the corner, looking horror-stricken by the fact that her 'mother' was now a demon. The room had been cleared out and left no trace that a murder had happened here once.

Percy struggled to get used to the sight of the sea demon prince before him. Just a while ago, he wore the face of Lady Serena, And now he had officially taken on the form of a demon prince, taking over Phyllis completely.

"Finally," Vormver said, laughing darkly. His voice was deeper than Tytannus's and had a raspy feel. "The hero arrives."

Percy clenched his jaw, glaring at Vormver. His eyes barely shifted to Annabeth in case Vormver decided to attack. Instead, they fell onto the trident in Vormver's hands. He must have taken them from Annabeth before Percy got here.

"Yes," Vormver smiled. "The trident. The key piece in handing over your power."

"I don't mean to disappoint but I don't know how to do it," Percy said quickly. "I can't just give you my powers, I have no idea how."

Vormver didn't appear fazed. Instead, he threw the trident to him. Percy caught it quickly, glaring at the sea demon.

"You just have to want to give it away," Vormver said. "Your power listens to you and does your bidding. All you have to do is command it."

"In case you forgot, you dampened my powers."

Vormver snapped his fingers and immediately water flowed into the bubble. Percy's heart skipped a beat as Annabeth began pounding on the bubble. Vormver waited until the bubble was half full before snapping his fingers again, stopping the flow.

"Consider this a warning," he said calmly. "I left enough to complete this ritual so you better do it or poor Annabeth shall drown. Do it and I shall let the both of you live, consider this a mercy."

Percy stared at the trident in his hands and looked up to look straight into Vormver's pitch-black eyes. One thing was clear before him.

He needed Annabeth out of the game.

"No," he said. "Drown her."

"No?" Vormver asked incredulously. "Have I not made myself clearer?"

Vormver snapped his fingers and immediately water flowed steadily again into the bubble, flooding it. Annabeth resumed her pounding on the bubble immediately.

"In case you didn't realize, Annabeth is mortal," Vormver said, his voice rising with frustration and impatience.

Percy forced his expression to harden into something unforgiving. "Maybe you're wrong about me, Vormver," he said. "Maybe I just don't care anymore."

Vormver hissed at him. "I'm not playing games, Percy Jackson. I will not hesitate to kill her."

"And I'm done taking orders!" Percy said, his voice loud and clear. "So hear me, Vormver. I won't do what you ask, and nothing you do can make me. Not anymore." Percy lifted the trident and pointed it at Vormver who looked beyond angry now.

"So be it," Vormver chuckled darkly.

Water flowed into the bubble at top speed while Annabeth was visibly screaming inside. Percy shut off his thoughts and the pounding in his chest, making sure not to betray any form of emotion on his face.

It didn't take long for the bubble to fill up and Vormver cackled. "I guess I underestimated your bloodthirstiness and your willingness to sacrifice a loved one for power," Vormver smiled. "You're stronger than I thought, it would be a waste to see you die. It would have been interesting to see how powerful you would become."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the bubble burst after filling up completely, Annabeth clawing at her throat and struggling for air in the ocean. Percy was powerless so he couldn't form another around her.

But he wasn't entirely out of options yet.

"You're wrong," Percy whispered, reaching into his pocket and feeling the two hidden objects inside. He looked up to look Vormver in the eyes. "Everyone thinks I'm powerful, but everyone's mistake is that they forget that I don't lack in intelligence."

He grabbed Riptide from his pocket and threw it at Vormver who yelled and dodged, buying Percy just enough time to swim over and grab Annabeth away from Vormver. He took out the Nightlace and fed it to her, grateful that Annabeth was still conscious enough to swallow.

He heard Vormver's scream of pure rage but Percy's job was done. His heart was racing so quickly he thought it might jump out of his chest but it was done.

Annabeth gasped for air as her legs transformed into a shimmering violet tail.

She was now a mermaid.

Percy couldn't help but gape at her. She looked beautiful. He knew it wasn't the right moment but he couldn't help it. Her blonde hair had escaped its usual ponytail and floated around her but her stormy grey eyes were what brought him back to his senses. They were filled with rage and promised violence. Percy was just glad he wasn't on the receiving end of it.

"You cheater," Vormver laughed softly. "I guess we keep underestimating each other, don't we. Just when we thought we were done, more surprises keep popping up."

"I just didn't want to play by your rules," Percy said, not wanting to let on that the Nightlace was his last card and he was out of tricks. He just hoped that Vormver was out of tricks as well. He felt in his pocket and found that thanks to whatever magic in the world, Riptide was back in his pocket. "And now we're done playing."

"You're right," Vormver said. He thrust both hands out, darkness swarming around them and morphing into twin wicked looking blades.

Percy quickly took Riptide out, the bronze sword visibly smaller than Vormver's blades but it would do. Beside him, Annabeth gestured for a weapon. Percy knew better than to tell her to save herself and leave him. He wouldn't deny her the chance for revenge either. Percy handed her the trident, choosing Riptide for himself. As if in confirmation, the bronze hilt felt warm in his hands.

"I gave you an easy way out, to hand over your power to me and I would let both of you go." Vormver's eyes gleamed in anticipation. "And now I'll just have to beat you up to get what I want."

Percy charged and swung his sword, connecting with Vormver's own blades with a loud clang that rang in his ears. He was aware of Annabeth attacking from the other side but Vormver had centuries of practice, his sword-fighting skills were out of the world.

Percy dodged a blow that missed merely by a few inches but it made him unstable, causing him to fall on his feet. Vormver took the chance to slash his sword down on him. Percy quickly rolled away but the sword managed to slice open a deep gash his abdomen. Percy hissed in pain as golden immortal blood flowed out. Because his powers were weakened, his wounds closed slower and he could feel the wound straining to heal.

"You cannot beat me," Vormver said. "You have no idea what you're up against."

"Just shut up," Annabeth cried, slamming the trident against Vormver's blades.

"Silly girl," Vormver laughed, deflecting her blows easily while Percy struggled to stand straight. Annabeth was keeping Vormver busy, but for how long?

He got his answer when Vormver used his powers to send a wave of water crashing against her. Annabeth was thrown back against a stone wall, grunting in pain.

"I tire of you," Vormver hissed. "I've fought turtles who made more effort than you."

Percy blinked and burst into a fit of laughter. He knew it was inappropriate right now and he still had one hand clutching his wound but the sound of Vormver fighting turtles set something off in him. It made Vormver angrier, but it also caught him off guard.

Quick as lightning, Percy launched himself at Vormver who dodged but was late to react. Percy's sword sliced a deep gash on Vormver's thigh, causing him to let out an inhumane screech. Percy didn't stop there, he slashed his sword again, this time opening a gash on his right arm, forcing Vormver to drop one blade. Percy was panting now, his wound slowing him down, but he didn't stop.

Vormver growled and sent a black bolt of darkness towards him. Percy swerved but his movements were sluggish. The bolt hit him square in the chest, throwing him backward and he collapsed in a heap on the ground.

Pain lanced up his abdomen, causing his vision to turn hazy. He was vaguely aware of Vormver stepping up to him, his uninjured hand engulfed in darkness and raised above his head.

"I'm done with you," Vormver said and fired his shot.

Time seemed to slow as he watched the blow head straight for his chest.

"No!" he heard Annabeth cry and before he could scream or try to stop it, Annabeth threw herself in front of Percy, taking the brunt of it for him.

His senses cleared in a second. He was aware of himself screaming Annabeth's name. He pulled her towards him, checking her pulse frantically. Percy almost cried when he heard a steady heartbeat. But Annabeth was knocked unconscious.

"You should have just did what I told you to do," Vormver said, shaking his head. "I never wanted to hurt your little girlfriend. You left me with no choice. It's over, Perseus Jackson. You will hand me your power and we will end this. I might even spare you."

Percy looked up in anger but before he could say something to provoke Vormver further, a figure crashed into him, sending both the figure and Vormver crashing into a pillar. Percy jolted up yet careful not to jostle Annabeth.

It was Naguel!

Beside him, someone touched his shoulder. He turned to find a wide-eyed Sylvia.

"Let me help her," Sylvia said.

Percy blinked in confusion but shook his head, not trusting her. Behind, Naguel had started to battle Vormver. Percy's heart was torn into two, he wanted to stay with Annabeth but he needed to get to Naguel and quick.

Sylvia shook her head. "I never knew Lady Serena was Vormver," she said, her voice strained. "I was clouded by emotions for my 'mother' but I realized now that she had been using me this whole time. She had been so sweet once. I hadn't been sorry for my actions, but after meeting you, Percy, you made me hesitate, for the first time in my life. Please, just give me a chance to redeem myself."

Percy still hesitated but Sylvia gave him a sad yet sincere smile. Percy remembered the way Phyllis was treated, the way the Council never gave her a chance. Sylvia might have betrayed him, But he wasn't one to hold grudges. He understood why she did it.

Even he might have done it under different circumstances.

"I promise I'll take care of her," Sylvia vowed. "I swear on the River Styx."

Percy handed Annabeth to Sylvia who took Annabeth with surprising gentleness. Immediately, she swam off to a safer spot to begin tending with Annabeth's wounds.

There was no time for distraction. Percy had to rely on his instincts this time. He picked up his discarded sword and trident. His wounds hadn't healed yet but they were closed enough to allow more movement. That would have to do for now.

Percy raced to the battle. Naguel was slowing wearing down. Even though he was injured, Vormver still maintained an excellence in sword fighting. They had moved so much they were now in the middle of the entire Trench War.

Percy could spot the Council battling the raining five sea demons. Triton had been freed and was aiding Razir with Tytannus. On the west side, Keelie and Gary were bickering while battling a huge sea demon. Guards and other sea creatures fought mercilessly against the sea demon army.

He didn't bother wasting a breath, swimming towards Vormver. He stopped beside Naguel, the older member visibly panting but his eyes were wild.

"Time to end this," Naguel said. "Once and for all."

Percy only raised his sword in answer, his own eyes burning with a defiance so bright.

They charged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 683 38
*COMPLETED* Percy never expected to die the way he did. He never expected to magically come back to life. He never expected to be in an army. And he...
117K 2K 33
(A/N: I do not own any of the pictures or characters used in this fanfic.) You all know Perseus Jackson, the great hero son of Poseidon. We know his...
499K 11.7K 41
(#1 halfblood 14-08-2018) (#1 Darkpercy 18-10-2018) (#1 pjofandom 29-12-2019) No matter who you are, what you are, if you've done a crime, you must...
7.9K 255 8
ā why did I ever decide to leave camp? āž ā cause you love me! duh. āž šŽš‘. A daughter of Poseidon and a son...