the dutch boy - haikyuu x m!r...

By drakensboyfie

a second year that stands at 6'4" who isn't in the starting lineup. all he expected was to make friends, memo... More

[ S E A S O N . 1 ]
second year - the dutch boy
m/n-senpai!! - meet tsukishima and yamaguchi
sub me in! - seijoh match?!
i'm not on the team?! - wrapped around his finger
what i think m/n looks like
key to success - meet iwa-san and oikawa
m/n's popular... - cheeky brat
the tallest, third tallest, and shortest - meet noya-chan and asahi-san
the ace is back - m/n is ruthless!
❗ NOTICE ❗
...a cat? - #13
blocked out - meet nekoma high
m-m/n is b-broken! - leftie
intimidation - start of interhigh prelims
manipulation - maniac
next time - something wrong
pushing it - it's only the first set
collapsed crows - i believe
m/n's stats ¹
¤ IMPORTANT ¤
¤ HEAR ME OUT ¤
☆ - texts w/ the boys + kiyoko (♡)
☆ - movie night
☆ - shopping distractions
☆ - blessed first years
[ S E A S O N . 2 ]
unhinged - meet ushijima wakatoshi
studying with m/n - meet yachi hitoka
calls and facetimes - one step closer
reunited - meet lev haiba
remember - crimson splatters
promise - what's your relationship with him?
¤ IMPORTANT ² ¤
why are they so abnormally comfortable? - just a club
thirsting - motherly insticts
☆ - leggings or kneepads
☆ - late night bathroom break
☆ - i-i'm the older one/kitten
☆ - taunting
☆ - hold my hand
☆ - blink if you need help
barbeque - sad goodbyes
first rounds - until october!
phone number - anticipation
☆ - memories ¹
tennis ball - meet mad dog
☆ - memories ²
✨ h i a t u s ✨[OUTDATED]
sweet nothings - i want to stay here longer with you
☆ - memories ³
(:( notice ):)
all for nothing at all - ik hou van je
☆ - a slip of the tongue - 100k
!discord announcement!
meet me in amsterdam release
☆ - third year privileges
[ OIKAWA + IWA ]
HOW WE MET...

tension - fun bathroom breaks

6.8K 288 52
By drakensboyfie

🥰I WILL EDIT THIS CHAPTER LATER I LOVE U GUSY AND I HOPE U ENJOY THIS 🥰

i hope you all realize in this chapter that mc is just a touch starved boy that loves affection ellemayo 

almost made the title, "✨🧚‍♀️fun bathroom breaks uwu rawr xd🧚‍♀️✨" but had to physically restrain myself from typing that 

also tokyo boys are back for like one second yayyyy

Karasuno had a month before they would have to participate in the qualifier matches. In that time, M/n had been jumping between where he was practicing and going to the gym. The majority of his time on the court practicing was with Sugawara, who was getting accustomed to setting to M/n, who was strictly using his left hand now. It was a bit hard and difficult to get used to, especially with the different signals Sugawara had to learn, but near the end of August, Sugawara and M/n were becoming more successful with their sets. 

M/n happily hummed as he pulled Takeda forward, "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!"

The poor teacher was being so excitedly dragged by the second year because they were in Tokyo again. They were scheduled to have some practices matches scattered throughout their week in Tokyo, just to fit in some extra practice before their qualifiers. M/n was pulling Takeda along because he needed the teacher to greet Nekoma's coach before they could start.

When they finally greeted each other, M/n sprinted into the gym, a cheerful smile on his face the entire time. On the bus ride to Tokyo, he couldn't decide who he would hug first, so he came to the conclusion that whoever he spotted first or was closest to him, he would hug.

"Bo-chan!" he shouted, jumping, and what looked like, tackling Bokuto into a hug with so much strength, the two of them went tumbling. M/n kept repeating the name of the ace in excitement, Bokuto happily embracing the boy as they laid on the floor, "I missed you so much!" 

Onlookers questioned if the two needed help, but Akaashi stopped them with a wave of his hand, "Just...let them have their thing..." 

"I missed you too, my favorite Karasuno fledgling!~" 

M/n rubbed his cheek right up against Bokuto's, relishing in the feeling of the welcoming embrace. However, it was cut off when there was someone behind him that yanked him up by the back of his shirt. 

"You greet that dumbass before me?!" the familiar captain growled, not letting up on the grip he had on the collar of M/n's shirt.

"Kitten!" 

Cue another tumbling of bodies onto the floor, Bokuto soon jumping on top and creating a mini doggy pile. 

It was an exciting reunion, to say the least. And M/n was eager to give affection to each and every familiar face he saw. He rubbed his cheek against Kenma's before finally pulling away from the embrace. 

"Kuroo, teach me how to block some more!" 

"Say please at least, you disrespectful little shit!" The captain shouted, but M/n only hummed and grabbed another ball and tossing it to someone on Nekoma's team so they could set to Lev, "Oi! Stop ignoring me!" 

Kuroo eventually cooled down and gave more detailed tips to M/n, fixing his positioning with his arms even, and showing M/n how to increase the rate of success in his blocks. M/n was, for once, calm and focused on listening to every little thing Kuroo said. 

"Try again," the captain encouraged and the ball was sent to Lev one more time. 

M/n focused and made sure his timing was correct before jumping up and blocking out Lev. 
"Oi, Tsukki, get over here and start blocking too!" Kuroo called out, making the blonde swiftly come over. 

The practice they had together was short, but M/n knew they would see each other again in early October so he wasn't that saddened when they had to leave once again. He hugged each of them once again before they had to leave, smiling and waving from the window as the bus drove off. When they got back to Miyagi, M/n had to quickly find somewhere he could practice on his own. He couldn't simply get used to the spikes of his teammates, he had to be exposed to different types of players. 

Oikawa and Iwaizumi had extended an invite for him to one of their practices, but it felt like cheating to practice with the opposing team, so he declined. The only other options he had were to try and get lucky by assuming the schedule of the local neighborhood volleyball team at the public gym or just settling to practice with the rest of his team. He obviously wasn't going to go with the latter option.

He looked at the doors of the public gym before stepping in and navigating through the halls. He heard the sound of balls slamming against the court as well as squeaking shoes so he smiled as he assumed they were playing volleyball. He turned to look into the gym, sighing in relief when he was correct. However, his relief faded into shock when he saw a familiar blonde. 

"Kei-chan!" 

The boy was mid block when he heard a calling of his nickname, slowly turning around and cringing when he saw M/n standing at the doorway of the gym. What was he doing here?

 Tsukishima was sure that no one had followed him on the way here. Maybe M/n just overheard him on the phone one day. Either way, he was going to tell him to leave. 

"Oh, is this a friend of yours, Kei?"

His plan was a bust. His brother was already taking an interest in the newcomer. And walking over to greet them. And proceeding to start a conversation, leading to him inviting M/n to join them. The second year rejected, about to head out, but then Akiteru, Tsukishima's brother, said it was fine and that they were eventually going to come short of some players because some of them were going to head home soon. 

M/n watched on the sidelines for a long time before he was actually brought into play, versing against Tsukishima. 

"...Sorry," he apologized quietly, feeling the burning glare directed to him.

"Shut up," was all the blonde said, disgust washing over his face. 

M/n ended up playing until the team's time in the gym was finished, suddenly feeling intimidated by the glare that Tsukishima was sending his way. He stiffened when he saw the first year walk up to him, a scowl on his face. When he got close enough, he stood on his tippy toes and chopped M/n on the head. It wasn't strong that the spot he hit became sore, but it definitely got his message across to M/n, who winced at the sensation.

"Why are you here? Are you stalking me? Do I have to file a police report against you? Are you a creep or something? There's no way that you came here often because I've been practicing here for weeks and never saw you," Tsukishima's voice was cold and sharp, demanding answers as he stared at M/n. 

M/n fiddled with his fingers as he spoke, "I just came here, I didn't know you went here to practice either! So, no, I don't stalk you nor am I a creep..." 

"You're an idiot," Tsukishima sighed, pressing his lips to his waterbottle before looking back at M/n, "don't talk about this to anyone else, either. I don't need any of the other idiots on our team knowing where I practice, they might just end up joining us," 

"Us?" M/n questioned, gesturing to the space between the two of them.

"I'm not gonna be able to block out Ushiwaka, that's gonna be your job. That's all there is to it," Tsukishima explained, but M/n narrowed his eyes - not believing the boy. 

"Ah! I forgot to ask earlier, but are you one of Kei's teammates?" 

A handsome, older version of Tsukishima walked up to the two and M/n bowed in politeness. 

"Geez, you're even taller in person," Akiteru sighed, scratching the back of his head, "I'm Kei's older brother, Akiteru, nice to meet you," 

"Pleasure is mine, I'm M/n, feel free to call me whatever you want, Akiteru-san," M/n said with a polite tone, ignoring the eye roll from the younger Tsukishima brother. 

"Oh, so you're M/n," Akiteru hummed, bringing a finger to his chin, "Kei talks about you a whole lot, you kno-" 

"Shut up," Tsukishima cut off, putting his water bottle down and walking away, "I'm going to pack my things, be ready to leave when I'm done,"

M/n sweatdropped at the cold tone of his voice, "He is always like that? Must be tiring to be that petty all the time," His new acquaintance chuckled, resting a hand on his hip.

"As I was saying, Kei actually talks about you a lot," M/n couldn't help but let his jaw drop, gaping at Akiteru like he broke the biggest news of the year, "he always talks about some super tall middle blocker. Honestly, he compares himself to you too much. But every time he talks about you, the look on his face is unexplainable...I'd like to call it a trust in his upperclassman and teammate," Akiteru finished his short rant with a bright smile and M/n almost fell to his knees. 

To know that the stone faced and cold hearted Tsukishima actually warmed up to him had his heart sent into a rapid beat, warmness spreading across his chest.

"Ah, but don't tell him I told you, he might just ignore me until I die if he does finds out," 

"Find out what?" Tsukishima's familiar bored voice joined the conversation and both of the older figures stiffened.

"N-Nothing, Kei...Are you ready?" 

"Yes, are you?" Tsukishima answered with a suspicious glare being sent to his older brother.

"Y-Yeah, let's go," Akiteru mumbled, picking up his duffel bag and throwing it over his shoulder, "it was nice meeting you, M/n, hopefully we see each other again," 

"Nice meeting you too, Akiteru-san," 

They waved goodbye to each other, making Tsukishima roll his eyes for the millionth time. He tugged on his brother's collar to get him walking faster, wanting to be out of the bright presence of M/n.

The following weeks in Miyagi, M/n spent practicing whenever he could with Tsukishima and his brother. Sometimes, the Tsukishimas wouldn't be there so he would practice with the local team, but either way he got the work he needed in.

Tsukishima had to face the uncomfortable fact that his older brother and M/n were now well-acquainted. It was odd to walk home anbd constantly hear Akiteru and M/n talking each other's ears off, going on and on about topics that he could care less about. He sighed, watching from inside the Tsukishima household as his older brother and M/n kept on talking even though they were already home. If it was going to continue like this, he wold definitely never get used to it. 

"Kei-chan! Are you ready to go back to Tokyo?!" M/n excitedly asked, toppling onto Tsukishima's back with his entire body weight. The blonde had trouble holding up the tall boy, but managed to push him off with his arms. M/n, undeterred as always. merely grinned and threw an arm around the nearby Yamaguchi. The trio boarded the bus together and, despite the first year duo almost always sitting together, they took a three seater in the back and M/n sat in the middle. 

The trip eventually tired all of them out and they all fell asleep. M/n's head rested on top of Yamaguchi's as the first year had fallen asleep on M/n's shoulder. Tsukishima, refusing to use M/n as a pillow, let his head hang freely. However, when they arrived as the destination, M/n shot upwards so fast that both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were shaken out of their sleep. 

The thought of seeing his Tokyo friends again had him happily bouncing on the heels of his feet, patiently waiting for Ukai and Takeda to give the okay to go inside the building. They sweatdropped seeing their tallest player act as if he turned into a toddler. They nodded their heads to signal he could go - after he grabbed his bags - and they have never seen him run so fast. 

Slamming the door open, his eyes landed on a certain blonde first. He grinned as he haphazardly threw his bag aside somewhere in the room and ran to the short setter. Kenma, looking up from his phone, almost jumped where he stood when he saw a familiar 6'4 boy running towards him. Kuroo sighed and grabbed the phone out of Kenma's hand to avoid damage to the device, watching with a lax expression as M/n tackled Kenma to the ground. 

"We saw each other...like...2 weeks ago," the setter could barely speak with the suffocating grasp around his chest and waist, courtesy of M/n's strong arms. 

"2 weeks is too long," M/n murmured into Kenma's neck, inhaling the boy's sweet scent that he unknowingly missed. 

"Hey! Is that you, M/n-kun?!" Bokouto shouted and the thunderous sound of his footsteps became louder and louder. Effortlessly, he picks M/n up by his waist and swings him back and forth in his arms, "you didn't say hi to me yet!" 

"Because I just got here, Bo-chan," M/n smiled, hugging Bokuto just as tight as he hugged Kenma.

 "M/n! Get your ass changed right now!" Daichi shouted from the doorway of the gym, panting and out of breath, "and stop bothering the other teams!" 

M/n shuddered at the glare that was directed to him, ruffling Bokuto and Kenma's hair with a soft smile, "I'll be back." 

And so he left, leaving the boy that were in his presence with dreamy smiles on their lips. Except Kenma. His face more so showed fear rather than admiration. After all, he was tackled to the ground by his tall and heavy friend. 

"What did we say about running off like that?! Do we need to start keeping tabs on you all the time?! You-" 

You get the idea on what Daichi was lecturing M/n on the entire walk to the changing rooms.
The two days the Miyagi and Tokyo teams spent together were too short for M/n's liking. He rubbed his cheek against Yaku's, who was lifted up to be at the same height of M/n, and whined when he heard Daichi calling for him to get to the bus. It was already the night of their last practice match with the Tokyo teams before nationals and it was obvious to everyone that M/n didn't want to go.

"Get over here right now!" 

"Last hug!" M/n shouted back, running up to Lev and throwing his arms over his shoulders and bringing him in for a tight embrace. M/n leaned back slightly, lifting Lev in his arms a tad bit as he smiled into the Russian boy's neck, "I can't wait to destroy your ass in a real game, Lev!" 

"You bet- Wait! No, I mean! That won't happen, senpai, because Nekoma will beat you guys!" Lev confidently said, despite his weak start, and with a wide smile on his face. 

"I look forward to seeing you all agai-"

 "M/n!!!" Daichi called, again.

"Okay!" M/n shouted back, waving bye to the teams before running to his bus. He watched from the windows, smiling softly to see everyone waving goodbye to Karasuno.

Right when they got back, it was night after night of practice. He spent most nights with Tsukishima, practicing against the strong spikes of the adults and hitting the gym right after. He was beginning to add more muscle mass onto his body, ending every session a sweaty mess.

 Iwaizumi would keep him updated on the practices that Seijoh were doing, smiling softly whenever he saw his name pop up on his screen. He assumed Oikawa was going through his focused period where he did nothing but volleyball. It's happened before and would probably happen again. 

According to Ukai and the data the two managers had collected, M/n's left hand success rate was growing at a surprising rate, and his right hand cut cross shots were becoming even harder to block. He celebrated hearing the news, but Ukai brought him down a couple notches when commented on, "Your receives still suck ass! So do your sets! You know how many balls have been flubbed because of you?! Just today, thirteen! You idiot! Start focusing on other areas so you become more useful!"

 And he was back to sulking and working harder than ever before. Before they knew it, they were finally at the date of their qualifier match. M/n wore a strict expression as they walked to the gymnasium. His eyes darted to whoever seemed to be wearing a tracksuit, zoning in a possible opponent in seconds. His eyes narrowed when he saw Hinata crash into a familiar blonde. He scoffed, pushing his hands further into his jacket pockets as a way of restraining himself from running there and confronting the boy.

"Hey, cutie with the glasses! Tall handsome guy! Make sure to give me both of your numbers today!" The boy shamelessly yelled and M/n felt an immediate tick mark set itself on his forehead. He moved to stand in front of Kiyoko, protectively blocking her from the boy's vision.

"You fucking wish, undercut boy!" He shouted back, ignoring the disapproving glares from the third years and wide eyes of shock from his other teammates. 

"He sounds so hot when he yells like that! Too bad I can't see her shy face though," he heard the blonde comment and he really had to restrain himself from running up to him once again.

Thankfully, Tanaka and Nishinoya answered his internal prayers, running up to the boy with feral expressions on their faces. However, before they could attack the boy, M/n was assuming, one of their managers stepped in and effectively stopped the two. The second years were paused in mid air as the female intercepted their mission of mutilating the blonde, their facial expressions going back to normal too.

M/n sighed, running a stressed hand through his hair, "Why are men so disappointing?" he questioned, watching as the blonde left with his team, Kageyama and Hinata soon following in, most likely, a race to see who could see the court first. 

"You are a boy, M/n," Sugawara reminded

M/n sighs, "That's the worst part," he says with a shudder, walking forward so he could catch up with his two younger teammates and hopefully see some of his friends before the match starts. 
The team all went to their assigned locker room, changing and getting freetime to do whatever they liked before the match started. M/n yawned into his hand as he approached the bathroom, lazily pushing the door open. Doing his business and washing his hands, he air dried them by shaking his wrists back and forth. He leaned to open the door with his back, stepping outside with a neutral expression.

"M/n-chan!~" 

Neutral expression turned into fear faster than the eye could see.

"Ah!" 

"Don't 'ah' me!" Oikawa shouted, throwing himself onto M/n with two tight arms hugging him.
"I really think Iwa-chan should start putting you on a leash," M/n mumbled, lazily hugging the boy back. However, to his displeasure, but not surprise, Oikawa continued to hug and cuddle into his side. 

"M/n-san!" Hinata shouted in shock, not realizing that M/n had went to the bathroom earlier.

"Hi, Sho-chan," M/n casually greeted, putting a hand on his head to bring him closer, "you okay? You look frazzled," 

"I'm p-p-perfectly fine, what do you mean?!" Hinata shouted in objection, albeit the glare coming from both Iwaizumi and Oikawa made him stumble over his words.

"I heard that you beat the two meter guy, well done," Iwaizumi complimented with a neautral expression before stepping forward, "but you wanna know what else I heard about you?"

Hinata, unsure how to respond, shrugged and inched further away so his back was pressed against M/n's chest. 

"I also heard that you hurt M/n-kun. Wanna explain that to me?" Iwaizumi pushed himself closer to Hinata, invading his personal space as he glared down at him, "Actually, don't waste your breath on it. I'll just take care of you right now," he cracked his knuckles and Hinata did the first thing that came into his mind - run away.

"Yes! Good one, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa shamelessly cheered, happy to see the boy scamper off like a scared puppy. 

"Don't call me that, Shittykawa,"

"Why would you say that to him?" M/n sighed, "he already apologized and everything," 

"And we said that an apology wasn't enough, didn't we?" Iwaizumi pressed, flicking M/n's forehead, "Just one hit, it won't even hurt that much," 

"No, and stop getting ideas about it," M/n cut the proposal off immediately, turning his head to give a disapproving shake to Iwaizumi.

"Ah!" Hinata shouted once again and M/n turned his head, an alert look on his face. The alertness soon turned into a glare, however, when he saw Ushiwaka standing just around the corner. 

"Hinata Shoyou," he said, in his monotonous and deep voice, "and Oikawa, Iwaizumi, and L/n,"

"Don't fucking say my name," M/n cursed under his breath, inching forward so he was closer to Hinata. The first year took it as his oppurunity to hide, running to go behind M/n's tall frame.
"What's with this timing?" Oikawa questioned, a scowl set onto his features. 

"Hell if I know," Iwaizumi replied, the same look on his face as well.

"This is the last tournament in your high school career, right?" the Shiratorizawa player questioned, "I wish you the best of luck," 

M/n, Iwaizumi, and Oikawa's expressions darkened when they heard the comment, glaring even more daggers right towards Ushiwaka.

"You seriously piss me off,"

"We're going to go to nationals so this won't be our last one,"

"I thought I told you to stop underestimating our schools, Ushiwaka," M/n finished, matching the deadly aura that was coming from Oikawa and Iwaizumi.

"Only one school can represent our prefecture at nationals, you know?" Ushijima innocently corrected and M/n felt his eyebrow twitch in annoyance.

'Now I know why Oikawa and Iwa-chan find him so intolerable! He's not even being sarcastic right now,' He thought, glaring daggers right at Ushijima, who was either unfazed or didn't realize the looks he was getting.

"What's going on?" A bystander asked, looking at the scene of the four giants and one midget. 

"It's Shiratorizawa and Seijoh!" 

"Who're the other two?"

"Eh?! That guy is taller than all of them, even Ushiwaka!" 

"They're from the Karasuno team, the ones that beat the two meter guy's team! Karasuno's number 10! And...actually, I don't know the other guys number because he didn't even play that match!" 

"It's 13! It ain't hard to remember, assholes!" M/n shouted, infuriated with the comments that were going on the side of their confrontation.

"A-Actually, Karasuno will be winning this..."

Hinata was cut off by the sharp glares of the three other giants, so M/n butted in to get the heat off of his underclassman.

"Don't you two powerhouses get cocky, alright? Karasuno is here for one reason only - to make it to nationals," he spoke clearly, glaring at Ushiwaka.

As the glares got even more intense, Hinata tried to escape by backing away, but even then he bumped into another one of his past opponents. 

"Eh?!" he exclaimed in shock, eye bulging when he saw the main middle blocker from Date Tech standing behind him.

"It doesn't matter who we face. We'll gladly take them on," 

"Tch, wanna face my fist then?" M/n questioned, rolling up his sleeves making Oikawa and Hinata shiver. A serious and purposely intimidating M/n haunted their dreams for several reasons.

M/n sighed when he saw the powerhouse ace walking away, tilting his head when he witnessed an odd interaction between Aone and Hinata. 

"Oi, M/n," Iwaizumi called out, getting the second year boy's attention, "you better make it through so we can beat your ass again,"

"You wish, Iwa-chan," M/n smirked, leaning down to taunt his older friend.

Iwaizumi clicked his tongue in annoyance at the obvious mockery, "Did you eat well?"

"Yeah," 

"Rested well?" 

"Yes," 

"Properly been doing your warm ups?" 

"Uh-huh,"

"Good, you better be on the court the entire time. In perfectly good health," Iwaizumi said before walking off, his hands stuffed into his pockets. 

Oikawa watched in amusement as his friend walked away, shrugging his shoulders, "He's such a tsundere," he commented and M/n hummed in agreement. Oikawa observed M/n for some seconds before speaking again, "You know I'm going to beat your ass just like last time and make it to nationals, right?"

M/n chuckled, "Hm, last time you didn't even make it to nationals though," 

"Low blow," Oikawa pouted making M/n chuckle and bring him into a one armed hug. They stayed in an embrace for a couple seconds before the younger one pulled away. He rested his one arm around Oikawa's shoulder, playing with the tuffs of chocolate hair at the base of his neck. 

"I'll see you on the court, Shittykawa," was the last thing he said before walking away to where Hinata was waiting for him.

+ B O N U S

"Ah, Aone-san!" M/n greeted, seeing the albino male waiting around the corner, "you been practicing a lot?" 

He nodded.

"I'm glad," 

He nodded once again and M/n assumed he was thanking him.

"Make sure to give it your all today, I look forward to watching your match, and maybe versing you again," 

Another nod, M/n grinning at the response, "See ya later!" 

Aone raised one hand to hesitantly wave goodbye to the now retreating figure of M/n and Hinata. 

YO IDK ABT U BUT JUMPING FROM MIYAGI TO TOKYO TO MIYAGI AND BACK TO TOKYO WA AS SO MF CONFUSING TO ME AHSHSBSKM

i rlly wanna make you guys cry when m/n defeats oikawa and iwaizumi 
like i want yall to ball
but first - johzenji and wakatani
anyway, this was basically iwa, oikawa and mc showing their 🥴 dislike 🥴 ushiwaka and im cackling 
sigh the petition for mc to belong to the streets bc of all the hoes and simps he has 
tbh this was so fucking messy but 👁👄👁👉👈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4K 27
[COMPLETED] (L/N) (F/N) was a student at Karasuno High where she had always wanted to go to since they went to nationals, but her dad got a job in To...
11.7K 227 7
You read from the perspective of Kimiko, a second year at Karasuno High. She gets a new phone for her birthday and texts who she thought was her best...
33.8K 1.1K 15
Kozume Kenma wasn't very talkative. He didn't like hanging out with people, or even interacting with them. But because of this he was teased a bit. H...
289K 6.1K 42
On one hand, it would be nice to be a part of something, especially with your best friends. You would gain new friends and make high school memories...