mattia and i.

By isabellaapolibio

isabella and her three best girl friends have always been close with the nj boys but now that they are older... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
small update <3
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 20

97 2 0
By isabellaapolibio

*Skip to leaving Italy*

*Izzy's POV*

Sofia and Luca woke us up at 9am so we could get ready and packed up fro the airport. Today we were leaving Italy and I was more sad than happy to leave and see the group again. We had been gone for two and a half weeks and I did miss them but I was sad to be leaving Mattia's family and this beautiful country behind. After the wedding the newly weds had left a day later for their honeymoon and were now in Spain. Yesterday we had gone to the Juventus game and Mattia's voice was now almost gone due to the amount of shouting he had done at the game. I had laughed way too hard at his reactions and in the end Juventus had won so I was glad to be going home with a happy Mattia.

Mattia and I packed up the last few things that were in our room and left to go to the kitchen to say our goodbye's to everyone.

"Take care of yourself mi amor." Mattia's Nonna said to me as I pulled away from our long embrace.

"You too Nonna, thank you for everything." I replied, my eyes brimming with tears again.

She kissed my head and we all got into the car after Mattia hugged his Nonna and she whispered something to him making him smile. The car ride was short but it was filled with laughter and conversation. We got to the airport and unloaded the car with our luggage and went to go and check in before walking to our assigned gate. We got onto the plane and I didn't realise how tired I actually was before I sat down in the comfortable business class seats. I fell asleep as soon as the plane took off and slept the entire 12 hours.

I felt someone shake me gently and woke up to Mattia saying that we were about to land so I had to sit up. We landed and got off, collecting our luggage and making our way to the entrance where my mom and Mar would be waiting. I was walking with Sofia and Mattia was walking behind us with his father and brother. 

"How was the flight for you Tia ?" I asked Sofia.

"It was good, I just don't feel that good." She replied, making me look at her. Her face was pale and she seemed extremely weak.

"Just hold onto my hand and balance on me, try to sleep in the car ride, okay ?" I said.

She nodded and grasped onto my hand, trying not to look too suspicious to the Mattia walking behind us.

"We're almost there Tia, just ha..." I began as we walked through the arrivals exit and saw my mom and brother, "Tia !" I said loudly.

Sofia had fainted, almost dropping to the floor as Luca caught her quickly. 

"Mama ? Mama ?" Mattia said as he ran towards the scene.

"Sofia !" I heard my mother shout as both her and Mar came running to help.

"I need to take her to the hospital, Maria call the hospital in advance please, tell them what happened and say we are on our way." Luca said as he picked up Sofia.

"Okay, I'l drive you guys and Mar order an uber and get the rest home, please." My mom said, turning to Mar.

"Yes Ma, guys come on let's go." He said as he turned to us.

I nodded and took Gianluca's hand while Mattia followed us, in a confused daze.

"Baby, come on, she's gonna be fine okay." I said, not really believing myself.

Mattia glanced at me and nodded as we all got into the uber. We drove in silence while Mattia stared out of the window, Gianluca stared straight ahead and the guilt eating me up inside.

We finally got to my house and I told Mar to take my luggage in and put it in myroom and that I would be over at Mattia's house. He nodded and I had to carry Gianluca seeing that he had fallen asleep halfway through the drive and ran in the rain towards the house. I went straight upstairs to lay Gianluca on his bed and came back downstairs to see Mattia with his head in his hands sitting on the couch. The guilt that I knew exactly why Sofia had fainted and what she was diagnosed with kept bruning inside me but I knew I couldn't tell him. 

"Tia..." I said softly as I joined him on the couch.

"She's gonna be okay, right ?" Mattia croaked as he looked up at me with tears running down his face.

I forced a smile and nodded.

"Of course she is, she your mom. The strongest woman I know. She'll be fine." I replied softly as Mattia buried his face into my neck.

Not long after I heard soft snores coming from him and I felt the tears come rushing down my face as I started to cry uncontrollably.

I didn't realise that I had cried myself to sleep but I heard the front door open and I jolted awake along with Mattia who jumped up at the sight of his father.

"Papa ? Where's Mama ? Is she okay ?" Mattia asked, bombing his father with questions.

"She's...stable. She wants to see you. We need to talk." Luca replied, not meeting his son's eyes.

"What do you mean she's stable ? What's going on ?" Mattia said loudly, I could sense he was getting angrier at the lack of answers he was getting.

"Baby, just relax and go to the hospital." I said standing up and turning to face him, putting my hand on his face feeling it soften under my touch. "I'll stay here and watch Gianluca, Zio." I said, now facing Luca who looked at me with thankful eyes.

Mattia and Luca left and I swtiched on the Tv, Gianluca was still sleeping so I wanted to kil some time before he woke and started asking questions and Mattia coming home after finding out the truth that I already knew and was keeping from him.

After I had watched a few movies I went on my phone and started scrolling through all the pictures that had been taken while we were in Italy. I got a message from Elena who was enjoying her honeymoon with her new husband and she said she missed seeing me around the house. She sent me the pictures that her photographer had taken of Mattia and I and I could feel the broad smile creep onto my face as I swiped through the few photos captured. One photo had stood out the most though. It was of Mattia and I while we were dancing, our smiles brightening up the moment and our eyes locked onto one another's. I loved every photo that Elena sent me.

isabella.garcia posted ! :

isabella.garcia : i could never have imagined that i fell in love with my bestfriend but i am so glad that i did. i got you always. you are my forever ❤️. @mattia.polibio

comments :

ava.mendez : y'all are so cute !

alejandrosario : i love you both, i'm so glad you guys re finally home again. 

roshaun.diah : my children ❤️

robert.georges : @hailey.baron : we're still the better couple.

ashley.lopez : these are beautiful babes !

olivia.morales : my favs

                                                                                load more comments.

I smiled at the comments before I heard a car pull up outside and a single door slam. I gulped because I knew that could only be Mattia. Footsteps could be heard getting louder up the few steps leading to the door before it was opened and closed revealing a red-eyed Mattia. 

"So you knew." He said after we stared at each other in silence.

"I- yes I knew but your mom made me swear that I couldn't tell you, she wanted to tell you herself, Tia." I replied, hanging my head low.

"Then what the FUCK was the point in making the rule that we would ALWAYS tell each other everything no matter what it was at the beginning of us ?" He shouted, growing angrier.

"Tia I wanted to tell you, elieve me I did but I couldn't tell you that. You would be so angry at your mom for not telling you herself !" I replied.

"No no no. I don't care." He started.

"NO MATTIA, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH IT TOOK IN ME TO NOT TELL YOU !" I shouted at him. I was becoming angrier by the second because I was frustrated at his selfishness. "The day of the wedding was when I found out, Elena asked me what dress I was going to wear and I said that I didn't know since it was two dresses so she said they would all help me decide so when I was done with my makeup I went to go and fetch the to dresses and as I was coming back to them I heard them talking about us and then the conversation went sideways when they asked your mom about a checkup she had gone to so I listened some more to get some answers and turns out she has cancer. I cam back into the room because I had heard enough and went to go and hug you mother and she made me promise that I wouldn't tell you so I knew I couldn't even though I wanted to !" I explained, my chest rising and my cheeks heating up.

"You knew since the wedding ?! Is that why you spoke about the rules ?!" Mattia shouted back.

"Are you fucking kidding me ? That's what you are focusing on ?" I screamed, frustrated.

"Of course I'm focusing on that ! You knew since the wedding and you never told me my mother is dying !" He replied, his voice ringing throughout the house.

"Mom's dying ?" 

I turned to see  a teary eyed Gianluca. I guess the shouting had woken him up and now he knew what was happening.

"Fuck" I heard Mattia breathe out.

"Baby come here." I said, patting the couch and holding my hand out to the terrified Gianluca. "Your mom is the strongest woman I know, she is just very sick right now but things will get better, okay." I added.

Gianluca nodded and murmured that he was going back upstairs after giving me a hug.

"I'm sorry Izzy." Mattia said softly as he came to sit on the couch opposite me.

I looked up at him and searched his eyes.

"I think we should just take a break for now." Mattia added.

"Wha-what ?" I said, staring at him with wide eyes.

"I need some space right now, I love you, I really do but my mom needs me and I need to stay focused on her right now, just until she gets better." He said, not looking at me.

"No Mattia." I finally said as tears brimmed my eyes and he looked up at me, finally meeting my eyes, "There's no breaks in relationships, there's no pause button in relationships. You either stay together or you break up, there is no between." 

I searched Mattia's eyes but they just seemed empty. Tears began to fall down my face and Mattia's eyes began to fill up with tears as he got up, frustrated and turned his back on me, walking around the kitchen island and where I was sitting.

"What do you want Mattia ?" I said, breaking the silence.

"I-I don't want to lose you Izzy." He replied as his fingers ran through his hair.

"That's not an answer, for fuck sake Mattia !" I shouted, getting up and walking towards him, "Do you still want me or not !" 

He just stared at me as the tears fell down his face and looked down.

*Play song*

"You've lost me Mattia Polibio." I said softly, turning around and walking out, slamming the door behind me.

"Izzy !"

"Baby !"

"IZZY !"

"ISABELLA WAIT !"

I walked on, ignoring his pleads, the rain drenching me as I walked over to my house. I got to my front door and was about to go in but I stopped and looked over at the opposite house, at the tall boy standing at his front door, looking straight at me with tears rolling down his face, shouting my name and different love words that I chose not to listen to. I stared at him fro another second before shaking my head and walking inside.

Mar was sitting on the couch watching something when he saw the state I was in. Tears rushing don my face, my hair and clothes drenched in water. He rushed to my side as I collapsed to the ground, screaming in frustration and pain at the event that had just taken place. Mar wrapped his arms around me, not caring if I was soaking and picked me up, carrying me to my room. 

I cried for another 30 minutes with Mar comforting me before I got up to go and shower after thanking Mar and hugging him the last time before he left. I got into the shower and just let the warm water run onto my skin as I stared into oblivion, thinking about everything that happened in this shower. Once I was done in the bathroom I put on comfortable clothes and got into bed, falling asleep to the scent of Mattia's cologne that was still imprinted in the pillow even though he hadn't slept here for two weeks.

                                                                                   *    *    *    *

*Authors note*

hey babies,

I really hope you enjoy this chapter. this is basically what the story has been building up to ever since mattia and isabella started dating cause i felt like they rushed into things so quickly. shit is gonna go sideways even more but y'all just gonna have to wait for that, please don't forget to vote and comment on what you think is gonna happen next xoxo

love you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 1.8K 33
( * warning this story has some sensitive things in this like suicid thoughts and it also has cursing/cussing*) when she moves to New Jersey for her...
16.9K 366 50
Kennedy and Mattia try their best to make Spy's and Mafia's allowed to be,see and join with each other again,so that they can live their love life wi...
58.3K 480 37
Where y/n was walking around the street crying when she got kidnapped by some guys and taken somewhere. She didn't care where she went she just wante...
40.3K 1.3K 89
Being best friends someone is bound to catch feelings right? Read to find out