Chapter 9

*Continuing*

*Mattia's POV*

"OOOOO" 

"C'mon, kiss kiss kiss !"

"Guys, kiss already !"

"Today still !"

"Bruh, we y'all taking so long ?!"

Everyone was shouting at Izzy and I because we weren't kissing and also because they were all pretty tipsy, including Izzy and I. We were playing spin the bottle and it was Izzy's turn to spin and the bottle had landed on me. 

"Okay, okay guys relax !" Izzy finally said, her voice raised a little bit to catch everyone's attention.

She turned to face me and smiled weakly. I smiled back, trying to contain my excitement and put my hand on the side of her face which gained some wolf whistles by the boys before Izzy shot them down with a glare. I looked deep into her eyes before focusing on her lips and started to lean in. She leaned in almost immediately, our lips almost touching. I looked into her eyes one more time, smiled and closed the gap between our lips. 

"Okay, get a room !" Ava shouted making us break away from our 30 second kiss.

We blushed and looked away from each other. The game continued and eventually everyone was drunk and tired so we all made our way inside and cleaned up before heading to wherever we were sleeping. Izzy and I went to sleep downstairs in my room while the others headed upstairs to where the rest of the rooms were. As soon as we got into my room, Izzy headed straight to my bed and got under the covers while I went to close my door. I walked to my bed and crawled in next to Izzy who was now wide awake as I climbed into the bed with her.

"You okay ?" I asked. She was staring at me with a look that I could never read. I've only ever seen this look once and it was the day that her dad had died.

"Yeah." She replied, her voice faint. "Can I ask you something ?"

"Of course."

"Did, um, you know, the kiss, did it mean anything to you ?

"Seriously Izz ?"

"Yeah."

"Did you forget what I told you a couple of weeks ago ?"

"No but... I don't know, you dated Jenna almost immediately after you told me and it hurt me because when you told me you loved me I was in shock yes but I realized that I loved you too. I always have but I always kept it a secret because I didn't know if you felt the same way and I didn't want a relationship to ruin our friendship because it means so much to me and I csn't lose you too." She blurted out while tears were streaming down her face.

"You..." I started. I was in disbelief. She loved me too ? 

I grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug until her sobs became faint meaning I could let her go and finally say what I wanted to.

"That kiss meant... everything to me. Because it was with you. You have no idea how long I've been wanting to kiss you. Every day it becomes harder for me to resist and especially when you started dating Quinton. It hurt me so much and I got jealous every time his name even came up. I've been in love with you since we were six, Izz. It's always been you. Yes I dated Jenna but the real reason why I dated her was to create a distraction from my feelings for you but it didn't help at all so I broke up with her for that exact reason. My feelings for you are way too strong to just put it aside. It's even harder to pretend that I don't love you more than a friend. Your reason for never telling me you loved me is the exact same reason as mine. I never want to lose you, you are my best friend, my other half. I can't lose you either. I love you Izz ."I replied.