RIDE OR DIE, Takers(AJ fanfic)

By wanderwall16

✨ C O M P L E T E D ✨ //This story is a personal remaking and alteration of the movie TAKERS// ... More

CAST!!✨
Who Am I?
'The Twilight Exit'
Gold Green Eyes And A Whirlwind Of Lies.
Follow Me To Stranger Lands
I'll Ride With You, Till I'm Part Of The Crew.
Murdering Gloom
Uterior Motives And Planting Explosives
Fight Or Flight Baby
Of Lilacs And Black.
An Evanescent Phenomenon
Craving Chaos
Ferris Wheel Of Speculation
Little Ray Of Pitch Black
Hellish Poisons
Russian Roulette And Twisted Bets
Your Ineffable Ways
The Crescent Moon
Blurry Nights
Up In The Sky
Somewhere Only We Know
Tainted Glories
Maze Of Madness
Ride Or Die
Bang! Bang! The Gun Sang
Hospital Blues
Crooked Smiles
Castle By The Sea
Emerald Envelopes
You And Me
Stranger Things
Spectacularly Broken
Startling Silences
Darker Than Obsidian
Man with the emerald ring
The Last Tide
Trials of Green: 1
Trials of Green: 2
Fiery and Sweet

Deliriously Devious

458 13 10
By wanderwall16

John's pov:

Salazar's Coffee was easily something that would wake one up from their sleepiness. That or Jesse crying about Cleo not giving him enough attention ought to wake you up any day.

I mad a face at Jesse who pouted back and then continued trying to woo Cleo.
Willow and Lily were in the hall going through stuff in old picture albums.

G and Jake were sitting at the breakfast table with tall glasses of Orange Juice and— Pancakes!

"Pancakes today! Gosh will Delilah love them—" I began but paused just as I saw the looks on the other two boys faces.

"What?" I protested.

"Nothing John, I just—" Jesse tried to say but G cut him off.

"Are you ready for today John? It's a big day for you," he said.

"Big day? How? And where are AJ and Delilah?" I inquired looking around.

"They're still asleep they had a long night," Jake answered wryly.

"Long night?" I repeated. "What am I missing here?"

G sighed and replied, "They went down to the museum apparently, to meet Ian because of this."
He then handed me a picture of Ian, one of AJ's old college friends with a group of  people in ragged clothes holding the Emeralds.

"He is some sort of a negotiator, it's all a conspiracy or organisation. To earn money at the hands of the emeralds and their demand. There's a party of investors and people interested in the emeralds tonight. AJ and Delilah are going, someone there knows all about why AJ's family is involved in this mess." G continued.

"Is it Uriah? That sleaze bag who tormented AJ?" I implored.

G just pursed his lips and nodded.

"I'm going too," I announced.

"No you are not!" G snapped at me finally. "Don't mess things up John! And anyway there are only two passes that Ian was able to get so—"

"He can come," said the voice of AJ.

I turned back to see him coming down the stairs with Delilah right behind him. He clearly had just gotten out of bed, his hair was a mess and his eyes were weirdly swollen. He wore a light white t-shirt and pajama shorts. He came forward and walked to us. Delilah turned to go to the girls. She was dressed up in black shorts and a lilac top. I always loved her in that colour.

"He can?" Jake confirmed.

"Yeah when I met G last night, I had asked him for only 2 passes. But I talked to him right now. He says he has four. So two more of you can come," he said and sat down opposite me on the table.

Sal came and poured him some orange juice, he however protested and told him he wasn't hungry. Sal argued back, knowing them sal must have done this before with him.

At the end however AJ won.
G was frowning and Jake had an expression on that made me want to punch him.

"Jesse will go too then," Jake beamed.

"EXCUSE ME?" Jesse bellowed from near Cleo. He got up and came to us immediately.

"Do I have a say in this?" He said sarcastically.
When Jake was about to answer however Jesse cut him off saying, "That was a rhetorical question!"

"I don't want to go with the three of them! Not when they're all—" but Jake had gotten up and dragged Jesse out of there.

"He'll go," G said assuring us.

AJ still looked sullen, he looked mad and solemn at the same time. Even though I knew I wanted what was his and we were kind of on a rough patch, I still felt sad for him. He was like my little brother, my best friend. I hated seeing him like this.

"AJ we should—" I began but Jake's loud entrance back into the room stopped me from completing my sentance.

AJ looked at me however, his eyes straight into mine. It had been a while that we'd looked eye to eye. I hated this.
And the expression he had when he looked at me, it felt like walking on burning coal. He seemed so broken. What had I done?

Jake walked till my chair and held it from the back. He was panting.
"Hey John, can we talk?" He asked.
               °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

John's pov:

We'd walked till the rooftop, Lily and Jake both behind me. I knew what this was going to be about. And I so didn't want to have this conversation. But I knew if they didn't ask me, I'd have to ask myself which would honestly just be worse.

I sat down on the intricate chair right beneath the vines growing huge red flowers. Lily and Jake sat infront of me.

We all knew why we were here.

"Say it," I commanded.

"Why are you doing this!" Jake belted earning a swat on the arm from Lily.

"What he means is, do you—do you really love her John?" Lily stammered slowly.

I sucked in my breath.
"How could you ask me that!"

"How can you say that! Everyone's a wreck John! Delilah barely speaks, AJ sulks all day! Jesse is over excited with all the freaking nervous energy!" Jake complained.

"That last one is not your fault," Lily said shaking her head.

"Do you not see what I'm going through! Is AJ all you see? Don't you see the torment I go through! He gets to be with her! To kiss her! To call her, his! And you blame me!" I thundered.

They both looked ashen.
"Just answer the question John, you know we care for you. But AJ has this whole mess going on right now," Jake whispered breaking the silence.

"Besides, we know AJ's intentions towards her," Lily added.

"Of course I love her!" I yelled at them.
"Of course I fucking love her!"
                    °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
AJ's pov:

After John and the others went up I heaved a sigh of relief.
Jesse and Willow had joined us on the breakfast table and they all were looking at me.

"Delilah has gone for a walk, so spill" Willow demanded of me.

"Spill what?" I asked trying to act oblivious.

"Spill the feels beans," Jesse smirked sitting infront of me.

G looked intent in knowing all about the feels beans as well.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said keeping up the act.

Willow however wasn't having it.
"Cut the crap AJ, why are you sulking? You're the one who has the girl right? You do love her don't you?"

"Stop asking me that," I almost whispered.

"I'm okay guys, don't worry. Jesse we leave at 6pm okay? Be ready." I said and got up to go upstairs. Leaving Willow and Jesse in awe and G...well G was like that old wise man who knew everyone's secrets. Like Dumbledore.

So he had that look on his face. The one that told me he knew exactly what was going on.

I was about to go to John's room. I needed to speak with him. I needed to tell him how I feel and so desperately needed to know what exactly he felt for my girlfriend

But I thought too soon, just as I was about to enter his room I heard John yelling from outside on the roof. Oh right! He was talking to Lily and Jake?

What he said, however surely ruined all my hopes of anything and everything.

"Of course I lover her! Of course I fucking love her!"

I just scrambled out of there in hopes of not eavesdropping anymore. I went to my room. Closed the door and sat on the ground.

He loves her, I realised
I love her.

Whom does she love?
                   °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

AJ's pov:
After trying my best to keep calm in the house I couldn't anymore, so I decided to go for a walk. It was afternoon, and the skies were warm and blue.

When I reached down I bumped into Delilah.
She looked shocked to see me. Dare I say unhappy. I just nodded at her and rushed outside.

My Delilah, the girl who promised to walk roads of rainstorms with me couldn't even bare to have me around her.

I was standing on the ledge of rock by the far end of the field. The wind was blowing around me and the sun was bright on my face.

I knew G was next to me, I could sense him as always, even though he'd creep up next to you as silent as a cat.

He put one hand on my shoulder and turned me to look at him.
"I never thanked you Aidan. For saving my life. The second time now," he said smiling softly.

The first time was a metaphor though. I didn't actually save his life. I just saved him in the sense of giving him a reason to live. He used to tell me back then with a drunk sister and a blood sucking family. He just wanted to vanish. But with me, he always felt responsible even though he was only 20 when I was 9. He took me in.

"You never need to thank me G, I couldn't let you die. It was practically instinct," I murmured into his shoulder as we broke into a hug.

"Tell me AJ, what is bothering you?"

I shook my head and turned away.
If he asked once more I'm afraid I'd vomit it all out.

"Aidan Jones, you will tell me what is going on in that head of yours. Because if you don't it'll eat you up from the inside," he spoke from behind me.

"Why do you act like this? Like you're so wise and old? You're in your 30's G! you're still young," I barked back as a way to redirect the conversation.

"It's because I had to grow up faster than everyone else Aidan. I had a drunkard sister who desperately needed my help. And parents who couldn't take care of themselves little less their children. I had to be responsible and the habit never went away. You know that boy," he said without raising his voice.

"What do I say G? That you don't already know? John is in love with Delilah, I never knew he loved her. I thought—well I don't know what I thought. And it seems she loves him too. And as much as I want John and her to be happy. I can't find myself in state of anything but utter torment and Jealousy," I replied never turning to face him.

"Why do you say she loves him AJ?"

I paused, remembering last night and our recent encounter. Nothing hurts more that seeing the person you love look at you with guilt and distance.

"I tried to kiss her last night, she didn't move away or shove me back. But she remained still and shocked. Her eyes were terrified. As if kissing me was criminal," I answered.

"Aidan—"

"Don't call me that G, that name has never got me anything whoever uses it on me eventually leaves. And I don't think I could bear you leaving as well," I whispered.

"I think you're coming at decisions and conclusions too quickly my boy. You're all so young, she's merely 20, you're 22 hardly even an adult. And John he's all of 27. If anything you are confused. I suggest talking to her AJ. Ask her straight forward what she wants. And if she says John. Don't beat yourself up. I know it's easy to say that. But trust me boy, you've got to learn to love and forgive yourself, always." He tried to make me understand. And then I knew he was walking away.

I let out a breath into the fresh air and wished that this was all just a silly nightmare.
                     °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Delilah's pov:

"Are y'all ready for a hellishly awkward night then?" Jesse remarked proudly as we all assembled together before heading out to the masquerade party.

"Shut up brah, or I'll tape you up," I heard Jake whisper to him.

I was wearing a very revealing black  satin dress. Lily had insisted I look seductive in order to leak out information from rich, old men.

I had wanted to puke my guts out at the thought of it. But I complied nonetheless.

The looks on the boys faces as I came down had been worth it all though.

G was grinning, Jake was busy admiring Lily's handiwork. Jesse was swooning and Sal seemed to be blushing.

John looked agape. And AJ— he was leaning by a wall, wearing a handsome black and white suit. With his luscious curls neatly packed under his trusty fedora. I was so busy noticing him, I didn't have the time to notice him notice me.

"Ready to go Delilah?" John asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nodded at him.
He was wearing a creme suit and with his blonde hair out, he looked grand and beautiful.

I caught a glimpse of AJ whispering something to Jesse before they both walked out till the Jeep with G and Jake.

Willow and Lily were helping Sal cook dinner today. They were having a groovy vacation.

"Shall we?" John asked holding out his arm. I smiled and took it, then we walked out till the car.

I was going to sit next to AJ in the front. But Jesse was already there. AJ hadn't looked at me the entire day. And every time I tried to talk to him, he'd walk away. It was driving me crazy.

John and I sat at the back.

"Are y'all ready for a crazy ass night?" Jesse boomed suddenly excited.

"Sure as long as we get something out of it," John answered.

"Oh I'm pretty sure Uriah will be glad to see us," AJ replied.

"Uriah?" I said confused. "Who's that?"

"He's an old acquaintance, he was friends with AJ's parents. Though he's not exactly a nice man," John said answering my question.

"Listen up gang, all we have to do is divide and conquer. I'll go to Uriah, and the rest of you need to spread out and gain all the information you can. About the Emeralds, the past buyers, the alleged curse, anything," AJ commanded.

"Got it AJ! I do have a question though," Jesse added.

AJ nodded in response.

"Can I drink?" He asked.

"No!" All three of us said together.

"Alright, alright there's no need to scream, Gosh!" Jesse whined.

When we reached, I stared at the museum in awe, it was lit up like a birthday cake. It looked nothing like it had before. I saw AJ wince as bitter memories must have come back seeing the museum. But I was far passed that.

I tried once again to speak to him. But he just moved away to Jesse. I gave up and walked with the others down the blue carpet laid to the entrance to the museum. Ian was at the gates, it seemed like we were late. Which is what AJ had wanted. There was no line behind us and everyone was already inside.

AJ went to Ian and grabbed the masks, for the party. The ambiguity that the masks brought to the guests was both a blessing and a curse.

He handed a cream mask to John, a red one to Jesse to match his bright red suit. And then he had two black masks left. One bejeweled and the other smooth.

He wore the smooth one and then stepped forward towards me. John and Jesse were already on their way in. He had no other way but to interact with me.

He stepped close and gave me the mask.
I took it and tried to wear it. But my hair got stuck in one of the jewel's, I got irritated and tried to forcefully untangle myself. But AJ suddenly put his hand on mine. He let my hand ease and carefully freed my hair. Then he went on to set the mask on my face, dare I try to kill more strands of my hair.

Once he was done, he looked at my face  proudly.
"You look gorgeous," he almost whispered. It made my face warm and cheeks red.

I couldn't even answer him back. He simply gestured me to follow him and in we went.

The party was full of light and smells. There were treats, snacks and trays of colourful drinks in pretty glasses being served everywhere. There were beautiful tulip lights hung all over the place and the entire museum floor was filled with masked strangers.

Beautiful, dark, mystical were the exact words that came to my mind as I glared at the place.

I felt a brush of someone beside me and realised John was standing there. With AJ on the other side.

I soon realised why, a strange man with an even stranger mask was standing infront of me with a glass full of yellow liquid.

"Would the pretty lady like a drink?" He asked, his voice was eerie and low.

"Thankyou but I would not," I answered.

"Oh but why, I swear I can make you happy my dear," he went on.

I could feel both the boys tense on either side of me. More than the weird guy, I wanted to get away from them. Only one way to do that, I thought.

"Why? Are you leaving?" I replied with a smirk.

He chuckled, "Oh darling, why are you so mean? I'll go to the end of the world for you," he said with a belching smile.

"But would you stay there? That's the question," I said clearly stating my mind.

He looked at John and AJ in defeat.
They both rounded their eyes and made neck cutting motions to the man. He looked at me nodded his head and went away.

Then we split up. John went to a group of expensive looking ladies. Jesse was already stationed at the bar. And AJ disappeared behind a wall of glasses.

I noticed that the two men in the centre of the room, were a couple and that they were the ones who were hosting the party. They were both tall and had glittery masks. There was a small crowd around them.

"Miss? Would you like a brownie?" Asked a voice from beside me.

I turned to look at a short man, he wore the clothes of a butler and had a twinkle in his eye.

He also had a plate full of brownies, and they looked good.

My tummy grumbled in response to my thoughts.
What harm could a brownie do? I thought and took one graciously.

It tasted as divine as it looked.
"Quite a power couple aren't they?" Spoke the same waiter.

I nodded confused by his comment, I really didn't even know who they were.

"Who are they?" I spat out in curiosity.

He looked at me as if the very sentiment was atrocious.

"I'm just a date of someone who's come here, I don't really know many people," I chuckled.

He seemed to ease at that.
"They're the most famous hosts of the emeralds, they're known for they're.... connections."

When I raised a brow, he spoke again, "You know about the emeralds don't you?"

I laughed it off, "Why of course, they're green stones right?"

Whatever fear of letting lose extra information was visible on the man's face disappeared in an instant.

Instead he smiled, a little too sweetly.
"Why yes, yes they are!" He announced and turned away.

I started to move closer to the main attraction of the hall room. The fancy couple in glitter were laughing and dallying around with the guests.

Suddenly I felt a little woozy, as if someone had just shook me up.

Darn brownies, there was something in them, I thought.

I sat down on a love seat, beside me was another couple arguing about something.
The women was very fair and had big eyes and flowing dark brown hair.
The man was darker, with short black hair. They were both wearing red masks.

"No! We cannot! You know we cannot Dan! It's a whole hoax and you know it. Let's just take our money and leave!" The woman was saying.

"Lydia, darling, you know we cannot do that. It's a deal, we give and we get. All you need to do is agree to the terms," Dan whispered.

I laid my head back because it had started to throb, I pretty much looked as hammered as I felt.

"Daniel, I am not killing innocent people! You tricked me the last time. I will not do it anymore." Lydia sternly stated.

"It's not murder if they hang themselves. And you know the rules! You cannot—" Dan suddenly seemed to realise my presence.

"Oh for God sakes she's knocked out!" Lydia exclaimed.

"You cannot back out Lydia, we're a part of this. And we'll get the money! You know we will," Daniel said and with that finished their conversation. Because I could feel the emptiness beside me, the air touch my face. I peeked a bit and noticed that they had left.

My head was swirling in all kinds of ways, and all I needed to do was find one of the boys. But they were no where to be seen.

In my delirium, I must have knocked over many things on my way. One of which was the champagne glass of the glittery couple I had seen earlier.

"Oh for fucks sake you imbecile! Look what you've done!" Said one of them, from what I could make out it was the taller one with the blond hair.

"Pat! Babe it's okay calm down. It'll be fine," Reasoned the other man. He had light brown hair and blue eyes.

"Archie! How could you say that! Look at me! You! Apologise right now!" Pat screeched.

Archie seemed too tired to retort.

Oh shit, I have to speak now? I thought. The thought of forming words sort of worried me.

What the hell was in that brownie?

I must have looked really cocky, because Pat became even more enraged at my remaining silent.

"I'll have you thrown out! Who are you anyways?" He spat.

"Oh Patrick let it go," Archie said.

"I—" Pat seemed most insulted by the idea of merely letting it go!

"I-I ap-pop-ogile," I managed to say.

They both stopped, dead quiet.

"What?" Pat screeched again.

"Are you drunk, dear?" Archie asked concerned.

"Yeet," I said not knowing why.

It was as if the words I wanted to say were coming out all distorted.

"Say you're sorry!" Cried Patrick losing his patience.

"You're being childish Patrick, she's hammered," Archie noted.

"I'm Sorui," I said.

"Good enough, have a nice evening." Archie said and hauled Patrick out of there.

I smiled too myself and was sure I must look demented.

Then the world seemed to be as liquid as the sea. So I leaned against a nearby wall, to hold myself up.

"We've found a buyer! They're perfect, knows everything about the emeralds and nothing about the curse..easy catch," I heard a voice say.

By now I wasn't sure whether it was my mind making up conversations or not.

"Who is it?" Asked another voice.

"It's Jones, he's back in the business. People thought he'd died. Turns out the bastard was just in hiding," Said the first voice.

"He'll die, especially with the history of the family. He'll be back to his hiding."

That made me want to hurl and so I couldn't take it any longer. I rushed to what I hoped was the washroom. And knelt over to let it all out.

Jones? Could it be? It couldn't— could it?

I got up, still wobbly and out of it. My head was throbbing and I felt like shit. Never doing drugs again, I thought.

But before I could exit the washroom, a man pushed me to the wall and forced himself on me. He had black eyes and hardly any hair. He seemed enraged, as if I had done something terrifying. His mask, if he ever wore one was gone.

"You had to eavesdrop, didn't you doll?" He asked, his voice was the same as man who had mentioned the name Jones.

I tried to kick, tried to raise my voice. But he clasped my mouth shut. My body was not working, the drugs wearing me down.

In that moment, I only thought of one person. And I put in my everything to scream out his name while struggling to free myself from the man with eyes darker than obsidian.
                  °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hey guys sorry again for the incredibly late delays. My exams are up again. And I'm so very busy! So please bear with me.
As always thankyou for all the reads! Please keep voting and reading and commenting. It helps me loads. Love you guys. Stay safe and happy!
Xoxo💜✨💫

Please go check out and support these people on Wattpad! Some of them have graphic shops that you might wanna have a look at!

Graphics:
rosyraspberry swetaer renegxde onediamond

Others
LeeJeonghyeon_ InBlack_01 RLia2244yousawme

Byee y'all! 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.5K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
25.9K 611 42
Hop in to the adventure of Team 6 exploring and making friends in their journey. And of course being goof balls and blow shit up.
11K 157 23
The male reader in this story is a character I based of my two favorite characters bloody painter and Tyrion Lannister.I gave him bloody painter's fi...
23.2K 636 10
I remember the night I gathered his broken heart with my bare hands, trying to put it together. I eventually did, assembling those little pieces like...