Toxic

justanotherplum tarafından

"I would never hurt you or be unkind to you." Loki persisted, suddenly in front of her. He gently cupped her... Daha Fazla

REVIEWS
01 | Funny Little Thing
02 | Breaking Point
03 | Hide and Seek
04 | Unkind
05 | Queen
06 | Safe
07 | I Love You
08 | Spider-Man
09 | Bound Together Forever
10 | I Know What You Did
11 | Vulnerable
12 | Crushing Skulls
13 | Do You Understand
14 | Abuse
15 | Do It
16 | Siv
17 | Midgard
18 | Blue Eyes, Green Eyes
19 | Uncle Thor
20 | Closet
21 | Dino Nuggets
22 | Monster
23 | Daddy's Home
24 | Rollercoaster
25 | Water
26 | Trust Me
27 | Real Feelings
28 | The End?
29 | Death
30 | Thor
31 | Changes
32 | Potion
33 | Goodbye
34 | Familiar But Different
35 | Starving
36 | He's Here
37 | Who's Loki
38 | Jump
| The End |
THANK YOU!
NEW BOOK!
Bonus Chapter: Bite. Kiss. Repeat.
Bonus Chapters: What If

INTRODUCTION

16.4K 351 226
justanotherplum tarafından

"I love you." She smiled so brightly, her cheeks hurt. "More than you'll ever know."

She woke from the dream, startled. Every night for the past several weeks, she confessed her undying love to the same man in various places and scenarios. She never saw what he looked like, she only saw his silhouette. Despite this, she had this odd knowing feeling it was the same man in her dreams night after night.

She hated to admit that she enjoyed the dream when she first had it. The feeling of being in love was something she had so far only experienced in this dream, and gosh it felt so real.

Back in reality, things haven't been going the greatest.

Summer Andrews was already fairly isolated, living life on a small farm her parents left her in their will when they passed. Now it was just her and her dog, a couple goats, chickens, and a cow named Betty. She wasn't overly fond of the farm, but she wanted to keep the animals and the farm around in memory of her parents.
She had yet to get WiFi or cable, but thankfully there were a couple of channels on the tv to keep up with what was going on in the world.

She sighed and texted her friend, Ally, to cancel the plans they had for the weekend. She was already too tired to do anything today. Ally was a great girl, and really took Summer under her wing since she officially moved here a few months ago. Ally was the only person that Summer really had in her life right now.

Well, other than a nice gentleman she met at the cafe she worked at. He came around every couple of days or so, ordering whatever she suggested that day. He was always awfully flirty, but she enjoyed it.

After about a month, he asked her out. She asked for his number, but he claimed he didn't believe in phones. His reasoning? Not sure. She was too stupidly caught up in admiring his beauty to ask why or another way to contact him. Instead, he ensured her he would take her out soon, but never told her an exact date.

She set down her phone when there was a knock at the door. Answering that door was her first mistake. She opened the door to reveal the man she was supposed to go on the date with. How he found her, she had no idea.

She smiled nervously and tucked a stray piece of her hair behind her ear. "Hey! Don't get me wrong, it's great to see you, Tom-"

"Loki." He politely interrupted.

She tilted her head. "Pardon?"

He smiled warmly. "My name is Loki."

She blinked, weary of his sudden name change. The name 'Loki' caused an uneasy feeling to form in her stomach. Why did it sound so foreign yet so familiar? "Loki.... I wasn't expecting you today."

He sheepishly mumbled an apology, his cheeks flushing a light shade of pink. "I wanted to stop by and give you these." From behind his back, he pulled out a bouquet of flowers.

She found his sheepish demeanor endearing, even more so when he presented the flowers to her. Before she could thank him and take the flowers, he held them out of her reach. "There's a catch." He told her.

He's always been a playful- cheeky man, so she went along with whatever he was playing at. "And what would that be?"

"We spend the day together?" He said with a growing smirk. "I ensure you, we'll have the best time together. Just the two of us."

"Do you have much planned for us?" She wondered with a small smile, her dimples showing.

"You'll find out soon enough, my love." He ensured her. Gently, he picked her delicate hand up, and brought it to his lips to place a kiss to the back of it.

"A surprise?" She reached out and took the flowers from him, making him raise an eyebrow. "I accept." She decided and stepped aside to let him in the house.

And just like that, she sealed her fate.

He beamed at that and closed the door behind him. "Brilliant. We will have an amazing life together. Just the two of us, I promise you."

Her brown eyes widened as she took a small step back. "That's a little soon, don't you think?" She laughed, awkwardly, his forwardness surprising her.

In a flash, he.... changed. As his heavy black boots stomped loudly against the wooden floor boards, his hair grew to thick, loose curls for hair that were midnight black. He had prominent cheekbones and a well-defined chin and jaw. Beneath his dark brows, his bright blue eyes turned green and were as direct as expected, not even blinking as much as the average person. His body was covered in black, green, and gold leather to match his new dark persona.

Each step he took forward, she took one back until she bumped into the dining room table. "No need to look so scared." His silky voice conveyed.

And then it hit her. This was the man in her dreams.
"Stay away from me." She exclaimed and scrambled away from him.

His head cocked to the side as he stared at her. He looked.... hurt? "Why do you look scared? Is this not what you wanted?"

The sound of heavy paws slapping against the old wooden floors came from the other room until they were right behind Summer. She almost sighed in relief. Her dog, Buddy, was a great dog. He was trained to keep the property safe. He was a huge dog, a Newfoundland. He looked like a small bear. His appearance alone tended to ward people off.

Buddy bravely took a protective stance in front of his human and growled lowly at the stranger in his house. Loki stared blankly at the hairy beast. For a man so adept to killing, his eyes were remarkably soft.

Before Summer could blink, there was a knife imbedded between Buddy's eyes.

In that moment she remembered why Loki's name was so eerily familiar.

But the world believed he was dead.

The song above really sets the mood FYI. If you choose to listen to it as you read, lemme know what you think 👀

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way trying to romanticize this! It may seem that way, but if this were reality, this is twisted and messed up. This relationship is toxic and dangerous. I am not romanticizing abuse. While there really isn't much physical abuse- there is a lot of manipulation and playing with insanity. If you don't like to read that kind of stuff, please do not read this book!

I own ALL rights to the storyline and my personal characters. I do not own the few dialogue prompts or any of the Marvel characters. I do NOT consent to have my work posted, translated, or published on any third party site or app. If anyone sees my work anywhere but here, on this account, someone has posted it without my permission. If I see someone stole or plagiarized any part of my book, you WILL be reported immediately by me, and my loyal amazing readers 😎

With that out of the way....

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

579K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
214K 5.4K 28
Persephone, The bringer of Spring and Queen of the Underworld, book one of The Goddess series. Persephone was a beautiful young hearted soul. Her hai...
1.1M 35K 51
Alex Littleton is an outgoing and spontaneous 16 year old boy. He's the captain of the Greene high school boys swim team and loves, and I mean loves...
26.5K 606 7
We all know the legend of Hades and Persephone. How Hades kidnapped her. How he forced her to eat the fruit of his world. But what if I told you that...