The Band Next Door

By TEEwaitforitHEE

Meet six normal girls...finding their way through life. As if it wasn't already way TOO complected, guess wha... More

Chapter 02 - The Fall and All
Chapter 03 - Somebody Save Me!
Chapter 04 - Nightmare (PART 1)
Chapter 04 - Nightmare (PART 2)
Chapter 05 - (Christmas Special)
Chapter 06 - Cupcakes.
Chapter 07 - Bowling and bawling.
Chapter 08 - Community service.
Chapter 09 - Problem?
Chapter 10 - Drummer boy
Chapter 11 - The Pact
Author's note.
Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 1)
Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 2)
Chapter 12 - More like "Drummer GIRL" (PART 3)
Author's note : THE CHARACTERS!
Chapter 14 - A little too much to drink.
Chapter 15 - We surely cant handle our alcohol.
Chapter 16 - The hangover.
Chapter 17 - Consequences afterwards.
Chapter 18 - Heartbreaks and Mistakes.
Chapter 19 -
Chapter 20 - Too many guys!
Chapter 21
Chapter 21 (Part 2)
Chapter 22~ (too lazy to name the chapters now)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 ;)
Chapter 26
Chap 27 (Muti-POVs)
Chapter 28
Chapter-28 cont...
Chapter 29
THE (not so) LONG AWAITED A/N
CHAPTER TEEES. (Thirty)
**CONTEST**
CHAPTER 31!
Chapter 32 (:
Chapter-32 (P*A*R*T*2 :D)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Rosalicious
Chapter 35: Major surprises!
Chapter 36

Chapter 01 - Butterflies.

8.3K 103 42
By TEEwaitforitHEE

Chapter One~

~~Nikita's POV~~

"Nikki? Come downstairs! and make it quick or Tori will leave you!"  

"Coming!" I replied as I zipped my hooded jacket and pulled on some sneakers. Aunt sophie didn't have  the time to drop me off at school herself! Skimming through the huge pile of scattered books, I picked up the right ones, shoving them rapidly in my bag. Then, facing the mirror, I quickly brushed through my damp hair. Finally, I looked at the poster of my favourite boyband, and I blew them all a kiss.

Thanks for being so awesome, I thought to myself. Lastly, I took my Phone and sprinted downstairs.

"You are late like always" mocked Tanner, all ready and finished with his breakfast. I rolled my eyes at him. Punctuality, was NEVER my cup of tea. Instead of defending myself like I ususally would, I just kept quiet, and made my toast, smiling at him.

"I'm forgiving you for that," I said feeling like a great saint, being so very kind. He gave me a confused look.  

"Well, somebody's in a great mood today." He observed. "May I know the reason?" He asked with a puppy dog face.

"No!" I said and laughed it off, because I myself didnt know why I was so happy today, It was just in the air- the excitment, the thrill, the tingle of butterflies in your stomach. That's what usually happens to everybody on their first year as a freshman. But this time, it was something else too.

I had a pretty good intuition, and somehow I had this gut feeling that, today, would be a great day.

Trying to suppress all the happy emotions just surging out of me, I took out my phone which had just made a beeping sound of a new message from my pocket. I unlock it and go to the message icon. There I could see a new message from Tori. She was my first friend when I came to this neighbourhood around ten years ago. We have been inseparable ever since then.

Waiting in car... Come out or I swear I will go without you! x

I smiled at the screen. and replied.

I will be there before you can say BANANA xD

Finishing the last two bites of toast and drinking my juice, I started towards the main door.

I carpooled with Tori, because Tanner and my Aunt could only afford to buy one car for one of us. Since Tanner was older, he got the Silver BMW while I have to wait for yet another year. I would've usually made a fuss about how I should be getting a car too, and how its not fair, and how Aunt Sophie can totally afford a car right now since my 18th birthday is coming in 2 months, but surpisingly, I stayed calm.

As I got into Tori's red Toyota, I wished her a good morning and threw one of typical smiles her way: wide, bright, and all my teeth showing.

~~ Tori's POV ~~

I threw a surprised glance Nikki's way, "You do understand it's morning, right? And that out of 365 days in the year you are the complete opposite of a morning person?" I put a hand on her forehead, feeling for a fever. "Are you feeling ok?"

Laughing as Nikki batted my concerned hands aside, I turned around to pull out of the driveway.

"Just excited." She admitted as we made our way down the street. "I don't know why."

I took my eyes off the road for a second to look at her. She seemed genuine. Maybe it mirrored the hyper energy that had coursed through my veins since this morning. "Yeah, I feel the same. Like I just had a whole bag of candy."

Driving to college wasn't pretty, unless you find interstate highways a gorgeous route. After the fiftieth street lamp passed us, I had fixed it in my mind to find some nicer, scenic path to get to school. If I couldn't take this drive when I was abnormally cheerful, I don't even want to imagine what it would be like if I was upset or, heaven forbid, tired. I'd just plonk my head on the wheel and sleep.

As soon as I turn the radio on, Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen comes blaring through. I sing along shamelessly, proud of my voice. I'd be majoring in music, and one day I hoped to have a career doing what I loved, making music. Today was going to be a good day, if the feeling of my vocal chords inadvertently warming up told me anything. Today was going to be a very good day.

As we pulled up in front of the school, I found a lovely parking slot right in front of the main commons. Boys were already playing frisbee out on the lawn, and girls were sitting about gabbing about their summers. As a freshman, I didn't have anyone other than Nikki to do those things with, but I hoped that our friend circle would expand soon.

Before I unlocked the car and let us out, I turned to Nikki, "We are not going to have a repeat of last year, Nik. We won't be those girls. We'll be confident and outgoing and we're going to have a fantastic time at college. Promise?" I held up my pinky and only unlocked the doors when she had wrapped hers around mine.

Last year, and every year at high school, we had been the quiet, smart loners. Some people knew I played the guitar, others watched Nikki as she cruised by in studies. But neither of us had been athletic and both of us had been painfully shy.

At the end of the year talent show, somebody had thought it would be a hilarious joke to nominate the two quietest people in the form without telling them. On the day of the talent show, we were forced to go up and perform. My voice had come out like a squeak and Nikki had just run off stage. Needless to say, everyone else had a laugh at our expense. I still cringe when I think of it.

As I made my way onto the sidewalk, I was hit by someone running with a cup of coffee. Before I knew it, the bottom of my shirt was absolutely drenched, and I had a bit of a shocked expression on my face.

"I'm so sorry!" He muttered over and over again, his hands out trying to clean it up. I let out a loud laugh causing his head to snap up, though his hoodie shaded his eyes and the top of his face.

"It's fine. Don't worry. Clothes are just clothes. Are you ok?" I asked, concerned for him. "No burns? Not running from a serial killer?"

He let out a low chuckle then whatever part of his face I could see showed some surprise, "I'm fine. But are you? Do you have a change of clothes?"

I shook my head and waved my hand, dismissing his concern, "Pfft, I don't need it." Quickly I unbuttoned my plaid button down shirt, revealing the black tank top I wore underneath. Then I quickly tied the two ends of the coffee stained portion of the shirt together creating a nice crop top effect. "Voila."

"Impressive!" The boy admitted, his face still hidden from me despite the fact he was taller. Shadows were being cast across it. "My mates are waiting for me. I'm awfully late. I'll make it up to you! Promise!" And with that he was gone.

I turned surprised to Nikki, "Well that was... an experience. Now let's go find where we sign in."

We looked around futilely, hoping for any sign of where we were supposed to be.

"It's probably the place with the most people." She piped up helpfully.

"There!" I pointed, seeing a large crowd amassed and... screaming? "What on earth is going on over there?"

We made our ways over and tapped one of the girls on the shoulder. Looking at me, irritated to be distracted from whaling her lungs out, she growled out, "What?!"

"Um... is this where we sign up for classes?" I asked timidly.

"No! Haven't you heard? One Direction is here!" She then seemed to forget our existence and returned to her incessant fangirling.

I only needed one look at Nikki to know she was thinking exactly what I was thinking. This day just got a lot better, and a lot more interesting.

A/N-

Heyo people!

This is Nikita here, Victoria  and I are co-writing this fanfic I hope you guys like it. Its kinda my first fanfic and 2nd trial to write a book. So, hope you guys to please be supportive and tell all of your folks about it. :) Comment and Vote! Thanks a lot!

P.S -  There will be a new chapter every week. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 68 60
I was just a normal girl until I had to spend the summer with the worlds biggest boy-band One Direction. Later finding out that I would be living wit...
5.5K 209 25
Five girls. One Club. Six best friends part of a band. What could go wrong? Alot.
7.9K 330 50
Sequel to Young Wild Girls! The band Young Wild Girls are living in a house and going on tour with IM5 and one of the boys of Them 7 Boys. How will t...
Now By Aarushi

Fanfiction

1.9K 553 37
Alyssa gets accepted to an Ivy League college. She is determined to change her life. But meeting five boys on the night of a bonfire. A walk with a g...