The Chairman's Assitant

By WissuandYas

'Needs a lot of editing' We break the kiss hurriedly and look in the door's direction to see Andrea. "Oh my g... More

characters
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chaptet 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chpter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
Epilogue.

chapter 30

13.6K 332 40
By WissuandYas

Andrea's POV:

"I'll be back." He informed standing up. I call what just happened 'perfect timing', actually this is too perfect. The neighborhood is empty, it looks like those we see in scary movies and I'm rethinking all the decisions I made till this moment.

I check my phone, nervous since it took him too long to open the door, Gabriel had sent me a text, I go to check it but feel Mr. Smith's eyes on me standing next to the door as if he wants to say something, then whispers, only who's in the room can hear him, "I'm sorry I had to do this, this was my only chance to tell the truth. Escape from the backdoor"

He goes back, probably to open the door but instead of a person's voice, I hear a gun's sound coming from the front of the house. I stumble backward in terror, what if they're waiting for me to escape from the backdoor? I can't stay here, I need to run away. I lock the living room door to buy more time and look around me.

My heart is pounding like crazy and my hands are sweaty. Thankfully I'm wearing pants, I grab my pack back and jump from the window. I analyze my new surroundings, when I look to my left, I make eye contact with Blake waiting with a bat in his hands. Wow, I was going to be knocked out by a bat.

We both sit still for a moment before I run away with all the energy I have. I make the mistake of looking back, he's coming at me full force but I don't stumble as they do in scary movies because I'm no drama queen.

I look back to the front and think, I don't have time to get my car keys, the neighborhood is dead. I can't keep running, I'll get tired and my death will be with a bat. I run toward the road with my eyes watery, at this moment I can see nothing.

I cross the road, and while I'm running I hear a sound of a car stopping sharply that made me halt in my tracks. I look to the car and get relieved the moment I see Gabriel's face, I make my way to the car and hop in right before Blake catches me. He hits the window making it crack and Gabriel speeds away with his face full of confusion.

"I told you 'don't go there'," he scolds and looks at me, "but you have to be stubborn in everything you do,"

I try to stop my body from shaking. Deep breaths, I tell myself, "I'm sorry," I whisper.

I feel the car stopping and sit alarmed in my seat, "don't stop," I yell at Gabriel, afraid they're following behind.

"Don't worry we're safe," he says and leans to hug me, "what happened baby?" I break down in his embrace and for the next hour, we just sit there.

When I'm done pouring my heart out we head to Carter's house since both our houses aren't an option. "What a surprise," says old carter sarcastically once he saw us, when his eyes land on me his mood changes.

"What did you do to her?" He accuses Gabriel who rolls his eyes, "can you let us in already?"

We sit on the couch. When silence falls on us I start speaking, "I called Bailey's dad once I got his number, he asked me to meet him at his house and I agreed. Before anyone of you talks, I know that was a stupid move," old carter chuckles while Gabriel keeps an emotionless face, "the good thing is, I recorded the whole conversation so we can keep it as evidence,"

"Can we hear it?" Asked old carter to which I nod to and then play the audio from my phone. For the past thirteen or so minutes I've sat there watching as their expressions change with what the voice coming from the phone is saying.

I move my attention to Gabriel's face and leave it there, right where it belongs. I've always dreamt of these days, no matter what the situation is, just being able to call him mine is enough. He catches me checking his face and I wait for the smirk or the 'you like what you see' comment because that's him. He smiles, he gives me a sweet and reassuring smile that sent butterflies to my stomach.

How can you get butterflies from a smile? I wonder but I know deep down only him can do that.

When the audio stops I take my phone and put my legs on Gabriel's lap out of habit. "Don't like to remind you but told you that girl wasn't normal," old carter states giving Gabriel a scolding look, aww how cute!

"What are the odds of me dating the female version of Ted Bundy? Isn't that cool?" Gaby cheers, his childish behavior back again.

"You think that's cool, watch me chop your head off," I retort with a glare.

"kids this is a serious matter Gabriel really might end up his head chopped off," old carter explained to which we both nod to. "He started it," I whisper pointing to Gaby, he gives me a look and stares at old carter in disbelief.

We sit there enjoying each other's company while old carter goes to bring snacks when I see a notification from an unknown number. I click on it and read, 'I'm sorry I can't help you anymore, I'll leave the city so don't try t contact me'. That must be Bailey's dad!

I text him back asking about what he means if he's okay and where did the gunshot came from which he responds to with 'that's not something you need to worry about'. When I ask if I can call him the texts stops for few minutes before he says 'I can't'

'Okay, I understand' I send and then look at Gabriel horrified, "Gabriel she killed her father," I blurted with my hand covering my mouth.

"What do you mean 'she killed her father'?" He asks, I give him the phone to read the messages and explain, "Bailey obviously killed her dad and is texting me from his phone to fake it,"

He gives it to me back and argues, "maybe she didn't kill him just took his phone,"

"If he's alive she would have forced him to talk on the phone, she killed him," I say, my eyes watering. How could she kill her own father? He didn't even have the chance to do good. What about Gabriel? Now that he made it clear he doesn't love her she will surely want revenge.

I reach to Gaby, hug him tightly and snuggle my face in the crook of his neck, "please stay safe, I don't want anything happening to you," I mumble on his skin. He hugs me back and breathes, "I'm here Andy I'm not going anywhere,"

"Haha! Told you guys you'll end together," joked old carter when he came back, seems like he told us a lot of things that are turning out true. "I can see where Gabriel got his childish behavior," I say giving old carter a mocking look.

We sit in the living room more before we go up to his room to change. I wear one of his basketball shorts and T-shirt, and we sit there playing fight like total teenagers and then just chatting, we have dinner with old carter and sit a bit in the garden since it was beautiful outside with the fairy lights covering the trees.

This day has been crazy, who thought I would get chased by a guy I went on a date with. You can never trust anyone, and I couldn't even get into my car. My car! , "oh my god! My baby," I cry out, Gabriel comes and sits beside me on the bed, he was wearing his clothes since he just took a shower.

"What? I'm here," he reassures me. I look at him frustrated and grown, "not you my beautiful car, I left it there," I cover my face with my hands, "that psycho bitch must've done something to it,". I worked so hard for my black baby, all those nights and tiredness will be gone because of hatred. This world needs more Mercy and forgiveness.

"We can go check Tomorrow, I know how much it means to you," Gaby says taking my hand from my face.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I ask choosing not to take another stupid move. If I hasn't sent that text to Gabriel I would've been dead by now and I'm not trying to get myself in trouble again.

He shrugs his shoulders and says, "yeah it's dangerous but we'll take people with us. Maybe bodyguards, I don't know yet,"

"I love you, thank you so much," I thank him and peck his lips, he pouts when I pull away so He leans in for a kiss and I do the same, our lips meet making a warm sensation go through my body.
      ___________________________

The sun sprinkles her light everywhere taking the night's territory. By the Disney words, I am using you can guess that I'm in a good mood so, I decide to wake gaby with breakfast in bed and since we're talking about bed we had sex last night, that's one of the reasons I am in a good mood.

I take a quick shower and wear random clothes from Gabriel's closet then head down to get the breakfast ready, since old carter isn't anywhere to be seen I don't leave him any, and I also don't know what he can and can't eat because of his diet.

I take the tray and walk up the stairs to our room, I open the door slowly trying not to wake him up but get greeted with Gaby's toned chest and perfect abs, thank you god for the blessing.

I look up to his face after being done checking him and see the smirk that's plying on his lips, I roll my eyes and put the tray on the side of the bed, "good morning love," Gaby greets with the same smirk.

I smile sweetly at him trying not to ruin the mood with a bitter comment and greet back, "good morning babe,"

"It's still weird coming from you," he points out sitting on the bed. I forgot to mention that he just got out of the shower so his body looks fresh and his hair is still wet. He's wearing shorts and running the towel on his hair.

"If you still want to be called an asshole I can do that," I propose walking toward gaby then stop when I'm in front of him, "Or do you prefer idiot, dumbass, or fucker?"

"why so vulgar in this beautiful morning?" he teases, sadly he didn't choose a proper nickname.

"did you expect me to be nice now that I let you tap it?" I ask with a smirk of my own. His playful act drops and he speaks as if I humiliated him, "I didn't tap it we made love,"

I scrunch my nose at the 'made love' part, "eww that's cringe," I say.

"Don't you love me?" He asks seriously, I swear he's such a child. I chuckle and reply, "I do love you but don't be so..." I try to find the perfect word, "so old fashioned?"

All of a sudden, he pushes me against the counter and grabs my neck. He leans slowly toward me and whispers "if you don't like the gentleman style, I can be rough too"

The tension in the room grows and I stand there taken aback by his change of personality, I have never, and I mean never seen this side of him. He chuckles then speaks with his sleepy sexy voice, "Cat got your tongue? First time I've made Andrea speechless, I'm proud of myself,"

I bite my lower lip slowly watching as he follows my movement with his tempting eyes. I grab his gorgeous face and kiss him roughly.

..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..

Hi guys and girls,
It's been such a journey to write this story, especially in quarantine. And the reason we're writing this is that as y'all can see the end of the story is near.
We're happy that this book has some wonderful readers and thankful that people like it.
this story really helped us get through rough events in these hard times, Hope you read till the end and enjoy the events that are about to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 129 27
What happens when a 30-something married woman returns to college to live in her sorority house... Andrea Nolan was the uber corporate woman that was...
5.3M 187K 43
Against my better judgment, I answer, "Look I told you, you have the wrong number," I say a bit too harshly. "I wish I was the girl you were looking...
176K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
1.6M 64.1K 86
I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I see him I stop. There is one bulky man...