Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Fight! Sting vs Kira

284 6 1
By snuttlebug

Sting and Emi came back from the balcony to see that Lector had taken Emi's bed and was sprawled across the sheets. Emi took off her cloak before suggesting that they go to bed. Sting stood stiffly in the middle of the room.

"Are you okay? Aren't you tired?"

"Well, I...yeah."

"Then go to bed."

"I just--"

"I don't get what the big deal is. We've shared a bed before."

Sting sighed before pulling back the covers and laying in bed. Emi followed suit and laid facing the door. They were facing away from each other for a while, but Emi turned to face Sting's back after a few minutes.

"Sting?"

The blond turned his head over his shoulder and asked her to continue.

"I don't have any more of the gas Yame gave me, so I'm probably going to have some dreams."

Sting stayed silent for a minute before he shifted so he fully turned around to face her. He gave her a small smile as he held one of her hands. She tightened her grip on his hand before closing her eyes and falling asleep. Sting watched her for a minute with a smile on his face before dozing off as well.

After about an hour, Emi started shaking. She felt a burning sensation on her back, causing her to jump awake. She looked to Sting and saw that he was sleeping soundly. She could hear Lector snoring from the other bed. Her back wouldn't stop burning, so she got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. When she looked in the mirror, she saw that her scars were a bright red.

"Hey are you--"

Emi whipped around and kicked whoever it was in the stomach. She looked down to see that it was Sting and rushed over to him with her healing spell.

"I am so sorry."

"Damn, I'm so glad you never go all out when we fight."

"Why are you--"

"I heard you get out of bed, so I came to check on you. What happened?"

"I don't really know to be honest," Emi hesitantly replied.

-------------------------------------------------

Emi and Sting had woken up early the next day, so they stood on the balcony to talk as Lector still slept.

"So how often do you go on vacation?"

"Every once in a while," Sting replied, smirking.

They stood in silence before Sting turned to Emi and held her hands in his. Emi looked up from her hood and looked at him quizzically. He led her to the balcony edge before he leaned on the railing and asked her to follow. Emi leaned her hands on the railing before looking back to Sting. They looked at each other for a minute before they slowly started to move towards each other.

"YES!"

"Mira, please don't shout."

Just as their heads were getting close enough, Lector sneezed as he woke up. The two jumped apart before Sting rubbed the back of his head and breathed, "Guess it's time to go."

Emi sighed before taking one last look at the morning sky before turning around and gathering all her stuff for the train ride back.

"NO!"

"Mira!"

------------------------------------------------

"So where were you three? Off partying on some boat?" Ayame asked once they came into the guildhall.

"No way, Yame," Kira countered. "The idiot could never survive a boat ride. Don't you remember that octopus request we took a while back?"

"We went to the beach," Emi simply stated.

"No way. You actually went with those two? How on earth did you survive?"

"Very funny, Rin. We actually had a really great time!" Sting defended.

"I spent the day at the beach and then I made fireworks."

"Did you...take off your cloak at all?" Yuuki asked.

"No."

"So...what exactly were you able to do at the beach then?" Mich inquired.

Emi started, "Well I read my book on the towel--"

"Of course," everyone chimed in.

"Well I also built a sandcastle with Lector. It was a very fun day."

"Oh? And how many beds were there?" KIra asked slyly.

Sting blushed a bright scarlet, causing Kira to snicker.

"There were two," Emi stated smoothly.

"Oh," Mich muttered. That's no fun at all."

Sting looked to Emi and saw that she was giving him a mischievous smile towards him. He silently thanked her with a head nod before turning back to the group.

"We're still on for the mission tomorrow, right?" Kira suddenly asked.

Ayame, Sting, Lector and Emi all nodded before going over all the plans. Sting was, to no surprise, in charge of carrying all the supplies.

"It's only a B-rank mission, so it should be relatively easy. Apparently Jasper City has some bandits that are invading the mines and stopping all money flow from coming."

"I've heard that Jasper City is primarily a mining town, so it's no surprise that they would need this done ASAP."

"Well then," Lector and Sting yelled, "let's get to Jasper City!'

"Guys, we're not leaving until tomorrow. Why don't you give Emi a couple hours to debrief from a hectic day with you two."

Sting and Lector rolled their eyes at Ayame before wandering over to the bar.

"Hey Emi, we should totally spar."

"Kira! Didn't I just tell them to let her be?"

"But we're roommates. It's different."

"Why don't you and Sting spar since you two have so much energy," Ayame suggested.

Kira's eyes snapped down to the ground as she shifted. She sighed before going to leave. Emi looked at her with concern.

"Kira, are you oka--"

"What's the matter, Water Drain? Afraid I'm going to win again?"

"Go away."

With that, Kira walked out of the guildhall and into the city of Crocus. Emi turned to the rest of Phoenix Wing and asked what was wrong.

"They always fought whenever they got the chance, but Kira has never been able to beat him. He always wins, so she vowed to not fight him anymore until she was sure that she could at least get a tie out of the fight."

"I'm just that strong! She doesn't stand a cha--"

"I believe she can beat you now. When was the last time you two sparred?"

"Uh, a couple months ago I think. Emi, what're you--"

"She can definitely get a tie with you now. I believe in her. Meet me in the park in ten minutes."

Before she could get a response, Emi ran out the door. She caught up to Kira quickly and grabbed her shoulder.

"You're fighting Sting in the park in ten minutes."

"What? No! Emi, I can't. I'm not--"

"You are definitely strong enough. I've seen you improve so much just since I've met you."

"I really don't think that--"

"You pushed me to be my best self, and now I'm doing the same thing to you. You've learned so many new and powerful spells. I believe in my heart that you will be able to match him. You just have to believe in yourself."

Kira looked uncertain before she sighed and followed Emi to the park. When they got there, they saw all of Phoenix Wing standing there, including Master Rue. Kira began to pale and try to back away, but Emi held her by the ear and dragged her over to the field. She looked into Kira's eyes and whispered to her.

"I believe you can do it. I believe because I believe in you."

Emi backed away from her best friend before running over to where the others were, leaving Sting and Kira facing each other in the field. Sting was smirking.

"I never thought I would fight you again! Are you ready to lose?"

A fire burned in Kira's heart as her usual sarcastic demeanor reappeared.

"I'd like to see you try, dragon boy. I'll beat your ass."

The match started when Sting released his White Dragon Roar, causing Kira to jump out of the way. She landed on her feet and stood up straight with her arms hung in the air.

"Depthsurge!"

Water from the nearby rivers came floating above them before it exploded into different water spikes. Everyone looked on in astonishment.

"Since when can she--"

"She's been working very hard in the time that I've known her. She asks to spar with me every chance we get, and she's always training. It's no surprise to me that she's able to cast more powerful spells. Plus," Emi's eyes twinkled, "I've been showing her different spell books for water spells."

Sting's eyes widened as he tried to dodge all the water. He ended up getting cut by a spike as he jumped away. He then cast his White Dragon Holy Breath to cancel the rest of her spell. Kira smirked before she cast her Sea Serpents spell, causing two giant serpents to rush at Sting. He used his Holy Breath again to turn the serpents into vapor before rushing at her, aiming to use his White Dragon Claw to immobilize her. Kira looked over at Emi, as if asking for permission for something. Emi made eye contact with Kira before enthusiastically waving her hands as she cheered.

"I'll try out one more spell before that one. Jet of Steam!"

Kira's hands heated up as a thin and focused jet of boiling water flooded out of her palms. Sting jumped back and cast Holy Ray, which seemed to cancel out Kira's spell. They both looked at each other before Kira smiled brightly and cast her final spell.

"Pressure Sphere!"

At her command, water came rushing at Sting before forming a bubble around him. Sting smirked before getting ready to break through her spell. He was, however, met with the water pressurizing into an unbearable weight. He felt like his insides were turning. The bubble moved so it touched the ground, and Sting fell to his knees as the pressure knocked him down.

"No way," all of Phoenix Wing gasped.

Sting looked up as he struggled to see Kira smiling so big that her eyes were closing. He continued to fight the pressure, but he was eventually forced completely on the ground. Emi signalled for Kira to stop the spell before she ran over and hugged the purple haired wizard. Kira started crying, making the cloaked girl hug her tighter.

"You did it!"

"Holy shit! I did it! I beat Sting!"

"How...did you--"

"Emi's been training me. That's why we fought so often. Maybe you should've joined every once in a while instead of laying there under the tree and sleeping."

Emi quickly healed Kira before turning her attention to Sting and healing him.

"Hey Sting, now it looks like three of us can beat you," Rin smugly stated.

"You act as if you're one of them," Ursa muttered.

"Who are the people who can beat Sting?" Emi inquired.

"You, Master Rue, and now Kira."

"Wait, seriously. So that means that--"

"That's right!" Sting exclaimed, back to normal. "I'm the strongest member of Phoenix Wing!"

Kira coughed, "You were the strongest member of Phoenix Wing. Now I believe we have someone who can kick your ass in her sleep. And you also have me to compete with now."

Everyone laughed as Sting pouted in the field. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 11.3K 66
Lucy Heartfilia is a 16-year-old. Her mother had died early and her father's business collapsed. Finally having been able to join the most renown gui...
107K 1.8K 13
(Y/N) (L/N) a very mysterious girl. She is a Fairy Tail member, but not just any Fairy Tail member, no she's a triple S-Class wizard, a Shadow God Sl...
232K 4.6K 47
Anala Dreyar, Laxus' sister, hasn't seen her brother in 15 years. When she finally arrives at the Fairytail guild, everyone is shocked. What will hap...
242K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...