(REQUESTS CLOSED)A Hat in Tim...

נכתב על ידי KidWithHat58304

(EDIT MADE BY ME. ART MADE BY Raisehart ON DEVIANTART.) (REQUESTS ARE CLOSED.) A bunch of A Hat in Time onesh... עוד

The Cry in The Forest (Snatcher x Moonjumper)
Rise From Despair (Conductor x Cooking Cat)
The New Bird On The Block (Conductor x MovieStar!Reader)
Extraordinary Love (Moonjumper x Hat Kid but it's platonic)
More Than Just A Servant (Snatcher x Reader)
Breaking Point (Jokling oneshot)
Over the Moon (Shimo x Reader)
Vandalism On The Owl Express (JOKE)
(A/N) #1 IN AHATINTIME
Savior (Breaking Point Continuation)
You, My Diva (DJ Grooves x Female!Human!Reader)
(A/N) A PROPER REQUEST PAGE
Memories of the Past (Touchstarve!Conductor x Reader)
(A/N) 1K READS MILESTONE!
There When You Need Me (DJ Grooves x Conductor)
Morning Wake-Up Call (Snatcher x Bakadere!Reader x Moonjumper)
Pulled You Out From The Fire (Snatcher x Tsundere!Reader)
That's What Friends Are For! (Tsundere!Mustache Girl x Deredere!Hat Kid)
Love Is The Cure (Sick!Reader x Moonjumper)
Lovestruck From The Horizon (Yandere!Moonjumper x Reader)
Little Hope (Abused!Reader x Moonjumper)
Long-Lost Partner (Snatcher!Reader x Moonjumper)
A Golden Fortune (Empress x Reader)
(A/N) Some news and a random question...
(A/N) MORE MOTHERPECKIN' NEWS!
Cold Hands, Colder Heart (Yandere!Shimo x Reader)
A Heart Made Of Steel and Love (Robot!Reader x DJ Grooves)
(A/N) NOMAD NAME POLL
A DANGANRONPA IN TIME - TEASER
One Halloween Night, Too Much Drama (DJ Grooves x Conductor)
When Western Love Goes Too Far (AgedUp!Mustache Girl x Yandere!Conductor)
(A/N) 9K views + 100 votes
Birthdays in Subcon... with a twist (Subcon Forest Oneshot)
(A/N) 10K view milestone + Updates and Events!
(A/N) Requesting for an artist!
Farewell! (prologue)

Melt My Ice-Cold Heart (DJ Grooves x Conductor)

993 12 12
נכתב על ידי KidWithHat58304

Requested by: hannahconkle

Art above by: Soundwavepie (DeviantArt)

Original Link: https://www.deviantart.com/soundwavepie/art/Merry-Christmas-824576172

heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp- i don't know how to tag-

AHEM- either way, we have yet ANOTHER Discotrain fic in the mix! Sorry if it looks effortless or lazy, I was sorta in a rush! But yeah, I still do enjoy Discotrain.

Enjoy!

———

Conductor

"Peck, peck, peck..."

It was a late, cold winter night. That night, the babysitter of Conductor's grandchildren was supposed to leave until Conductor came back home and that's what Conductor was doing. Because he could only drive a train and there's no way he could ride home with it, he was walking back home. To make it clearer- speed-walking. So much peck had happened that night which had delayed Conductor's arrival.

One in the morning certainly isn't the best time to come home to your grandchildren.

Unfortunately, one bad thing led up to another and Conductor walked into a street of people going out for the festivities. He knew he wasn't going to make it in time. Actually, he knew he never could. So what path could help him arrive home a little faster?

On the far left seemed to be a park, luckily less crowded allowing Conductor to slip pass the them and now, running through the park at god-speed. He knew where his house was. He just needed to find a short-cut to reach it there.

He dashed few more bushes, some branches and twigs messing up his feathers but he didn't mind. Right when he knew he was nearly there, there seemed to be a large clearing of thick snow leading to him home.

This must be it!

He ran with all he could. His breathing was hard, trying to keep up with the many running moments he had that night. His mind was so clouded about his grandchildren he didn't even realize what he was getting himself into.

And when he heard something crack, he knew it was too late.

It certainly wasn't the snow crunching, no...

This thick layer of snow was actually hiding a thin layer of ice... and it's cracking!

No wonder it looked like a clearing! With all the left-over body-strength Conductor had, he ran- a fatal mistake that caused him to fall through the ice and into the freezing water below and its frostiness shot throughout Conductor's body, causing him to flail around to stay on the surface of the water. Luckily, his small size helped him to slightly float on the surface of the water.

Getting out was the problem.

The first thing he did was attempt to grab onto the nearest piece of ice only to crack off and render it useless. A few more attempts and Conductor's body began to give in to the torture of the cold, stiffening his muscles and hindering his movement. He was at the brink of passing out but he didn't want to.

What about his movies?

What about his fans?

What about his grandchildren?

All he could do was cry for help, yet it looked like help wasn't coming. He slowly began to sank, forcing him to yell louder and louder only to inhale the cold water.

Then, when he sank deep enough, he passed out.

———

Two in the morning.

Some of the kids were asleep on the couch, yet a few others still had not slept yet. The babysitter still hasn't left and, though they were anxious, they still had hope. One of Conductor's children ran up to the lady.

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Whewe's papa?"

+ 𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 +

"I'm not sure... just... try and go sleep, okay?"

Conductor's Grandchildren

"But I wanna see papa!"

+ 𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 +

"Papa hasn't come home yet, dear."

Conductor's Grandchildren

"But I wanna-!"

*DING DONG!*

+ 𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 +

"Finally, he came back..."

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Papa!"

With relief, the baby-sitter went on to open the door, checking through the doorhole first but...

...it wasn't what they expected.

The door opened to a passed out Conductor, wrapped in a red jacket and shivering like mad whilst being carried by...

...DJ Grooves.

+ 𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 +

"Ah, sir! What happened to-"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Don't worry about it! Just get some towels and a blanket."

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Papa! What happened to papa?"

He didn't answer. His face definitely wasn't a happy one. Because the largest couch was occupied and he didn't knew where Conductor's room was, he went on over to a nearby chaise longue and laying on it first, then laying Conductor down on his chest to act as a pillow.

Not long after, the babysitter came back, placing a folded towel and a blanket right next to Grooves. Lifting his jacket off of Conductor, he was trying to dry Conductor off with a towel when a few other grandkids, some who woke up, surrounded him.

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Papa?"

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Did papa went swimming? Why is he wet?"

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Is papa d-dead?!"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"No, he isn't. He just needs to rest, that's all..."

Even by how cold-resistant Grooves was, he could tell Conductor was very cold. He sighed at his condition, though felt sympathetic that there was nobody else in this household responsible enough to take care of him except the babysitter, who was in a rush to go home.

He was going to stay here for a while...

———

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Hello?... Yes, darling. It's me, DJ Grooves."

Conductor's hidden eyes fluttered open. He was startled by Grooves voice. Though, thanks to his eyes being hidden, Grooves didn't knew he was awake and Conductor took this as an advantage to listen to Grooves talk over his house phone. Seems that he was wearing a purple sweater decorated with white stars, his afro tied up into a bun and his shades gone from his face, revealing his ocean, blue eyes.

He also felt... hot? Though, not hot in a good way.

No, he was sick.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Yeah, sorry I didn't turn up today. We're going to have to put our recordings on a hold... yeah... I'm still at Conductor's house. Could you bring over some of my clothing here? I'm going to be taking care of him, alright?... Oh, don't worry about me! I'll call back if there is any additional news..."

Then, he ended and turned to Conductor, approaching him slowly. He did all he could to suppress flipping out but when Grooves held his shoulder, he lost it.

Conductor

"Ehehabab, what the peck are yer doing?!"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Why, good morning, darling! Didn't knew you were awake!"

He slightly giggled at his reaction, backing away a little to avoid being slapped. Though, instead, he sneezed and Grooves took this as an opportunity to bring some tissues up to him along with a glass of water which Conductor reluctantly took.

Conductor

"Wait... what the peck did yer do to the kids-"

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Good mowning, papa!"

From behind Grooves, all of Conductor's children stood at the door, fully dressed in Christmas clothing with presents in their hands.

Conductor's Grandchildren

"We got pwesents for you, papa!"

Conductor

"W-what happened? *cough cough* What did he do to yer?!"

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Papa Gwooves saved you! And then, he towd us he did "Cee Pee Aw" on you!"

Conductor's Grandchildren

And then, this mowning, he dwessed us up!"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"I sure did, darling..."

Conductor

"Wh- hah...?"

His feathers puffed up a little, realizing that his grandchild actually referred to Grooves as "papa". He had also puffed up a good amount when one of them mentioned Grooves doing CPR on him.

For some reason, it slightly offended him.

Quickly enough, Grooves picked up on his reaction.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Aw, Conductor, your face is red! Are you sure you're not jealous? Or... is it something else I'm not getting?"

Conductor

"I'm not... *cough cough* j-jealous. Aye am just burning up, ye little peck."

Grooves smiled teasingly, nudging him and muttering something to him which made his feathers drop, then turned his head to the children.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Now, you can leave your papa's presents near the door over there. We... need to talk about something."

Conductor's Grandchildren

"Okay, papa Gwooves!"

Following his command, they placed their presents near the door, then left without a word, leaving only the penguin and the owl in the room alone.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Now, Conductor, I've wanted to ask- what were you doing in that frozen pond?"

Conductor

"It's... none of yer business... how did yer *cough cough* ... how did yer even find me?"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Well, earlier, in the park, I heard that loud, boisterous voice of yours and found your footprints in the snow. Then, I found you in that pond."

They both chuckled, though Conductor stopped when he realized he was.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Now, darling, could you answer my previous question?"

Conductor

"Aye... aye was runnin' late, okay?"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"And?"

Conductor

"Aye... *ACHOO!*... I didn't see the pond. That's all aye can say."

Conductor

"Now, go on, shoo. Aye don't need yer anymore."

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Yes you do! You're sick!"

Conductor

"So? Aye can take care of meself, no pro-"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Darling- there's nobody else in this household to take care of you and your kids!"

Conductor

"There's the babysitter, god peck-!"

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Please... just let me take care of you for now!... they're not always going to be there..."

Conductor

"..."

Conductor

"...for now... but yer better take care of the kids! If yer DARE hurt them, ah swear aye'll haunt yer home."

Grooves only smiled in reply.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Don't worry, darling. I will promise you the children are in safe care."

He got up, heading towards the door, ready to go out and take care of Conductor's children but before he left, he turned to Conductor.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GᖇOOᐯᕮS

"Hey... it's nice to know you care about someone..."

Then, he closed the door.

Conductor let the silence take over the room before getting up and walking over to the presents, his cough echoing a little. He thought they were actually the children's until he checked the labels.

They were all his.

He scanned the pile of presents until his eye caught a certain envelope with the words "Conductor" on it in cursive. It was obvious who's one was it so he decided to take that first, snatching it and going back into his bed.

He attempted to open it "normally" but gave up, ripping it apart, revealing a Christmas card, laboriously decorated with multiple designs. Of course, he was always into designs like this.

He opened the card.

———

𝒯𝑜 𝓂𝓎 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇,

𝐻𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈, 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔! 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝒹.

𝒩𝑜𝓌, 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓊𝓅 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊- 𝐼 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓋𝒶𝓁𝓇𝓎. 𝒲𝑒'𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒶 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝑜 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓉. 𝐼 𝒷𝑒𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎.

𝐸𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓎, 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓀𝒾𝒹𝓈. 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒶𝓈𝓀 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓂𝑒! 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉. 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒾𝓈.

𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝓈𝒶𝒻𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝒶𝓃𝑒!

𝒲𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈,

𝓓𝓙 𝓖𝓡𝓞𝓞𝓥𝓔𝓢

------

He gave the letter a smile, then placing it on the nearby table before laying himself on his bed again, slowly sinking into the pillow. He will check out the rest of the presents later, he told himself. For now, he just listened to the sounds of morning glory- birds chirping, leaves rustling, snow falling, maybe coughing and sneezing a little, disturbing the moment he had.

Yeah, this year's winter was cold as peck but...

... for some reason...

...just thinking about DJ Grooves... thinking about how smooth, nice and kind he was...

...made him feel a little warmer.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

451 10 10
{∘☼‹✧◦-◦✧›☼∘} This book is a place for me to put one-shots from some of my stories (and just write one-shots in general) and to show some of my art! ...
9.8K 94 14
This is a oneshot, xreader book. like the title already said this is for Harry Potter characters I am really busy with school and life so I am ending...
4.8K 226 33
Just a book of some Harry Potter oneshots that I think are cute. I would love some requests please...and credit will be given. Everyone from the Gold...
216 10 6
One shots of our characters from Heir of Sallow. Little things that I wanted to do but couldn't due to the progression of the story line. All charact...