Nevermind (Jay I-Land ff)

By seoulfeels

"I'm fine! Because that's what you wanted to hear." Collab with @Shachie1322 ๐Ÿฅฐ ... Date Started: July 31, 20... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Comparison
Chapter 2 - Nightmare
Chapter 3 - Left Behind
Chapter 4 - Try Again
Chapter 5 - Team
Chapter 6 - Marks
Chapter 7 - Pure Blood
Chapter 8 - Accident
Chapter 9 - Monster
Chapter 10 - Lost
Chapter 11 - Note
Chapter 12 - Nameplate
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Poison
Chapter 15 - Fresh Wounds
Chapter 16 - Birthday
Chapter 17 - L.J
Chapter 18 - Escape
Chapter 19 - Claw Machine
Chapter 20 - Drowning
Chapter 22 - Abandoned
Chapter 23 - Apology
Chapter 24 - Alarm
Chapter 25 - Bullet
Chapter 26 - Twins
Chapter 27 - The Cursed Child
Chapter 28 - Rest
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Pyromaniac
Chapter 31 - Not Okay
Chapter 32 - Ice Prince
Chapter 33 - Escape
Chapter 34 - Russian Roulette
Chapter 35 - Try
Chapter 36 - How to Save A Life
Chapter 37 - Take The Fall
Chapter 38 - You Shine
Chapter 39 - Living A Lie
Chapter 40 - One Of Them
Chapter 41 - Fall Easily
Bonus Chapter 1 - Yves
Chapter 42 - Trauma
Chapter 43 - Chances
Chapter 44 - Lost
Chapter 45 - Ring On My Ear
Chapter 46 - Successor
Chapter 47 - A Family
Chapter 48 - Missing
Not an update
Chapter 49 - Shoot Me

Chapter 21 - Happy

523 63 40
By seoulfeels

Jay and Yves went to the Projection room to see Mr. Yoon. He just got there from his last class. He didn't even get to sit down first. Not far from Him was Yuri, who's crying on her desk.

That's not important right now, what's important is Yves and her failing score. It was Jay who fearlessly approached Mr. Yoon's table, looking disgusted of him after what he discovered about this teacher. Yves was still at the entrance, just watching Jay.

"Park Jay, I don't want to see your face unless it's this afternoon in my subject." Mr. Yoon closed his eyes to avoid looking at Jay, rudely.

"You failed Yves last quiz." Jay spoke, ignoring what he said. "It was I who checked her paper and she only got three mistakes. I can still remember." Jay said calmly so he won't trigger him again.

But that clearly won't work, because this teacher hates him and his whole being.

"You can't teach a teacher." Mr. Yoon snapped at him, annoyed. "Unless you have a license to teach! I rechecked the paper and she failed. You may go now. I'd like to talk to Yves in private." Mr. Yoon demands.

Jay balled his first knowing the possibilities on how this conversation might take place. "I understand." Jay went to Yves taking her phone and dialing his phone number. He answered the call and placed the phone back to Yves' pocket.

"Trust me on this. I have a plan. Do you trust me?" He asked.

Yves was now nervous now that Jay looked serious. But she trusts Jay. After knowing a little more about him, something tells her that he's a reliable person.

She nods.

"Don't resist, only for a while. Let his say things that would make him end up behind bars. Scream if he ever touches you and I will make sure to take you away. Got it?" He asked.

Yves nodded.

She was nervous and scared, but she knew they needed this evidence. Yves is one of the top students and she totally understands the situation she's in right now.

It was weird though, why is Jay doing this on his own?

Can't they just report it to the principal or the police. They're right outside.

But she trusts Jay now. She wanted him to rely on him as well. That way she'd feel a lot better.

"Go to him now, don't worry, I can hear everything." Jay reassured her.

Yves approached Mr. Yoon who just stood up. "Follow me at the back building." He spoke.

Yves obeyed at the comfort that Jay can hear them perfectly. The back building wasn't that far. They got there in no time. It was scary. It was abandoned.

Even if she screams loud in this place, nobody will ever hear her. Good thing Jay can hear her.

"Yves." Mr. Yoon started.

"Yes, sir?" She asked, maintaining her distance from him.

"About the quiz, we can talk about that. I can change it back to your real score if you do me a favor." He said, giving Yves a creepy look. He was not the teacher that she knew. Now she can remember all the hugs and him squeezing her arm. She felt disgusted of herself.

"What might that be?" She asked as she trembles.

"It's simple." He said with a smirk. "You can't tell anyone, or your dream of going to medical school won't ever happen."

Yves just wished she can escape right now. She honestly can't do this right now.

Jay went to the first cop he saw in the campus and convinced him to listen to his call. It was also on record just to make sure he has a solid evidence.

It's so easy to be flipped around in this school. He didn't want that to happen again.

Mr. Yoon said things that would really put him in jail. As soon as the cop heard it, Jay and him rushed towards the back building and stopped what's bound to happen.

Mr. Yoon was startled. What's more surprising was, Yves didn't look surprised st all. She was with Jay on this.

He was handcuffed and taken to the police station right away while Jay and Yves were called in the principal's office. Once again, Jay met Yoonsung for the second time.

As soon as they were welcomed inside his office, Yves started rambling about what happened but Yoonsung looks like he's going to have a headache.

"May I listen to the evidence?" He asked. Jay gladly handed his phone, playing a record of Mr. Yoon and Haseul and the audio of Mr. Yoon instructing Yves what he wanted her to do.

Yoonsung grabbed the phone deleting the audio.

Yves and Jay looked shocked.

"You kids really are a headache." He said massaging his temples. "What would be the image of our school once this gets out? Huh? Have you ever thought of that?" He asked leaving the two silent.

Jay chuckled hearing his nonsense. He knew Yoonsung's an unfair person, but he didn't know that he's extremely stupid.

"He never get to touch you? Why are you even complaining?" He told Yves. "And Haseul, Mr. Yoon's paying her tuition. She never complained, so why are you people complaining?" He said as he sighs, slouching on his seat.

"And you know this?" Jay asks.

"Of course! Now, never speak of this to anyone, or I can make you both look like liars. You don't have any evidences now. No one would believe you." He said, making Yves tear up. She felt violated and hopeless. Most of all, she felt bad for Haseul.

"And what about the officer who heard everything with me?" Jay asked. Yves was surprised how calm he still is after everything. They just lost their evidence and discovered that Haseul is in so much trouble than they expected her to be.

"They can shut him up at the station. Mr. Yoon will come back for his class this afternoon whether you like it or not. And you still failed your quiz." He told Yves.

"You cover up for Mr. Yoon, or do you do it as well?" Jay asked.

That was enough questions. Yoonsung stood up gesturing them to get out of his office. He was only after the evidence that they have.

Jay obediently exited while Yves was sobbing.

Jay then stopped a recording in his phone, sending the audio to Hansol. He also sent the other two to Hansol, knowing that he's not like any other teacher. He can be trusted.

"I don't want to be on the same room as him!" Yves complained while crying.

"It's ok, he can't go near you. I'll make sure of it." Jay reassured her. Once again EJ saw them. He wanted to tease the two but he noticed Yves crying.

Is she in trouble?

"I'm out of the top rankings now. I should just kill myself." She cried.

Honor role problems. EJ thought, ignoring the two. Though he's still planning to get back at Jay. Maybe put hot sauce on his drink or something.

"EJ! Basketball!" Hwiyoung, a senior invited him. Since EJ's one of the tallest in school, seniors often invite him and Youngbin to play ball.

"Yes, sunbae." He agreed, glancing one last time at Jay. He wanted to invite him as well but Yves looks like she really needs a friend who would listen to her problems, so he just let them be.

At the basketball court was a tall senior who plays baseball, Rowon and a senior who's good at everything, Yeonjun. EJ just wished they're at the same team as Hwiyoung, or they're doomed.

"Wooseok's coming, right?" Yeonjun asked Rowon.

It was another gigantic student, same year level as EJ. He usually plays volleyball, since blocking is perfect with his towering height, but nowadays he's been spending a lot of time in the basketball court.

"Wooseok? Isn't that too much?" Hwiyoung complained. "If only Kei didn't get kicked out we can convince him. He's so competitive and he's tall." He said looking around to see a good alternative.

They manage to invite Youngbin as then saw Kyungmin. The dude's tall.

"Kyungmin!" Hwiyoung waved at him. "Come play with us." He invited.

Kyungmin looked unsure, but made his way to them anyway. Hwiyoung's a kind person anyway. They're both belong to the science club where they make prototypes of planets and different elements. He couldn't say no to him.

"Where's Jaebom?" Hwiyoung asked. He knew that the two are inseparable.

"At home, he's sick." He answered.

EJ looked away, avoiding Kyungmin's stare.

"Minhee's competitive." Youngbin suggested.

They all came together and played basketball. Some students are just bored and had nothing else better to do went to the bleachers to watch. After all, they're all good looking. Like they would pass that up.

Yeonjun was so energetic and enthusiastic that whether he miss a shot or not, he's smiling and cheering. It made everyone curious what type of vitamins he takes. They want it too.

What they don't know is happiness is what he possesses. Enjoying yourself with the little things, is what gives him energy.

EJ hated it.

Because he has no idea how to be that enthusiastic.

He stole the ball from Yeonjun and made sure he'd make a point. He dunked the ball in the most cocky manner and even hang on the ring lifting himself up then letting go, landing on the floor powerfully as the crowd cheered.

EJ smiled, as his teammates went to pay his back. It's an automatic response after a teammate makes a point. No big deal.

But when EJ saw Yeonjun cheering for him and even gave him a high five, it made him more angry. Why isn't he mad that his opponent made two points? Why is he happy?

"Good job! You should join the team." Yeonjun encouraged him.

As soon as the ball was passed to Yeonjun, EJ made sure he would steal it again, then made three points. He glanced at Yeonjun and once again, he's clapping.

"Can't we invite him? We're about to graduate. Might as well make sure our successors would still get the 'champion' title." He told Rowon.

"He's a fencer. His family won't allow that. Now get your head in the game champion, we're losing." Rowon told him.

Yeonjun shook his head. "That doesn't happen to me. There's no such thing." He said then focused.

That's when he keeps making points. In the end, they won. EJ sat down and stared at Yeonjun dancing around as the crowd goes wild. "How can I be him? Seriously." He muttered.

"Him?" Rowon pointed at Yeonjun who's still dancing in the middle of the basketball court.

"The guy never lose energy. He's always smiling, always dancing and even hums on the corridors on his way to class." EJ muttered annoyingly.

"It's hard to be him. We always assume he's ok and we always expect him to be at this state. When he's worried and troubled, nobody asks him what's wrong." Rowon told EJ.

So it's not too much fun to be him after all.

After dancing, Yeonjun went to them to drink water, giving them all a high five, even the other team as well, including EJ. "We're doing great guys. We're all in great shape! Wooooh!" He jumped around again. "You did great!" He gave everybody a hug complimenting them. He just doesn't stop.

"You were great, hyung." EJ compliments making Yeonjun stop and smile at him. "Nahhh!" He disagreed. "So you're a fencer? Was it hard?" He started a conversation. He had a lot of questions. He's like a child who's curious about everything. He keeps asking questions when EJ starts to look away or stop talking.

He was so desperate to keep the conversation going. He didn't want to stop.

It was just then that EJ realized. He has a lot of people who look up to him, but he doesn't have many friends. Real ones at least. People he can have a long conversation with.

Back to class, Mr. Yoon's subject, EJ sat with Jay again. He keeps glancing at Yves on the right side of the room.

"Quiz!" Mr. Yoon said the moment he entered. His hair was messy and he doesn't look fresh. Why would he, he was taken to the police station. But since Yoonsung has lots of connections. They can easily set Yoon Jaehan free.

Yves was shaking. She grabbed Heejin's hand to feel comfort. Her hand was cold as ice. Heejin has never seen Yves like this. She's usually confident no matter what subject it is.

Mr. Yoon glared at Jay, then distributed them their test paper. He even smirked at Yves.

After the quiz and cheking, Mr. Yoon rechecked their papers and gave Yves another F. She stared at her paper with tears escaping her eyes. Mr. Yoon requested them to give it back so Yves won't be able to prove that she got the quiz perfect.

Jay as well.

Yves buried her head on her crossed arms on the table. Heejin was worried of her. She hasn't been feeling good lately.

"Are you sick? Did you catch cold as well? We can go to the clinic." She told Yves but it only made her cries louder.

Jay and EJ looked at their direction. EJ made eye contact with Heejin, making them both look away. EJ looking outside while Heejin focused on Yves.

Sunghoon went to Yves asking her what happened but she didn't respond. But when it was Jay who asked her if she was ok, she lifted her head up, and grabbed Jay's hand. "He did it again." She told him.

Nobody has any clue what they're talking about.

Jay couldn't relate at all. To him class ranking was nothing. That it's much better if you're not at the top. It's comfortable, nothing to maintain and nothing to worry about.

When you're at the top, it's either you maintain your position or you fall down. For Yves, she's been at the top for a long time that going down a few rankings was scary.

There's nothing Jay can say that would ever comfort her. Because there's no way she can change her final grade. He has no power to do that.

"Help me." Yves pleaded.

Jay was reminded of what Jake told him. That when he asks for help that's when people start to abandon him. It must've been an awful experience.

Nobody deserves that.

"I trust you." Yves said, putting more pressure on him. Now Jay didn't want to let her down. Those three words meant so much to him. Not everyday, someone would rely on him.

"I'll think of something." Jay responded. Hearing those words comforted Yves a little. She's now more attached to Jay than anyone else. Because unlike others, he's actually reliable.

After class Jay met up with Jungwon, Sunghoon was there as well and Yves tagged along. Jay and Jungwon walked together while Sunghoon and Yves were behind them.

"That's progress. Sunghoon never reciprocated Yves' feelings before. Now they're walking together. You're like the bridge that connected two destined lovers." Jungwon exaggerates, making Jay smile.

"But are they going to follow us to the art gallery?" Jungwon asked Jay, glancing at Yves and Sunghoon, who doesn't look like they're talking. They don't even look like they're planning to.

"No, Sunghoon needs to train." Jay said glancing at Sunghoon.

"Hoonie! Is father waiting at the parking lot?" Kay asked. Later getting embarrassed that he still calls Jae, father when he's not his father. He slightly felt awkward with Sunghoon as well.

He can only wish that Sunghoon's really his twin.

He wanted to have at least one family.

"Yes." Sunghoon confirmed. "See you later then." Sunghoon said, reminding Jay that he's going to help him skip academy and then went ahead to the parking lot, leaving the three of them

Yves now followed Jay. Jungwon didn't feel comfortable with her around. She doesn't look trustworthy to him at least. Plus, she keeps eyeing Jungwon and it's making him uncomfortable.

Jay on the other hand didn't mind. There's nothing else that's bothering him. He can hear fourth footsteps besides theirs and it's making him anxious. What if it's Lee won?

He wanted to turn around and see for himself but he was afraid that he's right.

He stopped for a second, stopping Yves and Jungwon as well, noticing that the other footsteps stopped as well. He then gathered his courage to turn around, but nobody's there.

But then again, there are lot's of pine trees at he side on the unpaved area.

"What is it?" Jungwon asks worriedly.

Jay's acting strange today.

"Nothing." He said and hurried walking. The two nervously followed. This time, Yves was more focused on the way instead of glancing every once in a while at Jungwon.

After seeing Jay look around and walk faster after, it made her nervous.

"You should go home Yves." Jay said as soon as they reached down where the main highway is.

Yves agreed, she's scared. She called a cab and hurried to get in. Finally, Jungwon can move freely.

"Good job on scaring her. I really couldn't stand her." He told Jay, but noticed him still looking around.

"Are you scaring me away as well?" He asks.

Jay looks serious. "It's why I wanted you to keep your distance. I think he found me." He said, bringing goosebumps o Jungwon's spine.

"That's what you said....before." Jungwon muttered.

Jay focused on him now.

"Before you gave me the box." Jungwon told him.

"We need to see Yeji." Jay told him.

They hurried to Bambam's restaurant where Yeji was. She looked surprised to see Jay after being a bitch to him the last time they saw each other.

"I need the key." He demands.

Yeji hissed at him in disbelief. She couldn't believe he had the audacity to demand the key after saying he doesn't remember her or the key.

"You're ridiculous." She said as she walked past him.

"Yeji, I need it." Jay tried to convince her but she attended on a customer. He was polite enough not to disturb Bambam's business.

Instead of harassing her, he went to Jinyoung instead. "Hyung!" He sat across him. Jungwon can only watch how desperate he is.

"Yes?" Jinyoung faced him.

"Park Euijin! Tell me about Park Euijin's friends." Jay demands.

"I can't give you detailed information about that. There's a lot of rumors about it. All my mother told me is that Euijin's friends with all the school delinquents. One day, two of them disappeared. There are lots of rumors that they became dangerous people. Then another one went missing. Then Euijin died." Jinyoung finished.

There was not much information.

"Don't you have any information if they're arrested or not?" Jay asked.

Jinyoung shook his head. "Nobody knows. Some rumors say that they used different names. Other rumors say they're caught. But if you ask me, I can only assumed that they're behind the unsolved killings this town. And they're assassinated because there's not enough proof that the cops can provide." He whispers. "Why the sudden interest?" He asked.

"I think I saw two of them." Jay told Jinyoung.

Jungwon was frozen, hearing him say it.

"You mean, you saw two missing people?" Jinyoung asked. It sounds like he doesn't believe Jay. There's doubt in his voice.

"Do I seem crazy if I say this to others?" Jay asked.

"Well it depends on who you saw. If it's Ok Taecyeon, then you'd give closure to a lot of people. He abandoned his wife and child and went missing. Some say he ran away from being a father. He's Lee Minsung's father. He died without a father and was abandoned by her mother later. You can only guess how he felt." Jinyoung paused when he realized that Jungwon's also here. That's enough info about Lee Minsung for a day.

"But if you say you saw Yoongi, you'd be the boy who cried wolf. Lots of students has claimed they saw Yoongi and he taught them, but they were silenced by the police and Yoonsung, the principal. People from this town would believe you, but nobody else would." Jinyoung told him.

Jay glanced at Jungwon and he nodded in confirmation.

"Why?" Jay asked.

"There are certain people who are protected by dangerous people. Yunsung's included." Jinyoung told him.

"But who's protecting them?" Jay asked.

"I don't think you're ready to know. I don't think you should know as well." Jinyoung finished.

Jay just won't accept that. Someone's been following him. He can't just accept that fact and move on with his life. Whoever Lee Won is, he seem dangerous, and he's after either Yoongi or Heeseung.

"What about Lee Joon? What do you know about him?" Jay asked further.

Jinyoung gave him a frown and studied his eyes before responding. "He's locked up in some mental institution."

"What if he's the person I saw?" Jay challenged.

Jinyoung chuckled taking it as a joke. "Now that's delusional kid. Lee Joon's locked up. This town is more than happy when he was announced to be locked up. It was a whole feast. Everybody can finally walk the streets at night ." He told Jay.

"Why is that?" The kid asked.

Jungwon sat beside Jay, placing a hand on his back. "He slaughtered 16 people, five of them are cops. Two are teachers and 9 are female students." Jungwon informed Jay. Saying it gave chills down his spine. He's hesrd it many times but it still doesn't fail to give him chills. Of course Jungwon knows this. His father almost lost his life in this tragedy. There's 30 injured people and one of them is his father.

He's heard this story so many times before.

"That's enough!" Mark Tuan pulled Jinyoung away from them. "They're kids! They shouldn't know this shit." He cursed, glancing at the kids. "Just study, get into a good University one day and leave this town at once. Nothing's good about this town. There's no one to trust. Even the police." He looked away when Jay caught his eyes.

Jay was more than confused now. So whatever it is that he knows, it's still nothing compared to what's really happening.

He made a final glance at Yeji, but she's still ignoring him. He didn't want to stress her out while at work so he left with Jungwon.

"I'd be thankful if you tell me everything you know." He tried to convince Jungwon, but he didn't know if it'll be a good thing to tell Jay, knowing how curious and eager he is to solve everything. He's even close to Yves now and Yves is now comfortable to ask him for help.

Jay might end up in trouble if Jungwon tells him names.

They were both distracted when they saw Kei being dragged by his boss out of the takoyaki restaurant. His boss was a short man with a mustache and round belly. He look furious.

"You fucking ungrateful punk!" He spat. "You signed the payslip already, you can't tell me you didn't receive the right amount!" He said hitting Kei with chopsticks.

"You made me sign it when it was still a blank paper without the amount of my salary typed or written in it. You gave me 17,000 won, but when I saw my payslip you should've paid me 27,000." He complained.

He was hit once again, bit this time it was more of a slap. "You went through my stuff?" The man yelled at Kei.

"You bet I did!" Kei yelled.

"You're fired!" He told Kei.

"Cool." He yelled back, removing his apron, throwing it to the ground, stepping on it and rubbed it on the pavement.

"Disrespectful, ungrateful, and a criminal! You have a police record for trespassing and destruction of property! I was so kind to even hive you a job!" He yelled at Kei before entering his restaurant.

"You're lucky I didn't trash your place." Kei yelled back, then saw Jungwon and Jay. He looked defeated when he did.

"Forget that you saw that." He told them then walked past them.

So this is what Niki was talking about when he said Kei's record makes his employers treat him bad.

The two went straight to the art gallery and stared at the paintings, instead of going downstairs on the basement right away. Jay noticed a new painting. It wasn't finished yet. It's a painting of a forest, with sunlight peaking through it. It was beautiful, though it might look better once it's finished.

"That time earlier when you looked around, someone was following us, right? You weren't just scaring Yves to get rid of her." Jungwon told Jay.

Jay didn't answer. He didn't know how to answer. Jungwon might think he's crazy if he tells him that it was Lee Joon who's following them.

"I need to talk to Yoongi hyung. Do you know how to find him?" Jay asked Jungwon. He looked puzzled. He's wondering how Jay knew Yoongi, and why he needs to talk to him.

This is why Jungwon didn't want to tell Jay everything he knows. Because Jay would surely do something stupid. Jungwon has heard of these stories but he trusts the adult to deal with it while he prioritize his studies. Jay is different.

"You have to ask someone else for that." Jungwon refused to help him.

Jay didn't waste time and went to the basement where Taeyong is. He's all alone, cooking food.

"Hyung, would you believe me if I tell you I saw Lee Joon?" He asked.

Taeyong froze and just stared at Jay in blank expression.

"I think he's following me." Jay finally told someone.

"Are you sure it's him? Do you even know what he looks like?" Taeyong asked Jay.

"He looks like Heeseung hyung, but more muscular, taller, scarier. His huge eyes looked cold, his smile was more awkward. Not a smoker, but carries around a lighter." Jay's description was so accurate. Taeyong's knees weakened hearing it.

"He's back." Taeyong muttered.

Jungwon behind Jay brushed his hair backwards and looked away. He was confused. All his life he was told about this scary mass murderer with no soul but given the comfort that he's locked up. But now he's told that he's out there, following Jay.

Taeyong grabbed his phone dialing a number. He paced back and forth in panic. "Hyung!" He spoke. "Any leads to Lee Joon?" He asks.

"Stop by." Taeyong said and hung up. "Jay, I just hope you're wrong about this. Lee Joon left this town long ago, not planning to come back." Taeyong said making Jungwon confused.

"But hyung, isn't he locked up?" Jungwon asked.

"He's not." Taeyong confirmed. "People just believed he is to give themselves comfort. All of those who testified that the man they captured isn't Lee Joon were called Boys who cried wolf." Taeyong said going through a drawer, pulling a folder, showing it to Jay and Jungwon.

There were news clippings of the article. There were lots of them.

Jung Jaehyun, Moon Taeil, Wong Lucas, Kim Jungwoo, Johnny Seo, Mark Lee, Kim Taeyong, Ten Lee, Kim Doyoung, Qian Kun, Dong Sicheng, Ji Hansol, Han Sangman, Park Euijin, Kim Namjoon, Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin, Mark Tuan, and Song Kyungil.

There were also pictures of them.

"We all left this God forsaken town. We cursed it to burn in hell. We wished Lee Joon would just turn it to ashes, but nothing happened." Taeyong told the two. "We came back for two reasons, now there's only one reason left." He finished.

"Which is?" Jay asked out of curiosity.

Taeyong smiled at him. "No, there's two reason again." He messed Jay's hair and went back to cooking their food.

The door flung open, and there he is. Min Yoongi, wearing a black hoodie and a faded jeans, with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Hyung!" Jungwon rushed to give him a hug. "We missed you so much."

He was one of his students when Yoonsung allowed him to teach at Seoul High. Of course he missed him.

"I always liked this kid." Yoongi said making his way to Taeyong. "What about Lee Joon?" He asked Taeyong right away without wasting time.

"Jay saw him." Taeyong told Yoongi, who chuckled as if what he said was a funny joke.

"He said he looks like Heeseung, but more muscular, taller, scarier. His huge eyes looked cold, his smile was more awkward. Not a smoker, but carries around a lighter. If that's not what you think is an accurate description Lee Joon, I don't know what is." Taeyong said in panic, giving away that Lee Joon was a really scary man.

"He's not identical to Heeseung. I won't allow that. That kid was the most pure kid I know." Yoongi disagreed on that part. "I've known Lee Joon since we were kids. His eyes are always filled with hatred when the other kids got adopted. I always knew he has a problem. When couples adopt him, they will always give him back after three weeks, saying he has anger issues. That he burned their plants and pets. He's a hopeless case.he's nowhere near Heeseung." He told them.

"Then why are you friends with him?" Jay asked out of curiosity.

Yoongi started laughing. "I'm not friends with him silly kid. I'm friends with Euijin, who happens to be friends with him. Your father loves fixing people. He thought he did, but then one day Lee Joon started a fire during a school trip, killing lots and lots of people. Media had to cover it up because of how controversial it is." He informed them. "Take note, we were high school students at the time. Our batch already graduated. Well, of course except for me and Lee Joon. We were expelled." He added.

"Euijin didn't stop him. He just watched him do it. He said Lee Joon was just misunderstood." Yoongi said looking at Jay, who didn't look affected that his father was involved in this thing. Who would blame him, basically, the man was a stranger to him. He never met the man.

"Lee Joon's a fucked up murderer, but someone believed in him until the end, and it's Park Euijin. Even when he helped them capture Lee Joon, he still insists that Lee Joon has his reasons. Until Lee Joon finally killed him." Yoongi said, staring at Jay who now has a frown on his face.

He definitely has a lot of questions in his head right now.

...

Heeseung went to Hitman Bang to attend his shift. Luckily, he's not late this time. "Hyung! Someone already requested you. You're getting more and more popular these day." Sunoo told him, gesturing at the man on the waiting area.

He's wearing a maroon shirt that's obviously smaller than his body. His muscles looks like it might rip his shirt.

"Lee Heeseung, I believe. I'm Lee Won. I was told you're the best instructor here." The man offered a hand to shake. Heeseung politely shook his hands with his usual smile. "It's nice to meet you, sir."

The two started off with easy targets. Lee Won would ask Heeseung to show him how it's done to see how good he really is and those guys weren't joking when they said he's good. He's also fun to be with.

He doesn't talk to much but he smiles a lot.

"How come the best instructor look like a highschool student?" Lee Won asked casually while the they're taking a break.

Heeseung smiled, placing his drink down. "I'm a graduating student, Sir." He said happily.

Lee Won didn't look happy though. He looks like his drink was spoiled, based on his expression. "I was kicked out when I was in my fourth year." He leaned back looking away from Heeseung.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that." Heeseung told him, looking down on his hands, feeling how rough it is with all the gun shooting and his other part time jobs.

"Don't be sorry, I'm lucky I got kicked out. If I wasn't, I don't know where I'd be now." He smiled at the kid. His smile doesn't show happiness. For some reason, he looked bitter and angry.

"I hope you graduate without any problems. Make your parents happy." He said, focusing on Heeseung's reaction.

"I-I don't think they'd attend my graduation." It was Heeseung who doesn't look so good now.

"What? That's bullshit! Of course they would. Isn't that like what a parent would wish for? A perfect kid, graduating highschool, receiving a fucking parchment paper with a bunch of words and your name assuring you graduated. Something to display in the fucking living room along with the other certificates and awards." Lee Won hissed at the end, giving a hint at how much he's not a fan of schools and studies.

"Not my parents." Heeseung tried to be cheerful but it just shows how bitter he was. Lee Won liked it. A decent student without anyone to attend his graduation. Now that's the opposite of himself. He didn't graduate, and he doesn't have parents.

But this kid, he has parents and is about to graduate but his parents won't attend.

"Then don't attend." Lee Won muttered. Heeseung was flustered, but smirked thinking of that idea. "When my friends graduated, I snatched the fucking leather folder with school logo pressed in it to see what the diploma would look like. I wanted to see what I was missing out on. It turns out it was empty. You get the real diploma the day after the graduation because you need to present your permit that assured you are clear with all your school bills." He told Heeseung. "You don't have to be at the ceremony. A bunch of classmates of mine went to the mall wearing their graduation gown. Apparently there are promos in fast-food restaurants if you graduate. They give free meal or a free chicken bucket. They redeemed their free chicken buckets and had a picnic at the park inviting me as well. I wore the gown and took pictures so I won't feel like I'm really missing out." Lee Won finally looked genuinely happy.

Heeseung smiled at the story. He's heard so many customer stories, but nothing was quite like Lee Won's graduation story.

"I wonder if it's going to be a big deal if they call my name and I won't be there." Heeseung tried to imagine, but he didn't feel like it would make a difference. They would just move on to the next person because he's not relevant. He only became relevant when Minsung died. He's only respected at the unsafe building.

"Why won't your parents be there again?" Lee Won asked in confusion.

"Well first of all, my father left my mother before he knew she was pregnant with me. Then her ex took her in and he freaking hates me. He basically don't want my mother to leave the house or be seen with me. Don't even let me get started with my stepdad. I don't even want to call him near a dad and father. My birth certificate doesn't have my father's name in it. It's his fault!" Heeseung accused, looking so angry and broken.

Lee Won regretted asking, but at the same time, he wanted Heeseung talking just as angry as him. He feels less damaged when people are talking angry. It comforts him somehow that other people are just as mad at the world as he is.

"I don't blame you. I hate my father with all my being. He's a drunkard who'd beat me and my mother. One day my mother hung herself and left me. My father then shot himself in the head right in front of me. I saw his head explode with his brains scattered everywhere. Funny story because I actually though he doesn't have that. Well, that's the story of how I ended up as an orphan." Lee Won started laughing like a crazy person.

Heeseung's eyes widened as he watched him do so. He seems like a madman. How can someone laugh after telling a story of how his parents died.

How can this man even hold a gun after seeing his father die after he shot himself?

"Don't look at me like that." Lee Won said. He's now finished laughing. "It's normal that I'm happy, that man tormented me. It's good that he died. When I saw him with blood and brains coming out of his head I knew then, that he can never hurt me again. He can never lay a hand on me anymore. The day I realized how powerful a gun is, and how life works. That there's a way you can get rid of people you dislike." Lee Won stood up and went back to the shooting rage and grabbed a rifle, shooting at the furthest targets.

Heeseung stared at him shoot them one by one and never miss with one question in his head.

Who is this man?

Even after Lee Won left, Heeseung couldn't help but think about him. Should he be alarmed? Is he just some random man who had the worse life ever? Or is he here for a reason?

He clearly didn't need instructions and help from him. So why did he request him to be his instructor?

"Heeseung!" The owner, Bang Shihyuk waved an envelope. "Your bonus. You've been working so hard as always. It's a bonus for being employee of the month." He gave him the envelope. It was so thick.

Sunoo clapped his hands. "Congratulations, hyung!" He cheered him on.

"You have a bonus too for being the most energetic staff. Your customer just gave a tip as well, and left a feedback. He said you should teach other staff aegyo so customers would losen up a bit and won't feel pressured" he gave Sunoo the note, proving that the feedback was real.

Heeseung shivered, thinking of himself doing aegyo. "Nope! I'm good. Customers ask for me." He said leaving then towards the locker room. He didn't even notice how fast time went because he couldn't stop thinking about Lee Won.

Sunoo followed him, holding a thinner envelope. His wallet was thicker than this. He's a rich kid.

"Why do you even work? You have branded watch, shoes and clothes." Heeseung asks the kid.

Sunoo put his index fingers pressing it on his lips gesturing Heeseung to be quiet. "I hate being home after school. I can't stand to be home at 9 PM to 10 PM." He said then winked.

It seems like there's problem at home, but he's smiling when he explained, so Heeseung couldn't be too sure.

Now that Heeseung's walking home, he couldn't stop thinking of his mother. His bonus was pretty damn big and Christmas is coming. He wanted to treat his mother something.

He recalled the coffee shop where Kei work at. They have delicious cupcakes, and if you happen to be the last customer, they would give free ones because it'll be a waste if they throw it away. He wanted those. He's been craving them ever since he and Kei stopped talking. Now that they're good friends again, he thought it's time to have it again.

He walked back to the other way, where the shop is. Heeseung stopped his tracks when he saw Kei talking to a man in suit and tie.

Heeseung hid in the shadows automatically.

"The job you gave me is a fucking waiter and maintenance man. I am not going to do this shit!" Kei complained.

Wait, Heeseung knows this dude. This is Song Jongki, his employer as well. The guy who owns the unsafe building.

"I'm not going to force you. I mean it's up to you if you want a salary triple than the ones you get in these part times." Jongki tempted Kei. "I mean, think of Niki and Taki's future. Do you even know how much a college student needs? Tuition, allowance, school project budget, dorm fee, books, materials. Especially Taki. Do you really think a tape measure is enough for an engineering student?" He proceeds tempting Kei.

This guy is a crook or even worse. They only accepted the job when he offered them a job as waiter and maintaining the building.

"What if I get caught?" Kei asked.

"Don't get caught." Jongki told him. "Because you're going to disappear without any clue, ko justice. You don't want your brothers to deal with that, do you?" He said making Heeseung nervous for Kei. It sounds like a bad idea. A really awful job, but defined a good pay, knowing Jongki.

"No, I can't do this. Sorry." Kei refused.

"Fine, good luck on your part time jobs that can only fund one brother. Call me anytime if you come to need the job." Jongki said, then left.

Kei looked defeated but went to the coffee shop. Heeseung proceeds to buy the cupcakes he was craving and got three free cupcakes for being the last customers. Kei played it cool. He was smiling and laughing, telling him lots of lame jokes.

He's distant. Why won't he open up?

The two of them walked home together. Heeseung was hoping he'd open up this time.

"So, how's your brothers?" Heeseung came to ask.

"Doing so well. You know how they are. Taki has lots of friends. More friends than Niki. Niki is misunderstood as usual. Good thing he has Nicholas and Hanbin." He said thinking about what Jongki told him earlier.

"You're doing well." Heeseung gave him a pat in the back. "At least you set a good example for them. If they happen to follow your example, they'd be on the right path." Heeseung tried to tell him that he made the right choice of declining Jongki's job offer.

Kei laughed it off. "Right path? Is that really important? If one day I have to get my hands dirty, I would do it for them. I'd give everything to them." He told Heeseung.

"They need a big brother more than anything. Family more important. I wish I have brothers like you. The Kei I know will never let his brothers go on the wrong path." Heeseung told him.

"I don't want them to go at the wrong path but I'd do it for them." Kei told him.

"No! They look up to you so much. Both if them. What would they feel if the man they look up to the most did bad stuff. They'd be heartbroken." Heeseung told him.

Kei bit his lips. That's how he is if he's still thinking about it. Heeseung knew that so well. What is the job offer?

"I really want to send Niki to the best medical school." Kei let out an uncomfortable laugh.

Heeseung knew that he couldn't control Kei. So he went home and called Jongki. "Hyung! I need an extra job." He said, so Jongki would tell Kei the job slot was taken. That way Kei didn't have to get his hands dirty for his brothers.

After all, Heeseung doesn't have any brothers or family. Nobody would get disappointed to him. There's nobody who would be hurt if he disappears one day.

"Really? Meet me tomorrow at the building at 11 PM. Don't bring anyone, no phones as well. See you there Lee Heeseung." He said then hung up.

Heeseung felt his heart stop. Was he being reckless? Did he just get himself in trouble? He couldn't stop thinking about his mother now. He wanted to see her before this, because he's not sure if he'll be alive after meeting up with Jongki.

...

A/N: Thank you guys for dropping by. I thought it'll easy to end this book but it's actually hard. I just finished writing some back stories, and I started to hate it. It was too sad like nothing's good in life. That's not how I want this story to be.

Here's a spoiler if you can understand my handwriting. 😁

But I'm not sure if I'd include it.

By the way, I kinda want to meet this little Jay and pinch his cheeks. He's all jawline now and I don't think it's fun to pinch a jawline.

I hope he debuts.

Please Vote for Jay 💜

We need to see his future embarrassing moments. I bet it will be Phenomenal. I expect everything about Jay to be Phenomenal. I mean have you watched I-land cams, he basically owns the whole place. He moves around so comfortably like he lived there all his life.

Go Jay! I look forward to your debut and future performances. I believe you're the only cure to what I have!

You can already say that I had too much chocolates again. I'll leave it as it is and excuse myself while I repeat watching Jay Cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 15.8K 48
[ ๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜…๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ] you have been added to an unknown group chat. STARTED : 26 /07/2021 ENDED : 10/ 09/ 2021 ยฉ shhoonie/dear_hee | enhype...
103K 3.6K 25
what is loveeeeeee???? - started : 17/08/21 completed : 18/09/21
29.8K 1.3K 32
i wish you knew how much i liked you. โ˜† bluriki 2022.
92.4K 3.3K 23
"๐—ฌ๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ." ๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น'๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—›๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ '๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜†' ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐˜๐—ต๏ฟฝ...