The Piano Romance (Notice Me...

By RanAckerman

"Let me ask you- do you like me?" "I love you..." Bridgette Tsukishiro just wanted to find her Hikoboushi sam... More

Prologue
Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom
The Nerdy Prince
The Tsundere Prince
Sighs
The Prince of Horses
The Tea Party
Three-way Party Mix
New Look
Closer
Reasons
Slackers
Pancakes
ChiHaru Sunday Bromance Special
Probabilities
Probabilities 2.0: Ren's Investigation
Small Hands
Confusion
Sports Festival
Dare
Change
Change 2.0: Interview with the Tsundere
Old Geezers ft. Psychedelic Mum
Boys' Talk
Dissonance
Off Topic
Departures~
Double Confession
Deal
I'm Sorry
Cheated

False Hopes

191 10 0
By RanAckerman

Bridgette couldn't believe her ears when Ren reaccounts to her his Bridgette-is-an-XYZ-fangirl theory. She stayed silent for the next three hours, throwing darts to the talkative Chiaki who had given him an idea about XYZ, although indirectly.

"Baka..."

Ren just kept on staring at her, somewhat feeling the awkwardness between them.

And now, he almost looks like him. Luckily, he doesn't have blue eyes.

The school bell rang a little over four o'clock, and everyone's busy fixing their things. Today she was assigned in the cleaning duty with Emi; she had refused Ren to take her home today.

Bridgette walked to the backyard with Emi carrying a sweeper and an empty trash can. Her assigned place isn't that big, and she enjoys sweeping the ground.

Dried leaves were scattered all around the place, which made it more enjoyable to Bridgette. She looked and saw Emi already starting to clean off the ground. She had been quiet lately and she was suspecting it's got something to do with Aki.

"Emi chan," she called to her to strike a conversation. "What's up?"

"I'm good, just a little worried you didn't showed up this morning."

"Uh, yeah. I was in our house last night, it was kinda far so, yeah."

"Ah, I heard so."

"You heard? From who?" Bridgette asked. She don't remember telling anyone that she has gone home.

"Tachibana senpai said he called you last night," Emi said coldly. "He told me to tell you that he needs to see you." Silence enveloped them, like everything has turned to become awkward. Bridgette stepped closer to Emi.

"You are jealous." she said to her, smiling as she held her hand. "You are jealous, right?"

"I am not."

"Yes you are." They both fell silent again.

"What should I do?" Bridgette asked. Emi stopped sweeping and looked at her. A cold wind slightly blow at them, scattering the swept leaves again. The girls just ignore it.

"I don't know what I should do with Ren."

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

"Hey, can anyone dust the erasers?"

"I'll do it." Seiran volunteered. It was his turn for cleaning, and he wasn't really expected to do some chores. Everyone was like 'are you sure?', 'don't bother yourself', and many other things, making him look like a lazy rich kid.

"You sure, Mizuki?"

"Yeah. I'm dead bored in here, might as well I help." And he was handed with two chalkdust-filled erasers.

Now, how do I do this?

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

"Why?" Emi asked. She knows that Bridgette's answer to her question yesterday was a lie. Ren had been closed to her since she transferred, and their attraction to each other was obvious right from the beginning.

"You know that I had not spoken the truth... About my feelings."

"Yes."

Bridgette sighed. She stared at the leaves at her feet, then started sweeping them again. The school ground was silent except for the distant shoutings of the practicing cheerleaders.

"Are you in love with someone else? Say... Tachibana senpai?" Emi asked when her friend didn't replied to her.

"I can't judge my feelings. I like them, I like everyone. But Ren and Aki san were different..."

"Is it because they give you much atten-"

"Because together... together they looked like that one guy I really like."

Emi just stared at her, confused with what she's saying.

Together they look like that one guy I really like...

Bridgette just continued sweeping, and put all the dried leaves by the can. She didn't mind Emi's staring, doing nothing at all. It seems to her that she was shocked by the fact that she might also like Aki.

"So, you like someone else?"

"Imma put this in the incinerator. See you in our classroom." Bridgette said, lifting the can off the ground. "Hey, you sure you're okay with the incinerator?"

"Yeah. I like it. It's warm." She started to walk away from her.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

Damn it!

Seiran couldn't stop coughing whenever he clapped the blackboard erasers in his hands. Chalkdust all went up to his face, and he's beginning to hate doing it.

He clapped the erasers once again, giving another massive dust to his face. Seiran put up his arm against it as he coughed.

"You shouldn't bang it together at eye level, obviously, dust will go straight into your face." Seiran put his arm down and look at the person who had spoken to him. He was by the window, and the building was a bit elevated, making him much higher than the speaker.

"Try clapping it together a little lower," Bridgette said, staring at him. "It's common sense, though." Seiran blushed at the sight of her. Not because of his embarrassment with her mocking him, but because her eyes burns to him like he had seen it somewhere else.

"Shut up! Don't tell me what to do!" He yelled at her. She just smiled at him. "You were dumb even with this stuff, hmm?"

"Warukatta na. I don't do these stuff at home." Seiran said to her, indicating his status.

"So do I. I bet nobody have giant blackboards in their houses. But I know how to do such things." Seiran frowned. For all he knew, Bridgette was living in an expensive flat, but it didn't occurred to him that she might be a socialite as much as he is.

Seiran then lowered the erasers and vigorously clapped them, making all its dust went straight to Bridgette, which made her cough.

"Ah, true enough, it's better this way." He then repeated clapping the erasers, not noticing Bridgette's coughing.

"Teme! You did that on purpose!" Seiran was surprised to hear Bridgette's angry voice. He just realised that she was standing there.

"It's your fault for standing there!"

"Hidoi!"

"Whatever." Seiran smiled, seeing Bridgette's annoyance. She could also be cute that way.

She started to walk away from his window, feet stomping while carrying a trash can full of leaves. She looked back at him with a frown, then flipped her hair with her hands. Seiran smiled to see an annoyed Bridgette.

Maybe I met her in some of the parties I had attended, he thought as he watched her walked.

He was about to leave when he heard a sound of can being dropped. Instinctively, he went back by the window to checked on Bridgette. He found himself looking at her trying to keep her skirt from flapping as the wind blows. Unfortunately for Bridgette, she hadn't covered her behind, revealing her undergarments to Seiran.

Surprised with the unexpected scene, Seiran immediately hid behind the window and sat below it before she could turn around. He's breathing a little faster, his heart joining the Grand Prix. He told himself to calm down.

"Oi Mizuki, daijobu ka?" his classmate asked. "Your face is so red."

"Heiki dayo." Seiran replied. "Don't mind me." He then closed his eyes; it wasn't his first time to accidentally see a girl's underwear, but this time it's different.

He peeked on the curtain to check if she's still there. Bridgette was picking some of the dried leaves scattered from the can, ocassionally looking at his direction, as if she knew he's watching.

"She's really dangerous." Seiran muttered to himself, blushing. "Purple, huh?"

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

Bridgette sighed as she's walking to the school gate with Emi. Aimi always have her tennis practice that she almost never hanged out with them.

"I wonder if he saw me..."

"Who?" Emi asked her. Bridgette was thinking out loud, anxious that Seiran might've taken a glimpse of her underwear. She did a facepalm in response to Emi.

"Who are you going home with?"

"I don't know..." She then found herself staring at Aki, who's staring back at her. Beside him stands Seiran, his face kinda red, lips curling in a smirk. Bridgette smiled at him.

"Yo, Tanaka." Seiran greeted Emi, completely ignoring Bridgette. Instead of getting herself annoyed, she pretended to be smiling at Aki.

She stopped smiling when she realised that she sees another person in him. Another student council president in spectacles.

She had never thought of him resembling Aki, despite the fact that she sees his face almost everywhere. It started when Aki began calling her by her first name; she imagined it was that person calling him.

"Shall we go?" Aki asked her, his dark eyes staring at her. She had successfully repelled Ren by telling him that she wasn't in the mood to go home with him today, and it would be unfair to him if she had gone home with Aki instead.

"Gomen Aki san, Emi and I are going to the mall today."

"Eh?" Emi exclaimed, surprised by her statement. Seiran looked at Bridgette, who seems to be avoiding him.

"Then we'll go with you," Seiran answered. Bridgette grabbed Emi's arms, linking her elbows with hers.

"You sure not want to see me trying on panties, do you?" Bridgette said to Seiran, an annoyed tone was obvious in her voice. Blood rushed to his face, remembering that piece of fabric she's wearing.

"Why would I want to see you in your underwear? You're ugly to start with."

"Shut up Mizuki! It's rude to call a girl ugly!" Aki said, frowning at Seiran. "Fine!" he replied. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward.

"Mizuki senpai, you always tease Bridgette. Do you... like her?" Emi asked. Seiran stared at her as if she's speaking an alien language. Aki looked at him uneasily, waiting for his answer.

"Sore wa-"

"I get it. You don't have to quantify on how much you hate me, I don't care anyway! Let's go Emi, we've got tons to talk about."

Bridgette marched down the road when Seiran grabbed her hand. She pulled it before he could even speak and continued to walk without glancing back even once. Emi followed her, waving goodbye to Aki.

"Baka..." she said as she wipe that one tear before it dropped from her eyes.

♩ ♪ ♬ ♪ ♩ A/N ♩ ♪ ♬ ♪ ♩

Yahoi! Minna genki?

I thought I wouldn't be able to update this week, but at least I did it! Might reduce my updating frequency to once a week, but I guess it's okay.

I changed the cover, and before anyone asks, the art isn't my hands. Just can't draw him the way I wanted to, unlike the preceding photo.

Mata atode minna! Enjoy reading TPR! Love lots! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 1.3K 61
Grayson is one more teenager who announced trouble by mere looks, breaking every rule on his path with a home he dreaded returning to after school an...
2M 56.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
3.5M 93.9K 58
Astrid has never stepped out her house. She didn't know that her parents hitting her wasn't right. She always thought that's how it works. So what ha...
547K 6.7K 93
"Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal tersebut me...