Time and Destiny

By moniven_

"You cannot do this! Let me go" I shrieked as I saw him approach me. "There is no escape from me and you know... More

Before you Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
A/N
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45

Chapter 4

8.5K 253 80
By moniven_

A slightly longer chapter (2225 words)
Please bear with me :/

Nova

Jane hesitated.
I could see it in her eyes that she was internally battling whether to agree to me or not.

"Jane, please" I begged "I don't know but I feel that I can trust you. I give you my word that our conversation would be within the walls of this room"
She sighed and said "As you wish, your Highness"
"Who is Sebastian Miller?" I questioned.
I honestly don't know why I wanted to know about this guy. But I need information on the princess so this question might be a good start.

"He was the best warrior of the Kingdom, and your bodyguard. You both were in love with each other" she said and looked at my face for any change in emotions, but there was none.
"What happened next?"
"When the King and the Queen found out about this, they were outraged. The King announced your wedding with King Jacob of Narveria. The following night you packed and left the Kingdom with Sebastian"
"How long was I gone for?"
"For three months, your Highness"
"Does that mean now that I am back, will the wedding take place?" I asked nervously
"No, not at all your Highness. The King and the Queen were grief stricken after you left. Every day they sent guards to look for you. They swore to never force you into marrying anyone again" she reassured.
"Oh that's great. I mean..I'm happy to hear that"
"It not all happy news, my princess. King Jacob is dead" she said downheartedly.

She clutched her hands close to her chest and continued "King Nicholas has taken over Narveria. Last unconquered Kingdom in the entire land is Elysian. But now he's coming for us too. He...he will kill us all, he'll burn the entire land"
Her eyes filled with tears and fear. I hugged her and said "Shh, don't cry. I'm sure we'll figure it out"
She gave a small smile and said "Thank you, your Highness"
"Tell me more about this King Nicholas. What if the King arranges a political marriage with Arcane to save Elysian?" Her eyes widened when I asked that question.

I needed to know what would become of me, if the worst situation comes up.
"God forbid, the King would never do that, your Highness. King Nicholas is a monster without a heart. He would never trade you to The Devil, but rather surrender willingly and give up the Kingdom to save us all"

It seems like the King and the Queen really loved the princess. She's lucky to have such great parents who love her, but she's foolish to have left them. I would do anything to get my parents back from dead.

"It's late your Highness, you should get some sleep"
"Agreed, and Jane please don't curtsy. At least when no one's here to see. I consider you my friend and friends don't do that"
"Your Highness, I'm honoured but I-" I cut her off by saying
"No buts, please just don't do that. I'm not used to that"
"Very well your Highness, Goodnight then" she smiled and left.

I quickly changed into a nightgown which I found in the closet. I got under the covers and closed my eyes. With countless thoughts running in my head I didn't know when I drifted off into a deep slumber.

Four days had passed since the messenger of Arcane came. There was no other news regarding the arrival of the devil, King Nicholas. A lot other things had happened.

One morning I requested the King and the Queen to let me out of the castle for a while.
"Absolutely no. Bella dear, we can't lose you again" said the Queen
"Please, mother. I promise I won't run. I'll take the guards and Jane with me and I just want to explore the city. So please allow me" I begged
"Fine dear, but be back before sunset. And be careful out there" said the King
"Thank you father, and mother I'll be back in no time" I assured them.

Mission: Get out of the castle was successful. I was doing an internal victory dance. I told Jane to accompany me, to which she agreed. I met the guards outside who were appointed to go with me. They showed me my horse.

Fortunately I knew how to ride a horse. Me and Luke used to spend many summers at the country club where we took classes on this.

So we set out at the direction which led towards the woods.

If you are thinking I'm planning on running away you are wrong. I had no intention of doing that, not right now. I just need to go to the outskirts of Olympus, inside Kalmon woods. The exact spot where I woke up on my first night here.

Why am I doing this? It's because I believe that when I was sucked in the wormhole, it was not just me but everything and every object in my Magic room was sucked along with me because the attractive forces were too strong. If my equipment, notes, tools, gadgets and power source devices were sucked in, then I can retrieve them. Me getting out of here becomes more easy.

After a while, we reached the woods. I vaguely remember the path, so I followed my instincts. We went deeper in the woods, and my guess was correct. I found my notebook first. Jane and the guards followed closely behind.

Jane asked me what the strange objects lying on the ground were. I lied to her that they were souvenirs from different kingdoms and I had lost them on my way back. I asked her to help me find and collect them. I ordered the guards to do the same and they complied. The perks of being a princess, impressive isn't it?

Before sunset we returned to the castle and repeated the process of coming back here again the next morning. This continued for the next three days.

Today we searched again and retrieved the last of the items. We have found most of them by now. I was quite happy and contented for the first time since I came here. We went back to the castle shortly. My happiness didn't last long when I saw the King. He was holding a scroll of paper in one hand and he had a horrified expression on his face.

I went closer to him and asked "Are you alright? Father?"
"He is coming tomorrow, and he's.. he's bringing his army along with him" he replied shakily.
"He? King Nicholas? Why is he bringing an army? We said no to war, then why?"
"Bella, that means only one thing. He's wants to wage a war" he said seriously
"I'm sure we can negotiate, or come up with a plan. Maybe he just wants to instill fear in our minds by bringing an army"
"Maybe, but we must be prepared. Tomorrow you cannot go out of the castle, and you have to stay in your chambers all time and let me and your mother deal with him, Alright?"
"Father, as the future Queen I won't hide in my chambers, I will stay by your side" I stated firmly
"As a King I'm proud of you, but as a father I'm scared and worried dear"
"We are in this together, so don't worry father we'll get through this" I assured him.
He smiled and nodded.
"I have some work to do, I'll see you at dinner, my Bella" he kissed my forehead and left.

I went upstairs to my chamber. Jane had already brought all of my equipment and stuff upstairs. I also made her promise me not to tell the King and the Queen about the souvenirs, she reluctantly agreed.

I noted down the stuff I recovered. I had my maxquanta device, essential laboratory equipment, space-time related tools, safety goggles and some other stuff along with my inventions.

I even had fart bombs. I can maybe use it on King Nicholas tomorrow. Hmm, now that sounds tempting. Soon it was dinner time and I went downstairs. The King and the Queen looked worried and tense. Even the servants and the maids looked frightened. I hated him already.

After dinner I went to my chambers and did some calculations. I wasn't getting it right. It annoyed the hell out of me. My mind wasn't clear because of that asshole of a King, who may or may not kill everyone of us tomorrow.
Exhausted, I went to bed early and as soon as I closed my eyes, sleep overcame me.

I woke up to Jane calling my name.
"Your Highness, you need to get ready quickly. The Queen demands your presence"

Damn! I overslept. I needed to hurry, he may come anytime now. I rubbed my eyes, stretched my hands and yawned as I got out of the bed. Not a lady like behaviour, I know but I don't give a damn.
I scurried towards the bathhouse took a quick bath. Jane has laid out few outfits for me to choose. I choose a light pink gown which had a v neck. Jane quickly did my hair and gave me my tiara and when I was ready I went downstairs.

A guard told me that the King and the Queen were in the court room. I knew the directions because Jane had given me a tour beforehand. I entered the court room where I was met by a very anxious King and Queen. The Queen was sitting on a plush cushioned seat, where as the King was pacing back and forth around the room.

"I received another message, it says he'll be here shortly" said the King.
"I just hope everything goes smoothly" the Queen pondered.
"Bella, You missed breakfast. Better go get something to eat. You need strength to go through this day" said the King.
"Yes, father" I said and continued "Can I go to the library after breakfast?"
"Of course dear, but be here as soon as you receive the message of arrival of King Nicholas, which I'll be sending through a guard"
"Of course father, I'll see you guys in a bit" I said and went towards the dining room.

After breakfast I strolled towards the library. That was the only unexplored place in the castle and I was curious to see what books it had. I wasn't going to sit around and panic like others. I opened the doors of the library. It was a medium sized room with few shelves. I took a book from a shelf and went through it, I took another and a few more.

All these books were about politics, the Kingdoms in the land, the Royal etiquettes and demeanour and other boring stuff. I searched and found one book which was about ancient medicine. At last something interesting I thought. I was immersed in reading, and I didn't realise how long I had been in that room. I exited the library after taking four more books.

I was carelessly walking around the corridor trying to hold the books in place as I stumbled upon a hard surface and all the books scattered around the place. I looked up a saw it was a man. Not just any man, a breathtakingly attractive man.

He was very tall, over 6'4" and had a well defined sculpted face with a light stubble. His hair was jet black and carelessly ruffled. His eyes, his eyes were silver and mesmerizing. He was very beautiful.

Shut up brain, he's just a guy, and stop reacting weirdly I said to myself. He looked at me with his piercing eyes, and kept staring at me without any expression on his face.
"Watch where you're going, woman" he said in a low, rude voice.
"No need to be rude mister, who do you think you are?" I shot back.

He took a few steps closer towards me and his cold eyes were still on me. There was only few inches of distance left between us. It was intimidating and I was effected by his presence when he was this close. I tried to be as calm as possible and show no fear.

"You dare ask me who I am?" he growled anger evident on his face.
"Step back, or you won't like the consequences of disrespecting the princess" I said quickly.

He did step back. His eyes gazed up and down my whole body and he smirked, which made me feel self conscious as hell. I wanted to punch his perfect face for making me feel these weird feelings. He walked away without saying another word.

I collected the books scattered on the floor. Just then a guard came and bowed saying "Your Highness, King Nicholas has arrived. Your presence is requested in the court room"

I walked towards the courtroom. My palms were sweaty and I was nervous. Today the fate of this Kingdom will be decided. I entered the room and my breath got caught up in my throat.

The man I just ran into was none other than King Nicholas.

<Picture above is Nova in Kalmon woods>

Chapter 6 or 7 will be in Nicholas' pov
Things are about to get interesting ;)

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!! (Yes I'm being greedy lol, but I need motivation, got it?)

(Not edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199 0 28
In the 23rd century, where timetravel became possible, chaos insued, and the history of humanity is in danger, but in that chaos came the timekeepers...
4.4K 158 33
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
285 104 23
In the beginning, our universe was dark and cold, with no life. Until the creator of the outerverse, Nova, breathed life into existence, bringing bal...
14.1K 141 17
Mature content 18+ only "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take things in my hand." He growle...