𝐬𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐢�...

SWReed

2nd Place in Romance Spring 2021 Seasonal Contests A Sidney Crosby FanFiction . A 25 year old girl takes an i... Еще

|PROLOGUE|
|Model or Intern?|
|Yellow Crocs and Tube Socks|
|Not A Lunch Date|
|Sherlock and Peaky Blinders|
|Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair, and The Post Gazette|
|The King of Penguins Hockey|
|Jealousy|
|Sweater Dress|
|Hockey Fights Cancer|
|Thanksgiving with The Lemieux Family|
|Jolly Holiday In A One Horse Open Sleigh|
|Brianna and Jakey|
|Sydney and Sidney|
|Secret Santa|
|Little Pens Christmas Photo Album|
|Mistletoe Merrymaking|
|Pens Christmas Photo Album|
|Playlist|

|Stalker?|

254 5 5
SWReed

That night when Bri and I got home, I made cheesy potatoes in a crockpot with some spices and a giant salad.

The two of us were discussing our day and I failed to mention my encounter with Sidney Crosby because it was embarrassing.

I also brought up the fact that I wasn't being paid, so I wanted to pick up a job somewhere to help pay for the bills but Bri refused. She insisted that it would be fine without me working but I decided that I would still look for a job while doing my internship.

That night, after Bri had gone to sleep, I called up Barnes and Noble near the arena, leaving a voicemail on their machine since I saw they were looking for some more help.

The next morning the two of us woke up and brushed our teeth together like usual before going to get dressed. Today I was wearing a puffed sleeved ivory-colored sweatshirt, a tan plaid mini skirt, with black velvet open toe block heels, and my black Micheal Kors rectangular purse.

Bri was wearing an oversized Guns N Roses t-shirt with mom jeans and black Vans.

Today was a bit colder than yesterday because Fall was coming soon.

Before leaving the apartment, I fed Juno, grabbed all my filled out papers, my binder, and my ID badge, letting it dangle down from my neck. Bri grabbed her suitcase and camera bag before she grabbed her keys.

The two of us walked downstairs and over to the coffee shop where Dotty was waiting for us. She gave us our morning coffee before we chatted about work yesterday. She was quite excited to see my ID badge and my smiling face on the front of it.

After getting our morning coffee and chatting with Dotty, we were off to work. Bri pulled the car around to the staff and player parking spots on the shady side of the building.

"This is normally where we all park," She then pulled into a parking spot next to my dream car. "And this is my spot." She elongated her words

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! There's my dream car!" I squeaked, violently tapping the window.

"The Rover?" Bri parked her car, taking the keys out.

"Yeah! It's a 2010 Range Rover Sport in Stornoway Grey!" I snapped my head from Bri to the car.

Bri laughed, "I swear you love those cars too much."

"I really do." The two of us got out of the car. On my side I opened the door cautiously, being extra careful not to hit the backseat door of the car. Then I went to the backseat door of Bri's car, also being careful not to hit the car while getting my papers and binder out.

The two of us walked side by side, using our ID badges to enter the back door.

The wheels on Bri's "portable office" clicked on the floor as it changed from carpet giant carpet squares to smooth floors, "So I'll be in the locker room with the guys and you know how to find Andy from here, right?" She raised her brow, stopping dead in her tracks to look at me.

I had to take a moment to remember where Andy's office was, "Yup, I think so." Then I nodded my head with a closed mouth smile painting my face.

"K, I'll see ya in a few." Bri continued on her way, drinking her morning coffee in one hand while her other was pulling her "portable office".

I went straight to Andy's office, thankfully I remembered where it was, before knocking on the open door. Andy was sitting at his monitor typing something when I knocked.

Andy looked up, "Oh, it's you, good morning," He nodded. "Please come in." He gestured me inside.

"Thank you." I then started getting out my papers.

"I assume you have a few things for me?" Andy finished typing on his computer before getting up, watching me pull out the contract papers for the equipment and other papers of importance.

Smiling, "Yes, I do," I continued to find the papers and contracts I signed last night before bed. "And here you go." I elongated my words as I found the last paper, handing them to Andy who skimmed them over, flipping through them with his thumb.

"Seems everything is in order and signed," He then set the stack of papers on his desk before showing me over to the equipment. "Here's your very own camera," Andy then handed me a camera bag, with the camera and smaller lenses inside. "And your suitcase. Chargers, microphones, bigger lenses, USB cords, SD cards, company MacBook, and everything you'll be needing. Your computer I already set up and made an account for you, with your password on a sticky note on your computer lid." Andy bent down unzipping my suitcase, showing me everything inside before closing it again. He then extended the handle, setting the case upright, handing it to me.

Nodding my head, "Thank you." I then took the handle of my "portable office" from Andy.

He clapped his hands together, before looking down at his watch, "Everyone but us, should be in the locker room right now, let's head on down so I can give new assignments." Andy and I then walked out of his office together and down to the locker room. Bri and a few other guys and girls were snapping photos of the guys getting into their practice gear for their on-ice workout.

Bri was over taking pictures of the four goalies when Tristan looked up.

"Hey, Syd!" He waved, making all three of the goalies look my way, including Bri who smiled at me.

Breaking away from Andy, I trotted over the group in my heels, "Hey guys."

"Now it's official! You finally one of us!" Bri squeaked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before shaking me somewhat.

"Now you're in trouble! You in the big house with the big boys!" Kris came up behind my, picking me up off the floor slightly, his hands wrapped around my hips.

I squeaked, "Jesus Kris! Put me down, you trouble maker!" And squirmed in his grasp before he set me down on my feet.

I then whipped around, slapping him in the gut where he wasn't wearing pads. He made an oof sound, playing hurt, before standing up straight, putting his hands on his hips, staring down at me.

"Still giving me a run for my money?" He raised a brow, examining my outfit.

"Is that even a question?"

Bri added herself into the conversation, "She's not gonna give up, Kris." She then laughed.

"Of course she's not!" He then ruffled my straightened hair at the top of my head.

"Stop," I groaned while laughing. "It literally took me so long to get my hair straight and not frizzy this morning," I then ran my fingers through my hair, combing through it to make it go back to normal. "Go get ready!" I playfully scolded, pointing to his jersey that was hanging up at his spot.

Once all the guys were out of the locker room, Andy had us gathered around him, "Now listen up guys!" Me and Bri stopped our quiet chattering, turning out attention to Andy. "I'm sure you've all been aware that we have an intern, Miss Reed," He gestured to me with his hand. I stepped forward for everyone to see me and I gave a big smile and wave to everyone, some smiled and waved back, others just smiled, and others just scrunched their faces at me. "And that means we have to change assignments." Then I stepped back next to Bri, continuing to listen to Andy.

"What does he mean by change assignments?" I whispered to Bri under my breath.

"Whenever we get someone new we have to change assignments to fit everyone," Bri replied back, also under her breath.

"Ok, Jade and Thomas will not only still be editing, but you will also be assigned the four goalies, Murray, Jarry, DeSmith, D'Orio, and Larmi. Andrea and Briar, you will be assigned everyone on defense Czuczman, Riikola, Ruhwedel, Joseph, Pettersson, Dumoulin, and Lindgren. Jamie and Jessica will take left and right-wing, Marleau, Sheary, Lafferty, McCann, Simon, Angello, and Varone. I will take the liberty of taking Letang, Johnson, and Marino. Lizzi gets Reese, Tanev, and Zucker. Amanda gets Hörnqvist, Rust, and Kasperi," Andy then looked over at Bri. "Bri, you will be switched from Crosby to Guentzel and Sydney you will be taking Mr. Crosby-"

"Wait! No! I can't take Bri's spot!" I protested, sweating slightly at the fact I was getting Sidney Crosby for my assignment.

"The big boss wants to see what you can do, so you get what you get," Andy said sternly. "Then Geno will be shared by the three of us," Andy gestured to himself, Bri, and I. "K, let's get to gettin'!" Andy shooed everyone out of the locker room, following behind the big group of photographers while Bri and I gathered our gear.

The two of us were kneeled down on the carpet, packing away our smaller lenses and getting out our long-distance lenses, before zipping up our suitcases. We walked shoulder to shoulder with our cases dragging behind us, our camera bag hanging from our necks, and cameras in our open freehand.

"God I can't do this!" I groaned, throwing my head back while walking through the tunnel with Bri.

Bri scoffed, "Oh shut up, yes you can!" She elbowed me in the arm. "Besides, you get a snack to look at."

My eyes went wide as I imagined Sidney Crosby shirtless which made my eyes go wide, "Brianna!" I scolded, snapping my head to look at her in embarrassment with my lips scrunched up. She was laughing her ass off at my reaction. "Not funny," I said sternly, rolling my eyes as I looked forward, but I bit my lip afterward. "Besides! You have a snack of your own to drool over." Reminding Bri she stopped laughing.

"Ya, I know, I'm practically doing backflips in my stomach." Her voice jumped a few octaves.

Coming through the tunnel, my eyes squinted at the bright lights. Everyone was already out snapping pictures of the guys doing their workout on the ice. Bri led the way, with me closely behind her where we went behind the benches.

The two of us put our suitcases on the floor behind us before unzipping the lid, taking out our MacBooks and spare SD cards. The two of us then walked down the bleachers to the little holes in the glass for cameras to fit through. Bri picked the closest one to her while I went to the one a bit further down from her.

I took the cap off my lens before turning on the camera and looking through the pathfinder, trying to find Sidney Crosby in the sea of jerseys. When I found him, he was laughing, showing all of his teeth, which made my heart skip beats, while skating around with Geno and Kris.

For most of the day, I was following Sidney around on the ice, snapping pictures, occasionally going back to my laptop to look at the pictures, and junk the blurry ones.

The pictures I was currently looking at were ones of him weaving around in between cones, practicing his stickhandling with a puck. His face looked so serious and concentrated like nothing I've ever seen before in my entire life.

After swapping out my SD cards, I went back to snapping pictures of Sidney Crosby. I bent down to fit my lens through the hole in the glass, when my SD card slipped out of my hand, landing by my foot. Taking my camera out of the hole, looking down, I picked up the SD card.

My forehead banged against the wood ledge where the sideboards met the glass, making me let out a yelp in pain. I rubbed and winced as I went to put my camera lens in the hole.

"Damn it," I grumbled as I snapped more pictures of Sidney.

He was once again laughing while showing lots of teeth. He was watching Geno skate in front of him, moving his head to follow him before looking straight forward at me. I snapped a few pictures before my stomach sank, his smile faded slightly as he moved his head around to try and catch a glimpse of my face but I just ducked behind the boards so he wouldn't notice me. I then started duck waddling over to Bri all while trying to stay hidden, which was failing because I glanced over at Sidney who stood with his one leg in front of him with the back edge of his skate digging into the ice, with his one hand on his hip. Geno, Jake, and Kris at his sides also watching me. Bri was laughing her ass off once again, almost making her tip over and roll around on the ground.

"Shut up! I'm trying to duck waddle in a mini skirt!" I whisper scolded while still trying to secretly duck waddle over to Bri with my camera in my hand.

Bri crouched down to my level, "Are you doing alright there, Syd?" Bri said in between laughs with her hands on her thighs.

"No, I am not ok! Captain Crosby spotted me!" I duck waddled last her all the way to the stands where my stuff was behind the benches before standing up, gathering my belongings, and going back through the tunnel to the locker room.

Bri followed behind me, practically running after me with everything she had while the guys could be heard coming into the tunnel because they were all loud and full of chatter.

I unpacked my things facing the corner, swapping my lens and my SD cards. I was trying to take my time so Sidney wouldn't see me.

I turned my head to hear footsteps coming my way, "What are you doing?" Bri said in between laughs, placing her hand on her hips before sitting down and doing the same as me.

"I don't want Sidney to see me because we had an awkward encounter yesterday."

"What?! You had an awkward encounter and you didn't tell me!?" Bri whispered.

Throwing my hands in the air, "It was really awkward, ok!" I turned to face Bri who was cleaning the glass on her lens.

The guys all walked in, took all their pads and gear off before hopping in the showers. Some of the guys came out in casual clothes or shirtless with wet hair. Their designated photographers started taking pictures of them.

Even though some of these guys have wives some of the female photographers were practically drooling and tipping over from them. I could practically see the stars in their eyes and the hearts above their heads.

Bri and I walked over to Geno and Jake together. We chatted with each other while snapping pictures of the two guys.

"Oh my God, there he is." I heard a girl mumble from behind me which made me turn around to see who they were talking about.

Sidney walked through the door of the locker room. His hair all wet and strands sticking to his forehead making it look more black then chocolate brown.

Once again he had his yellow Crocs and tube socks on with his windbreaker jacket and matching windbreaker sweats. He was ruffling his wet hair with a baseball cap in his hand.

"God he is hot." I heard another girl mumble while staring at the tall captain.

Sidney scrunched his face slightly, "Are you following me?" He pointed a finger at me.

Looking around, "Me?" I pointed to myself. "No, I just am a fangirl who snuck in here, stole a camera, and fake an ID following you around."

He chuckled slightly at my sarcasm before his eyes looked at something on my face, "What's with the red line on your forehead?"

"Oh! Yeah! Aw!" I rubbed my forehead. "I ran into the door on my way in." Fibbing my red mark, Bri coughed slightly.

"No you hit your head taking pictures of Sid and you dropped your SD card." She mumbled under her breath, leaning towards me as she looked to the floor.

"Just go with it," I fake coughed, leaning towards Bri. "Yeah, I'll be fine tho, no need to worry." I waved my hand at him, reassuring him that I was alright

Sidney just nodded his head, "Sid! This is my best friend slash roommate slash sister slash coworker-"

I cut Bri off, holding out my hand, "I'm Sydney Reed. S-Y." I spelled out,

He shook my hand, "What a small world, another me." He beamed.

"Sid," Bri looked from me to Sidney. "Sydney is gonna be taking your photos now. I got switched to Jake." His gaze switched from me to Bri.

"Oh, really?" He raised his brow, looking back to me. "Well, you're just gonna have to get my good side." I could tell he was teasing me a little bit because there was a smirk playing on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.

My lips let out a schoolgirl laugh, then turned to Bri, "Which side is his good side?" I whispered to her.

"His right." She whispered back.

Turning back to Sidney, I smiled again, "Expect me to be "stalking" you around everywhere you go."

"So "stalker", your saying I have to get used to seeing your face every day?" Sidney teased again.

Laughing nervously, "Yeah, get used to seeing this," I pointed to my face, circling it, "Ugly face every day." I closed my eyes and slightly scrunched my face.

"Shut up!" Bri scolded, slapping my arm.

Wincing from the pain, "Jesus Bri." I mumbled.

"Don't worry, I'll enjoy having you "stalk"," He raised his fingers in the air, quoting himself. "Me every day."

The two of us laughed, tilting our heads towards each other, "I didn't know he was this funny." I mumbled.

A phone started going off nearby, I knew it wasn't Bri's phone or my phone. Sidney looked down towards his pockets and took out his phone which was ringing.

"Excuse me," He nodded to both of us before answering his phone. "Hey babe," My face dropped when he said those words. "Did ya like my gift?" He paused and laughed. "Yeah, I knew you'd love it, so, hey, are we still on for dinner tonight in The Strip?" He paused once again. "Great! Great! Love you too babe. Bye, bye love you too," He smiled before hanging up the phone. "I'm sorry for cutting this short, Miss "Stalker". I will see you two tomorrow."

"Bye!" The two of us girls said in unison before Sidney grabbed his belongings, put his Penguins baseball cap on his head, and left.

Before Sidney left, I managed to sneak a picture of him which made the corners of my lips curl up.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

love on the ice josiwrites22

Любовные романы

17.6K 299 21
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
Steel Beth

Детектив / Триллер

258 21 13
Jack the Ripper has moved from London to Pittsburgh. A serial killer of unknown identity emerges in the Burgh in the summer of 2020. They go on a ram...
165K 2.1K 25
Small stories about being Mrs. Crosby. This probably won't be one continuous story, but more like a book of little events. Hope you enjoy it! Random...
4K 24 52
Emmeline (Emme) Saxon moves to Pittsburgh from Maine after graduating from UMaine to become an ice girl for the Penguins. Ice girls are now required...