Lured (Book 4) The Brazil We...

By AmandaPenn

After the death of her sister, Nadia Scarrett has looked forward to returning to her hometown of Timbly Mount... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One-Meetings
Chapter Two-The Secrets of Timbly Mountain
Chapter Three-Eli
Chapter Four-Protection
Chapter Five- Dreams and Beckoning
Chapter Six-Addiction
Chapter Eight-A Promise Made
Chapter Nine-Familiar Faces
Chapter Ten-Secrets
Chapter Eleven-Wedding Bliss
Chapter Twelve-Wedding Night
Chapter Thirteen-Eva
Chapter Fourteen-The Truth About Jaelle
Chapter Fifteen-The Darkest Revenge
Chapter Sixteen-Resurrections
Chapter Seventeen-Eva's Final Blow
Epilogue
Tempted (Book 5) The Brazil Werewolf Series

Chapter Seven-When the Blood Runs Cold

151 16 1
By AmandaPenn

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  I am trying to finish the books on my roster.  Right now, I am focusing one book at a time, partly due to Caronavirus forcing adjustments to my schedule and homeschool for my children.  So, my focus is completely on this book until its completion.  So, please make sure to check every day if I've uploaded a chapter.  I will be uploading two today, possibly three.  I hope you enjoy them.  If you do, please consider voting, comments are awesome and as always, I adore all of you.  

-XXXX Amanda

**********  

Tamas led me into the party with my hand still wrapped in his. I smiled when Mirella began to dance as soon as she was in the crowd, laughing as she did. I realized how wonderful her laughter was as it tinkled around us. Tamas pulled me closer to him as he led me to a table where Lilly, Aurora and Mary Jane sat. Aurora held a beautiful little girl who shared the same silver eyes as her. Her hair had the same mixture of brown, black and blonde as Tamas. She was around two years old. I wondered if this child was the one that would be betrothed to Pesha.

Aurora saw my interest in her and smiled, "This is Ruby," she said, proudly, "She is my daughter."

"She's beautiful," I said and the little girl smiled up at me as if she appreciated the compliment. I tilted my head as I studied her wondering if she would become my sister-in-law in the future, "Did my parents approach you about a betrothal?"

"Yes," Aurora said, kissing her little girl's forehead, "It seems our family's bond will be unbreakable with not one but two marriages."

I smiled as I reached forward and caressed the little girl's cheek, "It already is."

"Where is Andre, Luc and Marco?" Tamas asked, grinning, "I want to introduce Nadia to them."

Aurora pointed toward the bonfire and Tamas tugged my hand after thanking her. I waved farewell to the women who I had grown so close to in just a few days. We moved closer to the bonfire, finding a group of men talking in a circle.

The first to notice us had the same mixture of brown, black and blonde hair as Tamas but his eyes were shaded caramel brown with striations of sea green. He was tall and muscular. He resembled Tamas so much that he gave me a glimpse of what he would look like in a few years.

"This is my oldest brother, Andre," Tamas said, shaking his brother's hand, "He's married to Aurora."

"I just met your daughter," I said, smiling, "She's beautiful."

Andre's chest puffed out proudly, "Yes, she is," he said, "It's nice to have you here, Nadia."

"Thank you," I said as he patted my shoulder.

The next man had hair the darkest black imaginable. He was tall and muscled with a square face and straight nose. He shared eyes the same striking silver as Gavriel.

"I'm Marco," he said and grinned, "I'm Lilly's husband."

"It's nice to meet you," I said, "Your wives are wonderful."
"What do you think of mine?" The other man said turning and I gasped. This had to be Luc, Tamas' twin. At first, I could find no differences between them. It was unsettling until I noticed that Luc was an inch taller. When his eyes met mine, I saw that they were two shades of green and there was no white within the irises.

Luc smiled, "Did I scare you?" He asked, laughing at my expression of shock, "After all, I've been cursed to look like him. So, I would understand the fear that my appearance would cause."

"I don't think you resemble him at all," I said, grinning.

"Because I'm more handsome," Tamas added as he tugged my hand again, "I'm going to go find the brothers who are nicer than you."

"You won't find nicer than me and I'll ask Mary Jane who is more handsome," Luc called after him as Tamas chuckled.

"I am more handsome, right?" He asked, raising a brow as I blushed, "You don't have to answer. I believe your rising color tells me what you think."

"Hey, Bro!" Someone yelled, saving me from his observations and I sighed in relief.

My gaze moved upward as I found three more young men. The youngest was around fifteen with chocolate brown hair that curved around his ears and toward his olive-toned face. His eyes were wide and silver with long, thick lashes. He came up to Tamas and fist bumped him before grinning widely.

"This is my youngest brother, Stefan," He said as his little brother surprised me by hugging me in a way that made it seem as if I was a long lost friend who had returned instead of someone he had never met.

He pulled back and grinned displaying dimples in each cheek, "Welcome to the family."

I grinned, "Thank you."

He stood near me as a boy who had the build of a football player came up to us. His hair was a mixture of chocolate and brown and his eyes were an even deeper brown. His smile was open and friendly.

"Hi, I'm Luca," he said and then, glanced at his brother, "She's pretty...Too pretty for you."

"What are you talking about?" Tamas asked, "I'm gorgeous. You're the ugly duckling. You might want to fix that before your betrothed arrives in a couple of months."

An expression of panic reached Luca's eyes as his face turned a violent shade of scarlet, "Thanks for reminding me," Luca said.

"Thought you needed it," he said as Luca walked away, grumbling beneath his breath.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked, frowning as I watched him kick the dirt like a petulant child.

"He's got a girlfriend," he said, pointing his chin toward a girl with a too short skirt, "We tried to tell him not to do it but he didn't listen. He's always been that way...Rebellious. His betrothal will not be an easy one."

I bit my bottom lip as I glanced at him, "Did you have a girlfriend?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

"Not since I was thirteen," he said and shrugged, "I didn't see the point in hurting a girl or getting attached to someone I couldn't be with."

I nodded as I frowned. I suppose I should have been thankful but I was just sad for him. He had always been waiting for me...A girl he didn't know if he could love. I glanced up at him as he shifted, nervous.

"What about you?" He asked, frowning, "Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

I shook my head, "If a boy had even said hello, my parents would have made me run in the other direction."

His hand tightened around mine and his smile widened. I wondered at the change in his mood. His grin only widened more as a man with long black hair and silver eyes walked toward us. He smiled and I instantly felt safe.

"Hi, Nadia," he said, warmly, "Lilly and Aurora have told me so much about you. I'm Ion."

My eyes widened, pleased to meet the man who had taken the place of Emilian as Lilly and Aurora's father, "I've heard so much about you too. It is wonderful to meet you," I said, with immediate affection for him.

He grinned, "I hope what you were told was all good."

"It was," I said and he laughed as he gazed at Tamas, "Your parents are looking for you. You better get to them before Sophia explodes."

"I will," Tamas said, glancing around, "I just want to introduce her to Garridan first. Have you seen him?"

Ion pointed to the bonfire where some men were throwing more wood into the flames causing it to shoot up higher and higher into the night sky. We moved toward them until we found a man with long black hair. He turned to us displaying a handsome face. He had bright silver eyes but there were so much torture within them that my heart clenched.

"Garridan, this is my betrothed, Nadia," Tamas said, smiling.

Garridan smiled as he reached out his hand. I took it and he shook it in a firm grasp, "It's nice to meet you, Nadia," he said in a deep voice.

"It's nice to meet you too," I said, smiling, "I've heard so much about you."

Garridan winced, "I'm sure not all of it was pleasant," he said.

"It was pleasant. You saved Aurora," I said, smiling, "That was admirable. You came here and you broke away from an alpha that made you do horrible things...So, I've only heard things that made me respect you."

Garridan smiled, relieved and this time it reached his eyes, "Thank you."

I nodded as Sophia called for us over the crowd. I turned toward her and she smiled relieved, "I was beginning to think you two ran off."

"If you want us to elope, we can do that," Tamas said, grinning. Sophia's eyes narrowed.

"That's not funny," she said and then, glanced around, finding Gavriel, "It's time to announce your engagement."

Tamas grinned as he leaned toward me and tightened his hand around mine, "Time to be bound to me for all eternity," he said with raised brows.

"Oh the horror," I said as he chuckled and pulled me toward his parents so that I would be announced as his future bride.

**********

We stood in front of the bonfire with our parents. Pesha clung to me peeking around my legs every few moments at the crowd. Gavriel raised his glass as the roar of voices vanished in a gradual descent into silence. His voice boomed over them with jolly clarity.

"Tonight we have once again joined for a joyous occasion," Gavriel said, turning to me and Tamas, "Our fourth son will marry the gorgeous Nadia who is the daughter of our dear friends Sidney and Lila Scarrett. This will join our families together."

He winked at me and I blushed as he continued, "We welcome you, Nadia. You are our daughter by marriage and in our family that means you have our love and protection."

I opened my mouth to thank him but I was interrupted by the long, howl of a wolf. Tamas' hand tightened around mine causing pain to shoot up my arm. He glanced at me and loosened his grip as he pulled me to him wrapping his arm protectively around me. He stared into my face.

"Stay near me," he said, pulling me even closer to him, "Don't let go of my hand."

I nodded as the howls surrounded us getting louder and louder. A woman who resembled Aurora stepped into the field with a smirk on her face. Her eyes searched the area until they landed on Sophia and Gavriel.

"You aren't welcome here, Eva," Sophia said, meeting her gaze unafraid but I was terrified. There was something about this woman that screamed danger. She reminded me of a cobra who was dancing around her prey about to strike.

"Who is she?" I whispered to Tamas as I moved myself and Pesha closer to him.

"She's Emilian's sister," he said through gritted teeth, "Her name is Eva Grey."

My eyes widened. I suppose that explained her resemblance to Aurora. I turned back to her, studying her face as she laughed. She searched the crowd again and her eyes landed on Ion.

"Hello, big brother," she said, grinning widely and I inhaled with a sharpness that hurt my chest.

"Brother?" I whispered, confused.

"Ion is both Emilian and Eva's half-brother," He said, frowning, "He's the oldest and turned away from being alpha of the Grey wolves when his father died because of how evil they are. He chose to be in our family."

I turned back to Ion who was standing in front of Lilly and Aurora with their husbands, protecting them. He was their uncle but had become their father figure. Still, it explained his protective nature over them and why he had given up so much to protect Lilly.

Ion stared at Eva with nothing but hatred in his eyes. I wondered what she had done for such a kind and caring man to hate her so much especially since she was his blood.

"I suppose I should thank you for giving up your spot as alpha," she said with a crooked grin, "Our pack wouldn't do so well with someone as weak as you."

For the first time, it seemed as if he would speak to her but she moved on to Garridan before he could. She gave a sensual grin as she traced one sharp pointed fingertip across his jaw. Garridan's eyes narrowed and I had the distinct idea that he wanted to kill her.

Instead, Garridan tightened his hold on Mirella who stood behind him, trying to peek around his shoulder. Eva noticed her and her smile became malicious.

"Protecting a Brazil dog," she hissed through her teeth, "What has happened to you Garridan?"

"I came to my senses," he said as his face flushed a deep red. A muscle twitched beneath his eye and I sensed his wolf close.

She scoffed before giving him that sensual smile again, "You don't miss us," she said and pursed her lips as she purred, "You don't miss me?"

"He wouldn't miss a whore," Mirella said from behind him.

"Mirella," Garridan said through clenched teeth, "Don't say another word."

Eva's silver eyes narrowed, "Someone should teach her manners," she said and laughed, "Perhaps I'll have the chance to do that one day."

Garridan's growl reached my ears as she rolled her eyes, "So dramatic, Garridan."

"What do you want?" He asked as she turned to me. She moved toward me and I inhaled as Tamas pulled me against him.

"You must be Nadia," She said and laughed, "We've met before though I'm sure you don't recognize me."

I frowned and shook my head sure that she was lying, "No, we haven't," I said.

She grinned, "That's funny," she said as she gripped me pulling me from Tamas' grip before ripping my dress down the shoulder. The mark the werewolf gave me was exposed and I worked desperately to cover it up as she released me.

"That's my mark," she said and laughed at my humiliation. I stood there shocked as she leaned forward and whispered, "Your little sister's blood tasted so sweet."

I inhaled sharply as the enormity of what she claimed passed through me. A tremble slid from my head to my feet as I felt Tamas beside me pulling me to him once again. Still, his presence wasn't enough. I wanted her to suffer. I wanted her to die.

"You killed her?" I said in a whisper but a moment later I repeated it but louder. My mother's cry caused my hatred of this woman to rise a notch further as I lunged at her. Tamas caught me as I screamed and screamed.

Eva backed away laughing as she turned to Sophia and Gavriel, "You've been wanting to know who has taken the lead as alpha of the Grey Wolves," she said and grinned, "It's me and I'm not as nice as my brother. No one...Not even my dear nieces will stop me from doing whatever I want to do to you."

She turned to me and grinned, "I expect to see you again, Nadia," she said and laughed, "And I expect it to be soon."

Then, she was gone leaving me screaming for her death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 7.7K 138
Every generation two lycans are born. One boy and one girl. They are more powerful than other lycans. They are always twins. This is why the are usua...
95.6K 4.2K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...
1.8M 90.4K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
521 77 14
Redwynne's life has been nothing but one tragedy after another. When she wakes up chained to a cave wall it comes as no surprise to her that werewolv...