The Wildcard Of Terra

By LuckyAceHigh

"I've been called many things, but so help me, "polite" will never be one of them"- Operator Spade, upon bein... More

Bio
Spade File #2 (Guard)
Spade File #3 (Supporter)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Call Me... Dredgen
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Prologue

4.3K 58 38
By LuckyAceHigh

A/N: The fanfic will take some inspiration from Catastrophe Incarnate by Murder_Schmurder

The time is ticking as a couple of Rhodes Island squads are preparing themselves for a full-scale rescue operation in Chernobog. The medics are packing their gear, defenders brushing their shields, guards sharpening their swords, and the leaders finalizing their plan.

Ace: That's the basic groundwork for this operation. We get Dr. Linda out of there before the catastrophe hits. Hopefully we can do this smoothly, Ursus government doesn't take us that well so we better be prepared for anything.

Nearl: We'll rendezvous with the main group if we lose communications, is that alright with you Doberman?

Doberman: That's for the best. We'll depart in ten minutes, and remember, we have to complete this mission. Dr. Linda is our number one priority and is a valuable asset to Rhodes Island. Amiya here can support that statement.

Amiya: Right, once we recover Dr. Linda, she can give us the commands we need to help aid our escape.

The three agree with their goal while Ace tenses up a bit.

Ace: What about, Spade?

Amiya: Spade went ahead to scout the area for us. However, I hadn't received a report from him ever since. 

Doberman: Probably because he has to cut communication for being in enemy territory. 

Nearl: For a wild card, he sure has done a tremendous amount of work.

Amiya: Don't forget what his father did for this organization before his death.

Ace: No use talking about him now, we have an operation to do.

Everyone: Right

The operators then load onto their transports to begin the operation. 

Timeskip

Inside a bar somewhere in Chernobog. We see Spade pouring himself a drink as a jukebox nearby plays music.

Spade: Okay, so me and my father were in this super boring meeting about something. I don't know wasn't paying attention then-

"BOOM!"

Spade: It was like an ugly contest where everyone was the winner. This one dude was all rah! So I shot him.

"Pew"

Spade: Then I shot this other one.

"Pow"

Spade: Shot a couple extra guys just to be safe.

"Bang! Pow! Bam!"

Spade: I think I did a lot of shooting. I'm being totally honest. Then-

Spade was about to take a sip before continuing. 

"FWOOSH!"

Spade: They destroyed my favorite store! Second favorite there's that spicy ramen shop my dad took me- I'm getting sidetracked. Look, long story short I get busy, and I'm thinking I got this you know when you're in that 'I got this' but man! I so did not have it.

Spade said as he looks to his right to see the janitor blinking at him before continuing to sweep the floor as Spade sighs. 

Spade: Guess you have to be there...

Suddenly, a shot flew past and destroys the jukebox, causing the janitor to flinch. Soon after, a explosion follows, causing a hole in the bar.

Spade: Welp, better get back to it.

Spade gulps down his drink and grabs his gun before walking out the bar as the janitor continues sweeping. 

Soon, Spade's radio came to life.

Amiya: Spade! Anyday now!

Spade: Jeez, can a guy just have one drink? I'm coming.

Spade replied as he runs towards the operators' location shooting Reunion as he runs.

Meanwhile

Amiya: E-Everyone, don't give up!

Amiya exclaimed as the rest of her squad, or what remains of their squad, runs dreadfully.

Despite the high numbers that they had when they started the operation, it all dwindled down as Reunion decided to take advantage of the catastrophe to plunder Chernobog as their own. Many lives were lost, including Ace's. They stay close to each other, desperately holding on to the glimmer of hope that they will survive after successfully rescuing the now memory-ridden Dr. Linda.

Reunion Operator: Don't let them escape! Kill every last one of them!"

One of the Reunion operators yelled as they chase down the last of the forces of Rhodes Island.

Doberman: Turn right! 

Doberman yelled as her squad followed, only to reach a dead end as a massive rock blocks their way. 

Doberman: Dammit! It's blocked!

Dr. Linda: T-There's no where left to go.

The other operators felt down in despair, there was no other way left to escape. The operation has come to a halt, or has possibly failed.

As the Rhodes Island operators were about to make their last stand, a series of smoke bombs pop in front of the Reunion group.

Reunion Operator: What the? Where did this smoke come from?!

"Man! I'm on a roll today!"

A voice shouted out, leaving the Reunion operators confuse while the Rhodes Island operators have a shine of hope in their eyes.

"Spade is here!"

The shout of his name, cause the Reunion force to tenses up.

Rhodes Island Operator: We're saved!

As the smoke dies down, there in the middle of the two groups reveals a man spinning his gun, his iconic cloak flailing as the symbol of a rook displays on his sleeve signifying his affiliation. It was Rhode's Islands gunslinger/wildcard.

Spade: Sup

Reunion Operator: T-The Wildcard/Gunslinger of Rhodes Islands!

Spade stops his spinning his hand cannon as he held the grip before taking a good look at the Reunion forces.

Spade: Okay, listen up, you're a bunch of dirty misfits, but you're all that's left, so you'll have to do.

Spade said angering the Reunion force.

Spade: Anyways, I'm rambling on and on here aren't I? I'll just make this quick.

Reunion Operator: GET HIM!

The Reunion force start charging towards Spade.

Spade: Gave me a sec.

Spade said to his colleagues as his gun glows with fire.

With quick reaction, Spade quickly fans the hammer killing 6 that then exploded killing those surrounding them.

Spade: Okay, I'm done!

Spade then holsters his gun and pats himself while the Rhodes Island operators just blink at what just happened. 

Nearl: Took him long enough.

Nearl said with a smile on her face as she relaxed along with the others.

Doberman: Good job out there, Spade.

Spade: No need the praise, ma'am. I'm just doing my job. Speaking of which, where's my buddy Ace?

Spade asks only to see the sadden look on everyone's' faces, answering his question.

Amiya: A-Ace is-

Amiya started but was stopped by a pat on the head by Spade.

Spade: It's fine.... the glorious bastard went out with a bang didn't he?

Spade chuckles as he gave a playful grin. Only a few would notices him tightening his hold on his holster. 

Amiya: Spade....

Doberman: He died protecting us all. Because of what he did, we were able to save Dr. Linda.

Spade looks at a puzzled Dr. Linda, he walks up to her and waves.

Spade: Good to see you again Doc. Glad that you made it out alive.

Dr. Linda: U-Uhh, y-yeah.

Linda stutters as Spade looks at her with confusion.

Amiya: Uhm, Spade, the doctor has amnesia.

Spade's eyes widen upon hearing the news.

Spade: I-I see... In that case, looks like we have to start over. I'm Spade, the Wildcard or Gunslinger as well as your trustful right-hand man. Nice to meet you Dr. Linda.

Dr. Linda: L-Likewise.

Doberman: We should head towards the extraction point.

Spade: Good idea because I think we overstay our visit here.

With that, everyone begins their way towards the extraction point with Spade providing overwatch.

...

Inside the medical department bay, Kal'tsit is currently performing a full body check on Spade. The scanners performed the executions as his check-up was now complete.

Kal'tsit: The screens show no changes in your body and organ linings, health is at a nominal state, looks like you're fine Spade.

Kal'tsit reports as Spade puts on his clothing.

Spade: Thanks, Doc, anything else you want me to do?

Kal'tsit: Rest up for the rest of the week. You'll be back in active duty once we arrive in Lungmen next week.

Spade Thoughts: Lungmen huh, guess I'll be seeing her again after that job contract.

Spade: Alright, I'll be getting some grub.

Just as Spade was about leave he felt a tug on his sleeve. 

Spade: Umm... can you let go?

Kal'tsit quickly realized what she was doing, and let's go with a slightly flushed face.

Kal'tsit: Sorry, that was... random of me.

Spade: Right? If you excuse me, I have a destiny with a bowl of ramen.

Spade then left the room. Kal'tsit watch him leave as a thought forms in her mind.

Kal'tsit Thoughts: I just hope you don't end up with the similar fate as your father....

....

On his way to the cafeteria, Spade occasionally greets his fellow operators. He bumped fists with Noir Corne and was able to dodge a very playful Ifrit who was calling out his name. He was even able to meet the new recruits.

Finally reaching the cafeteria, Spade has hungry look on his face as he begins to thought about that hot steaming bowl of ramen.

Spade Thoughts: Maybe a side of gyoza would be good. Oh! Or maybe-

However, Spade stops in his tracks as he felt his heart scatter upon see a sign.

Ramen: Out Of Shock

Spade: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And tis began the journey of Spade, The Wildcard Of Terra.

End Of Prologue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 658 25
A long time ago there was a Queen. Ding. He was the Queen of Spades. Ding. He adored, cherished, and loved his kingdom. He would give his life for h...
23K 655 35
Ren felt hopeless. Ren was lost in life, with no real future ahead of her except caring for her siblings. Even with her sister's cancer treatment an...
12K 305 23
"A King who is afraid of losing his Queen..." "A Queen who will sacrifice everything to save his King..." Alfred is King of the Spades. Handling a ki...
76K 2.1K 25
Once a past candidate to fight for her life alongside her comrades who died. Setsuna Fuji who is a former player; now a resident in the Borderlands...