Don't You Want Me? ✵ Steve Ha...

By the_june_bug_

••••• "Don't don't you want me? / You know I can't believe it when you say that you don't need me" ••••• "Thi... More

✵ Season 1 ✵
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
✵ Season 2 ✵
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
✵ Season 3 ✵
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
✵ Season 4 ✵
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 21

41.2K 1K 883
By the_june_bug_

Kim and Steve groggily woke up the next morning to a pounding on her bedroom door. "Kim! Steve! Wake up! We have to get going if we want to catch Dart."

Still half asleep, Kim groaned and unknowingly snuggled closer into Steve's side.

"I'm coming in there and I swear to God if you guys don't have clothes on, you're dead Harrington," Dustin threatened.

Steve mumbled in his sleep, his hand tangled in Kim's soft, dark hair.

"Ew!" Dustin wrinkled his nose at the sight of Steve and Kim still asleep in each other's arms. He rolled his eyes, pulling the pillow out from behind Kim's head and repeatedly hitting the two still sleeping teens with it.

"I'm up, I'm up," Kim muttered, holding out her hand to try and stop the pillow from hitting her again. She realized one of Steve's arms was tightly hooked around her waist and blushed.

Blushing as well, Steve scooted away from Kim and got out of bed.

"Wow, your hair is a disaster in the morning," Kim pressed her lips together as she held back a laugh.

"Ha ha," Steve rolled his eyes as he attempted to fix his hair in her mirror. He looked over his shoulder, making sure Kim and Dustin had both left the room before grabbing the hair spray off her dresser and perfecting his hair. It might not be his usual Farrah Fawcett spray, but it would have to work for the day.

•••••

"Dustin! This is Lucas," Dustin's walky talky crackled. "Do you copy? Dustin?"

"Well, well, well, look who it is," Dustin replied, while Steve and Kim unloaded the raw meat from the back of Steve's car.

"Sorry, man," Lucas sighed. "My stupid sister turned it off."

"Well, while you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon," Dustin told his friend over the walky talky.

"Wait, what?" Lucas started to panic.

"I'll explain later," Dustin said. "Just meet me, Kimmy, and Steve at the old junkard. And bring your binocular and wrist rocket."

"Steve? Steve Harrington?" Lucas asked in confusion.

"Alright, let's go," Steve said, slamming the back of the car shut.

"Just be there, stat," Dustin instructed his friend. "Over and out."

•••••

"Alright, so let me get this straight," Steve said, the piece of meat he had dropped landing with a gross squelching noise. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who you just met?"

Dustin rolled his eyes from a bit ahead of Steve and Kim. "Alright, that's grossly oversimplified things."

"No, that seems like it was exactly what happened," Kim said, grimacing as she stuck her hand back in the bucket to pull out more raw meat.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyways?" Steve asked.

"And interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome," Dust replied, truly believing it was the best way to win over Max.

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I just, I don't know. I just feel like you're trying way too hard," Steve shrugged.

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright," Dustin said defensively.

"It's not about the hair, man," Steve told the younger boy. "The key with girls is just acting like you don't care."

"Even if you do?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, exactly," Steve nodded. "It drives them nuts."

Kim laughed. "Yeah and how's that working out for you, Stevie boy?"

"Whatever, Kimmy," Steve rolled his eyes. "I know what I'm talking about."

"Yeah, Dustin, this is a great guy to get advice from," Kim kept laughing. "Currently single, just got dumped. Yeah, best dating advice."

"Fine, fine. Then why don't you give him some advice?" Steve challenged, thinking Kim would have nothing good to say.

She turned to her little brother with a grin. "The real key to girls is being a nice guy. Compliment her, but like real compliments, not just 'you look hot'. Or, go out of your way to do something nice. And girls love it when you're funny, so try and make this Max girl laugh."

"Then what?" Dustin asked, not knowing who's advice to take.

"Then you just wait until," Steve tried to come up with the right words. "Until you feel it."

"Feel what?" Dustin asked. Having never really talked to a girl besides his mom and sister, Dustin had no idea what Steve was talking about.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know?" Steve tried to explain. "You can't see it, but you can feel it, like, this, uh, electricity, you know?"

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" Dustin started to say.

"No, no, no, no, no," Steve cut off his science talk. "Like a, like a sexual electricity.

"Oh," Dustin said, still super confused.

"You feel that and then you make your move," Steve told him.

"No, you wait and make sure the girl is totally comfortable before you do anything," Kim corrected, glaring at Steve for giving her brother bad advice.

"Okay, so that's when you kiss her?" Dustin asked, eyes darting between the two older kids. "You wait for her to feel comfortable and the electricity?"

"No, whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo." Kim laughed, flicking Dustin's baseball cap.

"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive," Steve added on to what Kim had said. "You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a, I don't know, like a lion."

Kim burst out laughing at the bad simile. (Or was it an analogy? She wasn't sure, this was the type of useless stuff Lucas knew).

Steve ignored her and kept talking. "But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a, like a ninja." Steve flashed back through climbing into Nancy's window and saying those exact words. He shook the thought out of his head, not wanting to think about Nancy at the moment.

"What type are you?" Dustin teased his older sister.

Kim's face went hot and she tried to look everywhere but at Steve. "He's completely over simplifying it. Dust, all girls are different, okay? You just have to get to know them and what their love language is."

"Love language?" Steve tried not to laugh. "What the hell is that?"

Kim rolled her eyes at him, finally looking at Steve again. "You know, for someone who claims to be a girl expert, you really are clueless."

"Whatever," Steve mumbled, kicking a rock on the train track. "It's not like he's in love with this girl. Cause she's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit."

Kim lightly placed a hand on Steve's shoulder, trying not to let herself blush again. "Not all girls are Nancy Wheeler, you know?"

"I-I know," he said quietly, unable to look away from her big brown eyes. The two of them continued to stare at each other, both feeling that electricity Steve had been talking about earlier. Steve awkwardly cleared his throat, looking away from Kim and at her little brother insead. "Faberge."

"What?" Dustin asked, confused at the topic change.

Steve sighed, pointing up at his hair. "It's Faberge Organics. Use the shampoo and the conditioner, and when your hair's damp, not wet, okay? When it's damp-"

"Damp," Dustin repeated, mentaly taking notes.

"You do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray," Steve finished explaining.

"Farrah Fawcett spray?" the two Henderson siblings laughed.

"Yeah, Farrah Fawcett," Steve said, glaring at the other two. "You tell anyone what I just told you two and your ass is grass. Do you understand? The Henderson kids will no longer exist."

The two nodded, still trying not to laugh.

"Okay," Steve nodded as they started to walk again.

"Farrah Fawcett, really?" Dustin asked, grabbing more meat to throw on the ground.

"I mean, she's hot," Steve said, trying to see if he could make Kim jealous.

"Yeah. she is," Kim agreed. Steve looked over at her, not getting the reaction he thought he would have. "You know who else is hot though?" Kim asked, ready to tease him. "Matt Dillion, Ralph Macchio-"

"That's the guy from The Karate Kid, right?" Dustin asked his sister, knowing it was one of her favorite movies.

"Oh, yeah," Kim smirked. "Super hot. Oh, who else? Emilio Estevez, Mark Hamill, Rob Lowe-"

"Wait a second," Steve cut her off. "You think Billy looks like Rob Lowe! You don't-"

"Jealous, Harrington?" she teased, a cheshire cat grin on her face.

He jokingly glared at her, pissed that his Farrah Fawcett jealously plan had backfired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 513 19
Y/n Henderson and Robin Buckley may seem like great friends, but they sure are a hell of a lot more than that. After the "mall fire" last summer, Rob...
11.3K 269 24
❝sometimes I feel like if I start crying, I'll just never stop.❞ stranger things steve harrington x female oc season 4
492K 9K 20
"oh bite me, harrington" "love you too, henderson" in which neither lydia henderson nor steve harrington have feelings for each other. at leas...
133K 2.7K 60
After being thrown into the world of the Upside Down, Gwen Henderson now has to deal with something even more sinister. All while being forced to wor...