Chicago

By krector

When all is said and done, it's a family. More

Waited a lifetime
Blind spot
Its too dangerous
Patrol
Shes slipping
Im done
Jay
Im sorry
Feelings
New beginnings
Every time
Firehouse 51
Arson
Your blessing
Wedding
Kim
Shot
Where's Voight?
Prove him innocent.
Mom would be so proud of you
No one should have to make this decision
Tell me im doing the right thing
We looked happy
To new beginnings and everything, right?
I can handle it
Part 2
I believed him
The past comes to haunt
They didnt really love me.
Its your dad, Jay.
War hero
Bad dream
To save lives
Hi Dad
This job, how do you do it?
I got you

Politics

269 2 0
By krector

1 year later....

It's been a year and almost 2 years since Brooke left. Jay and Hailey were dating. Kim was still seeing her boyfriend who was a politician for the city, Blair.

Jay POV:

It was getting to be sunset and I was done volunteering with the city when I saw platt.
"How you doing?" She asked me
"I'm good. Just got finished."
"It's really nice that you helped out."
"Yeah. Why are you being so nice?"
"I just think it's a good thing you're helping out." She said

"Anyway, I want you to help me to spread some manure."
"Aw, crap" I said
"Turkey crap to be exact." She said and I laughed and helped her.

A few hours later...

Kim POV:

Blair and I were out and about having a date night. Everything was going well until it wasn't. There was suddenly the gunshots while we were talking and then Blair was on the ground.
"Oh my god. Blair. BLAIR!" I yelled and tried to stop the bleeding.

Little while later everyone showed up and Platt came up to me.

"Kim?? Kim?!" She snapped me out of my daze "are you okay?" She asked. I looked at my hands covered in blood.
"It's blaire's. Some guy in a black hoodie, black sneakers. Teenager definitely.." I started but she cut me off.
"Kim, are you okay?" She asked and then Hank came up to me and I told him what happened.

The next morning...

Jay POV:

" I feel so bad for her. I mean she must be heart broken." Hailey said
" I know I would be. That and traumatized." Vanessa said.
I walked up and handed Hailey a coffee.

"No thanks I'm good." Vanessa said
" sorry, habit." I said
"She's your partner, have you spoken to her?" Rojas asked
" tried calling her but her phone was probably taken away." I said and they nodded.

At the scene..

Hank filled us in and Adam came up to me.
"She hasn't spoken to anyone. Most likely doesn't want to talk to me about this." He said and I nodded and walked over to her.
"Hey, Kim, you know you don't have to be here. No one expects you to be. We've got this one." I said.
"I want to be here, Jay. I need to be. Kinda feel useless not doing anything."

"Maybe talk to someone? Any of us, me even. We're here for you. I'm here for you."

" I know, thank you." She said and I just gave her a sympathetic smile as we got to work on the scene.

We went back to the district and Hank was outside.
"Hey, anything?" He asked
"Everything got ran to the labs. Just waiting to hear." I said.
"I thought she lost the address to this place." Hank mumbled
" what? Who?" I asked confused.

I turned around to see her. Brooke.
"What do you want to do?" Hank asked me.
"Hey. Can we talk?" Brooke asked.
"Interview room." I said and she went to go in our entrance and Hank stopped her.
"You don't work here anymore. Go through the front door. Platt will show you up." He said
"Right." She said and walked away.
"You sure about this?" Hank asked
"No." I said and walked in. I went upstairs.
"Was that...?" Adam started
"Are you okay?" Kim asked
"When did she...?" Kevin started
" yes and I don't know and I don't know she just showed up." I said and walked into the room.
"I know you must have a million questions and want to scream." She started
"Those are just a few things." There was a pause "what are you doing here?" I asked
" Jay, I don't know how to say I'm sorry. I just feel like I owe you an explanation. I was hurt. I didn't know how to go through life. Didn't know who to turn to. Didn't have anyone to turn to..." she started and I cut her off.

"You left. You did. No one made you. You packed your bags and were gone before I could say anything. I was hurting. That was the hardest decision of my life. To save you or our kid? I had to make that decision. I did not you and you took off. You left me. So don't sit here and act all innocent. You left."
"I know and I'm sorry. Jay, I can't keep apologizing. I didn't think you saving me was the right decision. I didn't see it that way. You have to understand."
"I don't have to understand anything. what don't you get."
" I don't get why you can't see it my way."
The door opened and Kim walked in
"Okay I think that's enough for today." She said
"Can't see it your way...." I snickered "YOU LEFT ME! I NEED YOU AND YOU LEFT! GONE! TO WHO KNOWS WHERE!" I yelled and she jumped.

" Jay..." she said " we can fix this." She continued.

" what? No. No. Cause the hardest thing Ive ever had to do is say goodbye to you." I said and walked out. Hank went in.

A few hours later...

Hank called me into his office.
" I'm not going to sugar coat it. She's back working here."
"You rehired her?" I asked
"She went above my head. I'm sorry, Jay." He said and I nodded and we left his office.
" everyone knows Brooke is back. Well she's back in this unit as well. She went above my head. Nothing I can do about it. So we're back on the case. Jay and Brooke will take a ride with Kevin and Adam to go talk to someone in narcotics because we got a tip that he was involved as a CI." Hank said

Hailey just looked at me and I turned and looked at her while I walked away. She hasn't said anything about what was happening and I didn't know what to say to her. I met Brooke down by the car.
" it's gonna be good to ride together again. Gives us a chance to be alone." She said

"Brooke, listen I um... so I'm kind of uh... I'm dating Hailey now."
"That didn't take long."
"You've been gone two years. It's not your business anyway. I'm just letting you know nothing is going to happen between us. Get in the car let's go." I said and got in. We got there and met up with Adam and Kevin.
" I couldn't imagine being Kim right now." Kevin said
"Yeah me either." Adam agreed
"She must be so blindsided with all the information in the case." Brooke said

"Right. It's almost like she could've used a friend all this time." I said and walked away.

Brooke just stood there with nothing to say until the narcotics officer came back.

. . .

"You think I'm going to give you information about my mission?" The officer asked "I led this team."
"Exactly do you have all the information we need you to hand over." Brooke said
"I'm not giving it to you." She said

"Do you even know how narcotics work?" She continued.
" actually I do." Brooke said
"Yeah?"
"So where's you're pre- raid plan? I'd like to see it and I'd like to know who was on your team." Brooke said. For a moment I found myself being proud.
"Alright enough. Look we may think that the politician involved got killed because of what you had him do." I said
"Blair is dead?" She asked shocked.
"Yeah. Since last night." I said
"I'll give you everything. He helped me so I want to help." She said and I nodded.

. . .

"So it's sounding like he's involved in something." I said after explaining everything to everyone.
" but that's doesn't make sense. No. He would've told me. This can't be right." Kim said defensively
"Kim, maybe it's time to realize he may not have told you everything. This isn't your fault. You didn't know. You couldn't have." Adam said.
"So what's the plan?" Al asked
"We find out who the head of the drug operation is and why narcotics was going after them." Hank said and everyone dispersed.
"Hey. Psst." Mouse said waving me in to his office "sit." He said and handed me a beer.
"So you're dating Hailey and now Brooke is back." He said

"You've got the world by the tail." He continued
"Don't be so sure." I drank the beer " I don't know what to do with either of them."
"No one expects you to right now, man. We're all still here for you." He said.

Kim POV:

I was getting ready to leave when someone came into the locker room.
"Hey, how are you holding up?" Brooke asked

"Brooke, What are you doing here? Why do you even care?" 
"Because you've been there for me every time. I wanna be there for you."
"You wouldn't even know if you weren't here. What made you come back? I mean you were gone so long why now? To get back with Jay? He's with Hailey. So what is it, Brooke?"
"You really think I'm here on some alterior motive? Haven't you thought that maybe something brought me here and I didn't come back for something but now that I am back I'm glad I am?" She asked and I stayed silent "Kim I get it. I hurt a lot of people with the decision I made and the things I said. But I'm back now. I'm just trying to repair what I broke. So I'm here for you. If you need anything, I'm a phone call away. I'm truly sorry, Kim about everything." She said and walked out. I walked out when Hank stopped me.

"Hey." He said and I looked at him "we're going to get whoever did this. I'm just sorry there's some things you're going to find out about him that you maybe didn't want to." He said and I nodded.
"I know." I said and he smiled.
On my way out I ran into Adam standing by my car.
"Adam, come on I really don't want to do this right now."  I said

" so don't. I will. I know you, I know you feel things deeply. That's how it was with us anyway. I'm just trying to tell you, if you need somebody to lean on you know, I got your back." He said

" Kim, you're one of the best people I've ever known. So you do what you think is right and that will be good enough." He said and I have him a hug.
"Okay, thanks." I said
"See you tomorrow?" He asked
"Tomorrow." I said and went home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 6.9K 44
When an undercover gig turns into something bigger than they would expect. BOOK 1 : UNDERCOVER BOOK 2 : DETECTIVES Highest ranking: #1 - jayhalstead...
57.2K 1.1K 42
Sometimes a tragedy can lead to something new and beautiful... We were supposed to be forever baby but life had other plans... KellySeverideXOC
187K 5.1K 67
โ› ๐—•๐—˜๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—” ๐—–๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—”๐—š๐—ข ๐——๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—•๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐—œ ๐—ก๐—˜๐—˜๐—— . . . โœ ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ž!๐จ๐œ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐จ๐œ ๐œ...
177K 2.7K 38
When hank voights adopted daughter returns home to Chicago, her life seems to get better. But better is the enemy of good... -Chicago PD-