You...Complete Me (Completed)

By -_Anamika_-

American Boy - Indian Girl After marriage love story He is an American. A renowned doctor working in New York... More

Author's Note
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
* Wedding Invitation *
- 18 - Part 2
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
🌟
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- 40 -
- 41 -
- 42 -
- 43 -
- 44 -
- 45 -
- 46 -
- 47 -
- 48 -
- 49 -
- 50 -
🌟 🌟
- 51 -
- 52 -
- 53 -
- 54 -
- 55 -
- 56 -
- 57 -
- 58 -
- 59 -
- 60 -
- 61 -
- 62 -
- 63 -
- 64 -
- 65 -
- 66 -
- 67 -
- 68 -
- 69 -
- 70 -
- 71 -
- 72 -
- 73 -
- 74 -
- 75 -
- 76 -
- 77 -
- 78 -
Announcement
- 79 -
- 80 -
- Epilogue -
💟 Thank you 💟
- Bonus chapter -

- 18 - Part 1

27.5K 1.3K 259
By -_Anamika_-

Hey my lovely readers ❤

Here comes the much awaited chapter. Hope you like it.

Diya's pov..

We reached Ryan's home early. The house was big an
d just by seeing it, I could say it might be passed down through the generations.

We were invited by a man in his 60's. He had salt and pepper tint hair with blue eyes just like Ryan's. He walked to us with a friendly smile.

"Welcome all. Oh, there she is, my best friend's daughter. I'm Peter, Ryan's dad. Extremely happy to finally meet you. Your dad and me were such good friends. He was a great man and a good friend " he said with a genuine smile.

"Glad to meet you uncle. I'm happy to see someone who knew my dad" I said smiling.

Then, we got inside to see two kids and a lady walking towards us. Linda slightly bend her head to me and whispered

"This is Ryan's sister. Whatever she says, just ignore it"

The lady stood in front of me and said " I am Jessica, Ryan's sister. I'm a single mom of these two kids, Pete and Lilly. Didn't expect to get an Asian in our family. Anyways, it's his fate" she said, rolling her eyes. God, I knew this, I wondered how everything just turned happy to me suddenly.

"Glad to meet you, Jessica" I said with a smile and we walked to the living room and took our seats on the sofa.

" Ok. I have a little announcement to make. We will be having the marriage twice. Yes, twice. Once in Indian tradition and another one in church. If Diya's parents were there, they would have planned it in their way. Now, you all can go freshen up" aunt said. She is really trying hard to make me feel comfortable. The least I can do for her, is to open up a bit more.

Linda, Sofia and me got a room together. I was about to go and take a shower when aunt Grace walked in.

"Linda, kindly be with her and help her, dear. I had already bought the dress and everything needed. I had seen her photo once. With that, I just bought it. Any other questions we will discuss later. Just help her to get ready and do her makeup. Will you ?"she asked Linda

"Of course aunty. You shouldn't ask this. Diya and me are already good friends" she said, looking at me and smiled.

"Thank you, dear. Diya don't hesitate, feel free to ask me anything and remember you deserve the best Diya. Trust me and yourself too. We still have three hours to get ready. The first wedding is going to be in Indian style. So, carry the gown with you" she said and I just nodded as I didn't know what to talk back. She gave all the answer's even before I ask her.

Edward Ryan's pov...

Mom is doing all new things, leaving me shocked and surprised. I was having a monotonous life but just in a single day, I was dumped with a lot of shocking things which is hard to process.

Flashback:-

During the flight journey

" Ryan, I just want to ask you one thing" John said adjusting his body to face me.

" shoot "

" Are you ok with this marriage? I mean it's all sudden. You were waiting for your girl and all that. You know" he said, shrugging.

" Yes, I waited for the girl who's presence affects me, to whom I get that spark. I saw that in Diya, John. There's nothing there as to not admit it, I felt something that I never felt even after coming across many girls. Something in me tells that I won't regret marrying her. The only thing is that marriage is too sudden"

He just patted my arm. I think he was amused and satisfied with the answer and didn't question me further.

Diya's pov...

I stood there in front of the mirror adjusting the traditional red saree. I have never worn such pure silk sarees. I wore a simple neckpiece, earnings and bangles. I wonder how aunt Grace organized all this alone.

"Diya. I have seen people wearing this. But you look extremely gorgeous. Ryan is going to fall for you more when he sees you in this" she laughed.

" One day, we will buy a saree together and I will help you to wear it. You would look beautiful in saree" I said, smiling at her.

" Really, I can't wait for that day "She said and did my makeup and then my hair into a bun.

" Diya...you look ...sooo.. beautiful" Sofia said cutely. She wore a cute pink dress.

After we were done with the makeup and hair. I quickly checked myself once. To be honest, I looked completely different in a good sense, of course. I couldn't imagine myself like this.

As we got down, I was surprised to see aunty wearing saree " Why are you surprised? Anu taught me how to wear this and I have worn it many times" she laughed. I still don't know how much close they were.

I was informed that the men's group had already reached the venue. I entered the temple. As, I walked further I got soo nervous seeing the priest and the mandap. But, there stood Ryan wearing traditional white shirt and dhoti. He was struggling with the dhoti which looked cute. Seeing that, a smile spread across my lips.

I could see a South Indian family there talking with aunty. May be, she got help from them to arrange all this. The priest started with the mantras and one thing more shocking was...Ryan was actually asking the meaning of all the rituals and the priest was patiently explaining it to him. Is he not nervous?

I had many thoughts in my mind when the priest gave him the mangal sutra/thaali( a necklace that the groom ties around the bride's neck, which identifies her as a married women). My heartbeat raised fast and sweat droplets formed on the forehead, when Ryan tied it around my neck by putting the three knots. At that moment, I saw my parents standing near Ryan's parents and smiling. The whole world stopped right there for me and a lonely tear dropped from my eyes. I had never imagined to see them in real.

We stood up to take seven rounds around the fire which makes the marriage complete. Oh my God!! Did I just get married ? I had not even imagined me getting married, when I could barely survive in that house.

Everyone congratulated us and I went near aunt and uncle as I bent down to touch their feet asking their blessings.

" No, dear" she said and hugged me " I wish you a very happy married life. I am sure you both would make a wonderful couple" she said kissing my forehead.

" If Ram and Anu were there, they would have been happy to see you married. I'm very happy and contented right now" uncle said smiling as he patted my cheeks.

To be continued...

I will update the next chapter before morning...

How is the Indian style wedding??

If you like it,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 43.1K 58
Book of Aarna and Dhruv(Arranged Marriage Series #2) She is an extrovert He is an introvert. she is full of words. He is a man of few words. She is c...
156K 5.1K 70
This is the story of Ian an American boy who is struggling to find the love of his life until he met........ ...
1.5M 51.5K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
26.3K 1.6K 33
Unedited! Is it wrong to have feelings towards your husband ?? Yes, it is, in Amaya's case. Amaya, a girl whose life is controlled by her parents, sh...