Irresistibly Forbidden

נכתב על ידי CoraFS

Alejandra Collisimo is the teenage daughter of the Italian Mafia don. With 5 overbearing older brothers and... עוד

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1: Welcome To America
Chapter 2: Trouble
Chapter 3: Familiar
Chapter 4: Jaxon
Chapter 5: Crappy Start to the Day
Chapter 6: Suspicions
Chapter 7: Macaluso?
Chapter 8: The Race and The Party
Chapter 9: Truth
Chapter 10: Deals
Chapter 11: Hot and Bothered
Chapter 12: Absent
Chapter 13: Benefits
Chapter 14: Anita
Chapter 15: Disagreement
Chapter 16: Phone calls with Papá
Chapter 17: Broken Nose
Chapter 18: Mood swings
Chapter 19: Hurt Feelings
Chapter 20: Claim
Chapter 21: Period
Chapter 22: Trust In Gabriel
Chapter 24: Dead
Chapter 25: Fair
Chapter 26: Territory
Chapter 27: Tease
Chapter 28: Day Off
Chapter 29: What Just Happened?
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: Different
Chapter 32: Heart to Hearts and a Gunshot
Chapter 33: Officially Over
Chapter 34: New Friends
Chapter 35: Unexpected Conversations
Characters Part 2
Chapter 36: Too many Questions
Chapter 37: Revelations
Chapter 38: Double Standards
Chapter 39: Early Returns
Chapter 40: American Flag
Chapter 41: Acts Of Kindness
Chapter 42: Surprise Appearances
Chapter 43: Car Rides and Kisses
Chapter 44: Confrontations
Chapter 45: First Proper Date
Chapter 46: Some Inspirational Words
Chapter 47: Panicked Calls
Chapter 48: Progress
Chapter 49: Feeling Left Out
Chapter 50: Secrets

Chapter 23: Dinner

20.3K 498 137
נכתב על ידי CoraFS

Mamma's special recipe lasagne was ready for half 6. I had taken a break earlier to get changed into jeans and a nice top, just keeping my slippers on.

It's currently 6:45 and I'm mentally cursing myself for not giving Jaxon an earlier arrival time. I can't imagine what it would be like if they met in the hall. I dread to think what would happen, It'll be safer if I'm there to prevent anything too bad.

And then, as if my wishes were granted, the doorbell goes. Thank god.

Opening the door, a blank faced Jaxon stands in front of me, wearing one of his work suits. Great, he's practically radiating power off of him. This is definitely going to be one tense dinner.

I step back opening the door wider for him. He passes me and makes his way over to the couch.

"I'm still not sure about this Alejandra", He says firmly. The use of my actual name telling me that he really isn't happy about this. I just sigh,

"Look I don't really want to do this either but I'm doing it for us. This is the only way we can continue being together for now without my father knowing." He just scoffs at that.

"We wouldn't have to do this if you didn't tell your little bodyguard about us. He would never have known otherwise." My eyebrows shoot up at that. How dare he, it was quite literally the only option I could see.

"Right Jaxon, your either going to prove to me that you want us to work and show a united front against Gabriel during this dinner, Or you can walk out of that door right now and forget I exist."

"The options yours."

He just sighs staring at me in the eyes for a few seconds before leaning in and pressing his lips to my head.

"Thats the last thing I'd ever want to do." He whispers.

I nod, "Good, Now come on we can't be in a bad mood with each other tonight. We have to convince Gabriel that were serious about us."

"I know Princess. I know, I'm sorry."

We're interrupted when the doorbell rings again.

"Ok, just stay in here I'll be right back. Oh, and be good." I peck him on the lips quickly before making my way back to the door.

Opening it, Gabriel stands there also in his suit with a stern look on his face. "Miss Alejandra" He nods in greeting to me.

"Come on in Gabriel" I stand to the side.

"Follow me" I begin walking over to the living room, deep breaths A. This is it.

As we walk in Jaxon stands up. They stare each other for a minute, leaving me in an uncomfortable silence.  Then finally Gabriel breaks it by holding his hand out.

Jaxon takes it and they shake hands. Quite firmly might I add.

"Gabriel Ricci"

"Jaxon Macaluso"

They nod at each other, the tense atmosphere still present.

Ok, I think its time to break it. "We should go through to the dinner table, I just need to get the food from the oven" They nod and follow me as I walk.

Thankfully the kitchen and dining area are attached so that I don't need to leave them alone.

"Do you need help bringing stuff to the table." Jaxon asks, ah I see you, showing that you have manners.

"Yes please can you grab the sides on the worktop." I made some salad and garlic bread to go with dinner.

He nods and grabs the plates setting them at the table.

As I take the lasagne from the oven, Gabriel pops open the bottle of wine I left out and pours some in all of our glasses.

So far so good.

After I got everything set, the men helped themselves to the lasagne not saying anything more.

Gabriel suddenly hums looking at me, "Is this Mrs Adaira's recipe."

I smile nodding at him, "Yes, it is, although I know she makes it better." He shakes his head smiling.

"Yours mothers' food is always amazing; I don't know how she does it. She's not even Italian is she?" He asks.

"No, Fully Scottish she is, although Papa's grandmother taught her to cook when they first got together." My mother and father met when they were really young. Mamas lived in Italy for ages but always makes sure to visit Scotland a few times a year.

"Ah yes. Mr Alecardo is in Scotland at the moment." He's referring to Alex, my second oldest brother. He's the definition of a mamma's boy. He used to go over all the time with mamma and stays a lot with our family over there.

"Of course he is" I giggle and roll my eyes. "I'll need to give him a call soon."

The silence is back briefly. Jaxon just observed us as we talked, his face remaining blank the entire time.

"So onto the real reason I'm here then." Gabriel says looking between Jaxon and I. Before I get the chance to speak, Jaxon has already began.

"I appreciate you not informing Santiago of our relationship at the moment; However, I do strongly believe that this is our business and he will find out when Aleja and I see fit." Jaxon says sternly. Gabriel just stares back at him.

"I see your point Mr Macaluso, but as Alejandra's bodyguard It is my job to report back to Mr Collisimo on what Miss Alejandra has been doing. And quite frankly, fooling around with another Mafia Don seems like a relevant thing to bring up to him." Oh god.

"I understand that. However, As you said, I am a Mafia Don, therefore I don't appreciate others meddling about unwanted, in my business. I am capable of ensuring Alejandra's safety and would kill anyone that ever dared to touch a hair on her head. Your job here is irrelevant. All you have to do is report back to your boss that she is safe, because I promise she will be with me." No No this is not going the way I wanted it to.

"With all due respect Mr Macaluso, why should I trust a thing you say." Gabriel challenged. Fuck me.

"I'm a man of my word Gabriel. I also have no reason to lie. Take a look at her, Can you see any harm that's come to her?"

Gabriel gives me a once over with a scrutinizing stare. Then shakes his head, he opens his mouth to talk, however Jaxon cuts him off.

"You see. She's been around me for months now and I've kept her completely safe. Only a select trusted people in my mafia know her real identity and it will stay that way until we decide to tell her father. She also has a bodyguard from me that is with her when I can't be. She's under my protection so every want and need of hers is taken care of. I appreciate your concern Gabriel but I have to ask you respect both of our boundaries." Gabriel looks unsurely at me as if he's thinking about it. I give him a reassuring smile and nod.

"I would like to check up on her at least once a month and you let me know if anything happens. I am also her registered guardian at the school, so please try and make sure that she maintains a good attendance. That is what her father sent her here to do." Gabriel lists off his conditions as Jaxon listens.

"Of course. So, do we have a deal" Gabriel takes a second before leaning his hand out to seal the deal.

As their hands shake yet again, I let out a sigh of relief.  That wasn't perfect but its could've been worse, let's be honest.

A phone beeps and Gabriel pulls out his phone. His eyebrows scrunch before he shoves his phone away.

"I'm glad we had this dinner however somethings come up and it looks like ill need to head. Thank you so much for the lasagne Alejandra and It was good to meet you Mr Macaluso." He says standing up. I nod and smile at him getting up myself to walk him out.

"It's alright Miss Alejandra, I know where the door is. Goodnight to the both of you." Jaxon gives him a nod as he walk away.

Seconds later the front door shuts.

I get up and walk over to Jaxon as he pulls me onto his lap.

"Thank you" I say. He handled that well.

"Of course, baby." He leans in kissing me.

He wraps his arms under my thighs, picking me up and walking to the kitchen counter, not once breaking our kiss.

His hands trail to the hem of my shirt, ready to pull it off when his phone rings.

Ugh.

"What?" He answers angrily. Theres talk on the other line but I don't listen. I start playing with his hair getting lost in my thoughts of what happened tonight.

I didn't expect it to be over so quick and I thought I'd have to do more grovelling but then again, that was kind of stupid to think. Of course, Jaxon wasn't going to grovel or beg. That's definitely not in his nature.

I'm cut out of my thoughts when Jaxon says "Right, ill be there soon." No I don't want him to leave.

I put my puppy eyes on, "I'm sorry Princess, Asher needs me at a job. But ill drop you off at the house if you want with the girls?"

I wouldn't mind seeing the girls for a bit, and I did get a lot of school work done before I made dinner so I guess that's ok.

I just nod my head a him. "Just let me get some stuff first." Pecking him on the lips I jump off of the counter.

After grabbing some more clothes and school work, I walk out to see Jaxons sorted the dishes already and put the remaining lasagne in a tub.

What a man.

We both get into his car and he's off. We arrive at the Macaluso house only minutes later.

"What time do you think you'll be in at?" I turn to ask him as we sit in the driveway.

"I don't know baby. But please if you're going to wait up, just stay in my bed and not on the sofa, you'll be comfier." he says leaning over for another quick kiss.

"Ok, See you later and be safe"

"Promise" He says as I get out of the car. Harris shows up out of nowhere to help me with the bags.

We walk into the house and Harris takes my bags upstairs but I keep the lasagne tub in my hand. I walk through to the living room to see if anyone's there.

Aspen and Winter are curled up on the couch napping with empty pizza boxes Infront of them.

Aww they look so cosy. They probably won't be wanting the lasagne then, Ill just put it in the kitchen.

After putting the tub in the freezer, I walk back through to cover the girls up with a blanket but as I walk in Aspen's eyes open.

She smiles at me, then snaps her attention to her phone when it lights up. "Oh shit" her eyes widen.

"I was supposed to be home over an hour ago!" She stands up, which wakes Winter out of her sleep.

"What's going on?" She says sleepily wiping her eyes.

"We fell asleep and its half 9! I was supposed to be home ages ago, my mums going to kill me Win." She says frantically.

"Ugh the bus is going to take ages as well I won't be home till at least half 10" She sinks back to the couch head in her hands. With that I finally decide to speak up.

"Hey its fine, Ill drive you home, my cars here." Her head shoots up. "Are you sure? No its fine I'll get the bus I don't want to be a bother." I just smile at her.

"It no problem Aspen honestly." She lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much Aleja, also I've told you already, please call me Penny." She semi scolds me. I just nod at her as she gets ready to leave.

"I'll come too." Winter pipes up.

"Ok then, let's get going."

The girls and I go out to the garage after I grab my keys. Asher parked it in here the other day.

As I pull out of the driveway, Two SUV's follow. The bodyguards of course.

Penny directs me to her house as the girls and I jam out to music the whole way there to calm Penny's nerves.

I pull up outside her house after only about a 10-minute drive. Much quicker than the bus.

"Thank you again Aleja" She says as she gets out the car.

"It was no bother Penny, Have a good night." I say to her.

"Goodnight!" Winter shouts out the window.

I make sure she gets in the house before pulling away.

I'm kind of craving chocolate milk and we passed a store on the way so Im in luck.

"Hey I'm going to stop at the store, do you want anything?" I ask Winter, who's still jamming out to music beside me.

"Erm, can you get me a bounty please and some lemonade?"

"Sure"

Not long later I pull into the store car park, the SUV's following behind. Although only one comes in as the other stays at the side of the street.

"I'll be right back" I say to Winter then get out. The girl didn't have any shoes on so I just left her in the car.

I glance to Harris smiling as I walk across the car park.

The bell dings as I walk in.

There are surprisingly a few other shoppers in. It's quite late but who am I to judge.

Walking to back to the sweet aisle, I grab a bounty and go to look for the juice when I hear the door smash against something and a few bangs, followed by a,

"Everyone get down!" Scream.

Standing in the doorway is a scrawny guy with a gun that I'm pretty sure wants to rob the place. Other shoppers are screaming and to make things worse, I've not got my gun on me for the first time in forever.

Looks like ill need to wait this one out.

Fucking Hell.

***

Sorry This Chapters a little late But I hope you Enjoyed it anyway! ❤️

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.8K 168 16
I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, I really wish I stayed with my dad until I turned eighteen. What am I saying? I would rather be anywhe...
13.1K 548 48
"Everyone has secrets, and everyone has something to hide, but the real question is what are you willing to do to keep yours hidden inside." When Ju...
1.2M 23.7K 39
How can one event alter the course of your entire life? Going from living with her single beloved mother to flying across the country to live with he...
1.4M 37.3K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...