The Golden Pear [YA - Feature...

By Witto150

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power... More

♫~Author's Notes~♫
♫~Notes 01~♫
♫~Notes 02~♫
♫~Notes 03~♫
♫~Notes 04~♫
♫~Notes 05~♫
♫~Notes 06~♫
♫~Notes 07~♫
♫~Notes 08~♫
♫~Notes 09~♫
♫~Notes 10~♫
♫~Notes 11~♫
♫~Notes 12~♫
♫~Notes 13~♫
♫~Notes 14~♫
♫~Notes 15~♫
♫~Notes 16~♫
♫~Notes 17~♫
♫~Notes 18~♫
♫~Notes 19~♫
♫~Notes 20~♫
♫~Notes 21~♫
♫~Notes 22~♫
♫~Notes 23~♫
♫~Notes 24~♫
♫~Notes 25~♫
♫~Notes 26~♫
♫~Notes 27~♫
♫~Notes 28~♫
♫~Notes 29~♫
♫~Notes 30~♫
♫~Notes 31~♫
♫~Notes 32~♫
♫~Notes 33~♫
♫~Notes 34~♫
♫~Notes 35~♫
♫~Notes 36~♫
♫~Notes 37~♫
♫~Notes 38~♫
♫~Notes 39~♫
♫~Notes 40~♫
♫~Notes 41~♫
♫~Notes 42~♫
♫~Notes 43~♫
♫~Notes 44~♫
♫~Notes 45~♫
♫~Notes 46~♫
♫~Notes 47~♫
♫~Notes 48~♫
♫~Notes 49~♫
♫~Notes 50~♫
♫~Omake~♫
♫~Notes 51~♫
♫~Notes 52~♫
♫~Notes 53~♫
♫~Notes 54~♫
♫~Notes 55~♫
♫~Notes 56~♫
♫~Notes 57~♫
♫~Notes 58~♫
♫~Notes 59~♫
♫~Notes 60~♫
♫~Notes 61~♫
♫~Notes 62~♫
♫~Notes 63~♫
♫~Notes 64~♫
♫~Notes 65~♫
♫~Notes 66~♫
♫~Notes 67~♫
♫~Notes 68~♫
♫~Notes 69~♫
♫~Notes 70~♫
♫~Notes 71~♫
♫~Notes 72~♫
♫~Notes 73~♫
♫~Notes 74~♫
♫~Notes 76~♫
♫~Notes 77~♫
♫~Notes 78~♫
♫~Notes 79~♫
♫~Notes 80~♫
♫~Notes 81~♫
♫~Notes 82~♫
♫~Notes 83~♫
♫~Notes 84~♫
♫~Notes 85~♫
♫~Notes 86~♫
♫~Notes 87~♫
♫~Notes 88~♫
♫~Notes 89~♫
♫~Notes 90~♫
♫~Notes 91~♫
♫~Notes 92~♫
♫~Notes 93~♫
♫~Notes 94~♫
♫~Notes 95~♫
♫~Notes 96~♫
♫~Notes 97~♫
♫~Notes 98~♫
♫~Notes 99~♫
♫~Notes 100~♫
♫~Notes 101~♫
♫~Notes 102~♫
♫~Notes 103~♫
♫~Notes 104~♫
♫~Notes 105~♫
♫~Notes 106~♫
♫~Notes 107~♫
♫~Notes 108~♫
♫~Notes 109~♫
♫~Notes 110~♫
♫~Notes 111~♫
♫~Notes 112~♫
♫~Notes 113~♫
♫~Notes 114~♫
♫~Notes 115~♫
♫~Notes 116~♫
♫~Notes 117~♫
♫~Notes 118~♫
♫~Notes 119~♫
♫~Notes 120~♫
♫~Notes 121~♫
♫~Notes 122~♫
♫~Notes 123~♫
♫~Notes 124~♫
♫~Notes 125~♫
♫~Notes 126~♫
♫~Notes 127~♫
♫~Notes 128~♫
♫~Notes 129~♫
♫~Notes 130~♫
♫~Notes 131~♫
♫~Notes 132~♫
♫~Notes 133~♫
♫~Notes 134~♫
♫~Notes 135~♫
♫~Notes 136~♫
♫~Notes 137~♫
♫~Notes 138~♫
♫~Notes 139~♫
♫~Notes 140~♫
♫~Notes 141~♫
♫~Notes 142~♫
♫~Notes 143~♫
♫~Notes 144~♫
♫~Notes 145~♫
♫~Notes 146~♫
♫~Notes 147~♫
♫~Notes 148~♫
♫~Notes 149~♫
♫~Notes 150~♫
♫~Notes 151~♫
♫~AfterNote~♫
♫~Thank You~♫

♫~Notes 75~♫

12 3 0
By Witto150

 'A dream...'

Heavy with thoughts and sore body, Ueno dragged her body into the bathroom. From the mirror stared at her ghostly girl. Pale face with dark circles under her eyes and smeared make-up would attract zombies or vampires at best.

Splashing water over it didn't wash away the circles, but it cleaned her skin form the messed make-up and awoke her a bit. Rubbing her face, she jerked back as she glanced herself in the mirror.

Her hand moved to her blouse, finding it ripped and dark stains of blood across her skin. Clenching her teeth, and cursing the woman that dared to demand to be called mother, she returned to her room.

School, her home, or any other place could burn do ground, and she would care less. However, staying in this house suffocated her. The everlasting presence of her dictator mother followed her every step.

On the other hand, in school, she could breathe a bit as her mother wasn't present every day, leaving a huge chunk of her duties to unfortunate subordinates. Grabbing one of many school uniforms, she prepared herself, glancing she had woken up sooner than she was used to.

"I'm leaving for school," she said to one maid she had met.

The woman bowed. "Have a pleasant day, young lady."

Sour taste gulped Ueno's taste buds. When did she have a pleasant day? Ignoring others around her, she made her way to the waiting limousine.

"Y-young lady!" One maid called her, rushing to her.

Ueno turned around, opening her mouth to ask in bored tone why she was bothering her. A strong stab pushed all her words back her throat. The maid had a bandaged head, and a big plaster covered almost her whole left cheek.

"Your school bag."

"Ah," Ueno said, unable to find the right words. She took the bag from her and got inside the car. A few streets later, she realized an important detail.

'Wait? Didn't I leave my bag in my locker?'

Opening the bag, she noticed it didn't hold any of her books or school supplies. Instead, it was full of sandwiches with a fizzy drink.

'Why did she?' She picked one, and as if puzzle pieces fell on their places, the mystery was solved. 'Did she... argue with my mother yesterday? Was it her voice I heard?'

Then those wounds had to be a result of her careless actions! 'Why would she protect me?' Her stomach growled like crazy, she dug her fingers into her belly. 'Right, I barely ate yesterday. I was so occupied helping that stray cat, I lost track of everything!'

Hunger is the best cook, as one saying says, and right now, Ueno would eat anything. Digging her teeth into the soft dough and crispy vegetables, she sent her taste buds into heaven.

Arriving in front of her school, she got out.

"Have a nice day, young lady," the driver said as he closed the door.

Ueno did a few steps, before she spun on her heel, showing the last sandwich into his hands. Without a word, she dashed toward the school. What was with her? Acting so friendly?

'No way... I'm just bored a bit. It'll pass like everything.'

Nearing the entrance, Ueno slowed down. Eyes watched her, and ears sucked in rumors and murmurs about her. She no longer was the Top Banana in the land of hungry monkeys.

Her steps took her forward, but instead of ending up in her classroom, she found herself in front of the rundown hut.

"Whatever," she mumbled, getting closer. "You there?" She peeked inside, needing time to adjust to the dim light. The smell of stale lingered, and it might never go away, but it was better.

Two shining dots turned her way, and a long, fluffy tail swished through the air. Ueno squatted down, and a small smile appeared on her face.

"How was your night?" the girl asked as if the cat could answer her.

A weak meow came as a reply, and then another and one more. Ueno blinked, not recognizing the voice. Then it hit her.

"Did you?" She leaned forward, digging her knees into the dirty floor.

Around the cat laid meowing kittens. Counting with her eyes, she had found four of them. All the bad mood sprinted away from her brain as squeaks of happiness and utter cuteness filled her mind.

"They are so small!" Ueno took out her phone, recording the cat family. Mama-cat licked her babies who yawned with closed eyes, lifting their tiny heads and pushing each other as they tried to get to the tasty milk.

\\_(''>_<'')_//

Freya looked out of the window. She had seen Ueno walk away from the school, but something was off. One could call it tingling sense or a woman's intuition, but Freya had never seen Ueno with gloomy aura around her.

'Is something happening?'

She didn't complain about her not minding them. It was quiet and peaceful thanks to it. On the other hand, she already had ten girls and boys approaching her and trying to get close. Freya wasn't sure if she was happy or freaking out.

Years of social distancing didn't help her confidence much less social skills and communication. A big number of those "newcomers" asked her about Greek Gods, but they somehow weren't honestly curios like the girl from yesterday morning.

'Is she getting bullied? She lost her Queen Bee status, didn't she?'

Even if the atmosphere in the school cleared a bit, she still remained invisible for most of the students. That way, she picked on small changes. Aiyoku still had his Fanclub, but it didn't seem Ueno had visited it in the past week or so.

Freya took a few notes, following the lesson as best as she could with the uncertain thoughts about Ueno bothered her.

'Should I care?'

Given their bitter past, nobody would find it strange that she wouldn't.

The lesson ended with her having notes, but not remembering a single word their sensei had said.

"Are you okay?" Aiyoku asked her as they were leaving the classroom for the lunch break.

Freya nodded. The brothers exchanged suspicious looks, sensing something was off. Whenever Freya said everything was okay, something bugged her. That's how she was. That's how they were. Hiding their worries from others to not cause problems or trouble often led to mental collapse. Just like it happened with Rigaku and Kagetsu.

Freya headed to the toilets, closing herself in the cabin. Girls came and left on a regular basis. One could catch a glimpse of various rumors.

"Hey, don't you think Ueno-san is weird as of late?" one voice asked.

"Yeah, I didn't see her usual flock of girls around her," another answered.

"Maybe they ditched her."

Both voices laughed.

"That would be hilarious!"

Freya clenched her fists and teeth, and not just because she was pushing.

"That slut would deserve it all!"

Their voices trailed off, and Freya left the stall. Washing her hands and face, she tried to splash all the thoughts of her brain.

'Don't think about it. She bullied you. A bit of loneliness or pain won't kill her.'

Opening the door, it was as if she stepped into a different world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
560K 24K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...
925K 36.6K 162
I'm stuck on a remote island with the male leads in an R-19 novel. I possessed Margaret, the villainess destined to be killed by the male leads after...