Living Next Door To Alice

Door falicewins

After her divorce, Alice moves to a small town called Riverdale. She meet her neighbors Fred Andrews and FP J... Meer

1/ Moving on, moving In
2/ The First Dinner
3/ The Hangover Cure
4/ Three Year Anniversary
5/ The Runaway
6/ A Laugh With A Friend
7/ Stupid Mistake
8/ Pizza Night
9/ Two Hearts
10/ A Good Day
11/ A Dark Day
12/ Falling For The Blondes
13/ The First Date
14/ The Bomb Explodes
15/ A Night Under The Stars
16/ Start Of A New Life
17/ Everything Will Be Alright
18/ The Other Woman
19/ The Letter
20/ Farewell
21/ Toledo
22/ Return to Riverdale
23/ Anybody Home?
24/ Mornings Like These
25/ Baby Shower
26/ Home
27/ Past, Present, Future
28/ Father Figure(s)
29/ My Girl
30/ Papa Don't Preach
31/ Mary
32/ Holiday Fever
33/ Isn't She Lovely?
34/ Secret Santa
36/ Going Away
37/ Long Distance
38/ The Golden Coast
39/ Peace
40/ Like It Used To Be
41/ The Girl Next Door
42/ Bubble
43/ Do You?
44/ Family Meeting
45/ Love You More
46/ I Do!
47/ Happily Ever After
48/ Epilogue

35/ Taking Chances

562 48 12
Door falicewins

Fred walked into the office at the construction site, where FP was busy started the newest sketch of a project they'd start on the Northside of town.

"FP, could I talk to you for a sec?" asked Fred, snapping him out of his concentration.

"Yeah, shoot. I'm listening." FP putted his pencil down and turned his attention to his friend.

"You know about the contact I had with a client in Los Angeles, right?" He started out, as he took the seat opposite of FP.

"You mentioned it last week, I remember." recalled FP. It was a big opportunity for the firm and at the same time a big challenge.

"We've got the project. We're leading it." grinned Fred, finally getting to the point.

"Seriously? That's amazing!" said FP happily. This was a huge deal for Fred and he was proud of his brother for sealing this deal.

However, that wasn't the only news Fred wanted to bring. He had been thinking a lot about this, but there was a position he really wanted for FP to consider.

"I want you to be our projectleader. I think you're ready again, don't you?" Fred shot him a smile. A year ago it would have been too much, but with how far he had come he felt confident in his choice to offer FP this job.

"Woah, really? You'd trust me with that?" His voice was soft and even a little confused, mostly because he wasn't sure whether he had done the same in his shoes.

"Absolutely. You're my best front man." Fred knew that FP was going to be insecure about this, but even with an unbiased perspective, FP was his best drawer and leader. He got work done like nobody else does.

However, there was a condition for the job that was worth thinking about, before he'd agree of doing the project. His smile faded a little.

"Only thing is... it's for a year. So, it's a big decision. I respect it if you turn it down but I didn't want to pass it down to someone else without consulting you as my first choice."

It was the main reason why Fred hadn't been sure to ask FP or not. Moving away for so long was a big decision, especially now he was in a steady relationship. He knew how much FP valued Riverdale and his comfort zone, but he wouldn't forgive himself for not offering him this job first, in case he might make the wrong assumptions. He needed for FP to know how much faith he had in him.

"That's an amazing opportunity, Fred. But you're right, I've got to think about it." FP frowned a little.

This was such a big deal for him, especially after not being able to get a job after so long... but moving away for a year and barely being home at the east coast? That was going to be difficult.

"I don't want to push you out of your comfort zone, but if you want it, it's yours. If not, that's fine too." assured Fred, who didn't want to put pressure on him in any way. His company was full of talented people, sending someone else wouldn't be a problem.

"I guess I've got to talk to Alice about this." said FP out loud, realizing that if he would choose to take the job, it'd have consequences for his relationship.

**

FP had been pricking his food the second after Fred has putted the plate in front of him. He hadn't been able to concentrate ever since the offer he got this morning. He was anxious to share the news and just couldn't wait till after dinner.

"I—uh, I wanted to share something with you." He started out, carefully. His hand trembled slightly.

Three pair of eyes looked at him curiously, waiting for him to proceed.

"Fred and I talked this morning and he offered me a spot as projectleader of one of our biggest and most important clients." A small but proud smile tugged on his lips.

"Honey, that is wonderful!" said Alice immediately, smiling up at him.

But the smile on his face faded quickly. The bad news he had yet to tell.

"Aren't you happy?" She asked confused, as she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers.

"I am... but the thing is... it's in L.A. I would have to move there for a year." He said quietly, avoiding looking into their eyes.

Her hand involuntarily slipped out of his own.

"Oh, wow... L.A. How do you feel about that?" She asked him softly, not wanting to shift the attention to herself and the way her heart dropped.

"That's actually the question I wanted to ask you guys." He said honestly, finally looking up to meet his kids' and Alice's eyes.

"Honestly, Dad... I am very happy for you but I don't think JB and I can move there." Jughead brought in, immediately feeling a little guilty.

"I won't expect that from you guys. You could stay here." FP knew that it would be crazy for his kids to move to the other side of the country. Besides, legally Jellybean couldn't.

"Al? What do you think?" He turned to his girlfriend, who's expression he couldn't read.

Alice swallowed, but got her act together real quick. She had to keep reminding herself that this wasn't about her. She knew what would happen if she wasn't supportive.

"I am very proud of you and if you want to go I'll support that 100%." She said sweetly, once again grabbing his hand and stroking her thumb over his knuckles.

"You do?" He said surprised, as he had expected to object. Maybe he even hoped that she would.

"I want you to pursue your dreams. If this is one of them, then yes." She softly grabbed his face and planted a kiss on his lips, not just to show him how proud she was, but just as much so he couldn't see the sadness in her eyes.

**

Although Alice had told him she was on board, something didn't feel right about it. FP wasn't even sure if he wanted for her to ask him to stay so he'd have a way out, or that he really didn't believe her. The thought of her not caring too much about him leaving for so long was breaking his heart.

So, when they got ready for bed, just the two of them, he decided to ask about it once more.

"Babe, are you really okay with the possibilty that I might be in L.A. for a year? Or were you just trying to stay positive because Fred and the kids were there?" He asked her softly, turning her around by gently placing his hands on her hips.

Alice froze for a second, but quickly reminded herself that she needed to keep up this act. This isn't about you, Alice. You'll lose him if you ask him to stay. She turned around with a sweet smile on her face.

"Honey, I meant what I said. I want you to be able to follow your dreams. I don't want to be the one holding you back. But honestely? I will miss you like crazy." She fiddled with the collar of his t-shirt as her eyes glossed over.

"I will miss you, too. The thought of leaving everyone behind here for twelve months breaks my heart." He said quietly, trying his hardest not to cry.

"But you know, every four weeks I have a long weekend at home." He smiled a little, even when it was forced.

"So, we can spend time together like twelve times this year?" Alice said sadly, and she could feel her own heart ache.

"Yeah, something like that. Would you be okay with that?" His hands rubbed up and down her back.

"If that's gives you the opportunity to do something you've always dreamed of then we'll manage." She promised, and held him a little closer.

"Really? You think so?" He asked softly, part of him still hoping that she'd ask him to stay while the other part was getting excited about having such an amazing job.

"We can do this, I know we can." She said confident, and this time truly smiled up at him. FP smirked as well. It was because of her words that he truly believed that this would work out, that he could have both.

"God, I love you so much." He breathed out, before passionately kissing her.

**
The next morning, Alice had helped Fred making breakfast as FP prepared everything they needed for their meeting that afternoon..

"Hey, should we throw you a going away party? This needs to be celebrated, don't you think?" said Fred suddenly. He was really proud of FP for taking this opportunity.

"I could say no but I know for sure that you will do it anyway." He chuckled, and grabbed a piece of toast.

"Feels like we had an awful lot of those." He mumbled, shaking his head a little. The last time they had thrown him a party it had been because he was leaving to Toledo. Things were different now, but it still felt a little strange.

"But this time it's a happy occasion." smiled Fred, reminding him that those things weren't the same.

"I'm going to check on Polly, to see if she's up for a walk." said Alice absentmindedly, as she shoved her plate with toast to the side and grabbed her jacket without a second look.

"That was weird... she was okay with it, wasn't she?" Fred eyed FP. He had told him that they had talked about it and that she was on board, which didn't seem like it.

"Yeah, she would have told me if she wasn't. Maybe she had a headache." He shrugged, not seeing the signs of how upset she truly was.

**

Alice walked into her own apartment, where Polly and Sweet Pea where on the couch together, giving Daisy her bottle.

"Honey, I am going to the park. Care to join me?" She smiled weakly.

Polly looked at her boyfriend, who gave her an assuring nod.

"Go, I will put Daisy to sleep." He kissed her cheek and took their daughter out of her arms to craddle her into his own arms.

Polly smiled gratefully and grabbed her jacket to follow her mother outside. All the way towards the park she didn't say anything. Something was definitely off.

"Is everything alright, Mom? Where are you with your head?" Polly broke the silence as they made their way through Pickens Park.

"FP is moving to L.A. for a year." She said quietly, her eyes filling with tears as she said those words out loud once more.

"Wait, what? Seriously? Why?" asked Polly confused as she grabbed her Mom's arm to stop her in her tracks.

"For work. Fred gave him the lead to a new big project." said Alice sadly, already sniffling.

"And are you okay with long distance?" She asked carefully, even when she could read the answer in her eyes.

"I don't want him to go, Polly." Alice cried silently, for the first time surrendering of this building sadness inside her.

"Oh, Mom... come here." Polly embraced her mother tightly, and she immediately clutched her daughter's jacket in her hand, not wanting to let go as she sobbed quietly.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't dump this on you. You've got enough on your plate." Alice pulled back with a shaky voice and wiped away the tears that streamed down her cheek.

"If you don't want him to, why don't you tell him? Can't you be honest?" Polly softly caressed her mother's hair.

"I want him to follow his dreams, I really do! Telling him that I want him to stay here with me is selfish. I just need to power through." Alice took a deep breath in, as if that would get rid of all she was feeling.

"Does he know how much you care?" Again, Polly knew that this was something her Mom always did, but her relationship with FP was different then the one she once had with her Dad, right? They were open and honest with each other, weren't they?

"I guess so... that is pretty obvious, isn't it?" Alice sniffed, and wiped her cheeks dry with her gloves.

"We're talking about FP here.... I think you need to be clear about how you feel about this, not assuming he magically knows." Polly said softly. After getting so close with him she knew a little that things weren't as easy as they were with others. FP needed clarity.

"I don't think I can, honey." Alice cried quietly, knowing that if she did, she might risk losing him.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

54.3K 2.3K 38
Alice wants to regain herself so she looks for happiness in the arms of her old love. FP tries to arrange his life with Alice. One day their relation...
3K 181 16
Literally the title explains everything......(I know nothing about what it's really about so please bare with me) Once again just love that pic of th...
66.5K 4.2K 55
Jughead's father is released from prison and suddenly becomes homeless. As the boy was already living with Alice and Betty, why couldn't his Dad live...
8K 557 28
She still sees him. She still talks to him. Alice works in her garden every single day, after having devoted her life to the flowers she grows and s...