Living Next Door To Alice

falicewins

After her divorce, Alice moves to a small town called Riverdale. She meet her neighbors Fred Andrews and FP J... Еще

1/ Moving on, moving In
2/ The First Dinner
3/ The Hangover Cure
4/ Three Year Anniversary
5/ The Runaway
6/ A Laugh With A Friend
7/ Stupid Mistake
8/ Pizza Night
9/ Two Hearts
10/ A Good Day
11/ A Dark Day
12/ Falling For The Blondes
13/ The First Date
14/ The Bomb Explodes
15/ A Night Under The Stars
16/ Start Of A New Life
17/ Everything Will Be Alright
18/ The Other Woman
19/ The Letter
20/ Farewell
21/ Toledo
22/ Return to Riverdale
23/ Anybody Home?
24/ Mornings Like These
25/ Baby Shower
26/ Home
28/ Father Figure(s)
29/ My Girl
30/ Papa Don't Preach
31/ Mary
32/ Holiday Fever
33/ Isn't She Lovely?
34/ Secret Santa
35/ Taking Chances
36/ Going Away
37/ Long Distance
38/ The Golden Coast
39/ Peace
40/ Like It Used To Be
41/ The Girl Next Door
42/ Bubble
43/ Do You?
44/ Family Meeting
45/ Love You More
46/ I Do!
47/ Happily Ever After
48/ Epilogue

27/ Past, Present, Future

944 54 11
falicewins

When Alice's eyes fluttered open, she saw that the man next to her was already wide awake. His fingers were stroking her upper arm as he watched her with a smirk. She had no idea how late it was, but with the flashes off last night wandering in her mind it must have been late already.

"You're smiling." Alice said sleepily as she fully opened her eyes and grinned.

"Waking up next to you makes me happy." FP whispered quietly with a happy twinkle in his voice.

"Is that so?" Alice hummed, scooting over a little closer to him.

"Uh-huh." He nudged her nose with his own and leant in to peck a kiss on her lips. However, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?" Fred's voice echoed from the other side.

FP reaggranged the bedsheets a little and Alice made sure her to clutch it close to her chest.

"Yeah, sure. Come on in." FP called, turning around to face his friend.

"My date with Hermione is tonight and I am freaking out already." His voice was filled with nerves and anxiety. Normally he would have waited for them to wake-up, but it was almost eleven in the morning and he desperately needed someone to rant to.

"But it isn't in another eight hours." Alice raised her eye-brow. There was enough time to prepare him.

"It has been decades since I last had a first date, Alice." Fred reminded her, which to him meant that it was a big deal in a way it most likely wasn't to someone else.

"Okay, alright. Let us put on some clothes and we'll talk to you in the living room." Alice send him a warm smile.

Fred chuckled a little and shook his head. "You two are animals, aren't you?"

"We're happy, leave us alone." FP teased and threw the sock next to the bed towards his friend, who smoothly caught it and threw it back into his face.

"I'm kidding. But I could use some advice." He smiled weakly, his cheeks flushing red. He felt like a teenage boy who was going out with a woman for the very first time.

"Be there in a sec." FP promised, and with that Fred closed the door to give them some privacy.

He slipped out of the bed and threw on the sweatpants he had gotten rid of last night and a fresh t-shirt from his closet. When he turned around he noticed that Alice had putted on her pyjama bottoms and the shirt he had been wearing yesterday. When she putted her hair into a bun, his hands wrapped around her waist while she grinned develishly at him.

"You look so hot in my clothes. Can't Fred wait a little more?" He pecked her lips while his hands roamed her body and landed on her ass.

"You're cute." Alice giggled and kissed him once more. She wanted to turn around to move to the livingroom, but FP tugged her back. What she expected was for him to take things further (which they didn't have time for) but his eyes were soft.

"Hey, before we go... I wanted to say that I really enjoyed last night." He said sweetly, tucking a strand of fallen hair behind her ear.

"It was magical." He whispered, and held her as close as he could.

"You're the most amazing man ever." Alice smiled happily as she relived last night. All his touches, the way he held her, the way he felt, how he made her feel butterflies... all of it.

"Come, we've got to safe Fred from a nervous breakdown." Alice teased and grabbed his hand tightly in her own as they made their way to their friend.

**

"Okay, tell us Freddie boy. Why the nerves?" FP sat down on one of the barstools and turned all his attention towards his friend.

"How do people do it? Dating? The last one I took out was Mary." Fred had been nervous ever since he asked Hermione, but now it came so close it became even worse.

"Be yourself. You're a wonderful man Fred, every one can see it." Alice assured him sweetly. To her there was nothing for him to worry about, but she understood where his nerves came from.

"I hope so..." Fred sighed a little as if that could relief some of the tension in his shoulders.

"Could you guys do me a favor? Can you be there as my double date in case I don't know what to say?" He had been a little hesitated to ask, but truth was that he'd feel a lot better with them around as a safety net.

"If that makes you more comfortable then sure. We'll do that." FP promised him with a soft smile.

"Don't worry, it will be a fun night." He added, playfully bumping his brother's shoulder to lighten the mood.

**

That same night the four of them sat down after being fully satisfied with a three course meal. Conversation between the four had come smoothly and besides that the new confused lovebirds hit it off, both FP and Alice really clicked with Hermione as well.

"Dinner was lovely, Fred. Thank you." Hermione smiled gratefully at her date.

"Gotta give the credit for the dessert to Alice." Fred smirked and nudged Alice, who was sitting next to him, with his shoulder.

"Do you cook for them often?" Hermione asked her with a smile. She knew the two households had grown to be very close.

"Well, Fred knows his way in the kitchen but this one..." Alice eyed FP, fighting her smirk.

"You don't even let me there!" He exclaimed with a laugh.

"We all know why." Fred added to Alice's teasing.

"Alright, alright..." FP feigned his hurt but laughed not long after. He just wasn't the best cook, but lucky for him both Fred and Alice had a gift.

"Hey, you wanna walk it off? I ate too much of that cheesecake, I feel like exploding." FP rubbed his belly and breathed out heavily. It wasn't completely untrue, but mostly he was proposing this so Fred and Hermione could have some time to themselves.

"Sure, let me grab my coat." Alice stood up from the couch followed by FP. He helped her into her jacket and shrugged on his own.

"See you in a bit. Enjoy your night." FP winked at them and closed the door, leaving them alone.

"You're lucky with friends like them. They take good care of you. And you take good care of them, I suppose." Hermione had a soft smile plastered over her face.

Back in New York City she did have a group of friends, but none of them were ever like this loving and caring dynamic as she witnessed here. She absolutely loved the idea of getting to know them better and be part of that.

"Yeah, FP has been my brother ever since we were little. Can't imagine my life without him." Fred smiled sweetly. He knew that how close they were was a very rare gift, but he wasn't just any friend. They were family.

"And Alice has grown to be a very close friend since she moved in. It's weird imagining that eight months ago she didn't live here."

It felt like they had known her for decades, when it fact she hadn't even been living next to them for a year. She didn't only have a special impact on FP, but Fred was eternally grateful for her as well.

"You want some wine?" He proposed, having learned by now that she loved a good red.

"Wine sounds lovely."

She watched the man as he made his way to the kitchen and carefully poured two glasses of the best bottle he had, wanting to impress the woman with a lot of wine knowledge. With a sweet smile he handed her the glass and sad back down again. Hermione noticed how his hands were trembling slightly.

"I appreciate you inviting me. It makes me feel more at home here in Riverdale." Her words were genuine and meaningful, as she had felt very lonely for the longest time now.

But then there had been Alice, FP... and Fred. He was the kindest man she had ever met in her life. This building connection between them meant more to her than she could explain and she didn't want to screw this up.

The words of FP and Alice just before Hermione arrived echoed through his head.

"Take a risk, Fred. I did it with Alice and look how happy we are."

"Hermione is a wonderful woman who you obviously like. Go for it."

"Believe me, she liked you too. I've seen that from the start."

And so, with the words of support from his friends, Fred leant in a little. He gave her the chance to back out if she didn't want this, but to his surprise she leant in just the same. A featherlight kiss followed, and for the very first time the two locked lips. Fred carefully deepened it and intertwined the fingers of their free hands.

But then real life hit him. This wasn't a fairytale. This wasn't only about how much he liked her and if she might feel the same. Fred skipped a few steps that were crucial for him to take. He couldn't do it like this. That wasn't fair.

Suddenly, he pulled back and closed his eyes.

"Is everything alright?" Hermione asked concerend, and squeezed the hands that were still holding each other.

"Hermione, I hope you don't take this the wrong way..." He began to stutter as he was afraid to explain himself, but her eyes were so calm and welcoming that he got himself together and continued.

"You're wonderful, really. In my wildest dreams I wouldn't even dare of a woman like you going on a date with me." He smiled sweetly.

It was something he needed her to know. This was in no way about her, but about something he hadn't fully processed yet.

"But as you know... my wife died three years ago. And though it seems like I should move on, I just can't. I love her dearly and doing this feels wrong. Like I am betraying her." Fred confessed, his voice cracking as he spoke.

Talking about Mary wasn't always easy for him. And this time he knew he might throw away something special, but he couldn't look past it yet. He was still grieving, and he needed to listen to what his heart was telling him.

"You must have really loved her." Hermione said quietly, the softest smile tugging on her lips.

"I did. I still do. I am so sorry." Fred whispered, his voice filled with guilt.

"Don't apologize, you can just let go of someone so special. No matter if they are here or not." Hermione comforted him, and briefly stroke with her hand over his cheek.

She admired him for being so open and honest with her, and truth was; the way he spoke about his wife was touching her soul. It was another reason of why she was so drawn to him. He really loved with all his heart.

"Would it be okay for you if we stay friends?" He asked her, carefully.

"I'd love to be your friend, Fred." Hermione smiled, and pulled him into a comforting embrace that be gladly melted into.

**

FP and Alice had made their way to the park, and walked under the bright stars of the night. The sky was clear and the sight was absolutely beautiful. They had their hands tightly wrapped in the others as they kept on walking.

"How do you think it's going with Fred and Hermione?" Alice shared her thought out loud. Would  something have happened? Did Fred take a shot?

"I hope he is loosing up a bit. It's a big day for him." FP had no clue either, but as long as Fred was relaxing it would all be fine.

He looked sideways to face his girlfriend, but she was starting in front of her with a big smile on her face.

"What are you grinning about?" He chuckled, and squeezed her hand a bit.

"Nothing. Just that life has it's crazy ways." She looked at him now, her happy expression not leaving her face.

"A year ago the ink on my divorce papers had barely dried and now I'm here with you, happier than ever." She whispered sweetly, and made them stop in their tracks.

FP grew soft and pulled her close to his body before pressing a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Al, I am so grateful that you came into my life. You're more than what I ever wished for to find." He nudged his nose against hers, effectively making her smile.

"Me too, FP. I count my lucky stars every single day that I moved across the hall." Her eyes glinsterend in the moonlight, and that is when he knew he had to say it.

He had been feeling this for a while now and even when it was still so early in their relationship, he needed for her to know where he stood.

"I hope that what I am about to tell you isn't going to scare you away, but..." He looked into her eyes as he let fall a pause, in one he was trying to muster up the courage to say those three meaningful words.

However, Alice smiled and interrupted him before he could even proceed.

"I love you too." She said softly, smiling like a teenager in love. FP was filled with shock and a little disbelief. He had never expected for her to say it back.

"There is no need to be scared. I feel the same. I love you." She repeated, as she softly stroke his beard with her fingers, knowing that he needed for her to say it out loud. And though it was scary, everything about it felt right.

"You do?" He asked softly, as he grinned brightly.

"I love you more than you know." She whispered.

"I love you so much, Alice." He finally kissed her and they melted into each other's touch under the clear night sky, feeling luckier than they had ever felt.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

3K 181 16
Literally the title explains everything......(I know nothing about what it's really about so please bare with me) Once again just love that pic of th...
233K 8.2K 71
"This started out as just sex and that's how it'll stay." "So we're just friends who fuck?" "Exactly." ❌ Alice Smith is freshly divorced and drinking...
9.6K 489 31
Alice is a very successful actor she has a kid who isn't such a kid anymore and a husband...Alice finds her self in a sticky situation with a certain...
Stuck With Me nouk

Фанфик

66.5K 4.2K 55
Jughead's father is released from prison and suddenly becomes homeless. As the boy was already living with Alice and Betty, why couldn't his Dad live...