The Tired Villainess

By Potatophobia

Lihua was an accomplished woman who lived a lonely life. Everyone thought that she had a loving family and wa... More

A/N
Prologue
Xu Qiang - 1.1
Xu Qiang - 1.2
Xu Qiang - 1.3
Xu Qiang - 1.4
Xu Qiang - 1.5
Xu Qiang - 1.6
Xu Qiang - 1.7
Xu Qiang - 1.8
Xu Qiang - 1.9
Xu Qiang - 1.10
Xu Qiang - 1.11
Xu Qiang - 1.12
Xu Qiang - 1.13
Xu Qiang - 1.14
Xu Qiang - 1.15
Xu Qiang - 1.16
Xu Qiang - 1.17
Alena Wilson - 2.1
Alena Wilson - 2.2
Alena Wilson - 2.3
Alena Wilson - 2.4
Alena Wilson - 2.5
Alena Wilson - 2.6
Alena Wilson - 2.7
Alena Wilson - 2.8
Alena Wilson - 2.9
Alena Wilson - 2.10
Alena Wilson - 2.11
Han Suyin - 3.1
Han Suyin - 3.2
Han Suyin - 3.3
Han Suyin - 3.4
Han Suyin - 3.5
Han Suyin - 3.6
Han Suyin - 3.7
Han Suyin - 3.8
Han Suyin - 3.9
Han Suyin - 3.10
Han Suyin - 3.11
Han Suyin - 3.12
Han Suyin - 3.13
Han Suyin - 3.14
Han Suyin - 3.15
Han Suyin - 3.17
Han Suyin - 3.18
Han Suyin - 3.19

Han Suyin - 3.16

11.8K 614 189
By Potatophobia

The Emperor's eunuch had informed Han Xiu that the Han residence was still empty and was cleaned prior to his arrival. Fu Guan, Biyu and a portion of soldiers could live there until they had to leave. Han Xiu didn't know how to separate his soldiers without seeming biased so he told them to decide it between each other.

In the end, the soldiers couldn't decide what they should do so Han Xiu bought an empty manor that was quieter and not in the centre of the capital so that the soldiers could stay there and have a training ground as well.

The weather seemed to have become much warmer and better, Han Xiu could go out peacefully without worrying about collapsing at a store. When he told Fu Guan about his illness, Fu Guan thought that he could be cured and wanted to call a physician.

"It's no use, it can't be cured anymore."

"You have to try!"

"It won't kill me, old man. Don't worry about it."

Han Xiu was sent a few servants at his place shortly after he settled in. They were all hustling around and a lot of the maids seemed to have crushes on the soldiers. They were young servants and they were all managed by a stern woman, who Fu Guan seemed to like.

One day, Han Xiu wanted to go out and see the markets and stores in the capital, since he didn't have any plans to do anything. He told Fu Guan and left the Han residence, looking for some fun. Han Xiu would've left the house wearing some sort of mask to hide his identity but, nobody knew him and he could easily get away without being recognized.

When Han Xiu reached the busy markets of the capital, his face lit up and he started to roam around and talk to the elderly people who were selling their products from stalls. He met an old lady and he told her that he wasn't from around here. He started to talk with her and found out that she had been selling her stuff for a long time now, it would be close to 15 years. The old woman was very chatty so she started to tell Han Xiu about the new gossip that she heard around the streets.

"You know young man, I heard that one of the new store owners around here is going around and buying all the people's restaurants!" The old woman whispered.

"No!" Han Xiu dramatically said.

"Yes!" She continued speaking. "And this new owner bought all of the remaining empty stores!"

"Really? Have you met him?" Han Xiu went closer to the lady and whispered, "or her?"

The old lady playfully pushed him back and laughed. "I'll tell you what, I've seen the owner from far, far away, but he's not as handsome as you, you sly fox." She pulled one side of his cheek jokingly.

"Hey! Why am I a fox?" Han Xiu rubbed his cheek softly.

"You seem like someone who isn't what they say they are."

"You've got that right granny." Han Xiu picked up an apple that was on top of the old woman's stall and took a bite from it. "I've got to run."

"Who's going to pay for the apple? Your father?" The old woman spoke when she saw that Han Xiu was leaving.

"Check behind your ear!" He replied looking back at her while continuing to walk forward.

The old lady pulled the money from behind her ear and smiled, "A true fox you are, young man."

Han Xiu winked at her and turned to go another direction which would lead him to the side of one of the buildings that were there. As he turned to look back in front, he brushed shoulders with another man whose face was covered by a mask. The man also had a servant beside him so Han Xiu could tell that he was probably important.

However, Han Xiu needed some drama so he dismissed the fact that this person could possibly kill him for being disrespectful.

"Sorry, wasn't watching where I was going." Han Xiu apologized casually and patted the man's shoulder. He started to walk away when the servant on the side spoke.

"You dare touch His H-Master so casually?" The servant stuttered a bit.

"I apologized though?" Han Xiu looked at the servant, then to the man. "We're cool, right?"

The mysterious man tilted his head to the side slightly, then slowly nodded.

Ah man. Why is he alright with it? The servant seems mad though.

Han Xiu looked back at the servant. "See? Your Master was alright with it, seems like you were more offended than him."

"I-"

"Okay, I'll apologize to you. I'm sorry for apologizing to your Master." Han Xiu said respectfully.

"Well-"

"I see how that seemed rude. Okay, I'm sorry for being disrespectful to you and your Master." Han Xiu apologized properly this time, seeing that the important man still didn't have a problem with him.

"I have to go now. Nice meeting you." He bowed lightly.

Han Xiu moved away from the two men and started to make his way to one of the new restaurants that Su Leili made. When he had left, the man took off his mask and lightly laughed. Since they were by the side of a building, there were no people there as it was like an alley.

The man's face was almost the same as He Mingyu's. The resemblance was uncanny, the same sharp eyebrows, cold eyes, all of it was on this man's face. He slowly put his mask back on and said to his servant in his deep voice.

"There are strange people here in Jiu."

...

Han Xiu, after a lot of asking around, managed to find Su Leili's restaurant. He thought that he could rely on his memories but it was too foggy in his mind to see where it was. When he was nearing the place, he saw a long line of people that led out of the door and onto the street.

Oh come on! Obviously the female lead would have a ridiculously long line in front of her restaurant!

Slowly strolling by the place, Han Xiu asked one of the people in the line. "Hey, how long have you been standing here for?"

The person that Han Xiu asked was shocked at the handsome man who stood beside him. It's something that Han Xiu noticed quite a bit. He would get a lot of amazed gazes but nobody would come to him and say anything because to the commoners, he was out of their league and most likely a noble. And to the nobles, he was most likely a handsome commoner who had no status, and therefore, had no use.

"Uh-Maybe half a day?" The person replied nervously after seeing the anticipation in the handsome man's eyes.

"Half a-what?!" Han Xiu exclaimed. "You've been waiting for half a day to eat here?!"

"Y-yes."

Han Xiu stood to the side looking at the ground thoughtfully. His enchanting eyes suddenly lit up and he looked the the person.

"Do you want to eat now?"

"Sure." The person replied.

"Would you like to be my servant for a bit?" Han Xiu asked hopefully.

The person was already hungry and he couldn't bear to say no to the man, so he nodded.

"Great." Han Xiu yanked him out of the line and his spot was gone in half a second. The young women behind the person were staring at Han Xiu curiously.

Han Xiu put a finger up to his lips and winked at them. The women blushed and giggled, they put their fingers to their lips, silently confirming that they won't snitch.

Han Xiu smiled at them and disappeared with his new temporary servant.

"What are you planning to do?" The guy asked.

"I'm going to get us a free meal."

"How?" The guy asked.

Han Xiu explained his plan to the guy, who was patiently listening. By the time Han Xiu finished talking, the guy was already straightening up his clothes and fixing his hair.

"How are we going to get in? The people in the line have already seen us."

"That's why we're not going from the front."

Knowing that Su Leili would design her building to fit more modern standards, there was bound to be a secret entrance hiding somewhere. Someplace where she could enter as a girl, but come out with her disguise. Han Xiu walked to the back of the building with the guy trailing behind, whose name he found out was Yingjie.

Looking around for a little bit, Han Xiu finally saw a spot that seemed unusual. The back of the building was covered in sunlight, so the ground reflected the light since it's opaque but, there was a trap door-sized shape by the corner of the wall which was taking in the light instead of blocking it off.

Bingo.

Han Xiu walked up to the shape and gently kicked it. It was hollow. Han Xiu laughed and took off the light layer of rags that was covering the door. There it was. A handle, which connected to a little door.

Waving Yingjie over, Han Xiu wrapped his glove covered fingers around the handle and pulled it open. A set of steep stairs was waiting below for the both of them. Before they went in, Han Xiu turned to look at Yingjie.

"Do I look noble? Like a scholar maybe?" He asked curiously.

"You look scary." Yingjie said.

"In a good way or in a bad way?"

"Um, in a good way?" Yingjie replied confused.

"Oh." Han Xiu said plainly. "So I'm scary in a good way."

"I suppose so." Yingjie responded. "You're very friendly, but that's a good thing."

"Well thanks, man." Han Xiu accepted the sort of backhanded compliment from his temporary servant. "You remember what we need to do, right?"

"Yes, Master." Yingjie bowed and said respectfully.

"Great job, my faithful servant. Now let us eat!" Han Xiu looked down at the steep stairs that were almost vertical. "Maybe you should go first."

Yingjie didn't mind going down the stairs so he nodded and started to make his way down.

If Su Leili wanted to have a secret entrance, couldn't she make the stairs safer?

"You can come down too!" Yingjie whisper-yelled at Han Xiu when he saw that his fake Master didn't move from his spot.

"Right, sorry!" Han Xiu replied and started to climb down the very dangerous stairs after he closed the trap-door on top.

When he reached the floor below, Yingjie gestured him over to where they could some light showing. There was another set of stairs but it was more like the typical stairs you would see in this era, and was much more safer.

Yingjie started to go up these stairs and slightly pushed up the place where the stairs ended. It was another trap-door. Using more force, Yingjie pushed the door open and held the side of it so that it didn't make a lot of noise when he opened it more.

Han Xiu followed and they both got out of the underground area and entered the restaurant. Han Xiu guessed that the place that they were at right now was the back room which was reserved for the restaurant's owner.

Once the two men straightened up their clothes, they left the back room. Han Xiu grabbed Yingjie's arm and they swiftly went up to the second story of the restaurant and since the place had a lot of people, nobody noticed where they came from.

The bottom floor of the restaurant was for the regular citizens and the top floor was for the nobles and prominent people. There were numerous rooms on the top floor and when the nobles would come, they would occupy a room for more privacy to dine and talk.

One side of the walls for each room was a foggy type of glass so that the waiters could see the people inside the room when they would call for them. Han Xiu saw an empty room through the glass and entered it with Yingjie.

The room had simple decorations, it was elegant and soothing to look at. Han Xiu saw some snacks on the table and went to go and eat some. Yingjie followed and they both sat down and waited until a waiter came to look through the glass.

While waiting, Han Xiu saw a silhouette of a person come near their room. Han Xiu wasn't certain that it was a waiter since the person's steps were rushed. That person quickly entered the room that Han Xiu and Yingjie were in and closed the door behind them, leaning against it with their eyes closed.

When the person calmed down and opened their eyes, Han Xiu raised a brow at the person. The person was wearing male robes, was short, had delicate features and looked like a very feminine man.

Well, well, well. Hello Su Leili.

Su Leili, whose male name was Su Peizhi, looked at the two people in front of her and her eyes became cold. Her face was flushed, it seemed like she was trying to get away from someone.

"Who are you?" Su Leili asked in a cold tone.

Han Xiu wondered if Su Leili was not trying to sound like a man or if her voice just couldn't go deep. Su Leili's man voice sounded very cute to him, it was no wonder Xing Yi Chen figured out that she was a woman instantly.

When Han Xiu looked at Yingjie beside him, he saw that his servant seemed to believe that the person in front of them was a man. Han Xiu turned back and looked at Su Leili.

"Who are you?" He questioned back, not at all afraid of the female lead of this world.

"I'm Su Peizhi. The owner of this restaurant." Su Leili said harshly and looked at Han Xiu up and down.

"Well, Su Peizhi, the service at your restaurant is very underwhelming." Han Xiu sighed. "I was expecting a lot more from this place."

"If you don't like it here, then leave." Su Leili stood her ground and glared at Han Xiu.

Han Xiu stood up and slowly walked towards her. For every step he took, Su Leili became shorter and shorter in his line of vision. When he was a good distance near her, he looked down at the stubborn eyes of the female lead and bent down to her ear and whispered.

"Not yet darling, we're here for a good meal."

...

Hey guys! Just wanted to say, thank you for the support! I really love reading comments so feel free to leave as many as you like!

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.4K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
364K 42.3K 20
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
476K 26.6K 47
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ☆|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
645K 38.9K 48
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...