welcome to the team {dreamwas...

By aliandgracehot

when you become the dream team editor... somethings bound to happen. right? written summer 2020: republished... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter twenty
epilouge

chapter nineteen

42.9K 1.3K 2.4K
By aliandgracehot

~~ y/n's pov ~~

a couple days later, i was getting ready to sleep when i got a very exciting discord dm.

scott: would u be interested in joining this mcc? we need a couple more players for teams! :)

i instantly replied yes and let out an quiet cheer. mcc was one of my favorite events to watch and the chance of playing in one? it would be absolutely amazing.

i got added to the offical discord and was greeted with a couple heys. i realized not many people actually knew me, but it was okay.

they'd definitely know after this.

george came busting through my door, followed by the other two. i threw my covers over me, hiding my body under the blankets.

"hello? what are y'all doing in here - i was about to sleep." i muttered, slightly ticked off.

"we came to congratulate you of course!" nick said as he sat down on the edge of my bed. i kicked at him and he stood back up almost instantly.

on the other side clay also had sat down but i didn't feel like kicking at him too, so i threw my hands up in frustration.

"let me to go sleeeep." i groaned and fell back into my pillows.

"y/n did you even see your team? you're totally going to win, it's way too op."

i thought for a second and then realized i hadn't.

"it's fine, i'll just look tomorrow when they announce teams. now kindly get out before i start throwing things."

a series of groans were said, and then i heard the shuffling of feet and the soft click of my door.

-

the next morning i was sitting on the balcony trying to find some peace and quiet, away from the circus going on inside. i wasn't 100% sure on the details, but i did know one person had stolen another's clothes while they were in the shower. i had zero desire to watch that unfold, so here i was.

i admired the morning city while my phone buzzed on the table.

i finally noticed and picked it up, big grin spreading on my face.

@ MCChampionship_ :
👑 Announcing team Pink Parrots! 👑

@ Technothepig @ y/u/n @ Ph1LzA @ Nihaachu

Watch them compete...

i liked the tweet and decided to reply with a simple,

@ y/u/n:
winners pov winners pov winners pov

i was really excited to be with them, but i started to get a bit nervous as i thought more. i had spoken to Niki in the past a few times, but i didn't know the other two at all. i guess i would just have to make a good first impression.

the door slid behind me and george came through it, settling down into the chair next to me. i gave him a quiet 'hey' and he nodded in response.

"they still fighting?"

"yes."

"i want to move back home, swear."

george noticed the tweet open on my phone and nodded to it.

"so you saw your team? it's so stacked even with all your dead weight, techno and phil are totally going to carry you." he teased at me and i gave him a polite punch in the shoulder.

"you are so rude-" another punch. "-i'm going to kick your ass in battle box, dont test me."

he rolled his eyes and let out a sigh.

"still got that same stubbornness, glad to see you haven't changed. was worried all this dream-whatever-it-is had made you soft." he laughed under his breath.

this next punch was not light. he swore slightly and stared at me with a 'what was that?' expression.

"don't look at me like that, you know what you said. there was no need to bring it up." i crossed my arms and defended myself.

his jaw dropped as he stared at me, like i had just confessed of a murder.

"HOW DUMB ARE YOU BOTH?! i swear, i'm going to get grey hairs before you guys date."

i shook my head, still not believing him. there were more signs that clay might have feelings, my guard was still high. i wouldn't put it past george to pull a prank this elaborate.

"y/n i swear to god, when are you going to believe me? it's getting painful at this point how blinded you both are. it's like watching the worlds worst romcom."

i glanced back inside to see clay chasing nick around the kitchen island, goofy grin spread on his face. it made me smile, and i could feel george's glance on me.

"just tell him, i promise it'll work out." he spoke out to me, soft and genuine.

i took a breath and nodded.

i would tell him.... eventually. 
just not now.

-

the day passed like any other and before i knew it, it was time for my stream. i had introduced myself to my team earlier, and techno said that he would teach me the parkour map tonight.

i settled into my favorite sweats and grabbed my water before tweeting out my link.

@ y/u/n:
mcc parkour w/ techno (what?!??) !! i'm going to fall so much 😖

i started stream and waited for people to join. i spotted a few familiar names in chat and greeted them before addressing the rest of chat.

my stream community was always a bit smaller, but we were very tight. i played games with my discord members at least twice a week, and knew majority of them by name.

"hello, hello everyone! are you guys excited for the first mcc practice? i already know im going to be so bad so no bullying in chat or i will throw a temper tantrum." i said to them with a laugh.

i clicked over to the discord call i was deafened in and said hello to techno.

he responded with his signature 'hullo." this was very surreal, techno was always somewhat of an inspiration, especially in pvp. and now we're like... friends?

i quickly shook the thought and joined into the practice server. we went obstacle by obstacle, techno giving pointers and suggestions, and me failing. a lot.

"okay so here, it's best to shift at the entrance and then you can get through the hole. if you don't the trapdoor won't let you through."

i double tapped my space bar and pressed w and shift, but missed the entrance entirely. no surprise to me, but it got a chuckle from techno.

"it's a good thing you're good at pvp, otherwise i'd kick you off the team."

i let out a pent up laugh, finally allowing myself to relax.

"cmon now, we all know parkour barely counts. it's only sweaty freaks that actually like it." i responded, with a slight jab at dream and sapnap who i knew were watching. i also knew how often they played this parkour map, it was absurd at times.

after another couple attempts, my donation notification came though my headphones. i muted quickly and scanned the message.

dreamwastaken donated $3
quit shit talking until you can make a basic jump

"thanks for the 3 dream! i'm not sure what you're talking about because i never said anyone's name... but if the shoe fits i suppose." i chuckled and unmuted.

i quickly scanned my chat as i fell into the void for the bazillionth time, and noticed him vip chat spamming.

@ dreamwastaken: shut up shut up

"hey mods, can we ban the spammer please? thank you!"

-

after another hour or so i decided to end. i raided a smaller streamer, then clicked back to the parkour map. i was hoping i could do better without the pressure of viewers, so i settled in.

a knock at my door cut my focus, and i called out to them as i fell.

clay cracked it open and when he realized what i was doing, his face lit up.

"how's it going?" he asked, nodding his head to my screen.

i let out a disappointed sigh as i tried to answer.

"honestly? not great. it's just very repetitive and frustrating, you know?"

his expression seemed sympathetic as he came up behind me and leaned on the back of my chair.

"i'm not sure if this will be helpful right now, but i can help you if you want?" he asked, almost hesitantly.

i popped up, and turned around to face him, nodding excitedly. he seemed relieved and spoke up again.

"really? great, i'll go grab my chair! one sec."

he headed out my door and down the hall to his room. i peered down and a couple seconds later, he re-emerged in his chair.

he carefully lined up with my door, and pushed down the hallway, gracefully making it through and crashing into mine.

i laughed at his stupidity, but slid over so he could pull up to my desk with me.

as he settled in, i started a new run. i made it through the first stage pretty quickly, and then got stuck on the trapdoor part of the second stage.

"okay so, try it again and move with the call outs i give you." he said and i nodded in agreement.

with his help, i was able to clear the next couple stages easily. i then arrived at the dreaded panes and grimaced.

i started off and missed the first one. i bit my lip as i leaned forward and focused harder. after no avail, i leaned back in annoyance.

"hey it's okay, here let me show you something." he said as i leaned forward again.

i put my hands back on my mouse and keyboard, but get slightly taken back when clay placed his hands on top of mine.

he guides them to a different position then pulls back, to my sudden disappointment. i glance over at him, cheeks slightly rosy and he grins back, apparently aware of the effect he has on me.

i try once more with the new arrangement, but since i'm not used to it yet it doesn't work as well as i hoped.

i know what i want now, so i take a quiet breath and decide to ask.

"wait can you just like- show me yourself? hands-on might be better in this case, you know?" i ask heart slightly racing.

"yeah sure. for the parkour." he teases me, but gets closer anyways.

his hands guide mine, and i clear the level instantly. i turn to quickly face him, and then realize how close we really are.

we're sitting shoulder to shoulder, arms wrapped in the other, with little space in between. it suddenly becomes too much too fast so i glance back to my monitor, face blazing.

we play a little more like that, and i start to get the hang of it. i realize i've been playing parkour for almost 4 hours now, and i suddenly feel very tired.

i begrudgingly pull away from the keyboard, and start shutting everything off. clay pulls away too, and leans back in his chair as i finish.

i swivel in my chair to face him, when i notice something different.

he's just looking at me, but it feels like more than just a glance. there's an unspoken tension and for once i know what i want.

my eyes study his face, and i unconsciously bit the back of my lip.

before i realize it however, he's standing up and pulling his chair behind him. i snap out of my trance and stand up to say goodnight.

"well um, i had fun tonight. see you tomorrow y/n." he says almost sadly and i return the sentiment.

i shut my door softly behind me and head to bed, mind swirling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 85.4K 54
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊Offline! *ੈ✩‧₊°* With a traumatic past that separated her from her best friend, What happens when Maisie finally reunites with him years late...
250K 6.8K 30
"you're gonna wanna be my best friend, baby." fem oc x dreamwastaken started: dec. 26 2020 finished: apr. 4 2021
1.9M 77K 100
▍ 𝐄𝐑𝐑Ø𝐑 ! ↳ ❪ 𝖺 𝖽𝗌𝗆𝗉 𝖿𝖺𝗇𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 . . . ❫ ❛ OH DARLING LOOK HOW DIRTY YOU'VE MADE ME BECOME ❜ 🍷 ָ࣪ ۰ 🍒 › ...
319K 9.6K 32
streaming. you've been doing it for forever, since you were 14. you're currently 20 in this story. well, it all got chaotic once you auditioned for...