Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Black Dragon

328 8 0
By snuttlebug

"What about this one?"

"It doesn't give enough jewel."

"This one?"

"We don't have the magic abilities to do that one."

"This one has to be it."

"Kira, why don't we just pick this one?" Emi suggested as she handed over a job request.

"Because," Kira stated with annoyance, "that one requires someone like Lector which means Sting would come."

Emi rolled her eyes and put her hand on Kira's shoulder before telling her that it wouldn't be that bad.

"Easy for you to say. You're dating him."

"Don't you want someone to carry our stuff?"

"No. I want it to just be us this time."

Emi looked at her friend amused before agreeing and picking out a request.

"What about this one?"

Kira shrugged her shoulders and agreed. It was a job to apprehend a rogue wizard, and it said that he was a fire mage. Kira smirked and said that it would be easy for her as a water mage to defeat him. She seemed to realize something and turned to Emi.

"Didn't you say that you were weak against fire?"

"I've learned some water spells that could counter it. Plus I have some other new spells I would like to try."

"Oh hell yes! I get to see new spells. That's my favorite part of taking jobs with you."

"Not my company?" Emi joked.

Kira lightly punched Emi on the shoulder before bringing the request flyer to Mich. They quickly packed what they needed and got on the train.

"It's like a three hour train ride. This sucks."

Emi was looking at the trees from the window when she turned to Kira and reminded her that at least Sting wasn't with them.

"Oh thank god. I would've killed him by now."

---------------------------------------------------

"So where exactly are we supposed to find him?"

"Woods."

"I want to go somewhere other than the woods for once," Kira complained.

"I actually like the woods. It seems like it would be a great place to live, don't you think?"

"Oh? Are you going to move into the woods one day?" Kira asked playfully.

"And then I did!" Emi cheerfully exclaimed.

"Yeah," Laxus grunted, "you sure did."

Kira had taken the lead as they walked through the woods. Emi felt a presence behind her and quickly turned around just in time to block an attack that was aimed at her back.

"Kira, behind you!"

Kira looked around and made a "huh?" sound before she barely missed a fireball that flew at her. She huffed before fully facing the rogue wizard. She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.

"You're not supposed to be here until we get in the middle of the woods. We wanted to chat a little longer before we kicked your ass."

The figure stepped out of the trees with an evil smirk on his face. He was wearing a white cloak and had a big hat that was covering most of his face. Emi stepped forward and put her hand out to silence Kira. Emi quickly cast her Tidal Wave spell, sweeping the wizard off his feet. He clumsily landed on the ground and initiated his Sun Serpent spell.

Kira smirked before countering with her Sea Serpents. The two spells collided and caused water vapor to cover the area. Emi added her Wind Blade and threw the man against a group of trees. She then used her Dagger Strike to pin him against the tree. Kira sent a wave of water at the man, causing him to start coughing as he struggled to breathe.

"Well?" Kira confidently asked. "Do you give in yet?"

Emi's eyes widened as the man spoke, "They'll find you. They'll get you. Just you see. You'll all feel the wrath of--"

Emi quickly cut the man off with a swift kick to the stomach. He groaned as he slumped over in pain.

"Emi? What's wrong?"

Emi spoke in a cold tone, "You should go back to the inn, Kira."

"What? What's wrong? It's easy enough to turn him in. I can wait to rest."

"You used a lot of magic power in the fight. You should rest."

Kira looked at Emi quisically before slowly nodding and walking out of the forest. She called back before getting out of sight.

"Just be careful walking him back. He might try something."

"Don't worry," Emi sneered, "I can handle him."

Kira disappeared from sight, leaving Emi and the rogue wizard alone. The wizard continued to struggle under the daggers that had pinned him to the tree. Emi smirked devilishly and started to walk closer to him.

"So, who sent you? Which one?"

He paled as he revealed that Sloth had sent him. Emi's face hardened as she grabbed his throat.

"I would let you off with a warning, but I know how you people work. The only way to keep you quiet is to make sure you never speak again."

"He'll get you! He'll find you and--"

Emi squeezed his throat tighter.

"Say," Emi started sarcastically, "how powerful are you really? Everyone made you seem like a very powerful wizard, but all I see is a crying man struggling under my grip."

Emi cast her Shell of Divinity spell, saying, "Now nobody will be able to hear you. Isn't that great?"

"Please don't--"

"I've been reading a book lately on different dragons. Would you like to see a spell?"

"Dragon spells? So you can be a dragon slayer?" Natsu yelled.

All the dragon slayers looked to Emi to see that she had tears in her eyes.

"I don't want to see this. This isn't who I am."

Cain soothed, "You did what you had to, kid. Nobody blames you for it."

"I enjoyed it too much."

"Black Dragon: Chaos Assault."

A giant black cloud shot to the ground in front of her before forming into the shape of a dragon. The cloud hardened into a steel dragon with black scales. It's roar shook the shell and brought down several trees. Emi smirked as the dragon lunged itself at the rogue wizard. His screams echoed off the shell and pierced her ears. The dragon ripped his limbs off before aiming a laser at the body, completely disintegrating it. Emi turned to the black dragon and smiled before patting its nose.

"You really saved me there! Thanks a lot!"

"Daughter of Cain, I can only protect you so much. I will not be able to be summoned in the presence of the Sins. Please keep that in mind."

The dragon broke into black clouds again and blew away.

"Did you just summon Acnologia?!" Fairy Tail exclaimed.

"What? Absolutely not! I would never. That isn't a real dragon at all. It's just an illusion."

"So kind of like Master Mavis and her illusions?" Levy asked.

"It seems to be that way," Mavis answered.

"FIRST MASTER?!"

"When did you get here?" Makarov shouted in shock.

-----------------------------------------

"There you are. I was starting to worry. Were you able to hand over the rogue wizard to the soldiers?"

Emi smiled brightly before nodding and saying that he didn't put up a fight. Kira took Emi's hand and led her to their room at the inn.

"So what're you doing once we get back?" Kira questioned as they both changed.

"I told Lector that I would join him and Sting on a job. After that I plan to train."

The white haired wizard looked down in thought.

"Hey Emi? Are you okay?"

Emi jumped before giving her friend a reassuring smile before going to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 4.6K 47
Anala Dreyar, Laxus' sister, hasn't seen her brother in 15 years. When she finally arrives at the Fairytail guild, everyone is shocked. What will hap...
357K 12.1K 106
៚ Β· 🫧 | π‘πŽπ’π„Μ πƒπ”πŽπ‹πŽπ†π˜ βͺ빛❫ ΒΉ β€· ❛ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘  π‘›π‘œ 𝑒𝑛𝑑 π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘”π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘€π‘–π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘› ...
426K 11.3K 66
Lucy Heartfilia is a 16-year-old. Her mother had died early and her father's business collapsed. Finally having been able to join the most renown gui...
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...