secrets // tvd

By fools_gold

secrets are meant to be kept, right? ~ More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
author's note
author's note part 2

fourteen

850 29 1
By fools_gold

"You are no longer allowed to be unsupervised. You will have Hybrids watching you whenever you go out. I will know where you are going, you will not leave without my permission. Do I make this clear?" Klaus explained to Eleanor as they walked into the mansion. He's been treating her like a little child ever since they got back from New York. Long story short, the two men didn't really care about the police chasing them. Eleanor eventually stopped at Central Park, running to who knows where, looking for who knows what. Unfortunately, she forgot that Klaus was older and faster than her. He caught her, compelled the police into thinking they had the wrong person, and returned home.

"Fine, mother." She said sarcastically and crossed her arms. Klaus stopped in his tracks and turned around to face her.

"One more thing." Eleanor sighed, "You are not allowed near Damon, Stefan, Elena or any of those people."

"I barely know them anyways! Plus, Caroline hates me, I hate her. I don't plan on talking to her ever again." Eleanor crossed her hands like a child.

"Go to your room. I'm meeting with a few people tonight, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't bother us." Klaus continued to treat her like a child.

"God, you're acting like a parent!"

"Well I wouldn't have to if you didn't run off!"

"It's you're fault I ran away! You just wouldn't tell me anything! You kept all you're problems, and whatever I am, to yourself!" Eleanor's fingers started to tingle, and her breathing became heavy.

"Maybe I'm doing it to protect you!" Klaus shouted, totally unaware of what Eleanor was feeling.

"Well, I'd like to know what you are protecting me of!"

"But I'm not going to tell you." Klaus lowered his voice.

"God! Niklaus, you are unbelievable! It was so much more easier to love you centuries ago! Now. I can't even ask a simple question without getting mad! I don't even know if I still love you!" Eleanor shouted, not paying attention to what she was saying. Klaus' face fell and a hurt expression replaced the angered one. Eleanor soon came to realisation of what she just said.

"No, Nik, I didn't mean it, I-I just-" Her eyes filled with tears.

"Save it. You know what, you can just go back to New York. I should've known you didn't love me anymore." Nik said with a bitter laugh at the end. Eleanor slowly shook her head as a lump formed in her throat.

"No, Nik. I love you, I just wasn't thinking. Ple-" Nik cut her off once more.

"I should've never gone looking for you! It was pretty clear that you didn't love me enough to trust me, and let me tell you when I was ready. Look at me, Niklaus Mikaelson, the Original Hybrid who fell for a girl who didn't even love him back." Nik's eyes became glossy.

"Nik, please! I should've listened to you! I was scared that I wouldn't be told what I wanted to know, a-and..." Eleanor trailed off, not knowing what else to say. She was lost for words. Her mind was all over the place, trying to come up with a way to tell him that she truly did love him.

"You don't trust me! That's what it is! You ran off because you didn't believe that'd I'd give you answers to any of your questions! I want you too be safe, Eleanor. But if you can't just simply wait for me to give you you're answers, then there's no use in you being here." Klaus' voice became uneven and shaky. He knew exactly what he was saying. He believed every word that he spoke, convincing himself that Eleanor did not love him at all.

"Nik, please." Eleanor pleaded. She couldn't bear to see him broken. He's just a man who was never loved properly. Always played, fooled, but never loved by anyone else, expect her. He was just too broken too realise it.

"No, Eleanor. Listen, I love you. I truly do, with all my heart. But I'm not sure if you love me back. So please, just leave." Nik looked down, letting a few tears slip out. Because Eleanor understood Niklaus, she knew that he did want to be alone, and that he did love her.

"Okay, Niklaus." Is all she said. She turned around and walked out of the mansion. When she shut the door, she heard glass shattering and vases breaking from inside. Nik's broken sobs filled her ears as she walked away, using her vampire hearing. She couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears flowed out of her eyes, sobs and heavy breaths came from her mouth. She sped off of the Mikaelson's property and into the woods.

Eleanor stopped in the middle of the forest. Her legs gave out under her. She collasped onto her knees, crying her eyes out. She leaned back onto a tree behind her. Her heart clenched as her mind filled with Nik's hurt face. She couldn't believe what she had done. She knew how broken and fragile Nik could be once you were close enough to him. He may come off as a scary, mean, 1000 year-old vampire, but in reality, he was just as normal as everyone else.

But nobody understood him.

Eleanor wrapped her arms around herself. She calmed down, but tears were still coming out of her eyes and the occasional sob. Her hair was a mess, her makeup was most likely ruined, and her clothes were slightly covered in dirt.

"Eleanor?" A voice startled her. She quickly got up and turned around, only to be greeted by familliar blue eyes that seemed brighter than they actually are, due to the moonlight.

"Damon." Her voice was hoarse, probably sounded like someone was on drugs and smoked all the time. She dusted off her clothes and ran her hands through her hair a few times, trying to make herslef somewhat presentable.

"Are you okay?" Damon came closer to her. Eleanor didn't know how to respond. She just slowly shook her head and let out more choked sobs. Damon's eyes became soft, and he wrapped his arms around her. Eleanor instantly responded, tightly hugging back, as if her life depended on it. She continued crying in Damon's warm embrace.

"Sh, Eleanor. What happened?" Damon slowly pulled away from her.

"Me and Nik got into a fight. I accidentally said I-I don't love him but I do! Damon, I love him so much! He's just so broken, that I can't fix him! I want to! i want to mend his heart, I want to make him happy and good. But there's things that just can't be undone." Eleanor poured out what was on her mind.

"Listen, Eleanor. You need to calm down, please. You're stronger than this, I know it. Just rest, and you can sort everything out in the morning. Come back to my place, since it kind of looks like you can't go back to Klaus' place." Damon said. Eleanor nodded and followed him back to his place.

"Damon?" Eleanor asked when they entered the Boarding House. "Why are you being so nice to me? Don't you hate Nik?"

"I don't hate him. That doesn't mean I hate you. I also understand where you're coming from. I sort of when through what you are going through right now." Damon shrugged.

"Thank you." She smiled. Damon smiled back, an actual smile. None of those forced ones that he's been doing lately.

"Come on, I'll show you too a guest room." Damon walked through the house, with Eleanor following, and stopped infront of a door. He opened it and revealed a very Victorian, yet modern, room.

"Thank you." Eleanor said.

"I'll bring you something to wear." Damon sped out of the room. In a matter of seconds, he came back with a black t-shirt and sweatpants. He handed them to Eleanor, then left the room so she could change.

The clothes were slightly baggy on her, considering Damon was a couple of inches taller then her. She felt comfortable in them, though. Eleanor opened the door, and Damon walked in.

"I don't know how I can repay you." Eleanor said as she climbed into bed.

"You don't need to do anything. Just think of this as a friendly gesture." Damon said and sat down at the end of the bed.

"Damon?"

"Yes?"

"Would you risk anything for the person you love?" Eleanor closed her eyes and rested against the soft pillows.

"Well, the thing is, I'm not exactly sure if the person I love, loves me back." Damon shrugged.

"That sucks." Eleanor mumbled and looked at him. Damon nodded in agreement. The two of them fell silent. Eleanor started to drift off to sleep, but said, "Can you lay with me?"

"What?"

"You, Damon, in bed, lay with me." Eleanor rolled her eyes.

"Why?"

"I haven't been in bed with someone in a long time. I just don't want to be alone when I go to sleep." Damon pondered for a second, then shrugged again. He nodded and slipped off his shoes and pants, leaving him in his t-shirt and boxers. He slipped into bed next to Eleanor. He layed there uncomfortably, not know if he should put an arm around her like her seriously wanted too.

Eleanor sighed and moved closer to Damon. She rested her head on his chest and draped her arm around his waist. Damon shifted so he could lay down properly and placed his arm under her, resting his hand on her waist. Their legs instantly intertwined with eachother, as their breathing started to slow down.

The two of them couldn't lie. They both felt butterflies in their stomach as they fell asleep together.

~

guys omg im so sorry it's been so long since i've updated. school has been hectic and my teacher decided to give us way too many tests in the past 2 weeks.

anyways i am going to change the book to a tvd general fanfiction now. so, probably after reading this chapter, things will change drastically.

and thank you guys so much for almost 2k reads! crazy, ily guys so much. i'll try to update once more this weekend, if not, by next week.

ty again for reading and voting! <3

and omg i love that gif of damon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 290 26
The most powerful Mikaelson and the ripper Salvatore......romance,drama and so much more.
621K 14.6K 57
แด›สœแด‡ษดแด€ ๊œฑแด€สŸแด แด€แด›แดส€แด‡ แด…ษชแด…ษด'แด› แด‹ษดแดแดก แดกสœแด€แด› แด€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›ส™ส€แด‡แด€แด‹ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ สœแด‡ แด„สœแด‡แด€แด›แด‡แด… แด€ษดแด… แด€ส™แด€ษดแด…แดษดแด‡แด… สœแด‡ส€. ๊œฑสœแด‡ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› สœแดแด˜แด‡สŸแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แดœษดแด›ษชสŸ แด›สœแด‡ แด›แดกแด แดแด๊œฑแด› ษชแดแด˜แดส€แด›แด€ษดแด› ๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...
193K 4.1K 34
"No one gets to tell me what to do anymore. My life, my choices." Secrets, hidden pasts, and one hell of a ride that all starts with one woman. Will...
91K 2.2K 85
"๐™ต๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐™ธ ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š๐š—'๐š ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š ๐š‹๐šข ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šœ๐š’๐š๐šŽ." {๐™ด๐š•๐š’๐š“๐šŠ๐š‘ ๐™ผ๐š’๐š”๐šŠ๐šŽ...