Broken To Become Stronger

Od GardenOfReflections

In a small town there lived a girl with high hopes and great expectations.Who refused to give in to the tradi... Více

Broken To Become Stronger
Chapter 1•~A moment of solitude
Chapter 2~•Buoyant Spirits
Chapter 3 ~• Acting Brave
Chapter 4 ~• One Step Ahead
Chapter 5 •~ Unexplained
Chapter 6 ~• One Step Closer
Chapter 7~• Faith, Prayer And Hope
Chapter 8•~ Aqee'qah And Announcements
Chapter 9~• The Good News and The Bad News
Chapter 10~• Friends Function and Fun
Chapter 11~• He is Al Hakeem the All-wise
Chapter 12~• Beyond the uncertainties
Chapter 13 ~• Faith Endurance and Belief
Chapter 14~•Farewell And Fi-Amanillah
Chapter 15 ~• A Quest For Truth
Chapter 16~• Confessions Of Truth And Pain
Chapter 17~• With Allah There Is Always A Way
Chapter 18~•Trust the Al-Wakeel
Chapter 19~• Life Is Beautiful
Chapter 20•~ From Friend to Stranger
Chapter 21~• Caught In Knots
Chapter 22 •~That Day Of The Life
Chapter 23•~ Towards A New Begining
Chapter 24•~The little things that counts
Chapter 25•~Rainbows and Pain
Chapter 27~•The good,the bad,the magic and the tragic
Chapter 28~•The Sudden Decision
Chapter 29•~A Glimmer Of Hope
Chapter 30~• And The Life Moves On
Chapter 31•~ Breaking Of Promises
Chapter 32•~ Wisdom, light And Heart
Chapter 33•~Whisper of the heart
Chapter 34•~By Destiny And Design
Chapter 35•~He Promised Her The Sky And She Looked Down
Chapter 36 •~ Shimmering Drops
Chapter 37•~Affection And Deception
Chapter 38 •~love isn't,when it looks it is
Chapter 39•~ The Power Of Pain
Chapter 40 •~ The Final Promise Just Before The End
Chapter 41 •~ Finding beauty In The Breakdown
Chapter 42•~ How do you know
Chapter 43•~ Forever In Your Heart
Chapter 44 •~ If It Was Only Just a Dream
Chapter 45 •~ More Than Getting Through
Chapter 46•~ Tied In Knots
Chapter 47•~ Freedom Through Reliance In Allah
Chapter 48 •~ Pushing Past the Walls
Chapter 49•~ But You Said You Were Different
Epilogue

Chapter 26~•By destiny and design

249 50 12
Od GardenOfReflections

Dedicated to brightshiner_07

Chapter 26

~• By destiny and design

**~**

"Fear not. Indeed, I am with you. I hear and I see."

(20:46)

♡•♡•♡

By the beginning of October, a cool weather settled over the city. People were no longer slaves to the ceiling fans,air conditioners or the ice-cube-filled glasses of water or juice.

Sanitizing the kitchen countertop Yasmeen pulled her sweater sleeve down and walked to the stairs.

"To my beloved, the one who stole my heart and who now holds the key.In an age where finding an agreeable and God-fearing partner is itself becoming an uphill and increasingly challenging task,I am grateful to Allah that HE has blessed me with you".

~Fahil

Standing at the last stair Yasmeen looked at the white board hanging on the wall.His words brought a smile to her face.

They had got a white board for their home on which each would write their thought,views or their favourite quotes everyday in turns. And today it was Fahil's turn to write, she stared at the words for a long moment and, with every repeated read, her stomach felt alive with flutters. Capturing his beautiful words in her phone she clicked at the save option with a profound feeling of gratitude.

Tying her hair up in a tight bun she walked upstairs to her bedroom.They were invited for dinner at one of Fahil's friend's home.It was Kind of getting a class together and pulling off a reunion party, a picnic reunion actually, with the invitation for full family. As much as it excited Yasmeen it stressed her out. Excited she was because she was finally going to meet the families of Fahil's close friends and nervous she was because she wanted to look nice.Even though she always looked beautiful and she was never a clothes conscious person. Infact she hardly cared about her looks but this gathering meant something special for her, unlike any other gathering she had attended so far.She was more of 'Fahil-conscious' than she was self conscious. Standing in front of the wardrobe from the last fifteen minutes and even after going through the entire wardrobe twice, she was still not successful in choosing what to wear.

"Fahil suggest me which one to wear". Holding the two clothes hangers in hands she asked Fahil, who'd opened up his laptop to respond to work emails.He was so engrossed in his work that he didn't reply to her question.

"I asked you something". She reached next to him,a little annoyed at him for bringing his office work to home.

"Yeah I heard you". He said, pressing a key on the laptop.

"Can you just listen to me".

"Yes I am listening".

"No you're just pretending".

"I am really listening to you".He replied, not taking his eyes off the monitor.

"Forget it".She walked off in a huff, picking up the blue gown (intentionally) she put inside the other one before closing the wardrobe.

He stared at her for a moment before pushing himself off the high bed rest and coming to stand to her side."I think the other one will look much better on you".

"You're time is up".

"But I was just going to tell you".

She glared at him and in response he lifted his lips into a small smile and nodded slowly. Infuriated,she turned to walk away but Fahil couldn't let her walk away. He caught her in his arms, hauling her into his embrace." You know you're allowed to wear blue outfits only in front of special few and donning it in this gathering is a definite no".

"You better don't talk to me".She gnarled while trying to break free the lock of his arms around her waist.

He slipped his hands against her palms and laced their fingers together, squeezing her hand tightly.

"What are you doing"?

"I am not talking to you so..."He grinned.

She muffled her laugh and turned around to face him, flinging her arms around the back of his neck,she gazed into the face of the man who had not just completed half of her deen but was also one the most precious blessing in her life.What made this blessing priceless is the fact that it entered in her life by proclaiming Allah's name.And relationship built in the name of Allah,for the pleasure of Allah and with the intention of completing one's half deen is bound to be successful in not just this life but after life too.

"You know you're such a drama king". She smiled.

"Well a drama Queen has to have a drama king". He winked.

"I don't do drama". She pressed her hands lightly against his chest,"If you ever bring my co-wife to home again,I will not allow you to enter home". Indicating to his office work,she 'threatened' him in a serious tone.

"Fine any other command... Ma'am"?Smiling softly he nodded.

"That's all for today".She said with a smile and then hugged him.

"Now with your permission shall we get ready to leave.We are already running late."

"Yeah sure". She pulled herself away although his arm held her,with a close lipped smile, he leaned over and kissed on her forehead softly, resting his head against hers when he pulled away. "You're the best."

"I know". She grinned.

Few minutes later they were on the road,the weather was a bit windy but Fahil was driving slowly.

"Where are we, Fahil"? She turned in her car seat to look at him,whose brow was furrowed in frustration as he tried to figure out the answer to her question.

"I am really not sure".he confessed, squinting his eyes as they passed a street sign,"I think we are lost,but don't worry I'll get us there"

"You know I don't care," she laughed, "I can get lost anywhere as long as you're with me and the fact that you lack a sense of direction just makes you all the more adorable."

His face lit up and his cheeks turned pink as he chuckled.

She held back a sigh,watching him laugh was the most beautiful sight she could ever witness.

She gazed outside the window at the swiftly passing scenery.The weather was nice It looked like it would rain, and the wind made the trees sway. It reminded her of her school days, when she would pray for the rain to not stop until the school finished because she enjoyed walking back home getting drenched in the rain.It also reminded her of Hera who always got upset,whenever it rained, for a reason she never talked about.The sound of the rain hitting the window of the car felt like a natural lullaby,encouraging her to wander in the memories of her childhood.

A wave of sadness and anxiety swept over her and in that moment she didn't feel like she had any good answer to them.

"Fahil i want to go to Khurtum this weekend".She said,her gaze still fixed outside the window.

"Everything alright?Why all of a sudden missing town"?

"I miss my friends.Since marriage i haven't heard from them."

"Did you try to make contact with them"?

"Yes I did, but I never heard back from them.I really miss them". She sounded so innocent,it made him smile.

"Okay, but Yasmeen I have a very important meeting at office this weekend.A delegation from abroad is coming to discuss on our new project and since I am the project head so my presence is mandatory".

"It's alright Fahil you don't have to come with me.Ummi and akhi Shoaib are planning to visit town this weekend so I'll go with them".

A soft smile spread across his face as he responded sincerely,"Fine... I promise you, next time I'll take you there in sha Allah".

She put her hand on his shoulder and gave a soft squeeze,"In sha Allah".

~*~*~*~

In a world of unknown truths and written words. From places seen, to worlds unbelieved.When everything seems to be so obvious yet so concealed. Eisha looked outside the window with distant eyes. All she could think about was everything that happened in the past few months.

"What are you doing here? Everyone is waiting for you downstairs".The male voice was soft but it made Eisha jump nonetheless.

"Nothing...I am not hungry".She replied calming her racing heart beats.

"Still... come downstairs".
He commanded and turned around.

But his words didn't bring any action in her and she remained standing there,her side pressed against the cold wall.Her thoughts refusing to leave her.

"What Is wrong with you?"He advanced few steps towards her,sounding irritated."Since the time you've come back from your home you're acting weird".

"I am asking you something Eisha".His irritation inflated on not receiving any response from her."Every one at home is noticing the change in you".

"Did you tell Ahmed about what happened between Hera and me"?

"Yes"

It didn't take even a second to him,to answer. It seemed like it was a casual question to reply.Eisha looked at him wide eyed, surprised at how easy it was for him to respond to.

"Now stop staring at me like i have killed someone and come quickly. They will not begin the dinner without us".

"Yusuf how can you be so alright about it"? She stood stupefied over his calmness.

"Then what do you want me to do it"?He yelled.

"Why did you tell it to Ahmed"?

"What's wrong in telling him"?

"You're asking me what's wrong"? She sounded like a wounded bird,"Can you not see why it's wrong on so many levels"?

"No i don't see anything wrong in this.What do you want me to do...?Shed tears, just like you do". He replied instantly.

Eisha was surprised at the way he was speaking to her.She took a moment to take few deep breaths to calm down her emotions.

"Why are you discussing this matter with others when we're already done with it"?

"I don't care.It's done for you may be...but it's not for me".

"What do you mean"? None of what he said made sense to her, she was fraught with confusion and anger.

"I mean I will not stop speaking what she did".He replied and this time Eisha could sense the shameless confidence in him.

"And what good will it do to you"?

Instead of giving a direct answer to her question he tried to manipulate her emotionally just like he had been doing till now."So to you, your friend is more important than me".

She chuckled sarcastically pinching the bridge of her nose,"are you really crazy to bring that pointless argument everytime or you just pretend to be one".

"Then why are you so concerned about her"?

"Yusuf stop this nonsense please".She nearly screamed," Yes I am concerned but I am concerned about her honour. Whatever she did is between her and Allah and also we as one unit dealt with it already.Then why on Earth are you talking about it with others"? She is not important to me but yes her honour is and I am going to protect her honour.If you talk about that incident with others it will ruin her honour and I cannot let that happen.And I am asking you to let go of this matter,not because she was my friend rather I'd be doing the same had there been any other girl".

When she was done speaking her breath was fast and irregular.She looked into his eyes,they were cold and appeared lifeless as if some soulless tools and it was frightening.

She closed the distance between them, giving him a one sided hug."Promise me Yusuf,you will not tell this to anybody.A Muslim doesn't go around exposing the sins of other Muslims.It's better if we keep this matter to ourselves.The matter of concealing the faults of others is mentioned in numerous hadith...

"Whoever conceals [the faults of] a Muslim, Allah will conceal [his faults] in this life and the Hereafter."

(Recorded in Muslim)

I know you're upset but I love you and I don't want you to worry over an issue that is no longer an issue in our lives".

He stood there like a statue,arms by his side,not responding to her hug.

Some moments passed before he took her by her arm and slowly pulled her away.Eisha raised her head and met his eyes they seemed expressionless or wait...

Was there hatred in his eyes...?

No!!

But there was no love either.

Did he arm his eyes with scorn...?

No!!

But there was no charm either.

What exactly was in his eyes?

Was a storm howling in his eyes...?

His eyes screamed but she was deaf to them.She couldn't hear inspite of seeking to hear.

He leaned closer to her until she could feel his lips moving against her ear,"I make no such promise sweetheart."

The door slammed and there was silence.She stood there,staring at the closed door,assessing his words.

***
Aye is Yusuf's cover coming off ? He's started to show his true colors.

What do you expect? Will Eisha see through his mask or she'll be fooled once again?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
164K 14.1K 34
Love,a magnamous four lettered word that can provoke joy, happiness yet it has the the power to incite destruction and chaos. Why is it always linked...
6.6K 1.3K 25
She was an average muslimah but she had a weakness. She had a strong desire, yet her heart was weak. She found a solution to her weakness but it wa...