Buttons {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

"Nothing's changed. You'll go home. You'll be bored. You'll be ignored. No one will listen to you, really lis... More

Character List
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter Twenty-Eight

15.9K 1.1K 1.4K
By TaeTae_lyfe

At some point in your life, you had always known that you would die. 

Death is, after all, inevitable. It comes, silent like the night, but evident like the sun. With death, comes grief...It's been said that grief is not the sadness you feel after loosing someone, but rather the fear that comes with knowing that, one day, you too will share the same fate as the person you once loved so dearly. 

It seems sad and almost cruel to think so selfishly in a time when you should be feeling sad, but that is only human nature...at some point, one can only accept that their purpose is to die...and without death...life has no meaning. 

It may sound bleak and morbid, but why must that be the case? Why must death be sad and lonely? Should one not celebrate the life of the person passed? Why is crying always expected when the life that person led truly meant something? 

When someone dies--no matter who--as long as one person misses them, their life meant something. 

Although, losing something--losing someone that is special to us...it will always bring us pain. Learning to adjust to life knowing that they won't be there to help you out along the way...That's the hardest part. 

When one dies, it's commonly known that, for the most part, they go to a better place, somewhere without pain...so, humans don't necessarily feel sad that they've moved on...only that their loved one left them behind. 

That's what life really boils down to-- A waiting game. 

Waiting to be with the people you love, while living a life you know that they would be proud of...The best lives are lived when one learns to dance in the rain. 

But, in this moment, the rain that fell around you was not kind...it was cold and cruel--made up of acid so as to destroy everything you had ever loved. 

Jimin stood before you, his blackened eyes dark and composed.

His black hair was combed back neatly and his body was adorned in a black tuxedo, diamond cufflinks sparkling beneath the greenish light that emitted from an unknown location. 

You felt sick. 

Your heart was pounding in your chest, hands shaking as you did a once over of the all-too familiar living room of the other world. 

It stank.  

The smell of rotting flesh was ever prominent. No longer covered up by the sickly sweet aroma you had grown accustomed to. Jimin's "brothers" stood in a straight line beside him, each of them adorned in their own suits. 

Gone were the once joyful faces that they wore around you, now they were dark and sunken in. They didn't look human anymore. Scars and stitches ran down different parts of their bodies, their eyes black and void of any other emotion than pain.

You almost felt sorry for them. 

"Your time is up, dear."

Your eyes snapped up at the sound of Jimin's low voice. 

His eyes were fixated on you, shining as he moved to stand directly in front of the fireplace, his hand outstretching to you. 

You shook your head, chin held high. 

"You cheated." You deadpanned. "You never even let me look. You threw me into those illusions before I even had a chance-"

"I never said I would play fair." He laughed. "Your first mistake was assuming that I would."

You let out a gasp as you were grabbed from behind, two strong hands gripping your upper arms with bruising strength and pulling your towards the monster version of the man you once loved. 

"We're sorry." You recognized the voice as Yoongi's. "We-We don't wanna hurt you."

You only caught a glimpse of his cut up face before your hand was being gripped roughly, pulling you to stand in front of the glowing, green fire place. 

Your eyes were wide as Jimin smiled widely at you, his hands covering your own in a threating manner. 

Horror covered your face as he pulled the all-too-familiar black ring from his suit pocket, pulling your hand up and forcing your fingers apart. 

"You've lost." He stated with a smile. "And now, you're going to be mine forever."

Your heart was pounding in your chest, jaw clenching as you tried to figure out someway to get yourself out of this. 

If that ring was put on your finger...it would be over for you. 

It would be over. 

Jimin smiled widely, watching in victory as the ring inched closer and closer to your hand. 

"Wait!"

Your voice rang out before you could even register what you were doing, eyes darting over the familiar faces of Jimin's "brother's". 

The black-haired male frowned, annoyance evident of his darkening features. 

"I'm done wait, Y/n." He growled. "You have tried my patience for the last time-"

"I know where they are!"

A lie. 

You knew it was stupid, in fact, you were almost certain that Jimin would go back on his word even if you did somehow find the missing men...He wouldn't just willingly send you away. You had to be smart about this...You had to play your cards right. 

Jimin laughed at your words, obviously amused with your sudden burst of confidence. 

"Is that so?" He purred confidently. "Well, produce them."

You pulled your hand away from him, crossing your arms over your chest as your eyes fell to the small door that you had climbed through. 

"They're behind that door." You stated. 

Jimin's brows shot up at your words, eyes scanning over your features. 

"Oh they are," He started cockily, turning to face the small passageway. "are they?"

He turned his back to you, waving his hand towards his brothers. 

They parted the way for him, allowing him to get to the door freely. 

You jumped slightly as something cold brushed along the palm of your right hand. 

Your eyes widened as you turned your head, gaze meeting that of Yoongi's double. 

His gaze was soft and filled with sadness as he stared down at you, his leaving yours momentarily, eyes moving to another part of the room. 

Your eyes followed his, watching as he point to the small snow globe that rested on the mantle above the fireplace. 

"He put them there." He whispered sadly. 

Your brows furrowed in confusion as you stared up at him. 

He only gave you a look of sadness. 

It seemed like he had so much to say to you...but he didn't know how...he had only ever known a life of oppression...and now, he wanted to free someone other than himself...

"Make my brother happy."

The sound of a lock clicking pulled your attention back to Jimin, watching as he turned the key in the small door, a smug smile resting on his features as he looked back at you. 

"G-Go ahead." You said. "They're in there."

He laughed, turning back to the door.

"You're wrong, darling." He sang, pulling the door open and revealing the tunnel that led to your freedom. "They aren't there."

Your chest tightened in anxiety as he stood up straight, walking back towards you and leaving the door wide open. 

You took a step backwards, bumping into the tool holder that rested beside the fireplace. 

You glanced at it only for a second before moving your gaze back to Jimin. 

He gripped your wrist, moving the ring towards your finger. 

"And now," He laughed maniacally. "You're going to stay here forever."

Your hand reached behind you, grabbing a hold of the fireplace poker's handle. 

"No," You started, gripping the weapon tightly. "I'm not!"

You swung with all of your strength, the poker flying through the air. 

Jimin cried out in pain as the hot poker met the flesh of his left eye, leaving a nasty cut down that side of his face. 

He stumbled backwards, trying to regain his composure. 

You grabbed the snow globe from the mantle, shooting towards the small door.  

"You horrible, cheating girl!" He yelled loudly, shooting up and grabbing your waist, pulling you down to the floor. 

You screamed out as the snow globe fell from your hands shattering on the floor beneath you.

Jimin paid no mind to that, too concentrated on you. 

He climbed ontop of you, black ooze trickling down from his injury as his crazy eyes widened, gripping your injured wrist and squeezing it tightly. 

You yelped out in pain, struggling from underneath him as he held up your ring finger, trying to shove the black ring onto it. 

"I'll never let you leave me!" He screamed. "Never!-"

You gasped as he poker suddenly made contact with his face again, sending him flying off of you. 

Your chest heaved in fear as you scrambled away as quickly as you could before being scooped up from the ground and pulled back onto your feet. 

Your eyes were wide as you turned around, coming face to face with Jimin--the real Jimin. 

His dirty blond hair and clothes were covered in white specks of snow and his skin was cold to the touch, eyes filled with tears as he stared at you. 

You turned around as another loud crash filled your ears. Namjoon stood over his brother, chest heaving in anger as he threw the poker onto the floor, turning around to face you. 

You could have cried if it weren't for the circumstances in which you currently found yourself. 

His arms wrapped around you, cold lips delivering a quick peck to your forehead and he clung onto you tightly. 

But he knew that this wasn't the moment for a reunion. He needed to get you out of this place. 

He grabbed your hand leading you to the doorway. 

"You ungrateful slut!" The other Jimin screamed, covering his injured eye as he shakily stood to his feet. "You horrible, disobedient wife!"

The floor began to rumble beneath your feat, the entire house shaking in fear of Jimin's wrath. 

You fell forward, Namjoon's arms catching you before you could fall onto your face. 

"What's happening?" You asked. "Is-Is Jimin-"

"No," Namjoon interrupted. "This world is falling apart. Jimin isn't strong enough to keep it together anymore...It's unstable."

He turned to face you. 

"I need to get you two out of here."

Your eyes widened as he motioned towards the small door. 

"What about you?"

He smiled sadly, eyes scanning over your face. 

"Worlds like this are like black holes...it was created so a human could live here...if there isn't a human here, then this world will take yours with it...It will be almost like an explosion...If a human isn't here to set things into balance, your world will fall apart just like this one."

"S-So if you stay, this world will still exist?"

He shook his head. 

"Even if I stay, this world is going to die...but at least, this way, I won't be taking you with me. I'm half-human...I'll be able to stop your world from becoming like this one and caving in on itself-"

"How foolish!" Jimin spat from behind, his chest heaving in anger. "If I am to die, I will take her with me!"

Your eyes widened as the floor began to crumble beneath your feet.

Namjoon pushed you backwards, shoving you into the small passageway. 

"Go, Y/n!" He yelled, eyes wide. 

The other Jimin shot forward with a loud scream, charging towards Namjoon with anger in his eyes. 

Namjoon braced himself, ready to fight the brother he had come to hate. 

Jimin's body suddenly stopped, a loud gasp falling from his lips as his actions froze. 

Namjoon's golden eyes were wide as the trailed down to the poker that pultruded from his brother's stomach, black ooze pouring from the wound as Jimin fell forward before him, writhing in pain as curses poured from his lips. 

The real Jimin stood behind him, chest heaving as he wiped the disgusting ooze from his face, eyes moving to yours. 

You stared at him with immeasurable shock. 

Did he really just do that? 

The world was still crumbling around the three of you, house shaking and roaring. 

"You all have to leave." Yoongi's double said. "You'll be swallowed whole if you don't go now."

Namjoon nodded, his hair falling over his face. 

"He's right." He stated. "Jimin, take Y/n and-"

"No."

Your eyes shot up as your former boyfriend finally spoke. 

Namjoon furrowed his brows. 

"You two have to get out of here!" He exclaimed.

"No," Jimin said. "You two need to get out of here...I'm staying."

Your eyes widened. 

"Jimin..."

His eyes moved to yours, the determination in his orbs faltering for a split second as he stared at your tear-filled eyes. 

"Just once." He breathed out. "I want to do something right by you."

Namjoon took a step forward. 

"You'll die if you do this." He explained. "There will be no coming back."

The blond haired man nodded his head slowly, eyes eyes darting back to you. 

"I had my chance at a life.." He started, looking back at the black-haired man. "Don't blow it like I did. Do what I never could...Make her happy."

"Jimin, no." You cried, the world beginning to cave in around you. "Don't do this."

Jimin squeezed his eyes shut, tears rolling down his cheeks. 

"Take her home."

Namjoon gave a nod to the younger man. 

"You're a good man, Park."

Jimin smiled sadly. 

"How sad it is that I waited till this moment to prove it."

With one last nod, Namjoon shot into action, grabbing your waist and pulling you further backwards into the crawl space. 

You pushed and fought against him. 

"W-Wait!" You cried. "We-We can't just leave him like this!"

"He's made his choice, Y/n."

"No!" You sobbed, tears streaming down your cheeks as Namjoon began pulling you closer to the other side of the tunnel. "Jimin!"

The blond haired man watched from the small doorway as the two of you finally made it to the other side, the door opening up to reveal Taehyung and the others. 

A large smile made it's way onto his features as he stared at you lovingly. 

You, the woman he loved with all of his heart. The woman he would have done anything for...the woman that he overlooked constantly...

He was never the man that you were meant for...and perhaps a small part of him knew that...that's why he cheated on you...that's why he treated you like dirt, because he couldn't handle the thought of someone else coming along and making you happier than he ever could. 

And even now, as you cry in the arms of another man, calling his name and reaching for him...he wants nothing more that to be the one that you love...the one you truly love...

But he never will be...and he never could be even if he tried...

He had many regrets, but his biggest one was taking for granted all of the time he could have spent with you...however fleeting it may have been. How much he would give just to be able to hold you one more time...

His love may have looked ordinary to you but to Jimin, it was a fairytale and there was no other place he would rather be.

You could only watch as the world shattered around him, heart aching for him as he gave you one last look, one filled with too many emotions for you to count accurately. 

Your eyes widened as you watched him mouth his last words to you, a silent confession that you could only see.

"I love you." 

You screamed out his name as he closed the door on the other side, white noise was the only thing you could hear as your blood pumped through your veins. You clung onto Namjoon as the door slammed shut, leaving you to never see Jimin's face again.

Namjoon held you closely, his nose burying into your hair as he clung onto your shaking form, crying alongside of you as he watched Taehyung slowly close the small door from your end, blocking out the sound of screaming that came from the other side. 

The last thing you remember hearing was the click of the key turning in the lock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 49.7K 58
After visiting a fansign event of BTS your whole life has changed. Since that day someone started to stalk you, but you had no idea who it was... "If...
183K 6K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...
135 15 10
"𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝗇𝗈 𝗋𝗎𝗇𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀. 𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗆𝖾, 𝗂'𝗆 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗄𝖺𝗋𝗆𝖺." 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗒/𝗇 𝗅/𝗇 𝗂...
2.4K 116 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...