Little Miss Mischief- A Damia...

Por JumpyBox13

*WARNING, CONTAINS NO NO SWEARS , SOME BADASS VIOLENCE AND FATAL AMOUNTS OF SASS.* She was different than the... Mais

Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
**DISCONTINUED**
Listed Ending

1

1.7K 74 55
Por JumpyBox13

HAZEL POV:

"Ma! Where did you put my fuzzy socks?" I poke my head around the wall, signing to my mother, and Ma signs her answer back to me, an exasperated look over her face.

In the box with red duct tape, honey. I've told you seven times already. She rolls her eyes at me, a soft smirk gracing her features.

"M'kay, thanks Ma." I hurry back into my new room, sparsely decorated and yet to be fully furnished. I head over to the box with red duct tape and rip it open, swiftly digging through it and finally producing a pair of yellow and green taco patterned socks. 

I yank them on, my own little rebellion against the stupid Gotham Academy dress code, and pull on my bright red sneakers. The bright yellow and green of the taco socks and my red sneakers kinda make my feet look like somebody melted a traffic light in the shape of a teenage girl's foot.

 Perfect.

Ma stands at my doorway and I see her rapidly sign at me through my mirror.

If I dropped your ass in Spain right now all the bulls in the entire frigging country would come to trample you because of how ugly that looks.

"What? Come on, Ma, it's not that bad!"  I say while  signing back, whining in an annoying tone.

Change your damn shoes. They look terrible. She gives me her signature  glare and I shrink in defeat.

I sigh, yanking off  my red sneakers. "Can't I skate to class today?"

Your choice. It's probably gonna rain though.

"I'll take the chance." I grin, tossing my pair of colorful Air Jordan 1s into my backpack and grabbing my pair of neon blue rollerskates out of another box.

What is it with you and obnoxiously bright colors? Ma signs at me, an amused expression over her face.

"Gotta make a statement, Ma! Gotta stand out and bedazzle the Gotham crowd!" I sassily flip my hair over my shoulder with an insouciant grin over my face. Ma rolls her eyes.

Don't go bedazzling yourself into any trouble, you hear me?

"No, Ma, you're mute."

She breaks out into a genuine smile. I walked right into that one, didn't I?

"Yeah. You did."  I wink at her, snapping on my headphones.

She helps me with my backpack, ruffling my hair as I head out the door.

"Bye Ma! I love you!" I shout to her. She hears, and I spot her blowing me a kiss as I skate off out of sight.

********************************************************

The early morning Gotham air is absolutely wonderful. Mostly because everyone's sleeping and not many people get to enjoy it.

It's like a forbidden air, and we all know how good forbidden things are. I guess that part of our evolution, the part where doing things we're not supposed to exhilarates us, it's probably from Eve.  I mean, she did eat that forbidden fruit and all. 

I wonder if it was worth it.

I kinda want some forbidden fruit. I wonder if it tastes like churros.

A fresh breeze straight from the bay smacks into my face as I stare at the port, the large sprawling skyline of Metropolis on the other side of the body of water seemingly just a blurred line over the choppy blue waves. Even from here, I can see how the two cities are polar opposites, nothing but bright sun over Metropolis, and nothing but gray clouds over Gotham.

I don't mind.  I like the gray. I like the briskness.

It's such a nice change from the sweltering heat and boiling sun over in L.A, where you had a 60% chance of dying of heatstroke in the middle of summer. 

My backpack hangs heavily off my shoulders, full of textbooks, binders and other school supplies with the additional weight of my sneakers, a literal wrecking ball strapped to my back. If I spun around too quickly on my skates, it'd swing violently and probably knock out anyone standing directly behind me.

The city starts to wake up, lights slowly flicking on as the place starts to come to life. 

Signs flip, stores open, and the smell of coffee mixes in with the taste of morning dew in the air.

Time for breakfast.

I skate down several blocks, smiling and nodding at passerby people, my feet moving on their own accord and gliding down the cracked sidewalk.  

Many people stop and smile back. I guess it isn't often they see such a jolly little soul on bright blue skates, wearing the Gotham Academy blazer.  I hear a little kid squeal in delight, tugging on his mother to see the skates on my feet.

Passing by him, I give him a small high-five, and by the grin on his face, I can tell I've made his day.

***********************************************************************

DAMIAN POV:

Whispers fill the hallway as students gossip amongst one another, eyes flicking back and forth across the hall, looking for something, or someone. Necks crane over one another, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever it was.

Kent stands next to me, fiddling with his books, which are all tucked into his arms. I can see the not-so-subtle looks he sends over to the hallway.

"Don't you have super hearing?" 

He jumps just a bit. "Y-yeah. So?"

"You can hear what they're saying, can't you? What's the big deal? Is the Queen visiting?"

"No."

"Batman?"

"No."

"One of the trolls I call brethren?"

"No."

"Then it is irrelevant and unworthy of my time."

"There's a new kid." Kent muttered under his breath, eyes still straining to see over the sea of heads. "In the middle of October. "

"Still irrelevant." I snap.

Kent sighs. "Don't you want to see who it is? Aren't you a bit curious?"

I click my tongue against my teeth, looking over at him. "T-t. One look, then we'll go."

He grins over at me and I roll my eyes.

"Ooh, here he comes!" Someone hushes the others.

Were they so deprived of external contact that a new student excited them to such measures? They were all simpletons, and another one was to be added to the mix. What was so exciting about that?

Even so, I had a small desire to see who the newest simpleton was. Consider it curiosity.  Consider it foolishness. Perhaps he  wouldn't be boneheaded like the rest of the lot. 

Perhaps he would.

The side entrance opens and closes, and the sea of students slowly part as more whispers and faint greetings filled the air. Boys ogle and girls narrow their eyes, looking the student up and down.

 The new kid was most definitely a female to garner such a reaction. Nobody moved.

Finally, a louder voice cut over the whispers.  "Have none of you ever seen a girl other than your schoolmates before? I'll tell you more of them exist, even if they don't go to this academy. What a shocker that is, ain't it?"  She chuckled.

"Not many new kids come here." Someone replies, but the entire crowd shifted backwards to give her more room. Several male students who had been ogling peeled off the crowd, embarrassed by the comments, and hurry to their class.

"Clearly."  

I could practically feel the half-hearted eye roll.

"Whose daughter are you? You certainly don't look like you come from riches." A student huffed. From the irritating lilt of her voice I identified her as Victoria Folgers, a student infatuated with me ever since I stepped foot into the school.  Then again, many of the females were infatuated with me and my last name. 

Folgers was pretentious and spoiled and laid waste onto those not as lucky to have her title. Kent referred to her as a 'popular girl'. I didn't refer to her at all, she was a waste of time and oxygen.

The new student seemed to have picked up on this as well.

 "I don't need to come from riches, that wasn't a criteria of the school. I just needed to have smarts. Which begs the question as to why you're here."

The crowd gasps just a bit, and many people burst into laughter.  Folgers truly did deserve to be taught a lesson.

I myself struggle to hold back a smirk. Folgers turns red with anger and shoots the new kid a scathing glare. "What's your name, you little asshole?" Folgers spits out.

"Hazel, darling."

"You're a street rat, aren't you? I guess they'll let about anyone in here. How much do your parents make, huh?"  

"Enough to cruise by."

"Hmph! My father makes more than a million dollars every year- he's the president of the Gotham Transit Council. Compared to him, you're just a kid with a lemonade stand." Folgers continued trying to provoke the girl, crossing her arms.

The lengths people go to just to evoke a reaction out of some people disgust me.

The new kid huffs. "Maybe with all that money you could go buy yourself a brain and good judgement. It seems you are lacking in those."

Kent bursts into laughter, and I myself tamp back a chuckle. The other students laugh as well, and Folgers stomps off red as a beet after a cry of outrage and a series of cusses under her breath.

The crowd parts as the bell rings, letting the female through. I could hear her footsteps approaching, and I raised an eyebrow, scoffing as Kent went up on his toes to spot the girl.

I must admit I now was curious to see the new student. Not many people were brave enough to speak their minds, especially in a new environment, and yet her first words in the school were ones laced with sarcasm. Her first words in this school instantly knocked down a top bully. She was clearly not as pretentious as the whole lot.

We start walking to class, she passes by, and finally we both got a good look at her.

She was rather short, a pair of neon blue rollerskates hanging from her backpack. She was bending the dress code in a way I had never seen before. Some females liked to unbutton their uniform blouses and hike their skirts up to reveal excessive amounts of skin thinking they looked evocative (which they didn't) and they bent the dress code in that manner.

 She however, wore yellow and green taco socks and multicolored-what were those shoes called?- Jordans? 

It was like a Picasso painting had melted into her shoes.

 She added pops of color to her outfit wherever she could, bending the uniform rule as much as she could. Her headphones were a such a pigmented metallic red that even Todd would be jealous of. Her backpack had uranium-green fern leaves sparsely painted over it.  A gold locket hung around her neck. She wore two rings on her left hand, one on her middle finger, one on her pinky. She had blond highlights in her brown colored beach waves.

If anyone else in the academy had been wearing this, they would've looked like an idiot.

But strangely, this Hazel girl pulled it off. The colors complimented her perfectly, and she didn't look like a walking, talking, Pollock style abstract. 

Hmm. 

Kent elbows me in the ribs, waggling his eyebrows. "Somebody's been staring!" He giggles like a child.

"Shut your mouth, Kent."  I roll my eyes at him.

*********************************************

I'm too lazy to integrate this completely into the story.

HAZEL COTELLO:

-she's brazilian. i'll tell you that.

-  brown- blond shakira curls (are those like extreme beach waves or curls? idfk she has shakira hair yea)

- copper skin

- big brown eyes (the ones that are way prettier in direct sunlight)

- freckles  because L.A. sun, across bridge of nose.

-many colors look great on her. she's like the type of person who can pull off almost anything (can't relate) 

I don't know why I started this fanfic, since I have other ones I focus more on. Updates will probably be very irregular  because I be like dat.

Onward we go! 

-JumpyBox13 ;)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

9.4K 197 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...
520K 15.9K 50
book 1 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: Catgirl was raised by the one and only Cat...
81.8K 6.8K 43
Book 2 of the 'Demigod in Gotham' Series When Nico moved to Gotham, all he wanted was to do good. He never asked to be adopted by Bruce Wayne. He ne...
14 0 8
"What do you have to hide? An unrequited love perhaps?" Bruce Wayne is dead and that has took a toll on everyone. Gotham mourns the billionaire, but...