Learn to fly {Haikyuu x maleO...

By MafuyusHeartBreak

Kiya Seiji, nephew to the coach of Karasuno. After moving to Miyagi, starting Karasuno a few weeks into his s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6

7

844 45 13
By MafuyusHeartBreak

Seiji

"Yo. Don't fall asleep on the sofa, I'll sleep here." Satori's voice made me stir in my sleep.

"No. Too tired to move." I groaned, flipping over to face the back of the sofa. "You can have the bed."

"Well, you have a double. It'll be like old days." He said, making me confused. Before I could comprehend the situation, he wrapped an arm behind me head and one under my legs and lifted me bridal style.

"Satoriii??" I groaned, waving my arm about but giving up, being too tired.

"Big Baby." He said. I felt myself being dropped onto my bed. I rolled onto my side, closer to the wall my bed was pushed against.

"Get some sleep. I'll go on the sofa."

"Hngh... the sofa's too uncomfy... too lazy to get out spare sheets... just sleep here." I grumbled, still half asleep.

"Hah, sure thing hun~ this really is just like old sleep overs huh?" He joked as the bed went down slightly. The cover was soon draped over me, I assume he just pulled it over the two of us.

"Goodnight, Seiji."

"Night Satori." I said through the sleep.

...

"Satori... thank you-"

"Hngh-" I groaned as my eyes began opening.

I dug my face into the pillow before looking over my shoulder, still laying on my side. The red haired boy laid there on his back, one arm draped over my shoulder and the other hanging off the end of the bed.

A soft chuckle left my lip as I lifted myself up, letting his arm drop onto the bed with a soft thud. I scooted towards the end of the bed before hopping off and stretching out my legs. I walked out of my room and through the living room, finding my phone sat on the couch and grabbing it before heading into the kitchen.

Time for breakfast. I'm not usually one for breakfast but I sure can whip up a golden oldie. The two of us used to love pancakes, bacon, sausage and syrup. I know for a fact he still likes it because when I was in Tokyo, he always complained about wanting it again, at least 2 times a month.

Before making the mix, I checked my phone for the time.

6:45... great. I'm so used to getting up early for school and practice, I didn't realise how early it was.

Rriinngg rriinngg

My phone almost jumped out of my hand as it began ringing, surprising me slightly making me answer without checking who it was.

"Hello?"

"Seiji, how you feeling?" Keishin asked.

"Oh, morning. I'm doing fine, seriously. Don't worry yourself about me too much."

"Well, considering I'm your only nearby guardian, that's my job you dumbass."

"Charming. Thank you though, I do appreciate it." I assured him.

"What're you after-"

"Nothing!" I shot, "anyway, I guess you're at practice now?" I asked.

"Yeah, Tanaka and Nishinoya haven't stopped complaining about missing you."

"I'm flattered-"

"Babbbyyyyy!! Why did you have to leave bed~" satori called out in a high pitched voice. My eyes widened at the realisation, that bitch knows exactly what the fuck he's doing.

"Seiji. What the hell?" Keishin commented, obviously hearing that.

"No-"

"HAS KIYA GOT A GIRL AROUND!" I heard Tanaka yell.

"Oh my god. Am I on speaker?"

"YEAH! WE HEARD THAT VOICE!" Noya called.

"Go onto a video call right now Seiji." Keishin said in a stern tone.

I sighed before pulling the phone away from my ear and accepting the video call. Whilst I was connecting, I turned to the side to see a smirking Satori leaning against the wall.

'You fucktard.' I muttered to him.

"Seiji."

"Keishin, it's not what it looks like."

"So you don't have a girl over? You know, I let you stay off to recover, I didn't expect this kind of behaviour-"

"OH COME ONNNN!" I groaned, "I'm not you old geezer, I bet you pulled that move a few times."

"Baby~ why aren't you telling them the truth~"

"Satori you're dead when this call ends." I shot.

"Satori- oh fuck-" Keishin said, the realisation obviously hitting him.

"Oh my god, its not a chick it's a dude!"

"He slept with a dude,, look at him go-"

The team were egging this on. "YOU GUYS! No. No no no-"

"Yes,, it was such a fun night~"

"Do you want breakfast you dickwad?"

"Yes."

"Stop it."

"Fine."

"Keishin. Need I remind you, you're the one who sent this dumb ass to me to be my nurse."

"Sorry Seiji... the guardian instincts kicked in."

"So he didn't have a one night stand??" Tanaka commented.

"NO I DIDN'T!" I groaned, "Keishin asked my friend to come over to take care of me. Needless to say this sense of humour comes with his dirty mind." I explained.

"You guys should really stop jumping to conclusions." Suga sighed.

"Apologise." Ennoshita scolded the two.

"W-we're sorry-" they whined.

"Yo-" Satori put a peace sign up in the frame before walking off behind me to get a drink.

"Anyway.... you guys should head back to practice."

"Yeah-"

"But I wanna talk to kiy-"

"Practice."

"Finneeee~"

"Right... sorry again. Stay safe, make sure he doesn't over work his knee Tendou." Keishin said.

"You got it boss." He agreed as he appeared over my shoulder.

"Byeeee~"

Call ended

"You really are a true fucktard."

"You love me though."

"God knows why."

"Don't deny it." He blew a kiss.

"Fine. Now budge it, I'm making breakfast."

"HUHHH!! DO WE GET THE BIG BOY COMBO?!"

"Hah... yes, we get the big boy combo."

After breakfast, the two of us spent the day being lazy. We watched a bunch of old movies we used to love when we were younger and caught up. It was just a nostalgic filled day. I loved it though. By 10 the movie we were watching had just finished, leaving us with a mess to clear up. We took all the bowl and wrappers around the apartment and began tidying up whilst chatting.

"I still can't believe you punched that Ryu kid in the gym." Tendou chuckled.

"He called you a monster and was bullying you." I shot, "I had a right."

"And that, kids, is how I met your mother." He joked, receiving a cloth to the face from yours truly.

"I mean you're not wrong though..." I thought about it, "that was the first time I met you."

"I'm glad though. That was the first time you asked me to play volleyball with you too."

"I miss those days." I chuckled, "we were a great duo." I smirked.

"We still are." He replied quickly, "and we still will be."

"Heh."

"I'm serious." He crossed his arms, facing me whilst leaning against the counter. "We'll play again together one day. Even if it's just for fun."

"Satori..." I sighed with a chuckle, "Hm." I nodded.

"Talk to me."

"I am?" I gave him a confused look.

"No, I mean talk to me. Something's bothering you and you're not telling me."

"There's nothing." I shook my head with a smile, "you worry too much."

"I worry for all the right reasons." He stepped towards me, grabbing my shoulders and looking me in the eyes. I used to be taller than him when we were kids but now he's taken that role. I can't complain though, there's something comforting about it...

"Satori..." I repeated his name again, averting my eyes. His eyes had a calming feeling to them now. Eyebrows lowered and eyes a little less wide.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing."

"Stop lying Seiji."

"I'm not."

"Bull shit!" He cussed loudly.

"I'M WORRIED OKAY!" I raised my voice. This shocked both myself and him. I quickly moved my hands to cover my mouth and looked at the ground.

"I'm so sorry..." I muttered.

"Worried about what?"

"It's doesn't matter. It's nothing."

"It does matter. Tell me."

"My legs... I'm worried that they won't get better. That I'll never be able to play again." My chest was tightening as Satori let me speak. "I've always loved volleyball... it was my life. You know that and- and now I'm not even allowed to play!"

"I know..." he nodded, understanding.

"Why did this have to happen..." I muttered, looking him in the eye. I could feel the water brimming my eyes, but I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"I don't know... I wish it didn't, you didn't deserve it." He pulled me close and into a hug. My instant reaction was to burry my head into his shoulders. I tugged on his shirt lightly as I began sobbing.

It soon became one of those typical cliché sob stories. We fell to the ground and I continued to quietly sob into him. He rubbed my back and played him my hair, allowing me to let my emotions go for the moment.

I hate things like this. The last time I even let my emotions out like this was when I was in the hospital, even then I tried my best to keep it to myself, when no one was there. Only when I was with Satori, Kuroo and Kenma or by myself did I ever break down.

"I'm sorry..." I forced a chuckle out through the tears.

Now he was sat with his back against the counter, me lying against him as he helped me calm down.

"Don't apologise." He punched my head s
lightly.

"Heh..."

"Come on. Let's get you to bed." He said, pulling me up and he stood to his feet.

He kept his arm around me and on my head as we walked into the bedroom. I was quick to flop down onto the bed, cover myself and snuggle against the wall. My breaths were still shaky and even I was shaking a little.

"Come on, I'm here for you Seiji. You know that." I felt the bed go down a little after the lights went off, "you don't have to hide your emotions in front of me. You cant fake it all the time."

"Thank you." I smiled softly.

"Always."

There was a small silence, but I couldn't even start to doze off yet.

Another shaky breath escaped my lips before I flipped over to the other side, now facing Satori.

"Can't sleep?" He asked, eyes closed.

"Nope..." I whispered.

"Come come." He said, opening his eyes. He had his arms open and signalled for me to come closer with his hands.

"You're an idiot." I chuckled with a smile.

"I know." He smirked.

I took his offer, scooting over and letting him wrap his arms around me. One rubbed soothing circles on my back and the other played with my hair again.

I used to do this for Satori a few times when we were younger. Sometimes he'd get worked up over the kids bullying him and pushing him away. I hated seeing him like that but he seemed to like having the comfort of being cuddled and I happily obliged. Then of course, after small naps we went and played volleyball.

Then again, that was up until 10, when I moved away. Then the last time it happened, it was in the hospital when he came to visit me. Also the time he finally grew taller than me and we swapped roles. He was the one comforting me. Here we are again.

I can't complain though, here I am, face stained with tears and falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 95 19
"I'm so sorry I can't attend your game..." I apologized to Katsuro, coughing quickly afterwards. "It's fine (Name). You can't control when you get s...
5.8K 202 31
"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a strand of my red hair away from my face...
115K 3.5K 25
After a devastating car crash that kills your mother and leaves you unable to play volleyball, all you can do is try and help out younger kids who st...
300K 8.2K 24
(Y/N) is a second year at Fukurodani High school, and on their girls volleyball team. She's very good at what she does, she can play almost every pos...