TIME AFTER TIME ; jjk

Por hiseyestell

《 we love the mess but love is also the dirt we wash off our hands. 》 It takes them a little longer to realiz... Mais

Time After Time
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

2

4.2K 291 236
Por hiseyestell

Chapter 2

𝑃𝐴𝑅𝐾 𝑆𝑂𝑂𝐻𝑌𝑈𝑁

I was sitting out in the back garden facing my laptop when I saw my twin brother approaching with a bowl of instant noodles. He pulled out the chair across from me and glanced at my face, looking genuinely curious. "First day sucked?" Jimin asked as he disgustingly slurped his noodles, liquid dripping down to his chin. He wiped it off with the back of his hand.

"Sort of," I said, grimacing. I didn't want to tell him how annoyed I was, but I needed to vent. Only that my brother wasn't the best confidant I could have in this house. Normally he would laugh at me if I told him how embarrassing my day went. I was starting to believe he loved it when I dealt with mishaps. More specifically, my non-existent luck with my first love.

I knitted my brows together when I remembered him again.

When Dr. Jeon suggested a handshake, I struggled to process the situation, looking down at his hand peculiarly because I was feeling so weird myself. I imagined it way many times before and now it was finally happening. It took me a few more seconds before I pushed my way out of my reverie. I made a squeal in my head the moment our hands held. This was my freaking first time I almost didn't want to let go. I touched Jeon Jungkook's hand!

"That's great to hear. Welcome to Severance Hospital." He offered me a small smile while I studied his face. I waited to see a sign of recognition in his expression but I failed. How could this happen? Was he faking it?

"Thank you. I know you, actually." I sounded confident. If ever he didn't recognize me at first, he definitely would now.

He raised his brows. "Oh? Have we met before?"

"We were in the same batch. In fact, we went to the same medical school." There. I expected for him to smile, apologize for not remembering me as soon as he could, tell me I'd grown more beautiful than I ever was, and ask how life went for me.

Tilting his head to one side, he looked conflicted. His hand reached for the back of his head and scratched. I knew what was coming next. I fumed inside. "I don't really remember, my bad... I have a terrible memory. I hope that didn't offend you or anything."

I put on a sweet smile and held my head high to mask my embarrassment. "No, of course not."

It did! It mattered a lot to me that I ended up sulking for the whole day. Jeon Jungkook was unbelievable!

"Were the doctors rude to you?" Jimin inquired again.

I shook my head, although there were a few residents in my team whom I suspected that were infuriated with me. They were probably insecure of how I looked. Well, I couldn't blame them. Frankly, I would seethe in jealousy, too.

"Then, what happened?"

I rolled my eyes. "You'll make fun of me."

"I promise not to do that. Was it embarrassing?"

"He couldn't remember me."

Jimin stopped moving and stared at me blankly. "Who the hell are you talking about?"

"Who else would it be, duh?"

I sensed it was a wrong decision to spill it out when his lips curled into a lopsided grin. "Ah, I get it. The reason why you transferred hospitals."

My eyes dilated in surprise and annoyance. "Excuse me? He wasn't the reason. I never said that. For your information, I've been wanting to practice in Severance Hospital for so long and I had the perfect opportunity when a colleague told me there was a vacancy."

"There's no need to be defensive, but sure. Let me rephrase it, then. He was one of the reasons."

"You're so annoying."

"You often forget that I'm older than you."

"By twenty six minutes. Okay," I nonchalantly answered and set my gaze back at the screen of my laptop.

"But on a serious note, why is it still him? I mean, it's been three years since you've been in the same place, and I don't blame him if he doesn't remember you. Med school was big and there were a lot of people in his circle except you. Plus, you only had the same class with him once."

It was a huge blow to my ego. My chest heaved in anger, because as much as I didn't want to admit it, Jimin was telling the truth. But it was impossible not to recall even a speck of my existence! Although our campus was massive and it was hard to place every Medicine student, forgetting me was a thing of absurdity! Modesty aside, I was the kind of girl who turned heads and was spared second glances. There was no way Jungkook never noticed me back in college. For all I knew, he might have secretly asked for my name then. And didn't my own name even ring a bell? I seriously reckoned that wasn't true.

I never chased a man, but if he was being like this, I might make a way and he could not dam me up.

I looked up at my brother and began to rant, "How could he forget my face? We were stuck in the same university for six years. Though we never spoke to each other properly, I walked past him in the hallways, sometimes in library, and we even took one class together. You know that I won't be able to take that, especially when I always liked him since first year."

He leaned back in his chair, groaning. "You're so whiny! He's not even that handsome."

"Can you hear yourself? He's a perfect, eligible bachelor."

"You make Jeon Jungkook sound like a prince. He's nothing different. His poop stinks so bad like everyone else's!"

"Get out of my face."

"Listen to me, okay? Don't you realize it's a hopeless case? We're turning thirty next year and you're still stuck over that guy. Wake up, Soohyun."

"Don't you dare remind me that." I felt like crying when it dawned on me that I was actually going to be in my thirties soon, and I hadn't still been involved in a serious relationship. Some of my colleagues were either married or engaged, while I was single and loveless! It was so unfair thinking that I looked better than all of them, yet they found their match earlier than I did.

Well, I actually found the perfect guy.

But he was blind.

I pined for Jeon Jungkook since med school. I never confessed because I was waiting for him to make advances. Which he never did, by the way. I disregarded every suitor who came in the way because I believed only Jungkook deserved me. And I also deserved the best.

Apparently, he was the only best choice I had in mind.

Through the years, I had my eyes on him and I didn't look for anyone. The thing that at least connected me to Jungkook after we graduated and parted ways was his Instagram account. He was popular there so I didn't slide in his DMs. I wanted every interaction to be done in personal, and this was the best chance I could get.

It was now or never.

"Just focus on your residency. Who knows? Someone better than him will come and try with you."

I perfectly knew my residency was my sole priority... but I could multitask, right?

. . .

After I got my car parked, I stepped into the hospital, carrying my purse. I noticed a few turned their heads to my direction, and I thought maybe I stood out. I shrugged it off, hoping I didn't look overdressed today. In fact, I seemed more professional.

I walked my way through long stretch of hallways and bowed at some seniors and professors, judging by their coats. I took the elevator up to the third floor. As soon as I reached the cardiothoracic surgery department, I rushed to the on-call room which was assigned for our team. I hesitated to open the door at first. I breathed in and out. Slowly. Truth be told, I was nervous how this would go. Today was the official start of my duty. I wasn't close with anyone yet, and I doubted they would click it off with me. I'd been told it was tough to get along with me, and I seriously didn't know why. As far as I knew, I was one of the coolest people you would meet. If you were nice to me, I would reciprocate the deed with all my heart.

The door clicked open before I pushed it. All four of the residents inside instantly looked at me, wait no, at my outfit. "Good morning," I greeted.

"Six minutes late, princess," one of them reminded me, gaze still fixed on my getup. She was Dr. Shin, the woman who appeared irked with my presence yesterday when I was introduced. I was starting to feel offended with the stares they were giving me, as though I wasn't welcomed in the group. My previous team in the former hospital I worked in was nice! These people should learn and step up. Calling me princess was ridiculous, too.

"I'm sorry. But for the record, I arrived two minutes before seven. Technically, I am on time," I said in the most polite tone I could muster. I headed for my locker to take out my white gown before I put it on, and wore my I.D. I had to start work.

"Are you here for a fashion event?" Doctor Yang Mina asked me, her eyes on the computer screen. I stood aghast, looking at her.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I was wearing my Givenchy pink cropped blazer and fitted trousers for a formal yet fancy appearance. I wore a pantsuit of the same brand yesterday. What they were doing was offensive to my fashion knowledge.

"You're here for a messy work, may I remind you. I am just concerned that your expensive pantsuit might get stained. And you're supposed to wear your scrubs now."

I needed a lot of patience. You're just a newbie here, Soohyun... "I'm going to talk to Professor Lee first, then I will get changed later."

"Just reminding you, in case you do it again for the next days."

So, what?

She didn't have the right to meddle with how I wanted to look or what I wanted dress to feel good about myself. "I don't like the tone you're using on me."

"What?" She snapped. This time her eyes were on me. The others had looked down, pretending to ignore the tension.

"You sound condescending, Doctor Yang."

"I've been here for three years and as your senior in this team, I am also responsible to call you out on anything wrong I see."

"Call me out if I'm not doing my job. What does it have to do with whatever I wear? And you're not my boss."

"I'll be honest with you. Professor Lee is a respectable man and he's one of the best surgeons in this hospital, and I don't have an idea how you made it to be under his supervision."

"Are you saying I'm not capable enough?"

"I'm just saying that others who deserve it could have taken your spot. I peeked at your profile."

"That's unprofessional of you."

"All of us here graduated with honors while you didn't. It must be fun to have a pretty face to get everything you want."

What an insecure bully! I hated everyone who suspected me of getting everything with my face alone. Although I wasn't a top student back in med school, I worked hard like everyone else and never half-assed everything. Whatever I had achieved, it was because I was competent enough.

"For the record, I got in here because I am qualified for the residency program. My application was approved, all thanks to my hardwork and impressive knowledge. You can't discredit me just because I only look like a bimbo to you, and I'm deeply sorry for your envious ass. Now, if you all will excuse me, I'm going to start my duty in peace and I demand respect from everyone. Have a great day," I said, grabbing a pile of folders and patients' medical records. I puffed out a sigh when I strode out the door and left with hammering heart.

I wasn't yet halfway through, and I already made an insecure nemesis. Fantastic.

For sure, I would have an excruciating job here, and I had to work harder to prove myself. This was stressful!

I willed myself to calm down since I didn't need more negativity, or else my day would be ruined. I was walking across the third floor to head to Professor Lee's office when I spotted someone so familiar. I could always tell who he was even from afar. He was busy on his phone, brows furrowed. I didn't know why I was extremely turned on by his doctor's coat when I was wearing the same thing.

I smiled widely and decided to call him. "Hey!"

Jungkook was startled. His gaze darted to me. He flashed a grin. Oh, my God. Why was he this handsome? I swiftly forgot what happened in the on-call room.

"Good morning, Doctor Park." He was coming towards me. I was glad that he knew my name, at least.

"Why are you in our department?" I asked him, curious.

"I talked to a clinical fellow." He gestured the stack in my arms. "Can I help you with that?"

I couldn't contain my grin anymore. "Sure, thanks. I'm not wasting your time, am I?" I gently passed half of the weight to him while I could smell his manly cologne. We sauntered together, bodies close. I'd been dreaming for this to come in reality. We would make a wonderful couple. We looked like a couple.

"No. I am just waiting for a call. This is your start of duty?" He was looking at me. The muscles on my face felt stiff.

"Yup, and I've been looking forward to work here, you know."

"Good luck to you. Not to pop your bubble, but expect the worst."

I chuckled. "Trust me, I just had a bad moment earlier."

"Sorry about that, whatever it is. But being a doctor is just tough in general."

"I know. It's really hard!" I complained. Last year, I had a long-term insomnia and I gained weight due to stress-eating. I looked miserable. Now that I was in the same field with my love prospect, I couldn't let that happen again.

"It's not supposed to be easy, you make it easy."

"Thanks for that." I examined his side-profile. I was still in awe. He looked so enticing in every angle. Like an art. I couldn't help it so I commented, "You're very handsome."

Jungkook turned to me and laughed cheekily. "Why, thank you, Doctor Park. You're beautiful, too."

"I know that," I responded, asserting. I was smiling all throughout.

"Anyway, I'm still sorry about yesterday. No matter how I rack my brain, I really can't remember you. I'm so happy to know that another alumnus of Sungkyunkwan University is able to practice here." What a way to ruin the mood.

"It's fine. But I'll appreciate your apology more if you accept my coffee date invite." I made it sound like a joke, but deep inside I was hoping he would agree.

"Coffee date?" he asked to confirm, a brow raised. He couldn't possibly miss the chance. This precious time with me I was willing to give him was something guys are ready to compete for. I was even nowhere near exaggerating.

"If you're free later."

"I'll check my schedule. I'll go see you if I can."

"You can have my number," I suggested.

"Huh? Are you sure?"

I nodded. "It'll be easier to contact me."

Jungkook looked lost for a second. I ignored it. With excitement coursing through my veins, I recited my phone number as he typed it in his device.

 》AUTHOR'S NOTE《 

I apologize for the late update!

Here's how I imagine Dr. Jeon in this book:

credits to @/aiidan_kim on Twitter :)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

704K 40.7K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
55.7K 1.9K 32
y/n has just transferred to another hospital after given the opportunity to be a paediatric doctor in a very well known hospital. On her first day...
37.3K 866 24
❗❕ Jungkook X Reader Fanfic ❕❗ 🎬 Short story.. 🎬 Hate to Love. 🎬 Drity talking. 🎬 Dual POV. 🎬 Office Romance. 🎬 Grumpy X Sunshine. 🎬 Bromance...
42K 2.4K 19
What will happen when the stars are re-written to rewrite the fate? A kind, humble, handsome, dominant and a bit possessive singer, Kim Taehyung, is...