𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨...

Από lady_inkflower

❝I'm sorry I wasn't your yesterday.❞ Elsa's life was deprived of happiness. Not until she found two stranger... Περισσότερα

1 - Applications.
2 - Questions.
3 - Undesirables.
5 - Fantasies.
6 - Distances.
7 - Meanings.
8 - Definitions.
9 - Triggers.
10 - Countermeasures.
11 - Bullets.
12 - Strategies.
13 - Damages.
14 - Aftershocks.
15 - Reunions.
16 - Ceased Worries.
17 - Gatherings.
18 - Siblings.
19 - Trips.
20 - Panoramas.
21 - Little Things.
22 - Ultimatums (EP. 01)
23 - Ultimatums (EP. 02)
24 - Granted Dreams.
25 - Wishes.
26 - Sugarcoatings.
27 - Hills.
28 - Confessions.
29 - High Stakes.
30 - Tests.
31 - Clouds.
32 - Tours.
33 - Doors.
34 - Nightmares.
35 - Promises.
36 - Runways (EP. 01)
37 - Runways (EP. 02)
38 - Runways (EP. 03)
39 - Runways (EP. 04)
40 - Runways (EP. 05)
41 - Surprises.
42 - Expressions.
43 - Conversations.
44 - Interviews.
45 - Midnight Roads.
46 - Midnight Memories.
47 - Celebrations (EP. 01)
48 - Celebrations (EP. 02)
49 - Celebrations (EP. 03)
50 - Revelations (EP. 01)
51 - Revelations (EP. 02)
52 - Dispersals.
53 - Stalemates (EP. 01)
54 - Stalemates (EP. 02)
55 - Remnants.
56 - Eclipses (EP. 01)
57 - Eclipses (EP. 02)
58 - Apologies.
59 - Displays.
60 - Flights.
61 - Judgements (EP. 01)
62 - Judgements (EP. 02)
63 - Abodes.
64 - Significance.

4 - Discussions.

406 16 1
Από lady_inkflower

Arendelle Residence | Evening

“So you and mister Aiden are in love?”

Gerda could only console the platinum blonde woman with a reassuring smile, since just like the starry eyed four-year-old’s mother, the head maid has been wondering herself why the little girl is asking challenging questions nowadays.

It’s no longer a theory that Claire is too smart for her own good.

Meanwhile, Elsa didn’t want to be the one to have the unwanted honor of saying the brief ‘No’ even though she knew she would have to soon, because knowing her child, her given reaction’s already presumed.

I’m sorry I keep disappointing you, love.

“Mama?”

Having no choice, Elsa constrained a smile to squeeze through her face and lowered herself down to her baby girl’s height, taking one of Claire’s chubby hands and whispering, “Can mama tell you her answer later, sweetie?”

Claire tilted her head in confusion before nodding—but before she could allow her mother to rise back up, she took a hold around her wrist and hope was glittering in her eyes. “Please promise to answer this time.”

Elsa bit her lip and forced herself to nod, “I promise.”

With that, the four-year-old gave her mother a toothy grin and picked up the stuffed bunny bereft and lying on the floor, her little form rushing over to the silent man with excitement obvious in her speedy doll-shoed steps.

“Let’s go play, Aiden!” Claire gleefully invited, craning her neck to meet the handsome man’s dazed stare. The secretary shook himself out of his oblivion and ruffled the child’s hair, “Sorry kiddo. I gotta return home.”

Elsa did her best to avoid somebody else’s gaze, especially the tense secretary’s, and Claire found herself comparing her mother’s cheeks to the color of strawberries.

“P-please join us... For dinner.”

Aiden’s breath hitched, and he burrowed his hands into his pockets bashfully at his boss’s generous offer. He has this aching need to decline by default, but he didn’t want to turn down the innocent child’s expectation for him to stay.

“Sure.”

Claire cheered and grabbed the secretary’s hand, then her mother’s before pulling them towards the lavish dining room (or can it be a hall?) consisting the sight of pricey silverware and plates being appointed in front of velvet seats, and the glass table determining the room’s massive size made Aiden immediately speechless.

“Come on and sit!”

“Ladies first,” Aiden quietly mumbled before pulling a seat and assisting a squealing Claire to sit, propping her down on the cushion after hoisting her up like she was a trifling doll.

“Woah! You’re very strong! Mama says I weigh tons,” The little girl giggled.

“Because you really do,” Elsa teased.

“Dumbbells are heavier,” Aiden replies with a small smile, “Say, kiddo, what’s your favorite food?”

“Chocowate!”

“It’s chocolate, my love,” Elsa laughed, emphasizing the L.

Elapsing time froze and the clock’s hands paused in Aiden’s perspective.

Her milky white teeth showed, and her lids closed and exposed more of that addictive eyeshadow when her laughter reminded Aiden of what pure music sounds like.

Sweet skies, she is too gorgeous to even exist.

“Ooh, somebody looks famished!”

And before Aiden knows it, a roly poly man in his late forties donning a stainless white apron and toque have made his way to the table, proudly uniting his hands in a shrill clap.

Then entered another servant—Kai—The Arendelles’ Household’s faithful stalwart butler, entered grandly with a gloved hand balancing a casserole of the food, and Aiden could’ve sworn he saw Claire sink in her seat when she caught a glimpse of the included lettuce.

“Oh no,” The four-year-old whined in misery.

Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly and paid her gratitude to the present staff.

“Bon appetit, Lady Elsa, Claire and Monsieur?”

Aiden fera très bien l'affaire, bon monsieur,” Aiden smiled, bowing his head a bit, “Pas besoin de formalités.

The chef was taken aback and looked impressed. “You speak French, oui?”

“Oui, monsieur.”

Hors de série!The astonished chef praised jubilantly, “Have a good evening then, Aiden.”

“Likewise,” Aiden nods.

“That was outstanding, Aiden,” Elsa couldn’t hide her astonishment, and a vicious lump formed at the back of Aiden’s throat when he realized she was commending him, “Why didn’t you put that on your resume?”

Silence.

“I’m–I was kidding,” Elsa sputtered nervously.

“O-oh, okay.”

And the awkward silence ensued. Carbonara is continuously passed and chewed, and Claire endeavored to swallow her respective greens. The dawdling taste of garlic bread lingered on Aiden’s tongue, and he was getting quite full.

“Mama, I’m finished!”

“Please follow me, young miss,” Gerda instructed from the gaping doorway in between two granite columns.

“Go brush your teeth and take a bath, little love.”

“But mama, wha’about Aiden? I still want to show him around.” Claire pouted.

Aiden smiled and patted the four year old’s head, “Do your thing, kid. I’ll be fine.”

“Owkay!”

Watching her daughter happily skip away, Elsa reshifted her attention towards her empty plate and spoke, “Aiden.”

He looked at her blankly in breakneck speed; a bit downtrodden at the absence of the buoyant little girl who appeared to be the only glue of their communication.

Elsa will have to do all the talking alone, it seems.

“Mmh?” His eyes lingered on his feet.

Her stunning blue orbs were growing misty in guilt. “Can you do it?”

Aiden couldn’t reply. At least, not instantly.

Two things fought like snakes torn in a rivalry in his mind, and he registered and repeated her words like they were faint echoes harshly whispering through smoke.

No, he wasn’t scrutinizing his decision.

He’s simply contemplating what’s the truth behind his agreement. It was either he liked everything that occurred, for some sense, or it was because of her enthralling looks that captivated him to just dive in and throw caution to the wind.

But as he finally got the courage to really, actually reunite his eyes to hers, deep down he knew there was so much more to those succulent red lips which have abruptly claimed his serendipitous first kiss.

He still remembers what she asked of him, what she specifically asked for. Clear as day. A faux relationship, just for show—its foundation built against Elgon’s malicious intentions. Or, anyone else’s malicious intentions.

Elsa couldn’t believe she managed to articulate that request herself. She wondered how many other things she can articulate now that she has explored a side of her she never knew.

Apprehensively breathing deep, he fastidiously anticipated his response.

“I can.”

Her lips parted in surprise. “So yes?”

“I can, I will. If you’re thinking I feel obligated to do this, then don’t, please,” He drank in her tense frame, “And don’t blame yourself for anything that’s happened. Mistakes are to fix—not to fawn over.”

“I just feel guilty that someone else has to get involved with the fixing,” She frowned.

“Well... I did enter the mess myself. It was unforeseen.”

“Yeah,” She murmured.

“So...”

“Yes?”

“Aren’t you going to be forging down rules? Like a contract about this or something?” Aiden shrugged, “I respect any condition you’ll be giving me.”

Goodness, the things she can put into words.

“N-no.”

To be continued
on the next chapter...

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

79.9K 3.2K 19
ᯐ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐃 ( 𝙵𝚁𝙾𝚉𝙴𝙽: 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝟸) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒...
22.8K 738 33
COMPLETED #1 in JELSA! 1-11-19 ••• Elsa has been kept in her room for eight years. One day she decides to go out and explore, just for a day. When sh...
206 9 1
A perfectly arranged marriage. A life in the countryside. A battle with insanity. A love that could heal. (One-Shot, for Jelsa Week 2020)
189K 4.3K 24
Love is one of the most powerful feelings that you can experience in your lifetime. Once you find the right person, every single drop of effort will...