The Queen (Percabeth Selectio...

By Bookotter101

Percy is 18 and the Prince of Greece. A selection is held for all the Ladies in the counties. Annabeth met Pe... More

Memories
Selected
Classes
Elimination
The Date
The Royal Report
The Attack
Coral & Connor
"TAKE COVER"!!!!!!!
Our Place
OMG
Greatest Friends Ever
The Ball
One Shot
The Mahogany
The Groups
The Arrival
The Arrival Pt. 2
Arrival Pt. 3
The Cat Fight
Another Rebel Attack Yippee!!!
DONT SKIP!!!
The Nightmare
Building the Baracade
Tea Time Gone Wrong
Festival of Giving
Carnival Day 1
Carnival Day 2
The Feasts of Givings Ball
The Cold December Day
Secret Confessions
Sneak Peak
Christmas: The Season of Lies, Betrayal, and Surprises Pt.2
We Are All Just Pawns

Christmas: The Season of Lies, Betrayal, & Surprises Pt.1

1.5K 35 17
By Bookotter101

After the princess arrived home from her travels the castle wasn't so quiet anymore.

I was grateful that Coraline had come home safe and sound.

A small party was held in her honor which really seemed to annoy her but other than that things went right back to how they used to be.

The selected saw more of the royals which relieved me but, they didn't stop and talk.

That dangerously disturbing feeling still hung in the air.

I didn't stop in the corridors and appreciate the architecture like I used to.

Guards started following selected at a distance.

My day became a never ending loop of breakfast, going to class, lunch, more class, library, dinner, and then straight to my room.

Selected girls started pairing up and no one walked alone.

It seemed I wasn't the only one getting an uneasy feeling anymore.

Piper was my unofficial official buddy. We walked everywhere together never leaving the other alone in fear of something happening.

Even though Nancy's death was weeks ago no one felt safe.

As the week of Christmas approach the castle seemed to be basking in a new light.

Everyone had seemed happy and glowing.

Servants and maids ran to and fro decking the hallways and banisters in Christmas decor.

Every year since I was little the castle was always the best place in the world to be for Christmas.

Christmas cheer and spirit was always high and nothing ever dampened the mood.

By Monday everywhere you looked there was Christmas decorations.

At breakfast that morning it was announced that classes were cancelled.

For the rest of the week I enjoyed my small trips to the library and binge watching Holiday films with Piper.

I avoided the other girls as much as possible not wanting to deal with the snide comments and remarks some would make about my "new" placement in the selection.

Even though I knew it would eventually happen sooner or later, I had been praying for the later.

And this is were the season took a downward spiral.

It was Wednesday, there was a definite chill running threw the castle like most winter days.

Pipes was sitting in my room setting up Santa Claus 1,2,&3.

Piper and I's maids had been busy at work making the dresses for the Christmas balls so they where nowhere in site.

I had left to get us some hot cocoa and maybe a couple of cookies.

While on my way I once again spotted a guard watching me closely.

As I turned the corner to head downstairs to the kitchens I ran into Sarah.

"Oh hey Annabelle" Sarah said with a snide look, "I heard about what happened with you and Percy. It's tragic really, he just seems so nice especially from what he said to me on our date just now."

She held a triumphant smirk which made me want to roll my eyes but I held back.

"Actually my name is Annabeth which I would think you would know since we have been in this competition together for a few months and I'm happy for you. Also nothing happened between the Prince and I so I would fact check your sources but thank you for the unnecessary concern. Have a good day Sarah."

I continued on my path leaving a stunned and somewhat ashamed girl behind me.

While I was waiting for the hot cocoas, maybe sneaking a cookie or eight, I had received concerned and pity looks from the staff.

This now made me wonder what on earth was the rumor Sarah talking about and how bad was it to have spread to the castle staff.

Once I was given the platter of hot cocoa and fixings I briskly made my way back to the room.

"Finally I was so close to putting it on without you...YOU GOT MASRHMELLOWS" Piper squealed as I set the platter down.

"Yes and other things but I have something to tell you"

With that Piper looked up from pouring half the cup of marshmallows in her drink.

Taking a deep breathe I decided to start at the beginning.

"While I was on my way to the kitchen Sarah Greenfeild, yes her" I informed Piper who looked aghast "stopped me and told me how she heard about Percy and I's falling out of sorts which I brushed off until I was down in the kitchen and the staff kept giving me weird looks. I was wondering if you might know anything about this."

By the time I finished Piper was fuming.

"I cannot believe the two timing back stabbing Hera."

"What?" I questioned hoping to get more, "Piper what do you know?"

"Well" she began, "I know that Miranda was really mad about being eliminated so she started a rumor about the prince and someone in the selection having a fight and the breaking apart. I didn't know who it was about and I swear if I knew it was you I would have told you immediately but I didn't and I feel like a fool and now I'm rambling."

"Hey its okay I don't blame you I was just wondering." I said giving her a side hug which made her relax a little.

"Your right, but just so I'm clear nothing bad happened between you and Percy right?"

"No Piper, now hush and put on the movie and don't even think of stealing all the marshmallows."

The next day went by as usual. No-one stopped me in the halls to talk about the lie being spread around but I could see it had reached the royals.

Piper and I decided to go to the women's room together to write letters home.

As I was finishing up my letter to dad I felt someone's gaze on me.

Quickly looking up I saw Sally was gazing at me sadly which is what lead me to believe someway, probably Coraline with eyes and ears everywhere, it had reached the royal family.

Usually I don't care nor mind what people think of me but, this was the Jacksons. They were practically my family which made me uneasy thinking a lie had manifested into this big of a problem.

I knew I had to nip this in the bud before it became apparent and got out to the public.

So I went to the horses mouth, well the massager of the horse, Mya.

She was walking down the hall with Rose when I caught up with her.

"Mya we need to talk." I said standing in front of her with my arms crossed not in a good mood.

"Whatever about Annabeth." Oh so this girl wants to play innocent, we'll see about that.

"About the lie you spread, which consists of Percy being mean to me and us breaking apart. I get your trying to grab on to a safety net but keep me out of it. You're making it seem as if I spread this which looks bad and will, if it isn't already, upset the royals."

"Annabeth I did nothing wrong but tell Rose, Rachel, Catherine, and Sarah what Miranda told me."

"So instead of coming to me first to make sure what she was saying was true you decided to spread it. I hope you realize what she was doing is trying to have us fight each other and look bad because she was eliminated." I told her frustrated with what was all happening.

"Actually I didn't, I'm sorry Annabeth she was my friend but I guess she lied to me." Mya says saddened by this realization.

"I accept you apology and come to me next time to find out the truth. I sorry that you had to find out your friend would betray you but that just means she isn't a real friend."

"You seem really smart, do you think there might be another reason she did this."

"I'm not sure," I told her, "but maybe it has to do with the fact she wanted you to look bad and get eliminated for starting a false rumor that would get out to the public making you look like a fool."

"Thanks Annabeth your not as bad as you seem even though you are huge competition for Percy; I hope we can be friends after this."

"I'd like that." I told her as she smiled and walked away with Rose following her.

I headed back to the women's room to tell Piper what happened.

That night I prayed to all the gods I could think of, that this would all go away, things would get better, and Christmas would be as wonderful and cheery as I remembered it.

I wish I could see how wrong I was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 64 70
Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase finally got the life they always wanted. Along with the seven, Nico, Will, Reyna and Thalia are going to find out that...
54.1K 1.3K 76
A collection of headcanons written by yours truly. I wrote everything but I'll include inspiration credit if there was any. Will include a lot of shi...
131K 1.8K 81
April 2024: Started Editing Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes or inside the minds of the other demigods? Or perhaps, what becomes of them af...
11.1K 131 30
Mortals and demigods alike meet our favorite demigods and couples! There may be stories with multiple parts, some where the demigods are gods or the...