Nevermind (Jay I-Land ff)

By seoulfeels

"I'm fine! Because that's what you wanted to hear." Collab with @Shachie1322 ๐Ÿฅฐ ... Date Started: July 31, 20... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Comparison
Chapter 2 - Nightmare
Chapter 3 - Left Behind
Chapter 4 - Try Again
Chapter 5 - Team
Chapter 6 - Marks
Chapter 7 - Pure Blood
Chapter 8 - Accident
Chapter 9 - Monster
Chapter 10 - Lost
Chapter 12 - Nameplate
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Poison
Chapter 15 - Fresh Wounds
Chapter 16 - Birthday
Chapter 17 - L.J
Chapter 18 - Escape
Chapter 19 - Claw Machine
Chapter 20 - Drowning
Chapter 21 - Happy
Chapter 22 - Abandoned
Chapter 23 - Apology
Chapter 24 - Alarm
Chapter 25 - Bullet
Chapter 26 - Twins
Chapter 27 - The Cursed Child
Chapter 28 - Rest
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Pyromaniac
Chapter 31 - Not Okay
Chapter 32 - Ice Prince
Chapter 33 - Escape
Chapter 34 - Russian Roulette
Chapter 35 - Try
Chapter 36 - How to Save A Life
Chapter 37 - Take The Fall
Chapter 38 - You Shine
Chapter 39 - Living A Lie
Chapter 40 - One Of Them
Chapter 41 - Fall Easily
Bonus Chapter 1 - Yves
Chapter 42 - Trauma
Chapter 43 - Chances
Chapter 44 - Lost
Chapter 45 - Ring On My Ear
Chapter 46 - Successor
Chapter 47 - A Family
Chapter 48 - Missing
Not an update
Chapter 49 - Shoot Me

Chapter 11 - Note

673 71 20
By seoulfeels

The next day, Jay tried his best to think positive. It might be the key to have a better day. He walked in on the kitchen with Lia preparing breakfast. She made blueberry cream cheese waffles.

"Good morning." He greets cheerfully unexpectedly. Lia was expecting him to be preoccupied, bit this is good. He's happy now. He looked like it at least. She expected him to be. That's how Jay is all the time. He would disappear for a couple of house, then back to being normal after. It's simple.

It was too simple.

A problem gone after walking.

Or maybe there wasn't a problem to begin with, he just thinks too much and too deep.

Too much thoughts complicates things.

Once again, too simple.

A simple explanation in such complex behavior.

Almost too good to be true.

Maybe it wasn't that easy. Maybe he's still has a lot in his mind.

But who would ever look into it? As long as you appear to be fine, everyone's relieved again. Relieved they won't have to deal with you.

Jay came to school a little late for making sure Lia got to her school safe. He was Lucky that Hansol opened the gate secretly for him, scolding him as a punishment. "You're lucky I'm the only one here. Next time you come in late, I'll definitely make you run 300 laps." He said but Jay has already ran fast to class. He was like a ninja.

He was already at the first building. He ran as fast as he can, barging the wrong class. He entered Class B, eyeing Mark Lee who's writing on the board with his perfect penmanship that looks like it's computerized. He's underlining the possible questions on his quiz.

He's confused because he was sure that his first subject was Johnny. He even made sure he has his essay about the three deathly hallows.

Jay was about to proceed to his usual seat when he realized someone's sitting there. Someone he's not close to. It's Kang Minhee.

Wait, he's not at the same class as Kang Minhee.

He looked around and realized he doesn't know a lot of these people.

Jungwon waved at him, followed by Kyungmin who looked so confused.

Mark Lee noticed that it was too quiet, so he turned to see the class. He saw Jay standing there confused with his life.

"Park Jay, sit down!" He scolded.

Jay turned to Mark, his brain wasn't processing for some reason. It must be because of the lack of sleep. "He entered the wrong class, Sir." Koo Jungmo saved him.

"Oh really?" Mark asked turning around again, he smiled widely when he realized. "Oh yes! Get outta here." He said laughing at Jay who silently made his way out. He glanced back at the classroom wondering why he knew Kang Minhee and Koo Jungmo. He recalls their faces and names but he doesn't remember why.

He walked into Johnny Seo's class with him informing them that Kwon Yuri currently deactivated her accounts, and her number couldn't be reached, and that they went to her apartment but her neighbors said she and her boyfriend weren't there or at least 3 days now.

Jay snuck in, hurrying his way towards Sunghoon who looked disappointed in him.

"Not so quick, Park Jay." Johnny called him out. "Where have you been?" He asked, walking towards him.

Jay smiled awkwardly, as he turned around to face Johnny. "I accidentally joined Mark Lee's class, Sir." He answered on a low voice. Embarrassed how stupid his actions were.

Johnny smiled, "unfortunately that's not a valid excuse. So you'll meet me in detention this afternoon." He then leaned to whisper. "It's a match between Kang Minhee's team and us. Make sure you're prepared to beat them this time. Yuta can't exempt everybody from an exam. We need to win." He whispered, making the class curious on what they're talking about.

Jay nods, but tried to hide his smile. Of course he can't just reveal that it's not really the detention that everybody knows of. Not all are close to Johnny. He just picks some students he knew would vibe with him, such as Youngbin and EJ. EJ's not actually in a good condition right now.

"By the way, let's get back to our beloved subject." Johnny tried to play it normal. Getting excited on their match this afternoon can't be helped but he has work tod do. "Now I remember asking you all to make an essay about the three Deathly Hollows. I know that you must be tired of reading this book because of Mark Lee, but that's the beauty of it. You already know the book. If your essay looks copied on some internet article out there, I'll definitely give a failed grade." He started.

"Now Jaeho, I want you to tell me. If you get to own one of the Deathly Hallows, what would it be and why?" He asked.

Jaeho walked towards the platform in front as if it was a pageant. The held his imaginary mic. "First of all, I would like to thank you for that wonderful question." He said making the class go wild, cheering for him.

"If I were to own one of the three Deathly Hallows, I'd love to have the the elder wand. Not only it was the most powerful wand of all, and having it would automatically make you the most powerful wizard of all, but I dont want to have it to receive all that power." He paused, smiling at his classmates as they anticipated for his answer. "I want to have it in my possession to sell it on a high price and get lots of money." This time around, it was only his friends who cheered for him.

"Jaeho! Jaeho! Jaeho!"

A lot of them were rather dismayed that he chose money over power. Clearly he has to sort out his priorities.

But of course, everybody's different in their own ways. Some of them craved power because they're young and hasn't yet built a name for themselves. They wanted their opinions to be heard and considered as well. They wanted their ideas to be shared.

But for Jaeho, he needed the money. He's one of those people who wanted to be independent and escape a strict household. He wanted to make money for himself so he could finally break free from all the rules that his parents set for him.

"That way I won't be tempted to show off and boast about it like the elder brother did. No one would murder me in my sleep for the elder wand. I would no longer posses the sinful wand, and I get the money." Jaeho added.

"That's clever. Date this young man, he's practical and business minded." Johnny told the girls, making them giggle and blush.

"No, I don't date. It's not in the budget." He said leaving the girls booing and hissing at him as he stepped back, satisfied with his answer. Johnny chuckled, gesturing the class to keep quiet.

"Yoonwon! Come here and answer the same question." Johnny called, but Yoonwon looked flustered. He looked pale as if he's seen a ghost. "I..." He spoke, then tried to get up from his chair. He limped on his way to the platform making his friends worry. What happened to him? Johnny as well.

"Hey! Easy there. What's wrong?" Johnny asked.

"We played tennis yesterday. I kinda twisted my ankle." He shyly responded. "But not to worry, I'm sure it's nothing." He told his classmates.

He looked fine though, and he said he was fine so there's nothing to be concerned about really, so they ignored it and waited for his answer.

"Well.." he paused, glancing at Jaeho. "For me I'd like to have the cloak of invisibility. Let's just say I want to follow and watch some people I dislike. I want to see how they spend their day and how they manage to sleep at night knowing they caused pain to other people. Because I'm curious...how they can live with themselves." He said then stepped back to join Jaeho near the white boards.

"That's a lot of hate right there, my boy. You need to stop focusing on the things that gives you toxicity, and start focusing on yourself for a change. You're much more precious than any of those people." Johnny told him. Though he knew where he's coming from. He was once a highschool student as well.

He used to hate a lot of students and teachers as well. Sometimes he also wonder how can someone be so cruel. As he grew up he just accepted that no matter how kind you are with people, you can never please anyone.

"Jay, since you're late, can I hear your opinion?" Johnny asked. He stood up and joined them. "I think I'm left with the resurrection stone." He swallowed a lump, trying to think as quickly as possible. He was still a little lethargic, but he shook his head to wake himself up. "Well, I've met a lot of people recently. They became my friends, and kinda like a family to me." He started, thinking about the friends he made so far after he became a part of the unsafe building.

"The second brother used it to bring the dead back to life. A woman he once hoped he'd marry until her untimely death ." Jay spoke on a disturbingly shaky voice. They were all paying attention, trying to grasp what he's trying to say. "He resurrected her, but she was not among the living. She was sad and cold because she doesn't belong on the mortal world. There was nothing that the second brother could do to make her feel better, so he became unhappy as well. She was back, yet it was cheating. She's now stuck on aplace where she doesn't belong, and he did this to her, though it was not his plan when he thought of bringing her back to life. He took his own life because of the empty feeling of longing that he can never fill up." He paused, glancing at Johnny.

"At least that's how I understood it." Jay told him. Johnny nodded in confirmation.

"Once I have the stone in my possession, I will destroy it at once. So those who seek to resurrect their loved ones won't have a chance to. Because it'll be disturbing the dead from their grave and bringing forth pain upon yourself. It's hard to live when a friend or a precious person in your life is no longer there, but it'll be more painful for yourself trying to bring them back to life instead of catching up with your own." Jay answered. It was too realistic. The class wanted to hear him resurrect at least a dead puppy or something.

"I'd love to resurrect a friend of mine." Youngbin spoke, interrupting Jay. "Someone who didn't deserve to die. Someone who would've lived longer if only the world was a little kinder to him." He said referring to Minsung. The whole class knew what he meant, also Johnny. Though he couldn't mention his name because it was under investigation right now. Two people has already used his name tag. Two people has tried to bring him back to life.

His name has recently resurfaced.

"I guess this activity has to end this way." Johnny tried to break it up before his class becomes controversial. His students can't be involved in this topic, now that the school and the students is being observed silently. It's the same as when Hogwarts was being surrounded by Dementors because Sirius Black escaped Azkaban.

"I'd like to say something." Jay interrupted.

Johnny didn't want him to keep the conversation going, so he tried to make it a joke. "Well Neville, I'm sure that we'd all be facinated with what you'd have to say." Johnny tried his best to imitate Voldemort's voice, making the whole class laugh at him, though Sunghoon was worried of what Jay would say.

"I’d like to say something. Doesn’t matter that Harry’s gone. People die everyday—friends..family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. But he’s still with us…in here. So is Fred, Remus, Tonks…all of them. They didn’t die in vain! But you will! Cause you’re wrong! Harry’s heart did beat for us! For all of us! It’s not over!" He tried to play along with Johnny, which made him relax a little bit.

"They will live within us through their beliefs, their memories, and their stories. As long as we dont let that die they will remain alive." He finished, directing it at Youngbin, suspecting that it was him who used Minsung's name tag last night.

"Plus 10 points to each of you on the next activity. Thank you for joining me. Now, I would like you guys to make an Eulogy for yourselves. This is actually for Philosophy class but as a literature teacher, I'd like to have an insight on what kind of speech you'd leave for your loved ones when you pass." Johnny told them.

It was a sensitive activity. They felt like this is wrong.

"Like a suicide note?" Yves asked provocatively.

"An Eulogy, my dear student. Talk about yourself in third person perspective if you will. Cocky, boastful, it depends on the writer. Give it a personality, put yourself into your writing. Whoever refused to write or pass their Eulogy tomorrow, they will have to prepare a 2-week diary, filled with their daily thoughts. Class dismissed." He said then left them all groaning.

Jay went to Sunghoon who was eyeing him.

"What?" He asked.

"Don't ever involve yourself with any topics consisting Lee Minsung. The school disclosed his death in a rush for a reason." He scolded Jay. "Death of a student by suicide is any school's doom. A student commiting suicide means the school has poor management on their students' well being." He explained as if Jay doesn't know this already.

"As if that's not true." Jay responded.

Next class was Mark Lee's history class. Now this is something good. They all sat on their Hogwarts houses, separating the twins. Sunghoon on Gryffindor, while Jay on Hufflepuff. Jay was kinda sad that EJ's not beside him today. Instead, he sat beside Heejin. He noticed the bruise at the side of her face is now healing. What used to be violet discoloration was now light brown.

"You really didn't report it, huh? What did your parents tell you? I'm sure they were furious. Such a beautiful face for a bruise." He said hissing as he shook his head in disappoinment.

"My parents won't believe me, Jay." Heejin whispered, opening her notes to copy notes from the board.

"But what if they would? You were bruised. I'm sure they'd be concerned about it." He tried to still convince her but she hit her table hard enough to distract the whole class.

"Oh shut up Jay! You don't know how it feels like to be me." She yelled at her, frightening Mark Lee. Turning to them in concern.

"Everything alright there?" Mark asked the two.

"Yes, Sir. I'm good. Ask him if he is." Heejin said as she gathered her things to go to EJ's usual seat.

Jay was quiet the whole subject, feeling like an asshole. He already saw how the school works when you try to make a complaint, but he still tried to persuade Heejin. Maybe he wasn't thinking at all.

"Let's focus on copying first so we can all memorize even a little bit of the lecture." Mark Lee told them, though he was concerned with Jay and Heejin.

After class, he approached Jay. "Everything good?" He asked.

"Fine." Jay responded, but it doesn't seem like it.

"You know, you can talk to me if you want." Mark Lee offered but Jay shook his head and forced a smile. "I'm good." He said then proceeds to Hansol's office to take a nap.

He barged in as if it was his own house, Hansol didn't even bother to pick up a fight with him. Instead, he nodded to greet him as if he's the boy's father. "Hyuuuung!" He whined in frustration as he lazily laid on the couch as if this was his own living room.

Hansol tried to ignore him, trying to focus on watch anime. He needed relaxation because he'd be forced to play in Yuta's team again. That was after his own gym class.

"Hyuung!" Jay whines again. "I'm an insensitive prick." He groaned, pulling a blanket over him, curling up on a ball.

"Cool." Hansol responded, turning the volume up to ignore Jay more.

"Help me dig my own grave! Pray for me so I have a place in the afterlife." The kid groans again which was more than annoying. Can't he see that Hansol's trying to watch anime peacefully before he joined him. He brutally pressed the spacebar to pause what he's watching.

"It's settled kid. The devil called, he said you can take a place in his royal guards. He's got it all covered." He smirked, as Jay frowned at him.

Jay approached Hansol, closing his laptop making him groan in annoyance but tried to keep ignoring Jay, moving towards the couch where Jay was.

He wanted to treat him like a ghost. He closed his eyes, playing with his phone instead, ignoring that Jay was now sitting on the floor watching him play PUBG.

"Your teammate needs to be revived." Jay tried to tell him, but Hansol just won't listen to him, going towards the opposite direction.,

"There! There! Someone's hiding. He's camping on the shed! Use grenade! Over there!" Jay pointed out. Hansol wanted to do what he said but it'll mean he's acknowledging Jay's presence, and it's not Hansol's main goal here. He wanted to keep his pride, so he walked past it.

"He'll kill you! Look back for a second. I think he saw you." Jay instructed, but Hansol just won't do whatever it is that he's asking him to do. Jay frowned, closing his eyes to just sleep. Besides, he's here to rest in the first place.

Sleeping is a good way to take advantage of the free time, but what Jay realized is that there's no better way to spend his free time than annoy Hansol.

Without thinking twice, he grabbed Hansol's phone and took over his game. Keeping up to ignore Jay, Hansol tried his best to shrug it off and just close his eyes and not say a word.

'patience' he kept reminding himself.

"Hyung!" The door opened, it was Jaemin. Jay was too focused on the game and didn't glance at the doorframe.

"Arrh! What is is this time?" Hansol asked in annoyance. He couldn't keep his cool anymore if there's two annoying thing bugging him.

"Yuta hyung! Hurry!" He said and slammed the door shut.

"Yuta what? I'm Hansol." He muttered. Footsteps was heard outside the office with noisy students passing by.

Jay had a bad feeling that he ran outside and pushed past students towards the soccer field. Two officers were standing before Yuta, discussing the Miranda Rights, then cuffed his hands.

"What's happening?" Jay asked whoever is near him. It was Jungmo, right next to the school's golden boy, Kang Minhee.

"No idea bro." He responded.

"Was it because there's fire involved?" Minhee asked. "Yuta's known for being a Pyromaniac. He has records when he was in High School." He discussed.

"That's bullshit. We were with him almost the whole night when the arson happened." Jay whispered.

"Oh, it Park Jay. The transfer student." Minhee flashed a forced smile. His tone was also sarcastic as if Jay did something to him. "This is how things are handled here. Welcome to Seoul High." He said patting his back.

"What do you mean?" Jay asked.

"It's a place where a lie becomes the truth and the truth becomes a lie. Just like what my brother told me." Jungmo told Jay. "But what do you know about that? You can't even recognize your own friends." He said forcefully bumping his shoulders on Jay's.

Friends?

"Or maybe you're too cool now." Minhee said then did the same, leaving him confused.

Jay ignored them, running towards Yuta as fast as he could to catch up. "Yuta hyung!" Jay yelled.

He was joined by the others. Heeseung, Seon, Jeno and the whole crew.

Yuta turned around and flashed his wide smile, "Why do you look like you committed a crime?" He asked. "Don't worry, it's all good. I have a good lawyer." He reassured.

They were all anxious for him. Who would believe him if he has a record?

"Can we be his alibi? We were with him the whole time." Jay asked them.

"He asked us to not mention that we were with him, or we'll get investigated as well." Jeno muttered.

Jay hissed in frustration. He wanted to at least help.

"Let's got to Hansol hyung. We better see them." Heeseung said, as they were walking towards Hansol's office in a sea of shocked students who already accepted that it was Yuta sho burned down Station 3, Yuri was also walking confidently, past them.

She looked fine, until she saw Heeseung that she backed away trembling. She went pale and stiff as if she's seen a ghost of some sort.

"How?" She muttered under his breath.

Heeseung noticed her, approaching her slowly, "it's good to see you again. Where were you?" He asked cornering her, making her tremble more and look at him with wide teary eyes.

"But...But...you, you...were. It was you who jumped."

"What is that? I can't understand you." Heeseung went closer, haunting her more. The way she used to thirst over his was now replaced by this. A scared girl who can even form a sentence. She couldn't even stand straight.

"Dare to come close to me now that the school is under observation, and they'll know what really happened to Lee Minsung." He finished glaring at her fiercely.

Due to worrying about Yuta, the others don't stop to see Heeseung's personal business with Yuri, but Jay.

It gave him more confusion. Why is she accusing that Heeseung jumped? Also, Heeseung's warning didn't sound right in Jay's ears.

Dare to come close to me now that the school is under observation, and they'll know what really happened to Lee Minsung.

What did happened to Lee Minsung?

Was it not suicide?

Heeseung knew what happened and it involves Yuri.

Jay followed Heeseung towards Hansol's office, where he's currently on the phone talking to someone. Jeno and the others were waiting for him to hung up on his phone.

"Ok! Meet us at Bambam's later. Make sure he won't do anything to make himself look guilty. Thanks." Hansol released a breath after the call.

"What's happening?" Haechan asked demandingly without giving Hansol a time to process what happened.

"I called an old friend. He's a good lawyer. Hopefully Yuta won't show them what they want to see from him." Hansol sighed nervously.

"Yuta hyung looked like he had it all together." Jisung told him, but he earned a slap on the shoulders by Hansol.

"Of course he's not. He was just trying to show as if he does. Knowing Yuta he might be at rage right now for being falsely accused. It's just an investigation. They can't keep him there for too long if they don't have a solid evidence." Hansol muttered.

...

Yuta was taken towards an interrogation room. It's not the first time he's been in one of those. He knew he's being watched and knows he's being recorded in case he'd act in a certain way, or reveal something that would make him look guilty.

"Last Friday, December 14, where were you at 12 to 3 AM?" They asked him.

"I was out clubbing until 12 AM to 1 AM I think, then went to my friend's art gallery. I slept there, had breakfast and left at noon, why?" He asked sitting back to relax. "Can we turn on the air conditioner? Aren't you saving a lot of power for this?" He asked, making the prosecutor sigh. It's Sungchul's father and he's seen this man in school meetings. It just so happened that he's seen him a lot of times here back when he was still a kid as well.

Being accused of lots and lots of vandalism, destruction of property and mostly involves fire.

He's frustrated that he knew this guy has taught his son sports before. This troubled young man doesn't seem to be a teacher who would be around kids with this kind of reputation.

"Nakamoto Yuta, focus." He said, looking at him in the eyes. He raised a resealable bag with a bronze flip lighter in it, with a UK flag design. "Do you recognize this?" He asked.

Yuta shook his head, looking at it. The other investigators watching behind the one-way mirror are getting frustrated at Yuta's denial.

"Never owned one of these?" The prosecutor asked.

"No." He answered verbally this time.

"Never used one of these?" He was asked again.

"No officer." He answered truthfully. He's used lighters before but not like this. He doesn't even know how this lighter works, or where to buy them.

"Are you sure? Think again." He told Yuta who sat back to relax again.

"Nope, officer. That's kinda flashy if you ask me. Have you ever caught me with those?" He aske as if it was him who's interrogating.

He has a point. Officer Noh has never ever caught him with a lighter this fancy as well. He's always carrying matches and ordinary lighter, but not like this.

"Plus, I've never really went to UK before." Yuta added.

"How about this?" He pulled a gasoline container, similar to what was left on the morgue, the night of the fire.

"Isn't that for cars? My driver's license expired six months ago, and I sold my car for jacuzzi." He said grimaced, satisfied with his decision. "Best trade I ever did. I can have a refreshing hot bath in my own house after teaching sports all day. I have never slept like a log before."

One investigator barged in, "nonsense." He accused. "Just admit to it. You're records are against you." He grabbed the bag of the lighter slidding it out, in front of Yuta. Tempting him to hold it so they'd get his finger prints on it.

It has at least 7 finger prints and none of them match Yuta's. They've had Yuta's finger prints ever since he's been taken here when he was still a student.

He's here often and his finger prints were never tampered on.

They needed to disclose this crime immediately to give their colleague  who died in the fire, justice before his memorial service.

Yuta did itch to see flame from the lighter, but restrained himself. A few seconds later, his friend Winwin came. "My client refuses to give any statement until you show us hard evidences." He said making Yuta smile to see his workaholic friend who's been away for too long.

"We have a warrant." The investigator told him.

"And yet you don't have any hard evidences but his records. With all those records, has he harmed anyone? Has he damaged a structure? Did anyone got hurt because of him? You have lack of evidence in hand...." But before Winwin can finish, they raised another resealable bag, with a letter inside it. It looked like it has been smudged.

"I believe this was in Lee Minsung's pocket the day he was found dead." Mr. Noh said, sliding it in front of Yuta.

His smile immediately faded. The life in his eyes disappeared hearing that name.

It was Lee Minsung's suicide note.

Of course he's seen this before. He was asked to come here when Minsung's body was retrieved.

The letter has his name in it.

"What does this has to do with the arson that happened? That was a year ago. One year at the 18th of December." Winwin told them.

"The arson happened when a student using Lee Minsung's name tag jumped in Han river where Minsung jumped. It has to be related. Only Nakamoto Yuta refused to disclose the topic. He said it wasn't suicide by depression. He said he was being tormented by someone and it has to be investigated. It was also Nakamoto Yuta who spray painted a dick at Station 3 when Minsung's case was closed, he even raised his middle finger at all the officers there including Seho. It can be a crime of passion." They placed a few screenshots of Yuta last years spray painting and flashing a middle finger.

Yuta bursted laughing all of a sudden, terrifying everyone including Winwin. He doesn't even know why Yuta's acting this way.

"I'd love to see you present this in court." He said, then continued laughing.

His hand cuffs were removed, releasing him.

"He's right." Sungchul's father told the other investigators. "This is too sloppy to be him. It might be just some students, trying to resurface Lee Minsung." He told them.

"What? What about Yuta?" The investigator who was impatient with Yuta asked, Detective Choi Doojun.

"We have to look at it on a different perspective. He's changed. We can't always look at him as the immature kid we always find where there's trouble anymore. Someone must've taken over him. After he graduated and became an educator, he's never been in trouble before." Mr. Noh told them.

"He just got better at getting away with it. And that Dong Sicheng, he was one of them. Remember Ten, and Taeyong, were fired last year for trying to protect Kei and the other students that weren't caught? The student who trespassed the Parks. They're still the same." Doojun insisted.

"For now, we need send people to be in Han River at dawn. We have to catch them in action, or we don't have any evidence or anyone to investigate. The media's already taking interest. It won't take long before they surround the school and harass our children." He said in concern.

He sighed, staring at Lee Minsung's suicide note.

...

Yuta hyung,

   I'm afraid you're the only one I can think of that I owe an apology and an explanation. You've inspired me to achieve more, to dream big and to believe that I deserve more. That I deserve to have a future. Don't show my grandparents, they'd be better off not knowing. It might give them the wrong idea that they could've done something. Which is false.

   Is this really a thing?  Suicide note, I mean. Or am I being dramatic?

   Sorry I couldn't finish what I started. Sorry I couldn't even graduate High School. You did inspire a hopeless case like me. You really did. I didn't do this because I never really dreamed and hoped to be something.

   If I kill myself, I'll die once and in my own hands.

   If I keep living, I'll die mulultiple times from the hands of people who I despise the most.

  Please look out for Kei, Seon and Heeseung. Especially Heeseung, he's got nothing to lose. He might do the same. They're really precious to me. Sorry for asking too much.

  I wish you're my father, or my older brother. Next life I want to be reborn as your son. I love you hyung.

                                                                  Leemin

...

(Flashback)

Yuta knelt in front of Minsung's body after reading the letter. He was contacted because Minsung used his phone number as his emergency contact. "You didn't...you didn't owe me an apology. It was I who owed you an apology. You made me feel like I was an actual help to at least one student." He said followed by tears escaping his eyes.

"Is there a way to save him? I'll give my heart, my liver, my brain, my lungs. All." Yuta asked the Doctor.

"It doesn't work like that. We will not risk taking life for an operation without any assurance to save the other. Just get back working at the hospital Yuta. Working at a school is this traumatic. Back here you never cared if anybody dies in this bed." The Doctor told him. He used to work here.

"I can't, I have 3 more students to look out for." He shakingly stood up, reaching for Minsung's hand. "Rest well my brother. Leave it all to me. They'll all graduate." Yuta whispered, then let them take his body.

(End of Flashback)

...

A/N: I was so sad when I saw the Jopping team during the elimination and got super emotional. The way they held each other until Nicolas really had to go, but Hanbin and Niki didn't leave each other.

This chapter explains my emotion. I was relieved that Niki and Hanbin made it, but sad at the same time because of Nicolas.

Excuse me while I cry in the corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 3.6K 47
"Wait this isn't my phone" Sunoo said "Did we get a new update why is everything pink" Niki said Started: Aug 4, 2022 Ended: May 12, 2023
8.6K 161 18
Being blind won't change who I am. I must help him change his cold personality. I must help him become a better person. I must become the source of h...
55.7K 1.5K 50
., ' / ๐‘ฑ๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐‘น๐’†๐’‚๐’… ๐‘ฐ๐’• ๐’…๐’–๐’‰๐’‰๐’‰?! *)~ ] << ? ! / ^...
134K 4.5K 40
You โ€ขแด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›โ€ข it was just a coincidence you two met โ€ขส™แดœแด›โ€ข you kept meeting him again โ€ขแด€ษขแด€ษชษด แด€ษดแด… แด€ษขแด€ษชษดโ€ข what will happen between you two? โ€ขโ€ข โ€ขโ€ข Start:...