Bloodline [h.s.]

Por stylesbythesea

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the light touch of her cold fingers. She saw through me. Either... Más

bloodline.
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.*
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.*
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.*
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.*
forty-five.
forty-six.*
forty-seven.
forty-eight.*
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.*
fifty-two.
fifty-three.*

eighteen.

1.8K 67 235
Por stylesbythesea

As I heard the key on the other side of the door, I knew I had less than ten seconds to disappear. The space between the bed and the floor was too narrow. The best exit was the window Nate had left open for a breeze.

"Just a minute, Cara. I'm coming." Nate said to stall her.

I swung one leg out the window before he looked at me with wide eyes, "You're going to fall."

"This, brother, is where my training comes in." I said, before smoothly making my exit.

It was dark enough outside for me to not worry about being seen. The roof was slightly slanted but flat enough for me to stand my ground. I leaned back against the stone bricks for stability as I debated whether it was safer to climb down the house or wait for the girls to leave before reentering. I wasn't able to hear inside the room enough, so I proceeded to strategise my descent.

There was a strip a grass that seemed better to land on than the driveway. I slowly moved forward from the bricks. As I reached the edge of the roof, I looked down to prepare to jump. I was at least four metres from the ground, so I knew not to land on my feet unless I wanted to break both my legs. I took a breath before jumping.

"Fuck," I groaned. Most of the force went into my shoulder. I heard someone shriek as they heard me hit the ground.  I quickly scrambled to my knees, hoping to pass this off as a stumble rather than a fall from the roof.

"Oh my god, Jacob?" Bridget turned around to my direction, "You scared the life out of me."

Shit. She ran over to me. At least, she didn't see the fall.

"What did you... how... what just happened?" She asked. I had to think fast.

"I... tripped over my feet." She took my hands to help me up with a smirk on her face as she tried not to laugh.

"I didn't even see you. I just heard a loud thump. Are you okay?" She chuckled before laughing at my expense when she saw that I was okay.

"Yeah, yeah, it's very funny." I laughed with her, relieved I didn't have to explain why I was jumping off the roof. I wiped off the dirt and grass.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just dropped off some work stuff that Nick wanted. About to head home. What are you doing here?"

"Wine night with Cara. I needed a break from my dad. He's on a rampage because this big potential investor pulled out last minute. He's blaming me, per usual." She said, rolling her eyes.

Compliments of Nick and I. I bit my tongue.

"I'm sorry. You're good at what you do. Sometimes it's just easier to have someone to be angry at. Why are you out here?" I wondered.

"Cara and I got into a stupid argument, and I didn't drive here. I was about to call Peter to pick me up."

"I can drive you home, or... you could come over." I offered. She nodded. I opened the car door for her and came around to the other side. Bridget was looking down at her hands.

BRIDGET GALLAGHER

"What did you and Cara fight about?" Jacob asked as he pulled out of the driveway.

"When I told her what happened with work, she said I let my family turn me into an 'etiquette robot' that only cares about work and my parents' approval. Then, she said... some other things that just pissed me off."

"What other things?" He pressed.

The last thing I wanted to do was share with him Cara's unsolicited criticisms of my sex life. But I didn't want to make something up. Part of me wanted to know what he would say. I knew I shouldn't take what she said seriously, especially when she said after five glasses, but it still bothered me a little.

"It's too embarrassing. It doesn't even matter. I'm just annoyed." I brushed it off.

"You don't have to be embarrassed. Tell me. I'm curious, now." He whined. The argument really wasn't as deep as it was mortifying. Then again, I was also easily mortified.

"Do you think I'm boring?" I asked sheepishly. I looked down, afraid of his answer.

"No, of course not. Why would you think that?"

"She said that my anxiety has made me so boring and uptight that, in her words, I probably don't have a single sexual bone left in my body." I mumbled reluctantly. The embarrassment burned in my cheeks as a chuckle escaped Jacob's lips.

"That is awful. Why would she say that to you?" He stifled his laugh. I shrugged.

"You aren't boring, Bridget. You are intelligent and analytical, which is often mistaken for boring and anxious. I, for one, find you to be incredibly sexy." He said with a playful grin on his face.

I blushed and looked away out the window, resisting the urge to jump out of the car and cringe myself into oblivion. Receiving compliments of any kind made me want to crawl out of my skin. It made me thankful it was too dark for him to see my face.

He kissed me as he came to a stop at a red light. When the light turned green, his hand remained firmly on my thigh even as he merged onto the freeway. There was an unusual amount of traffic, leaving us at glacial pace on the 101.

I zoned out for awhile until his hand moved to my inner thigh with one finger beneath the fabric of my skirt. A smirk emerged on his face as my cheeks turned pink.

"What are you doing?" I asked suspiciously. I bit down on my bottom lip to contain my smile.

"You would love to know, wouldn't you?" He shrugged.

"Yeah, that's kind of why I as—" I was cut off by my own gasp as he dragged his index finger against me.

I let out a shaky breath as he moved his hand away as the cars began moving a little. Each time the cars stopped his fingers glazed over the highest point on my inner thigh with the lightest ghost of a touch.

After the third time, I was so frustrated I could have cut off his hand. I started to resent the stop and slow of cars around us. My knees tightly squeezed together to suppress the pressure building in me. My teeth were clenched so hard that my jaw became sore. I wanted to pull my hair out or yank his hand back to the part of me aching for him, but my shyness kept me silent. Maybe Cara was right.

A couple miles later the traffic was at a standstill again. A familiar tingling sensation returned to my thigh when it became apparent the cars weren't going to move. His hand pushed my knees apart. Jacob's eyes remained on the road, pretending as though his actions were absentminded. My breath hitched as I felt the cold touch of his rings through my lace underwear.

"Jac— ah," I gasped and jolted at his fingers slowly stroking me. It wasn't until this that his eyes left the window to me.

"Would you like me to continue?" He asked like he  was doing the most innocent thing in the world. I nodded shyly.

"Need to her you say it, Bee." He teased, but meant it.

"Yes." I said breathlessly.

"Yes, what?" He batted his eyelashes with a lascivious grin.

"Keep going." I said through my teeth while he slid the grey lace material out of his way. I could see it on his face that he got off on driving me insane from his touch alone.

The pressure in my core throbbed as his fingers moved in torturously slow swirls in me. The sight of the veins in his neck distended as he white-knuckled the steering wheel sent me to an indescribable high.

A constrained moaned escaped my lips. My one hand pressed against the dashboard while the other death gripped the edge of the leather seat. As my hips angled down against his fingers for relief, he pulled back slightly. If he was stopping, I was going to throw myself into moving traffic.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked again. I was surprised I could form a coherent sentence.

"Proving your friend wrong," he smirked, "I don't think I could ever get bored of watching you while I do this."

Before I could say anything, his fingers circled against the throbbing pressure. He moved in sync with my hips. My thoughts had dissolved into nothing but overwhelming bliss.

"I want to make you feel good," he breathed, "The next time someone calls boring, I want you to remember fucking my hand in traffic."

The words sounded so distant as I felt myself about to come undone. I tossed my head back against the headrest, which arched my back upwards. He continued pumping his fingers in and out as I hit my peak. The relief of pressure left me writhing in my seat.

"Oh my god," I moaned. The cars started moving again, but he didn't pull away until I finished.

"Christ," he breathed, "Bee, you are fucking beautiful. I need a better word for it."

His head kept turning between the road and me as I calmed down. The grin on his face sent flutters to my stomach. I moon and car lights lit up his satisfaction filled face. This man was going to be the death of me.

"See?" He said, smiling. My brain felt like mush. I couldn't even comprehend what he was referring to.

"See what?"

He didn't answer immediately. I patiently waited for his explanation as he burst into a fit of laughter. His laugh was contagious even without knowing what was so amusing to him.

"What?" I laughed nervously.

"I am happy to confirm that do have at least one 'sexual bone' in your body." He snorted at his own joke.

My hands covered my face as I cringed from Jacob ruthlessly furthering my humiliation. This, of course, only make him laugh harder. Even at my expense, his laugh made me ridiculously happy.

"Jacob," I groaned through my laughter and hit his shoulder.

"You didn't have to specify that she said the word, sexual bone." He said as he caught his breath.

"Stop saying it!" I exclaimed, trying not to laugh, "I wasn't going to use her exact words, but I was nervous and it just came out."

After a forty-five minute drive that usually only took fifteen minutes, he finally pulled into his driveway. Luckily, his relentless teasing stopped by time we got home. The sun was setting earlier, so it felt later than it really was. Jacob went upstairs to change out of his work clothes while I wandered around his kitchen.

"Looking for something?" Jacob asked, coming downstairs.

"Your bananas turned completely brown. You should bake banana bread." I observed.

"I can't bake, but if you want to give it a shot, be my guest."

"Lucky for you, I can." I said sarcastically.

As I started to tie my hair into a ponytail, he trailed his lips on the newly exposed skin on the back of my neck. The coldness of his lips sent a shiver down my spine. I sucked in a sharp breath as he found a spot he liked, just below my hairline behind my ear.

"You should put your hair up more often." I felt him smiling against my shoulder.

"If you want banana bread, you might need to move your hands." I teased, referring to his arms crossed over my torso locking me in place.

He did just that, but he just moved them down to my hips. My body wasn't used to physical intimacy like this. It scared me how much I enjoyed it. I wriggled out of his hands to take out the ingredients and set them on the counter of the island.

"Can you set the oven to 350 degrees?" I sat as I mashed the bananas and whisked in the eggs. He nodded.

I resisted the urge to press my ear to my shoulder as his breath danced on my skin. As I folded the wet ingredients in with the dry, his lips returned to my sensitive skin, quickly moving to my jawline.

"How am I supposed to whisk with you doing that?"

"You have been whisking forever. I think it's mixed enough." He complained between kisses.

"Try it before I put it in. Tell me if it needs more cinnamon." I said, handing him a spoon.

Instead of it going into his mouth, I gasped as I felt the spoonful of gooey batter dripped onto my neck down to my shoulder.

"Jacob, are you kidding me?" I groaned.

"Shit, love, I'm sorry. I've got it." He planted sloppy kisses all over as he sucked and licked away the batter.

"Stop!" I squeaked, trying move away as I poured the mixture into a bread pan. He didn't stop until he collected all the batter with only his mouth.

"Doesn't need more cinnamon. Add some walnuts to the top, though." He said teasingly. He finally loosened his grip to walk back to the pantry.

I took the opportunity for revenge by grabbing a fistful full of flour. I let him sprinkle the nuts and put the pan in the oven before making my move.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked, pulling me towards him by my hips.

As he kissed me, I ran my flour filled hand through his hair, causing a cloud of white powder to fall over us. He shook out his hair intentionally in my direction. The mischievous look in his eyes told me I was in trouble. I yelped as he lifted me onto the island. With his hand behind my head, he roughly pushed me down against the counter top. The contrast from his usually gentle nature had my heart pounding. The adrenaline rush tempted me to provoke him further.

Before he could do anything, I sat up to bring my lips back to his, kissing him softly at first, while my fingers slid down his chest to the top of his pelvis. My hands halted abruptly at the strings of his shorts. I smiled against his lips before lying back down against the cold marble surface, smirking while I braced myself for his retaliation.

"You know you're in trouble, yes?" He said. I shrugged, trying to keep my poker face.

He pinned my wrists above my head with one hand while dipping his free hand into the batter covered bowl.

"Before you do anything rash, you should know I really love this shirt, and I would be really upset if it got ruined." I negotiated through my nervous laughter. He cocked his head to the side clearly not buying a word of it. This was understandable, given that I was wearing an old, oversized plain white t-shirt.

I gasped as he wiped the batter from my jaw down to my chest. He shook the bowl over me just in case he had missed any with his hand. I immediately regretted teasing him even if he was the one to start it.

This time, his lips weren't playful. They were slow and lingering just to torment me, keeping my wrists locked firmly in place under his grip. My eyes squeezed shut as he hit a sensitive spot on my collarbone. He paused for a moment, resting his chin on my chest.

"Bee?" He said.

"Yeah?" I breathed, irritated that he stopped.

"Still think you're boring?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

bit of a nice lighthearted chapter, hope you enjoyed it

i have only written smut one other time and it was for someone else's story, so constructive feedback is very much appreciated.

ps this is how I pictured him laughing at bee it in the car

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

820K 22K 94
a killer instinct was coined in the early boxing world as a protective, cold mentality that surges to one's consciousness and turns one into a viciou...
109K 2.6K 18
My whole body trembled as I tried to stop the tear that's threatening to fall. I pulled my arm away from his grip not liking the way he held my arm t...
59.6K 1.7K 61
SEQUEL TO INSATIABLE. in·iq·ui·ty noun immoral or grossly unfair behavior. To say that Aurora is struggling would be an understatement- truthfully...
228K 10.8K 81
𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜 I was broken. I was deceived. I was betrayed. I was familiar only with emotions of pain and anger. Darkness was a part of me. There was...