Nevermind (Jay I-Land ff)

By seoulfeels

"I'm fine! Because that's what you wanted to hear." Collab with @Shachie1322 🥰 ... Date Started: July 31, 20... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Comparison
Chapter 2 - Nightmare
Chapter 3 - Left Behind
Chapter 4 - Try Again
Chapter 5 - Team
Chapter 6 - Marks
Chapter 7 - Pure Blood
Chapter 8 - Accident
Chapter 9 - Monster
Chapter 11 - Note
Chapter 12 - Nameplate
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Poison
Chapter 15 - Fresh Wounds
Chapter 16 - Birthday
Chapter 17 - L.J
Chapter 18 - Escape
Chapter 19 - Claw Machine
Chapter 20 - Drowning
Chapter 21 - Happy
Chapter 22 - Abandoned
Chapter 23 - Apology
Chapter 24 - Alarm
Chapter 25 - Bullet
Chapter 26 - Twins
Chapter 27 - The Cursed Child
Chapter 28 - Rest
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Pyromaniac
Chapter 31 - Not Okay
Chapter 32 - Ice Prince
Chapter 33 - Escape
Chapter 34 - Russian Roulette
Chapter 35 - Try
Chapter 36 - How to Save A Life
Chapter 37 - Take The Fall
Chapter 38 - You Shine
Chapter 39 - Living A Lie
Chapter 40 - One Of Them
Chapter 41 - Fall Easily
Bonus Chapter 1 - Yves
Chapter 42 - Trauma
Chapter 43 - Chances
Chapter 44 - Lost
Chapter 45 - Ring On My Ear
Chapter 46 - Successor
Chapter 47 - A Family
Chapter 48 - Missing
Not an update
Chapter 49 - Shoot Me

Chapter 10 - Lost

724 71 26
By seoulfeels

Lia went to the address of the exclusive ice rink that Sunghoon attends. After his last competition, he's not really officially training today. Since Jay's parents said he'd be here, Lia went ahead and was lucky enough to see Sunghoon right away. He was just stretching.

"Sunghoon!" She waved, running towards him.

Sunghoon was shocked to see Lia here. Maybe she wanted to late congratulate him. He waved back happily. He was ready to give her a hug when she turned around as if she's scanning the while place. It was practically empty.

It's empty at this hour everyday except sunday for him.

"Where's Jay?" She asked right away. Sunghoon was confused. Why is she looking for Jay here? Did he disappear again?

Wait, she's here for Jay. Now it makes sense. Of course Lia's not here for him. Why would she?

"He's with the rest of the class at the famous Thai restaurant, I'm guessing. Our gym teacher invited everybody in our class. But of course, I can't go. I'm here instead." He said finishing up his stretching.

"Oh? Would you like me to stay?" Lia asked, feeling sad for Sunghoon. She knows the feeling of being alone. With her parents always leaving her alone these past few days, she does feel empty, inside a big house with nobody else inside but her. It's why she always wants to see Jay.

Sunghoon felt selfish to demand her of her time, he was debating whether to say 'yes' or 'your call'.

When he couldn't respond, an instructor suddenly came to Lia, giving her a pair of figure skates. "You spoil your girlfriend too much. She asked for figure skates and demanded pink and preferably sparkly. This isn't a public dating place. I can recommend you where you can skate with other couples. I won't tell this to your parents this time." She whispered to Sunghoon, shaking her head disapprovingly, shaking her head as she left them there.

Sunghoon didn't get he chance to clear out that Lia's not his girlfriend. Lia put on regular white figure skates looking disappointed. "No one's going to see me with these." She mutters, then tried to stand up, but wobbled back to her seat.

"Woah! These things are imposible to stand on." Lia complained, making Sunghoon chuckle and put on his, standing up. Without much talk, since Sunghoon's not good with that, he took Lia's hands, taking her to the ice.

"Ahhhhh! I'm going to fall! I'm going to fall!" Lia said not moving at all, which was good because moving too much would really make her fall easier.

She closed her eyes, holding Sunghoon's hands tightly. It reminded Sunghoon when he first tried it. Back when he used to watch everybody else who are already good at it, while he was being briefed at the side.

"Put your strength to your thighs, I'll teach you to glide." With that, Sunghoon let go of her other hand. When Lia realized he let go of her other hand, she panicked and grabbed on Sunghoon's shoulders, making them spin and almost fall. Good thing Sunghoon has an amazing balance and control.

Lia opened her eyes slowly and met Sunghoon's huge eyes staring back st hers. He's smiling. It was such a beautiful smile. A refreshing one. One that makes you smile back. Lia never really had a good look at Sunghoon's face, since he has this long bangs like Jay. She always assumed they look similar. It turns out they don't.

Sunghoon has softer features. Unlike Jay who has strong sharp masculine features.

"You're doing great so far." Sunghoon spoke suddenly, making sure that Lia realize that she's been staring at him for a long time now. "Stand still." He told her, Lia carefully obeyed, holding Sunghoon's Hands as if her life depends on it. "Let's glide slowly." Sunghoon let go of her other hand again, making Lia whimper and grab his hand, finally making them both lose balance and fall.

"Ahhhhh!" Lia squealed.

Sunghoon on the other hand was chuckling, "I remember my first fall." He smiled to himself standing up while helping Lia stand up again. "It's not as scary anymore, huh?" He asked.

"Nope! It's more scary now. Knowing how cold and hard the ice is. I don't want to fall anymore! Not fun. Dont let go of me anymore." She demanded.

Sunghoon's look softened. Lia looked so adorable when she's being demanding. It's like having a sister. He know envied Jay for having Lia to take care of. He must be s really important person in Lia's life knowing how spoiled Lia is.

Jay must've treated her like a princess.

"Don't you want to learn?" Sunghoon asked. "Trust me, it feels like flying." He tried to convince her.

"I'm afraid of falling." Lia whined.

"You won't fall. You'll fly. Trust me." He tried again.

Lia wanted to tell him she'll just watch him, but his smile was so convincing. If he tells Lia right now that she's going to fly with all the angels, she'd believe him.

"But if I fall again I'll pull you down with me again." She warned.

"Deal. Falling down together sound good to me." With that, Sunghoon let go of her other hand. Making her shake in fear.

"Slide forward with one leg, bend it down. Lean forward, place your weight on that leg." He instructed and without a warning, he advances, dragging Lia unready with him.

She squealed frozen while Sunghoon dragged her forward. She was scared to fall that she bent down, letting Sunghoon pull her around. "Try it!" Sunghoon glanced at her with a smile. At least one of them is having fun. Lia felt like she was about to vomit.

"Forget about falling." Sunghoon told her, as he stopped at the center, making Lia whimper in fear as she was slightly thrown forward and pulled back to Sunghoon. "Wanna walk on the edges first?" Sunghoon asked. She nodded in response. She was taken to the edge where she can hold unto some bars.

She started walking while Sunghoon was in front of him watching her, as he skates backwards.

"Hey, this isn't bad. I think I like it here better." Lia said happily.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." Sunghoon said, the went ahead with his normal routine. He did a sit spin to warm up.

Lia watched him spin so fast from a sitting position standing up, continuously spinning then finish it with a lay back spin. It was a mystery how he managed to skate straight after spinning for so long on a high speed. Lia stopped and watched him skate around and leaping around.

He did look like he's flying.

Sunghoon went back to Lia when he finished practicing, making sure he wasn't rusty in anything. But then again, he just wont a gold medal pretty recently. "You can do it Lia. It's time to let go now. You've been holding on for too long. It's time to fly." He said handing out his hand.

Lia took it without thinking and followed his lead. She was shaky and slow at first but she was improving overtime. The more she stopped thinking about her fear of falling, the more she enjoyed herself.

"This is so cool." She squealed in excitement this time.

Sunghoon now started teach her how to stop, but Lia was now more scared than ever. "I'll fall." She keeps saying again.

"The key is not thinking of falling." Sunghoon told her, making Lia frown at him. "It's easy, you just have to lean back." He said as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

It should be, at least for him.

Lia did as he said, but stumbled. Sunghoon held her hand tightly, spinning them both again. Lia was struggling too much that he had to hold her back to stay her upright so she could stand. He might've pulled too much because they're not chest to chest.

Both catching their breaths. Sunghoon smiled again, breaking the tension. "See, you didn't fall." He said, pulling her up helping her regain her balance. "Maybe we've been in the ice for so long. Let's get you out of here." He said helping her out of the ice.

Lia couldn't say anything or do anything. Her heart was beating so fast that she felt like screaming. Sunghoon suddenly came to stop. Lia was confused why he stopped. She looked forward and it was Jay, staring at them. He doesn't look mad or angry but the two of them felt nervous. They felt like they just did something wrong.

It was fun though, when it was just the two of them.

"J-Jay." Sunghoon stuttered, taking Lia out of the ice rink. Jay helped her out, checking her hands and elbows. "Did you get hurt?" He asked. "Are you cold?" He took off his jacket and placed it around Lia.

Sunghoon backed away, feeling like he's facing the father of his prom date for the first time.

"Well, was it fun?" Jay asked after worrying.

"It was. I was terrified as first, but Sunghoon helped me overcome that." She told Jay excitedly.

That was the first. All Jay can remember, he's never helped Lia overcome a fear. He just protected her from them. He would never let Lia face something dangerous and anything that terrifies her.

"Mom said you were looking for me? Should we go home?" Jay asked Lia, not having it with the little figure skating session that the two had.

It's only too easy for Lia to have feelings for a pretty boy like Sunghoon. He's not risking that. He doesn't care if she dates any other guy, just not his twin. Never.

She never saw him like that, so she can't just suddenly see dating qualities in Sunghoon.

Lia glanced at Sunghoon, feeling suffocated by Jay's presence. This was not the first time she was starting to like someone where Jay started sabotaging it. Jay glaced at his twin, bothered by his guilty expression. Does he like Lia as well?

Wait?

Did Lia gave him those blue roses that he treasures so much?

Did Lia watch him compete?

"Sunghoon! Your parents are here!" Sunghoon's coach called. "Is Jay here as well? They look worried! Hurry." He rushed them.

The two hurried to put their shoes on, then ran towards the waiting area. Both of their parents are there. They welcomed Sunghoon with a big hug, then awkwardly hugged Jay.

"Why? What happened? Academy is like after 2 hours."sunghoon told his parents.

Both Jae and Sungyeon looked at each other, comforting each other by holding each other's hand, before facing Sunghoon. "Another student jumped again tonight. After being rushed to the hospital, he disappeared, but the nurses swear he's real. That they took his vital signs and all. When they left him to rest, he disappeared." Sungyeon told them.

Their parents are co-owners of lots of hospitals in the area and has clear informations about these stuff. Not just gossip.

"His nameplate is Lee Minsung once again." Sungyeon finished terrified.

Jay couldn't believe it. He was convinced it was EJ, based on his injuries. Who's doing it?

Was it the teachers?

Lee Minsung's friends?

"Can I sleep in Lia's? She's all alone, and I'm her only family...." Jay paused when he recalled the atmosphere earlier when he showed up. He was like the evil antagonist that's keeping the princess from her prince.

"Sure, but please don't go out anymore. What if the same pattern happens? What if he'd burn another building? It's scary." Sungyeon told Jay.

He nodded in agreement, but it was a lie. He wanted to stay at Lia's so he can sneak out easier. Nobody's ever home, and no high security of a gated community.

Just when Jay was sure that Lia was asleep, he went out, straight to the unsafe building. After the first door, he saw the usual groups. "Well look who showed up." Jeno gave him a high five. "You're late bro. The meeting's over. The nightbis over as well. We're actually keeping it down for a few days. Sad as it may seem, but after the two consecutive jumps wearing our uniform, students might be under observation. We can't go to the Chamber as well." Jeno explained.

"The ER's still open for a couple of performers." Renjun popped out of nowhere, dragging the two with him. Tonight it wasn't Hongjoong who's guarding the door. It's a guy named Wooyoung. He looks just as busy as Hongjoon, with all the books and his laptop.

"O Captain my Captain." They one by one said. Wooyoung stopped typing for a moment to open the door.

He eyed Jay but let him pass. He did look threatening.

They went to their usual seat. Yunho's not here tonight as well. They were served by this guy who's just as tall but intimidating, unlike Yunho who smiled often. This one has smaller slit eyes and has stronger features.

Jay couldn't make eye contact with him. He pretends to look at the musician instead. Yeji distracted him when she sat across him, beside Chenle who tried to move closer to Haechan who's currently talking about Megalodon and other pre-historic creatures.

"You made it." She shyly smiled.

Jay still doesn't know what to feel about her. He wanted to get to know her but the chances are not always in their favor.

"Next is Namjoon hyung. Welcome back. Too bad we're closing up for a while." Johnny announced.

Jay was easily distracted. As soon as he heard that name, he focused on the stage more than Yeji. It's him. The guy in his birthday. It's really him.

He's real and not a dream.

He started playing the piano, "this song is called 'moonchild'. Remember this is not the end. We'll see each other when this is over. For that short while, please be kind to yourself." He said and started the song.

"We're part of the moonlight
Ain't a fantasy
Can't breathe in the sunlight
Gotta hide your heart
We're born to be sad, sad, sad, sad
So start to be glad, glad, glad, glad"

It was tragically beautiful. Haunting, but such a beautiful song.

After the song, Jay followed him. Yeji thought it was weird that Jay keeps disappearing on her, so she tried to look for him. And there they were, just right outside the entrance to the building.

"Hyung! Wait up!" Jay called for him. Namjoon stopped and turned, closing his eyes when he saw Jay. He slowly opened it but Jay didn't disappear. That night, it wasn't just Jay who thought he was dreaming.

Namjoon wished he was dreaming that night though, because if he's not, then this kid is such a sad thing to be walking around this world.

"We meet again." He forced a smile.

"Yeah, we meet again. I'd like to thank you that night. Without you, I would've done something stupid." He paused. "Thank you."

Namjoon gladly smiled, but deep inside he pitied the boy. He remarkably resemble his father. Just like when they used to attend the same High school. His gaze, his posture, his voice, the way his hair is lined, even the movements. It's like he's born to remind everybody of his father.

"You're welcome. No stupid thoughts tonight kid. When it gets hard, it means you're alive. When the struggle stops, you're not. Keep growing, because you don't know how you'll turn out someday. The pain might still be there, it might not stop, but it might get better. " Namjoon saluted then left him there. He couldn't bare looking at him anymore. It was torture.

Jay smiled taking in what he just said. It was unlike anything he's ever heard. Usually people would say things like:

"Don't worry about it."

"Forget about it."

"Be happy to be alive."

"It's all in your head."

"It's a matter of perspective."

"Just pray."

"Go to Church."

"Want a better place?" Yeji spoke, frightening Jay. He almost ran in fright. He thought it was a ghost for a second. His both hands on his chest as if his heart could break through from his chest.

"What place?" Jay asked.

"You know, Thai food and good music." She offered her hand to hold.

"I'd like that." Jay reached out for her hand. He felt a lot better to hold somebody's hand, instead of being alone. Walking to nowhere, pacing then walk again, looking for a way out. Looking for a place where he'd be welcome. A place where he can finally feel like he's home. There was none.

There are times where he would stare at his whole family and wonder why he's there. He would sometimes wonder why he feels alone when there's a lot of people around him.

Holding Yeji's hand felt like a heavy burden has been lifted from his chest. All His life he's been offering help, offering his hand to hold, then deal with his problem by causing trouble.

Maybe then they'd know he exists.

Maybe then they'd look at him. Look into him deeper.

Maybe then they'd ask if he has a problem.

Maybe then he won't look as reliable, and won't lean onto him all at once, because there are times where he's at the point of breaking. Everybody leans on him but he has nobody to lean on.

Lia started dragging him happily, hopping his way at Bambam's restaurant. It's still open. It was just now when Jay noticed that it has a sign that says 'Open 24 hours'.

"Oh look, your sister brought a boyfriend." Jinyoung told Hyunjin, teasing the kid.

Hyunjin sighed, ignoring Jinyoung's remark. He's like Hyunjin's real brother, since he look up to him so much, but he does loves teasing him.

Jinyoung took them to their seat, but couldn't stop staring at Jay. Even Jay was starting to get creeped out.

"Don't even think about it." Jaebeom pushed him towards the kitchen. "Just because you're in misery, it doesn't mean you have to drag him with you." He blocked Jinyoung's way, trying to keep him in the kitchen.

"He has to know. He has the right to know." Jinyoung gave Jaebeom a threatening look.

"Not now and not from you." Jaebeom grabbed his collar, throwing him back.

"The kid is nearly a grown man. Who's going to tell him?" Jinyoung tried to make his way out of the kitchen, but Jaebeom pushed him back once again.

"He's not here, how many times do I have to tell you." Jaebeom heard Bambam yell at the back of the restaurant. Is he fighting somebody?

"Wait right here. Don't move. I trust you. Don't break my trust, Jinyoung." He said and went to Bambam to make sure he's alright.

Jinyoung took a deep breath and approached Jay and Yeji's table.

"Hello, it's nice to see you again." Jinyoung shook Jay's hand. "I'm Park Jinyoung," he started.

"Park Jay." Jay introduced politely. "Wow, hyung you're good looking. Are we related?" He asked as a joke, but Jinyoung didn't think it was funny. Because he's right.

"Yes, we are. I mean, I'm not part of the rich Parks such as yourself. I'm one of the disowned part of the family." He introduced himself. "I'm the eldest of Park Jaehan, now Kwon Jaehan. She's your aunt, Park Jaeyoon's youngest. Nobody mentions her, because she ran away as well and married a commoner–my father, then lived a simple life. Grandfather disowned her."

Jay didn't know whether to believe him or not. Why does Park Jaehan sound so familiar? It was starting to bother him.

His parents are secretive. They didn't even let him meet his grandfather, and even hid him in such a long time. They never mentioned any siblings.

"Another of your father's sibling is the eldest. He's never mentioned as well. He's said to be the most ambitious, most business minded. He seduced the only daughter of the Chairman of Jung Corp. just to be the one and only successor of the company. Unlike his own family's, the Parks own a lot of business but not as big as the Jungs. Old Jaeyoon always trusted him to expand their properties and make an official business company for st least one of their many properties, but he bailed on him without a notice. It turns out nobody know what's going on in his head. He never loved his wife, he was just after the business. When the Chairman died, he was next in line. He started buying properties that Park Jaeyoon himself was planning to buy. He's said to be going against his own father, but some said he needed a higher position to continue his father's plans. But he died, so nobody knows what he really planned." Jinyoung finished.

"And my father?" Jay asked curiously.

"Park Jae is the second born. He was supposed to success lesser than the eldest and youngest but he got it all by staying put and being an obedient son. He did disappear with his wife, then came back introducing Park Sunghoon first. It was the biggest part I have ever seen in my life. I envied him, because I never got that privilege. My mother married early, so she was disowned. Because she married a commoner, grandfather cut their connection immediately. Sunghoon was like the first grandson that old Jsyoon has ever had." Jinyoung said it in such enthusiasm, giving Jay an idea how happy everyone is that day.

It doesn't make sense though. Aren't they twins? Why isn't he part of this magical story of 'the heirs'?

It's like Sunghoon's Recca, and he's Kurei, in 'Flame of Recca'.

"But after his brother's accident and the funeral. He announced that he and Miss Sungyeon had twins. That it was a hospital mistake, but couldn't announce it right away because of the recent events. It was a huge scandal." Jinyoung smirked. "Nurses and Midwifery were fired. The two of you were introduced to public when Park Jaeyoon mourned for his eldest oversease. Gossips had it, that only one of you is a real Park. And since you have the Park's features even since a baby, they said you were their real son. Sunghoon was just some random baby that was switched, but they adopted him anyway because he was already introduced, and old Jaeyoon already recognize him as his grandson." Jinyoung finished.

Even Yeji was now confused.

"You mean to say, that only one of us is a real Park?" Jay asked, curiously and shocked.

"That's what the gossips say. I guess we'll never know." Jinyoung told the kid, feeding him curiosity, maybe he'd put an end to this mystery. Maybe he'd find out the truth.

Jay's frown suddenly disappeared into an empty expression. If there's a real Park, it'll be Sunghoon. The difference of his parents' treatment says it all.

Then why would they introduce him publicly afterwards? He does have the Park's jaw and the portraits of their ancestors don't lie. Jay felt good for not looking anything like Sunghoon for once. It makes him feel like he's the legitimate son after all.

Maybe that's why they hid him. To protect him.

That might be it.

"How come I never knew this? You were always there while I was growing up. Aunt Jaehan was like a mother figure to me. Why didn't I know this?" Yeji asked, feeling cheated.

"Because we can't be proud to be a part of a family that disowned us." Jinyoung said in such a hatred.

"But why are you saying this to Jay? I don't understand." Yeji was so broken that the man he saw as a brother can be this spiteful over something.

"He has to know. He has to know everything that's happening in his household. He has to be prepared. It's about time everything changes. Even Lee Minsung is haunting us all now. Who knows which ghost would haunt us next?" He said then left them.

Yeji was in disbelief. "Sorry. This isn't how I planned it to be. I just wanted to chill to be honest." She apologized to Jay.

While having coconut shake, Jay couldn't help but think about the possibilities. The more he thought about it, the more it didn't make sense. It's like Jinyoung only said these things to mess him up more.

Sunghoon looks a lot like their mother and Jay looks a lot like their father. It's why he was named after his father and Sunghoon was named out of their mother to start with.

"Kei! Kei!" A woman with a messy hair on her nightgown topped with a cardigan came, while Bambam and Jaebeom are on her side try to calm her down. "I know he comes here. Does he even work part time at all, or he's been bullshitting me. You guys are bad influence for my godson! My poor boy!" She started hitting Jaebeom. "If I had knows before that you'd cause this much trouble Im Jaebeom, I should've failed you in my subject so you'd be sent on military school, or a reforming school of some sort." She said and kept hitting Jaebeom.

"Want to call the police?" Hyunjin asked in concern. The slaps looked painful.

"No, she's our former teacher. Let's let her off." Bambam told the kid.

"Kei is working on a Japanese restaurant around the corner, making takoyaki." Hyunjin told the lady, which made her stop and confused. "He works there until 11 PM, from Monday to Wednesday." He stopped when he realized he couldn't tell the lady where he works at Thursday to Friday.

"11 PM? Then why does he come home at 6AM? He's doing all the bad things you've been doing as kids! Have you seen the reports? Another Minsung jumped from the bridge. Kei must be losing his mind. He has to be home where he can rest." She said, sitting down with the other customers which stood up as soon as she joined them. They thought she's a crazy woman.

Bambam served her tea, like the gentleman that he is. After all, she's been their former teacher. "Kei's better off working his ass off. He gets these dark thoughts even after leaving him for just a minute all alone. He has to think of something else." Jaebeom muttered.

"He has to be near home. I have to be there for him. He has to be on site, or I can't help him." She broke down.

"Trust me, Miss Jessica. Whatever it is that he's doing, it's helping him cope up." Bambam told her.

"I don't trust you Bambam. You stole the heads of the sculptures of the school founders from the back garden." Miss Jessica spoke, making Bambam shut his mouth and just stepped back.

Speaking of the devil, Kei suddenly barged in, holding a two boxes of cupcakes in both hand.  "And yes! I got free ones again because I'm so handsome." He announced as if this was his regular thing.

Bambam and Jaebeom kept on gesturing for him to escape and run which confused him. His eyes widened, his mouth formed an 'o' shape, silently asking why. Then Jessica turned. Bambam and Jaebeom's funny gestures gave it away.

"Auntie." Kei nervously greeted.

"You're quitting all your jobs. You're staying home for a while." Jessica told him. Kei looked around embarrassed that he's being scolded.

"But, if I stop now, I won't reach my goal." He said, placing the boxes of cupcakes aside.

"What goal? Don't ever think that I don't notice you and your brothers sneaking out at night. They're following your example and you're not a good example. Whatever you do at night, whatever this thing is that you call a job, I prohibit it, Kei. This stops here right now! You're ruining your brother's future. You have to make the right choices because your little brothers look up to you. Mind you, the choice you make changes a 14 and a 15 year old's lives. Make the right choice." He told Kei who just shoved his hands in his pockets.

He never really thought of it that way. He always though it's his life and he can do whatever the hell he want with it. "I'll quit dancing. I keep my jobs. Sorry, but you and I both know that the allowance that my parents send are just enough for one meal a day for the three of us. You are not spending your savings for us anymore." Kei told her.

"I don't mind. I don't have children." Jessica felt like crying again.

"Or a husband for that matter." Bambam chuckled, making Jessica hit him again to silence him.

"Your parents did me a favor. I don't mind doing you guys a favor as well." She hugged Kei.

"If a favor becomes to big, it becomes a burden." Kei sighed. "I'm a grown man now, look at me. I'm even taller than you. I can help out now. I can be less of a worry now." He tried to convince her.

"You're forcing yourself to grow fast. Give me a week to think about it. Come home. Stay home for a while. You work until late then wash up for school, who does that at this age? Breathe. Invite your friends. Seon and Heeseung. It's been a while since I saw them." She said taking Kei's hand, walking him out of the restaurant.

Kei turned to them gesturing at the cupcakes. 'split it up evenly' he mouthed.

So that's the pressure that Kei has to go to. It's why he doesn't want Niki or Taki going to the unsafe building.

"By the way, I'll make you a desert. This one is special because I'm making it." Yeji stood up and reached for her apron at the side, then went to the kitchen. Jay was now left alone with everything that Jinyoung has told him.

What is Jinyoung trying to do, telling him these things?

Is he trying to mess him up. Or there's a purpose to it.

He didn't even know that their family's that well known. He spend most of his childhood with Lia and his parents, living a normal life. He was still trying his best to adjust knowing that people whisper about him when he pass by.

"Park Jae's other son."

"The opposite of Sunghoon."

But this information that Jinyoung just relayed was something different. It's something way deeper.

Yeji came back, sliding a Thai desert. Sticky rice with coconut topped with mango.

"Yeji, we've eaten a lot of coconut." He told her.

"Try it and tell me what you think." She smiled.

Jay took a bite. It has a creamy and fruity balance at least. He felt like he's had enough coconut in his entire life after the coconut shake this afternoon and earlier.

"You know Jay, I remember when I was still a child, there's this boy I used to play with at the playground. We would run around and climb the jungle gym together. One day he stopped going. You look just like him. Was it you?" She asked.

Jay shook his head. He doesn't really remember his childhood here in Korea. All he can remember here was Sunghoon, his parents and then the big move.

"Oh? Sorry, I just thought I should tell you. Because he left me this." She showed a key. A vintage one that has a nice detailed handle. "He said I should keep it safe until he's back." She stared at the key mysteriously.

Jay was tempted to know what that key is for though, he won't lie.

"Sorry I'm not him." Jay told Lia apologetically. She did look like she's waiting for her prince charming or something.

"I don't believe it isn't you. It's only been 9 years. I know it's you. You're lying." Yeji said bitterly.

Jay wished it was him, more than anything. He didn't want to disappoint anybody. But he really doesn't remember anything about a key or a playmate. He does have this connection with Yeji. The first time he laid eyes on her, he felt like he knew her. But no matter how hard he tried to remember, he just couldn't.

"How could you forget about me! I waited for you." She said laughing to herself, trying to hold back her tears. "They kept you away for 9 years and ruined you. This is not you." She messed up his hair then walked away.

Jay was in shock again. It like everyday's a mess for him. Like there's no normal day in his life.

Yeji came back throwing him his uniform.

Jackson slapped his palm on his mouth, glancing at Hyunjin's reaction. Even he was in shock. How on earth does he have Jay's uniform?

Jay went out, assuming it's now 12 AM and the magic's gone. He's used to places where he's not welcome so it doesn't matter to him that much anymore.

He needed to clear his mind again.

While walking, he came across Yuta lighting a match, then watching it burn out. He hid at the bushes to watch him sitting there at the side of the road, lighting a match like the pyromaniac that he is. Jay couldn't help but think about Station 3 being burned down to ashes.

But what Jeno and his crew said was clear, he's a Pyromaniac, not an arsonist.

"Oh, take me with you! You go away when the match burns out." Yuta whispered to himself while tears escaped his eyes. He smiles weakly. "Where was I when you needed someone to talk to? Where was I when you've decided you'd do it? Would I be a help if you bumped into me that night? Is there something I can do?" Sobbing so hard, he grabbed more matchsticks, lighting them up as fast as he can, all of them until he was left with none.

Jay was right he's been dealing with this on his own.

"Why was I too busy that day to even look at him?" He cried. "I should've known something was wrong. I could've known!" He then went to his motorcycle and started driving.

Jay watched as he disappeared.

So it was not just him who disappears. But where do the others go when they do?

There was now a lot in his mind. He needed to get rid of everything that he started sprinting. Feeling the freezing air on his face, hearing the wind whistling as if it's cheering for him.

He found himself outside Lia's place. She's there at the door step, wrapped in comforter, waiting for him. She stood up as soon as she saw him. "What's going on in your mind?" She asked. "You've been disappearing more often than normal, clearly something's bothering you." She walked up to him and stared at his face. "Was it that student? Lee Minsung?" She asks, now waiting for Jay to answer her earlier questions.

"Iya, I think I'm lost." He muttered, losing his enenergy, he knelt in front of Lia.

"Can I help?" Lia crouched down to meet his eyes.

"Nevermind. I can fix this. Get back to bed and forget what I said." He said walking him inside. He went to the guests room and tried his best to sleep, but he couldn't keep his eyes closed. Even at pitch black, he was wide awake.

Or was he dreaming?

"Jay." He tried to call out his name, chuckling at his nonsense. "Jay get back here!" He cooed once more. Maybe then he'd find himself.

He reached up not knowing why. It's like drowning and reaching for the surface, hoping someone would pull you up. He was suffocating. Except there's air, and he can breathe perfectly fine.

He got up and looked himself in the mirror, with one thing in realization. It's always been just him pulling himself out of the water. It was only him who can hear his call for help.

Everytime he's this lost, it's him who calls for his name to guide himself out of the dark tunnel.

It's the same as Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, when Harry produced a powerful Patronus Charm to save him and Sirius from the dementors.

It's always been him, saving himself over and over again.

'I can fix this.' he thought, then finally went to bed.

...

A/N: I'll leave it like that for now. I need to clear out one mystery. After all, it's Chapter 10 already. Tell me if I'm going too slow or too fast with the plotline.

Jay's so cute here.

Look at these two here.

So cute. They look like Yin and Yang.

My heart is Oh My God!

Ok!

I think it's time for me to leave. Excuse me while I rewatch I-land from the start again and again and again. I hate eliminations! Stop kicking my kids out! My Ghaaad! Slap me instead. Please!

Ok bye.

Thanks for dropping by. I swear, I'll write happiet chapters, but I apologize for chapter 11 in advance. That's it for now. Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.6K 40
You •ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ• it was just a coincidence you two met •ʙᴜᴛ• you kept meeting him again •ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ• what will happen between you two? •• •• Start:...
12.5K 940 15
Even if the world ends today, I will always keep you in my heart. Date Started: November 3, 2020 Date Ended: November 7, 2020
57K 848 25
⠀ imagines to satisfy your needs, requests accepted. #29 in jay park #56 in yangjungwon #37 in leeheeseung #52 in kimsunoo #88 in niki #70 in kpopima...
8.8K 162 18
Being blind won't change who I am. I must help him change his cold personality. I must help him become a better person. I must become the source of h...