When The Smoke Is In Your Eye...

By thighhighlarry

'I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your neck' https://www.instagram.com/thighhighlarry/ Copyright 2... More

0.00
0.01
0.02
0.03
0.04
0.05
0.06
0.07
0.08
0.09
0.10
0.11
0.12
0.13
0.14
0.15
0.16
0.17
0.18
0.20
0.21
0.22
0.23
0.24
0.25
0.26
0.27
0.28
0.29
0.30
0.31
0.32
0.33
0.34
0.35
0.36
0.37
0.38
0.39
0.40
0.41
0.42
0.43
0.44
0.45
0.46
0.47
0.48
0.49
0.50
0.51
0.52
0.53
0.54
Epilogue
Epilogue II

0.19

83.5K 2.9K 9.8K
By thighhighlarry

05.03.15

*

The next few days dragged on, Harry caught up in getting everything sorted for moving to Manchester and Louis getting caught up with Max and school. Of course, they saw each other every day after school but Louis had homework and although it never really felt like it, Harry was at Louis' house to work and not spend time with the boy. Lottie was in year 4 and worrying about things like girls in her class borrowing pens and not giving them back, Fizzy was claiming she never got any attention and the twins were, well, typical 3 year olds.

Louis was sat at lunch on the 27th of March, the last day of school before easter break, chatting away with his group of friends. Tucked under Maxs' arm with Stan on his right, Jamie opposite Max and Olly and Jess opposite Louis and Stan. A vibration in his pocket caused Stan to shove his knee into the boys thigh and glare at Louis. Huffing, Louis pulled out his phone and read over the text notification from Harry on his screen.

oi

oi

oi

oi

oi

can u go away

that's rude

ur annoying

What's got your panties in a twist baby cakes?

nothing :))

you sure?

Mhmmmmm

don't want me to come and rescue you from school then, say you've got an appointment or something?

REALLY!?

By now Louis had moved from under Maxs' arm and was sat up straight, grinning not so discreetly at his phone. It was almost as if Max was oblivious to those sort of things though because him, Jamie and Olly were having a conversation while Jess and Stan were watching him.

I can try, what lesson have you got period 5?

drama, we're just watching a film though cause its the end of our module and the end of term

I can try and pull some strings, the twins are going to your nans and then your grandad is picking L & F up from school so it's just us until they're home about 6.

just buy me food, you know me haz :)

alright, I'll see what I can do sweetums.

thank yooooouuuuuu :D

No problem love, see you later x

"What's making you smile so much Mr Tomlinson?" Jess asked, stretching her foot out to kick Louis' shin.

"Nothing, I'm just happy term is over. Two weeks off is some kind of blessing." He replied, putting his phone back in his pocket and smiling sincerely at her.

She narrowed her eyes and shook her head, dismissing the subject as Olly turned to her to ask her something. Max looked down at Louis and smiled, kissing the boys forehead to which Louis replied to with a grin and a muttered "Love you."

-

He'd sat through form time and had just got into his drama room. Taking out a chair and helping set them up so it was like a cinema meaning everyone could see the screen. Ms Davis was about to start the film when there was a knock at the door.

The secretary opened it and said "Ms Davis, Louis Tomlinson has a dentist appointment, his carer is here to take him."

Ms Davis thanked her and the secretary walked away, leaving Harry standing by himself, moving forward quickly to hold the door open so it wouldn't slam in his face. He caught Louis' eye and winked, making the younger boy grin and jump up to grab his bag.

"Harry Styles." Ms Davis said in disbelief.

"Amelia Davis." Harry replied, grinning cheekily.

"Thank you Harry. Never thought I'd see you again."

"Had to come and pay my favourite teacher a visit didn't I?"

"What are you doing with yourself now?" She asked, leaning back in her chair as half the class listened to their conversation and the other half chatted, Louis now standing next to Harry and giving the older boy his bag with a cheeky smile.

"I took a few months of uni to do my own thing but I start at Manchester in about two weeks."

"So you got into Manchester then?"

"Mhhm, Niall goes there, with Zayn. Remember Zayn? Year above, stunning cheekbones."

"Oh yeah I remember Zayn," She replied with an almost loving smile "so you're Louis' carer or something?"

At the mention of Louis the rest of the class started to pay attention, Harry slung an arm over Louis' shoulder and pulled the boy closer to him before he said "Yeah, I'm his babysitter."

"You're not actually my babysitter." Louis whined, elbowing Harry in the ribs.

"Sorry pup." Harry laughed ruffling his hair "Nah I babysit his sisters and he sort of comes with the package."

"What a shame," She teased which made the class snicker "guess you better be off, dentists and all Louis, have a good half term. Nice to see you Harry."

Harry nodded at her and ushered Louis out of the classroom door. Slinging Louis' backpack over his shoulder he led Louis up to the third floor, towards the exit, as if he still attended the school.

"How was your day then pup?" Harry asked as they walked to the car park.

"It was alright, what's with the pup?" The younger boy question curiously.

"Dunno, s'cute. Fits you, you're like a little puppy."

"Does that mean I can call you kitten? You're basically a human cat."

"Go for it pup."

"Also means I kinda of have to hate you, the whole cat and dog situation."

"Oh, didn't think that one through did you."

"Who says I don't hate you?"

"Hmm, maybe you do, guess all the stuff I had planned for the next two weeks won't matter then." Harry replied casually, unlocking the car and opening Louis' door for him before going round and getting in himself.

"Stuff like what?" Louis replied eagerly.

"Ahh, if you hate me it doesn't matter."

"I don't hate you, we both know that."

"Just wanted to hear you say it. And I can't tell you, it's a surprise."

Louis huffed and cross his arms. To show his annoyance he stuck his feet up on the dashboard, sticking his tongue out at Harry. The older boy rolled his eyes and reached his hand across to pinch Louis' thigh. Making him whine and move his legs away. They spent the five minute car journey to Louis' house singing along to the radio, Harry throwing around some dance moves every now and then.

"We've got like 3 hours or something until I've gotta go get your sisters from your grandparents, what do you wanna do?" Harry asked as he parked the car outside Louis' house.

"I'm thinking some of those cupcakes you and Fizz made the other day, ice cream and netflix." Louis replied, turning to look at the boy.

"I'm thinking that's a good idea." Harry replied, opening the car door and getting out, waiting for to Louis to get out before locking his car.

"How come you have the car so often? I'm swear it belongs to Zayn and Niall aswell." Louis question, following Harry up to his front door.

"Yeah. Well I bought it originally because I passed my test first but they'd payed for themselves to be insured on it so they can drive it and we all pay for petrol."

"So you use it all the time?"

"No, I use it when I need it, takes a lot of bribery sometimes but it's worth it."

Louis dropped his bag, shook off his blazer and untied his tie before asking "What do you mean bribery?"

"Like I have to do things for them, the last time I had to supply them with their lube." Harry replied, following Louis and picking up everything he dropped.

"Riiiight, what is even between those two?"

"They're sort of in love but won't admit so they just hook up all the time."

"What about Zayn and Perrie?"

"Yeah, they're sort of a trio. There's been a few threesomes probably."

"Sounds exciting." Louis laughed, getting himself a drink and sitting on the counter watching Harry potter around the kitchen.

The older boy opened the dishwasher and put all the plates that were in the sink into it. Opening one of the cupboards and getting out a dishwasher tablet before putting it in the little compartment and shutting it. His sleeves were rolled up and his tattoos were on show, the padlock, which was one of Louis' favourites, angled so he could see the entire thing. Tracing it with his eyes before letting his eyes wander up the rest of the boys forearm, observing all the tattoos and wondering what they were for. Making a mental note to ask Harry about them one day he jumped down off the counter and put his glass in the sink, flashing Harry a smile and running upstairs to change out of his uniform.

He didn't see the endeared smile on Harrys face. By the time he was back downstairs Harry was sat on the sofa, a bowl of popcorn on the floor in front of him and the remote in his hand. Looking up, he smiled in Louis' direction and watched the younger boy cross the living room and sit himself on the couch.

"How do you feel about Don't Tell The Bride?" Harry asked, switching the channel onto the programme menu.

"Depends which episode it is? If it's the one with the woman who refuses to get on the plane because she doesn't want to be away from her family for her wedding then no, but any other and I'm fine." Louis replied, dipping his hand into the bowl of popcorn and taking a handful.

"You're a regular watching then?" Harry teases.

"Well you could put it that way if you want."

Stretching his legs out Harry laughs and pulls Louis into his side, cuddling the younger boy. They had to be at Louis' grandparents by 6 to pick up his younger sisters. So they left at 5:40 and got there just before. His grandma, Edna, opened the front door and wrapped Louis into a hug.

"Louis my angel!" She exclaimed, kissing her grandsons forehead.

"Hiya nan, this is Harry, you know Harry right? The babysitter." Louis told her, stepping back to stand next to Harry.

"Of course I know who he is. Hello Harry love." He hugged Harry as if he was also her grandson and led the two through to the living room where Louis four sisters were.

"Harry!" Daisy exclaimed, jumping up and running towards Harry as fast as her little legs would let her.

"Hi crazy Daisy!" Harry replied, scooping the girl up and spinning her above his head before holding her on his hip and listening to her giggle.

Louis watched on fondly before crouching down and ruffling Fizzys hair, laughing when she groaned and slapped his hand away. Minutes later his grandad came in, greeting Louis with a hello.

"Oh Len, tell Lou what you've been up to!" His grandma said, shuffling back into the living room with Phoebe on her hip.

"Ohh, come with me son, reckon you're gonna love this!"

Louis looked at Harry, who shrugged at him, and followed his grandad out into the study room. Opening the study door his grandad smiled proudly as Louis walked in and stopped, gasping. A mahogany piano was sat near the french doors, a matching stool sat in front. With excitement flashing through his eyes he slowly walked over and ran his finger along the top of it, smiling widely when he sat down. His fingers splayed themselves over the keys and just rested there.

"Grandad," He breathed out, turning around to smile at his grandad who was standing in the doorway with a smug grin "this is amazing."

"Hmm, thought you might like it kid. Your nan found it at a car boot a few weeks ago, really cheap, so I thought I'd buy it and fix it up for ya, early birthday present or something."

"Thank you so much."

"It's nothing kid, I'll leave you to it."

Smiling, his grandad left the room so the boy could play in piece. When he was younger his great-gran had taught him to play piano and he'd been fascinated with it ever since, Mark had his own keyboard that he let Louis use until he left and took the keyboard with him. Yet Louis still hadn't lost the fascination nor the want to play.

He'd left Harry in the living room without much of an explanation as to where he was going but he didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay and play the piano for a bit, so he did just that.

It turned out that Harry came to find him in the end, walking past the study room just as he started to play How To Save A Life, walking backwards slightly and coming to stop in the doorway. Watching as Louis bobbed his head in time to the way he played, humming quietly to himself thinking that no one else was there as he ran his fingers over the keys in a way he'd become so accustomed to doing.

Holding back from making any noise Harry watched as Louis messed up one part and scolded himself, huffing and starting from the beginning. The younger boy didn't notice Harry was in the room until he sat down on the stool next to him, making him jump and nearly fall backwards.

Harry just smiled reassuringly and motioned for Louis to continue playing, he did so and felt Harrys head drop onto his shoulder. A comforting and familiar warmth spreading through his body at the presence of the younger boy. Neither boy noticed that Louis' nan was standing in the doorway with her camera, snapping pictures of the moment.

A/N 

Hello lovelies! How are you? I hope you're all well. 

Some of you said you'd listen to an 8tracks mix so I'm working on that now, I can't be sure when I'll be finished with it but I'll let you know :) 

See you on Monday angels xxx 

**Image, okay this video of louis kills me this is my favourite thing he is such a baby he is so shy and cute and that jumper on him looks so good he looks so good in this and his voice kills me and he's so good and I could watch this video on repeat I cannot tell you how many times I've watched it I can speak along with what him and Greg say this is not an exaggeration I'm 15000% serious it kills me this video is my life every time i watch it I want to rip out all my organs and shove them down my throat this video is everything to me okay i need to go sorry**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 2.8K 26
"I don't wanna teach you English, I wanna kiss your lips." Or where Harry is a cute Italian boy who needs a tutor and Louis is a messed up boy with b...
317 11 5
"Don't leave me. Please." **T.W** This story contains sensitive topics like Su*side. It also has strong language and adult scenes. This is a short st...
1.1K 99 47
I dont want love, I dont need love, and Im damn sure not going to give love. There is no love in me. So I thought. Until him.
505 5 6
One shots, bc I'm bored. •Fluff •Smut