Foreign Exchange Student {Nis...

By charlesss8030

Y/n L/n is a Foreign exchange student being sent to Japan from Canada. She was in her first year of high scho... More

Authors Message
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
•Update Organization•
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
holy shit.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Little about y/n
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
🎶
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
So....
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
The Sequel
! Announcement !

Chapter 2

3.6K 91 85
By charlesss8030

2nd person POV

You woke up to the sound of someone banging on your bedroom door. At first, the sound confused and somewhat scared you, but once you heard the voice you calmed down.

"Y/n! Wake up! Time to get ready for school!" Nishinoya was yelling on the other side of your door and you thought you could hear Ojiisan laughing downstairs.

"Ok I'll be out in a sec," You went to your dresser, picked up a box with your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and body wash and went to the bathroom.

"Uh, Nishinoya-senpai where are the towels, I was gonna have a shower," The boy turned to you and froze up a bit, staring at you.

"Bathroom cupboard behind the door," He said, mindlessly.

"Thanks," You walked away. 'The hell was he looking at me like that? I know I look shitty when I wake up but common.'

***

The main yard of karasuno high school was pretty big but like most schools, it was almost completely parking lot and concrete. As you passed in between cars, following Nishinoya you heard yelling "NOYA-SAN!" Your housemate waved as you focused your view on two boys standing by the front entrance. Nishinoya motioned for you to follow him, making you run.

"Is this your foreign exchange student?!" The short one with orange hair said, Hinata-kun if you remembered correctly.

"Yep! Her name is Y/n!" Noya yelled at them. The three of them were jumping around and talking loudly.

"You're pretty! You should talk to Kiyoko, I'm sure she would be happier being around another girl. I'm Tanaka Ryunosuke by the way! Call me Tanaka-senpai," The bald one rambled and you recognized him as Ryu- Tanaka-kun. Nishinoya's best friend that he showed you numerous pictures of.

While he was talking the shorter one was as well. "I'm Hinata Shoyo. Wait you're short! How tall are you?" The 2 boys were talking fast and with Noya also talking you couldn't understand what they were saying.

"Guys relax you're gonna scare the poor girl," A grey-haired boy, Suga-san, walked up to you with 3 others beside him. All of them were pretty tall compared to you. The tallest had brown hair in a bun, Asahi-san. Another wore a stern look, that was Daichi-san. And the last seemed to be glaring at you, Kageyama-kun. "Sorry about that, they can be a lot. I'm Sugawara Koshi."

"I know, Nishinoya-senpai told me about all of you. Pleased to make your acquaintance," You bowed. "I'm Y/n."

"Nice to meet you," Daichi said and Asahi smiled. 'He does look scary.'  You thought, recalling what Nishinoya said: 'He might look like a monster but he's a big baby, though when it comes to volleyball he's one of the best. The way he hits the ball, that shits scary.'

Hinata, calmer, started to ask you his question, "If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?"

"I'm 5'1."

"Wow, you're even shorter than Noya-senpai!" The whole group started to laugh at his comment.

"Hinata, respect your senpai! I'm not that short," Noya hissed at him.

***

School had ended and your first day was pretty normal. Honestly, you figured it wouldn't be that different. The only thing that made the day change from a normal one was the fact that you had to introduce yourself in every class. Right now you were walking out of the school looking for the gym knowing all the boys would be there. When you ran into a raven-haired girl, she was gorgeous.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I didn't see you there," she said calmly.

"It's okay, I bumped into you."

"My apologies, if you're all right I'll be going now." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and started to walk away.

"Actually, I'm a little lost do you happen to know where the gym is, for girls volleyball?"

"Yes, I do, I can bring you there if you'd like."

"I'd appreciate that. If you aren't too busy."

"It's my pleasure. Why are you going to the gym, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked as the two of you walked.

"I want to try out for the girls' volleyball team and I'm living with someone in the boys' team."

"Is it Nishinoya-san?"

"Mhm, I'm a foreign exchange student from Canada."

"I know he's been talking about you all week, 'his new adorable housemate,'" she said mockingly, "I'm Shimizu Kiyoko by the way."

"Oh! You're the goddess!" You quickly covered your mouth.

She smiled a bit, "It's alright, don't worry. I take it Nishinoya-san has told you about me."

"Yesterday when I arrived."

"I figured. This is gym 2 where the girls' sports are held, volleyball practice should be happening now, down there is gym 1, boys' practices are held there," She pointed as you approached the door you hadn't realized was in front of you, "He's told the team all about you L/n-chan."

"That's sweet, I think? And you can call me Y/n," She smiled and backed up a bit, making room for you to open the doors, "Thanks, Kiyoko-senpai."

"I'm always happy to help and please, no need to call me senpai. I'm comfortable with Kiyoko-san."

"Alright. I was wondering, Kiyoko-san...would I be able to be a manager for the boys' team as well? I could learn a lot and maybe even help them too."

"After you are done here come to gym 1. We can talk to the coaches there."

"Cool. Thank you again," She nodded and turned away.

When you opened the door to the gym all eyes immediately fell on you. As you walked in you asked if you could try out and surprisingly the coach agreed even though it wasn't an official tryout. A tall girl brought you to the change room and told you to change into gym clothes. You warmed up with the rest of the team and talked. They were actually really nice. The coach started to speak and you all gathered around.

"Ok so you can play a three-on-three match and I'll decide if you should be on the team based on that," she explained and split you up.

You were with Manami Aoki who is the team's setter and Yui Michimiya, the captain.
The tryout went great and you beat the other team in the first set 25-20 and the second 25-17.

"Wow! You are really good! Coach, she has to be on the team!" One girl said.

"As a Libero! Did you see those receives?!" Another yelled.

The coach then came up to you, "You have amazing form, almost perfect, were you on a team?"

"Yes I was on my middle school team as a Libero, that is the position I would like to play, and I'm best at it, but I can play any!" You with your back perfectly started and avoiding direct eye contact.

"Well we already have a talented Libero on our team, I'll need to talk to her about it."

"No, she's better than me coach! She should be our Libero!" Nozomi Watabi, the team's official Libero, interrupted her coach.

"Come with me," The coach walked over to the corner, out of earshot with the player.

After about 5 minutes of whispering the two joined the group again. "Welcome to the team!" Your new coach smiled with her arms out.

You sighed and smiled. "I'll do my very best!"

***

"Bye everyone see you tomorrow!" You yelled as you exited the gym. First practice done! Now to the boys' gym to meet up with Noya, and ask to be a manager on the team.

Who knew first days could be so eventful. Slowly opening drew all eyes to you once again, but this time instead of standing in silence someone yelled your name.

"Y/n! How did it go?! Are you on the team?!" Nishinoya ran towards you.

"It went great Nishinoya-senpai, I'm the team Libero!" You spoke with a smile on your face.

"Wow, congrats!" There was not a twitch of surprise even though he had no idea what your skill level was.

You walked in and said hello to everyone, introducing yourself to 5 new boys. One tall, very tall with glasses and the other 3 about average height. There was a green and freckled-haired boy, another's hair was blond and a little spiked, the other's looked like it might have been gelled and the. Last had the same shaved head as Tanaka. Their names were Tsukishima-kun, Yamaguchi-san, Kinoshita-san, Ennoshita-kun and Narita-san. The coaches sat on a bench off to the side, you marched over, stood tall and talked confidently.

"Hello! I'm Y/n and I would like to be a manager on the boys' team. I know there already is an amazing solo manager but I feel that I could be of great use to your team. I'm on the girls' team as a Libero and I'm very good, if I do say so myself. I can play any position so I could help the boys practice and assist you. I always do my best and promise to never slack off."

Ukai and Takeda looked at each other with blank expressions then turned back to you. Takeda then started to speak, "Y/n, it sounds more like you would be a good student coach, rather than a manager. If you like the manager position we can give it to you but I think being a coach would be better for you."

"A coach? Are you serious?" You asked with wide eyes.

Ukai nodded and Takeda continued, "There are some papers you'll need to get signed but I don't see any reason why you couldn't try."

"Of course! I'd be honoured with any position. Thank you," You bowed, trying to hold back your excited giggles. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Yo! I hope you like this chapter. I know that there isn't much romance yet but it will start the next chapter. The first 2 were just to get your character settled in this world. Thanks for reading, have a good rest of your day/night or whatever. Bye.
- char

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 715 8
[Soulmate AU!] A story of two lovers bound together by the universe but brought together by chance on one frigid, fateful day.
232K 6.1K 15
Stunned in the doorway of Hawk's bedroom, L/N Y/N or known as Hero Winter Lady sees her fiance's on the bed with another woman. The Ice Hero runs to...
84.6K 3K 34
In a world where your value is placed on your Quirk, what happens when you're quirkless? A fork in the road. Izuku Midoriya became a hero, (Y/n) (L/n...
5.7K 353 41
Bakugou never thought he'd be forced to go into a maid cafe in the name of hero work. How the hell had his internship with IcyHot and Deku fallen int...