[Book 2] What If

By enaganda

What if life has given us another chance at love? What if all those hurtful memories are just but a dream? Wi... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 33

329 19 14
By enaganda

"Darren."

------------

"Mom!! Are you freaking serious!?"

Ellie exclaimed as soon as she heard the man's name. She stood up from her seat as she smashes her hands on the table, startling everyone on the room except from her mother.

"Hey bunny, calm down. We are still in the dining table." Eleazar tries to calm his daughter down.

El took her seat back with exasperated face. She couldn't believe what she just heard from her own mother.

Rebecca waited for her daughter to be seated once again as she continued speaking.

"When did I ever kid around? It's already settled. You and Darren are to marry the soonest."

Ellie could no longer repress her emotions. Her beautiful face shows how angry and how hurt she is with her mother's decision.

"Have you guys already forgotten how that man left me broken two years ago?!" El said as tears have started to form on her eyes.

Darren was her ex-boyfriend. He was her last relationship before she joined The Voice Philippines. She could still vividly remember how the man broke up with her citing their irreconcilable differences. Ellie was already engaged to Darren before, but the latter backed down right before their wedding.

It took Ellie almost a year for her to move on from the hurt she felt when the man left her. It was her admiration and love for Lea that actually made her life normalize again. After their breakup, El went back to the Philippines and just focused on writing and living independently making herself busy just to forget the man. It was then, that the young woman had the opportunity to spend her days fangirling for the Broadway Star.

And with all the things she were able to experience with The Voice, it actually made Ellie forget that past easily.

But right now, it seems that fate has been playing with her all along. The man she hardly tried to forget, the same man who left her hanging and broken, the man who torn her world apart before, is the same man that her mother would like for her to marry.

She could understand their want to have her settle down, but to have Darren be her groom is so much unacceptable. Ellie couldn't fathom the thought of seeing Darren's face once again.

"Oh for Christ's sake. Of course we knew what happened between the two of you. That's why we actually let you play around here in the Philippines all along, so for you to get over it and move on!" Her mother replied.

"Then if you knew how that man hurt me before, how come you'd still like for me to marry him!?"

"We have already talked to Darren and to his family. He wasn't just ready the last time. But now they even agreed to sign the papers just in case."

Ellie still couldn't believe on what she's hearing. Knowing her mom, the young woman knew that no matter how she contest, the former's decision won't change once she sets her mind on it.

"This cannot be.." Tears just started rolling from Ellie's cheeks.

---------

The very next day, Ellie just stayed at her room all day long. Her mother had instructed her not to go anywhere else until she fully agrees on the marriage and sign on the prenuptial agreement they had prepared.

Of course, El will not succumb to their demands easily. She blatantly declines and as a result, her mother had her banned from doing any work Rebecca finds unworthy. The young woman can't even go out as her mother suspects that she might run away.

El could hear someone knocking from her bedroom's door. As she did not respond, the voice introduced herself.

"Ma'am, this is Martha. I've brought you food."

Ellie did not bother answering as she doesn't have any appetite. She just felt like lying on the bed all day long.

"Ma'am Ellie, I'll come in now."

The middle aged woman gently opened up her door as she delivers her master's food. The young woman didn't eat anything much during dinner last night and hasn't joined the older Martinezs during breakfast. Martha's so worried that Ellie might get sick if she continues to skip out meals.

El got up from her bed so for her helper's effort not to go to waste. Martha could only see how helpless the look on her ma'am Ellie's face is. She wanted to help her employer so much for them to see the young woman's smile once again. Ellie had helped her family so much and Martha wanted to do something for her in return.

"Ma'am, how about you pretend to go jogging outside.."

El was surprised to hear this suggestion from Martha. She hasn't thought of it at all. It sounds plausible and her mom might actually believe it.
And so Ellie devours the meal that was served to her, as she devised her escape plan with Martha.

----------

And so back to the present, Ellie stares at her coach as the latter asks what happened between her and her parents.

Ellie couldn't just tell outright to the Broadway star that she's being forced to marry her ex. She had just recently made up with her coach from the fight they had last time, and she doesn't want this issue to be of another concern that might make her lover jealous.

The young woman brushed off the singer's question as she assured her that everything's going to be alright. She kept on staring at Lea's face.

The same beautiful face that captivated the whole world not just with her voice. Despite not wearing make-up, Lea's attractiveness remains unrivaled. Her charm and appeal seems to know no bounds. People are always shocked to know that this Broadway star is already 49 years old as she still looks so young and fresh and can be mistaken to be only in her late twenties. 

Ellie holds the singer's face as she tries to think about the love she has for her.  Lea could only see in her protege's eyes how heavy her burden is. The Broadway star feels uneasy as El seems to take all her problems by herself. As her coach and as her lover, she wants to alleviate all what's making Ellie's sorrow. She doesn't want to see any sadness on the young woman's angelic face. 

"Coach.."

"Hmm?"

"No matter what happens.. I want you to know, that I love you."

She has no idea on what's going on in Ellie's mind. The Broadway star can only feel El's sincerity with her words. The young woman moved closer as she kisses the singer. It was the first time that El was the one who took the initiative. Though aggressive, her protege's kisses were soft making Lea's lips felt like they're melting as Ellie's touches hers. El's arms snake around Lea's body as the former holds her tight while continuing to flood her with her love. The Broadway star couldn't help herself but moan as she feels the sensation brought by her lover's warm kisses that traces her neck going to her ears. 

"Oh God.. Ellie.."

 Ellie has found Lea's weakness and ticklish spot which makes the latter more aroused. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 117 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
17.5K 555 46
She dreamt of meeting her just once. But who knew that fate will not just let them meet in person, but to become part of their lives they themselves...
5.8K 279 80
Presented as an Alternate Universe, this story takes you through the twist and turns of what ifs-as well as what should have been for our favorite co...