Mind and Might (A Quirkless H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal, that is a fact, but in a world of superheroes and villains, were 80% of the po... More

The Beginning
Consequences
Start
My own path
The Inventor
Change
UA
USJ
Aftermath
Prepare
What I am capable of
The Show
What I want to do
Opportunity
My chance
Battle of Ideals
Dawn in Hosu
Changes
Expo
Art of Battle
Learning
Training
The Exam
Fateful Meeting
Conversing
I-Island
I-Aftermath
Into the training camp!
Relief
Training, Training, Training.
Camp attack
Confusion
The Decision
Dawn
The Next Step
License
Progress
Understanding
Into Darker Days
Strings
Prepare
Raid
Forgiveness
Pulling Strings
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Rebuild
Quirkless
Special Forces
Eri
Festival Preparations
Gentle Criminal
The Festival
Time Sure Flies By...
Value These Moments
How It All Starts To Fall Apart...
This Was Just The Beginning...
Saint Peter Has Called A Name
A Broken Link
Phase 3
Real Monster

Next Level

2.9K 92 119
By Hexcss

In class 1A.

Aizawa stood infront of the class with Izuku right beside him.

Aizawa: Now that you have your provisional license, you are now legally able to do hero work. You will now be able to do your residencies, although this ones will be much different than the ones you did before during the sports festival. I brought in some older students that will explain this better to you. You may come in.

The door of the class opened and Mirio, Nejire and Tamaki entered.

Aizawa: They are the closest ones in the school to being actual pro heroes, they are the Big Three of UA.
1A: 'The Big Three?!'
Aizawa: You may present yourselves. We can start with Amajiki.

Tamaki then stared intensely at the students, sending shivers down their spine. After a few seconds...

Tamaki: Its no use... It doesnt matter if I imagine them with potato heads....

Tamaki then turned around giving his back to them.

Tamaki: I want to go home....
Nejire: Oh come on Tamaki! Dont be like that! This is our little kitten Tamaki! I'm Nejire! Its a pleasure to meet you!

Nejire then went one by one asking questions to the students.

Nejire: Hey why do you have that mask are you sick?
Shoji: W-well...
Nejire: Why do you both have those scars? Is it because you are twins?
Todorokis: U-umm....
Nejire: Hey! If your horns are broken do they regenerate?!
Mina: I-I dont know.
Nejire: You are All Might's daughter right? What is it like?!
Izumi: I-I...
Nejire: Oh!

Nejire then approached Izuku.

Nejire: You are Midoriya right?! So it is true the first yearers have a teacher from the support course that is their age! Why is that? What happened to your mask?
Izuku: Could you please back down.
Aizawa: Would you hurry up? Also stop harrasing the staff.
Mirio: O-oh! Dont worry Eraserhead! I will take care of the rest! The future will be?!

Absolute silence....

Mirio: You were supposed to say dark! Well that was a failure!

Izuku stared at them three with an unreadable expression.

Aizawa: I know what you are thinking... Yes this are for real...
Mirio: This must be really confusing for you all... Say, why dont you all fight against me?
1A: Eh?!
Mirio: I think its the most rational way for you to experiment this first hand, what do you say, Eraser Head?

Aizawa glanced at Izuku who nodded at him in response.

Aizawa: I will allow it.

In the training grounds, all the students were getting ready for their fight with Mirio. Aizawa and Izuku stood to the side along with Bakugo and Shoto.

Aizawa: You wont go?
Shoto: We didnt get our license.
Aizawa: 'You have both calmed down eh?'
Bakugo: Oi nerd, what are your predictions.
Izuku: They will be completely obliterated.
Shoto: Are you sure?
Izuku: Absolutely, experience will play a great factor in here, they will all be defeated, except maybe for....

Mirio: Lets start!

The students charged at Mirio but he evaded the attacks with his quirk... Mirio faded through the attacks and also the ground ti be able to take the students by surprise. He punched the students hard when they were in range, knocking them all out witg just one kick or punch. Incidentally though he also faded through his cloth so that alos caused a small distraction especially for the girls. In just a few minutes, Mirio had completely defeated all of 1A, except for someone...

Mirio: Oh! You are still standing! I knew you would be a tough one from what I saw in the school festival! All your friends are down though, you can give up.
Izumi: I'll never give up!
Mirio: That's the spirit!

Mirio the charged at Izumi and she began to punch her in her stomach and in her face but Izumi did not back down.

Izumi: 'Come on... A quirk that allows him to fade through anything solid... It cant be active all over his body or else he wouldnt be able to punch me... There is a moment when his body is solid... That is.... When he comes out of ground...'

Izumi waited for Mirio to pop out of the floor and she kneeled in order to deliver a swipe kick at Mirio as his body emerged. Unfortunately though.... Due to a bit of miscalculation.... Izumi ended up hitting Mirio a bit too much in the southern region....

The males watching the fight all felt a chill go down their pain.

Izuku: Oof....
Shoto: Even I felt that...
Aizawa: Well... That is... One way to win a fight....
Bakugo: Had you predicted that?
Izuku: Not in the slightest...
All other males in the city: 'Why do I feel a disturbance in the force?'

Meanwhile Izumi was panicking around Mirio who was crouching on the ground.

Izumi: I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Mirio senpai! That was not my intention! I swear! Please I'm sorry! Are you okay?! Please answer me!
Tamaki: So.... This is how his bloodline ends...
Nejire: There goes little Mirio...

Time skip...

Izumi was vowing infront of Mirio.

Izumi: I'm so so sorry! Please forgive me!
Mirio: I already told you not to worry, everyone makes mistakes! I forgive you!
Shoto: Why did you even do it in the first place?
Izumi: My objective was not to hit him there! Its just well...
Mirio: I'm guessing you were able to decipher my quirk right? You noticed that for me to come out some part of my body had to be normal right?
Izumi: Y-yeah...
Izuku: While the execution can be improved, Izumi's trail of thought was the correct one, she waited until she had deciphered at least some part of his quirk to attack, unlike many of you who just charged at him because you were confident in your numerical superiority. To those of you who didnt...

He looked at Tenya, Momo and Shota.

Izuku: Good job, you did the right thing, sadly due to Mirio's quirk even if you takebthe defensive it is unlikely you would succeed. Izumi since she is the one who can take the most was the perfect counter to that.
Mirio: It doesnt mean you all will never be able to beat me! Just keep working hard!
Mina: Miro-senpai! What exactly is your quirk?
Nejire: His quirk is called permeation! He can turn his body or just parts of it intangible which allows him to pass through any physical object!
Kirishima: That is really powerful...
Mirio: You are wrong! My quirk is not powerful! I made it powerful! This is the result of hard work! So dont give up and you will reach my level too!
Aizawa: Very well, if that is all, you may go.
Mirio: We will see you around!

The Big Three then walked out of the training grounds.

Nejire: Hey hey! What do you think about them? They are really interesting right?
Tamaki: They are scary...
Mirio: Yeah, specially All Might's kids. From what I was able to deduce, they both compliment each other in the areas they lack, the girl is physically powerful while the boy is mentally powerful. Imagine them both working together!
Tamaki: That... Is.... Scary....
Nejire: I think it would be awesome!
Mirio: I'm sure Sir would like to meet them both...

In the afternoon, in the teacher's room.

All Might: The residencies?
Izumi: Yes, I want you to present me to someone so I can do it.
All Might: I cant do that.
Izumi: Why not?
All Might: One, I voted against this idea, the villains are getting more dangerous every day and two, why dont you go with Gran Torino?
Izumi: I already asked him, he says he is not receiving right now. He told me to ask you about it, he told me about your sidekick, Sir Nighteye.
All Might: I'm sorry, but I cant talk to him right now.
Izumi: Why not?
All Might: For..... Reasons...
Izumi: Please, I want to continue growing, I want to become the greatest hero.
All Might: Well.... There might be a way...

In the hall...

Intercom: Mirio Togata please report to teacher's room, All Might is waiting for you.
Izuku: 'Izumi is probably trying to get a residency with Sir Nighteye, which reminds me...' Hey Hatsume, have you found a place to do your internships?
Hatusme: No, its difficult to find someone to accept me.
Izuku: I bet, you see I talked with Mr. Kater an-
Hatsume: I accept!
Izuku: Yeez, you didnt even let me finish, but okay, come with me to Kater Industries after school.
Shinso: You sure its a good idea?
Izuku: Yeah, what's the worst that could happen?

In the afternoon....

Izuku and Hatsume were walking towards the workshop and research lab of Kater Industries when suddenly....

Jitsuna: Wait! No no no no NOO-

Boom.

Izuku: Oh no...

The doors of the lab opened and a burnt Jitsuna stepped out and collapsed into the floor.

Hatsume: Isnt that your bodyguard?
Izuku: Hey, Jitsuna are you okay?
Jitsuna: Help..... Me....

Suddenly Jitsuna was dragged into the cloud of smole by a seemingly unseen force.

Jitsuna: NOOOOOooooooo.....

Then from between the smoke, Vlad appeared.

Vlad: Hey! Izu boy! What brings you here? Oh! Is that the new intern the old man told me about?!
Izuku: Yeah she-
Hatsume: Hi! I'm Hatsume! You seem really professional! You work here right?! Who are you?!
Vlad: The name is Vlad! I'm the head of the R and D department so you will be working with me!
Hatsume: Awesome! Hey are those special zooming glasses?!
Vlad: Well yes they are! I buit them myself and thet help with my work! Do you want some?
Hatsume: No thanks! My quirk helps me with that!
Vlad: What?! You can naturally do it?! Awesome!
Hatsume: Thanks! So when are we starting? I really want to start building babies as soon as possible!
Vlad: Babies?
Hatsume: That's how I call my creations!
Vlad: Oh.... My.... God! Finally! Someone who speaks my language! Hatsume, I'm sure we will get along well!
Hatsume: Oh I'm sure we will!

Hatsume and Vlad shool hands and a thunder could be heard from the distance.

Izuku: 'I think.... I just dug my own grave....'

In an abandoned warehouse....

Overhaul: So this is your main base?
Twice: Of course not, why would we bring you to our main base right now?

Twice opened the door and guided Overhaul to Nana and the remains of the League.

Nana: You brought a big fish, eh Twice?
Toga: Who is he?
Mr. Compress: The young leader of the Shie Hassaikai, Overhaul.
Nana: I'm going to make things fast, join us.
Overhaul: I'll have to refuse, I will never submit to anyone again.
Nana: Then why did you come here?
Overhaul: I want to offer you an alliance.
Nana: Alliance?
Mr. Compress: He is just another criminal excited by the fall of All Might.
Overhaul: No, I'm actually worried.
Nana: Worried?
Overhaul: All for One and All Might were like gods, they ruled the darkness and the light respectively, but now both of them have fallen, there is no leader which the members of each faction can rally behind, just like he intended it to be.
Nana: Who are you talking about? There is no ruler, and I will be the only new ruler!
Overhaul: You are wrong there is a ruler already, people just dont know it.

Overhaul: The fall of All Might and All for One was just a part of his plan, orchestrated by him, now there is no way to step up to him and he can act freely in both worlds.
Nana: Then I will be the one to kill him and seize everything for me!
Overhaul: You really dont understand do you? There is something greater than us out there...

Overhaul: He is a menace to us, you wont stand a chance if you go alone, you will die, we must unite to bring an end to this.
Nana: No! It is you who doesnt understand! I am the greatest! Now you either submit to me or perish!
Overhaul: You really are stupid.
Nana: That's it! Magne!

Magne charged at Overhaul but Overhaul dodged the attack used his quirk on Magne. Half of her body exploded. Then the doors of the warehouse were teared down and Overhaul's minions appeared.
Overhaul: You will regret it, when you die, you will see, that I was right.

Overhaul and his group then walked away from the warehouse, leaving Nana raging behind them.

As Overhaul walked away a small memory passed through his mind that made him rage.

???: You cant hide from me, I will find you, and when I find you, I will come for you, and when I come for you, death will come too. May god have mercy on you, because I sure wont.

Overhaul was filled with rage just from thinking about that.

Overhaul: 'I will wipe that smug smile off your face, even if it is the last thing I do...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 99 16
In the world Izuku lived in, having super powers were totally natural. These super powers were also known as 'quirks'. Being born as one of the few q...
829 27 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
177K 9.7K 32
(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them. so much so, his dream was to one day be...
98.1K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...