Mind and Might (A Quirkless H...

By Hexcss

Not everyone is created equal, that is a fact, but in a world of superheroes and villains, were 80% of the po... More

The Beginning
Consequences
Start
My own path
The Inventor
Change
UA
USJ
Aftermath
Prepare
What I am capable of
The Show
What I want to do
Opportunity
My chance
Battle of Ideals
Dawn in Hosu
Changes
Expo
Art of Battle
Learning
Training
The Exam
Fateful Meeting
Conversing
I-Island
I-Aftermath
Into the training camp!
Relief
Training, Training, Training.
Camp attack
Confusion
The Decision
Dawn
The Next Step
License
Understanding
Next Level
Into Darker Days
Strings
Prepare
Raid
Forgiveness
Pulling Strings
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Rebuild
Quirkless
Special Forces
Eri
Festival Preparations
Gentle Criminal
The Festival
Time Sure Flies By...
Value These Moments
How It All Starts To Fall Apart...
This Was Just The Beginning...
Saint Peter Has Called A Name
A Broken Link
Phase 3
Real Monster

Progress

3.2K 85 49
By Hexcss

Aizawa stared wide eyed at Izuku in his villain costume, he then noticed a new group of people had arrived to watch the license exam. They were all finely dressed with red stars on their suits.

Aizawa: 'Those are politicians... Why are they here?.... They came at the exact same time Midoriya appeared.... Could it be?.... Just in what are you involved, problem child?'

A few minutes before...

Jitsuna: So, we are going to play the villains in this exam?
Izuku: Indeed.
Vlad: Oh! This is going to be exciting! I must practice my villain lines!
Izuku: Good strategy maybe when you talk to them they will lose their will to live and die.
Vlad: Exactly!
Jitsuna: Any rules?
Izuku: Dont murder anyone.
Jitsuna: Says the guy with the swords.
Izuku: I am not going to stab anyone... Too much.
Vlad: I make no promises.
Jitsuna: Yeah I wouldnt want to be near you and that needle gun.
Izuku: Lets just get this done with so those damn politicians can shut up.
Jitsuna: By the way whats going to be your villain name? We all need villain names.
Izuku: I dont really care, this is going to be just for a few minutes after all.
Jitsuna: We need to make this realistic, so the students feel more immerse into this.
Izuku: Fine, what do you have in mind.
Jitsuna: Well for you..... Even if you were a villain I still cant imagine you being evil.... But obviously you wouldnt be exactly good.... Oh! I was watching this old super hero movie the other day, and there is this cosmic force that is neither good nor evil, you could be the Phoenix Force!
Vlad: That doesnt sound like the name of a villain.
Jitsuna: Then what about the name of the movie? Dark Phoenix!
Izuku: Hm.... I like it....
Jitsuna: Great! And well for us two, we are simply your followers in this supposedly terrorist organization. Since I am already your assistant I can be The Supreme Commander, or just the commander for short and Vlad here can be The Doctor.
Izuku: Simple enough I guess.

Then a light in the room they were in went on.

Izuku: That's our signal, lets put up a show.

In the present...

Izuku took out both of his swords and began to walk towards the heroes. A student from one of the other schools charged at him with his quirk but before he got to activate Izuku charged at him back and elbowed him in the face and then kicked him in the chin, knocking him out.

Mina: Midori is the villain....
Sato: This is bad...

Izumi then approached the class representative of Shiketsu, Nagamasa.

Izumi: My classmates and I in UA have experience fighting with him, we will cover you while you save the rest of the people.
Nagamasa: Very well, good luck.

Izumi then returned to the rest of her classmates who had formed a horizontal line infront of Izuku.

Izumi: Remember.... This is what we have been training for....
1A: Right!
Izuku: 'All of them? I will have to go truly serious then'
Izumi: Dont give him a chance to strike! Lets go!

Tenya was the first to strike at Midoriya, he used his recipro burst to run fast at him and then raised his leg to kick him and Midoriya had already began to dodge but Tenya instead of kicking brought his leg down and raised the other one delivering spinning kick at Izuku's face. Izuku still managed to block with his flesh arm but he was sent flying back. Sero then attacked him with his tape and they wrapped around Izuku's swords. Izuku used his superior arm strength in comparison to Sero and he pulled Sero towards him. Then Izuku kicked him in the gut and he freed himself from Sero's tape. Sero stood back up quickly though. Izuku charged at him but then Momo stood infront of him with a shield to block attack. Iida took the opportunity and ran and positioned himself behind Izuku and raised his leg towards. Izuku expected another trick and jumped away, Iida in effect beleived Izuku would duck so he was ready to deliver an axe kick. Izuku tried to gain some distance but Ojiro appeared behind him. Izuku dodge the tail kick of Ojiro and jumped back. Ojiro then caught a metal bo that Momo made for him and charged at Izuku. They were then both stuck in blocks and slashes. Izuku was still superior in strength and speed and began to push Ojiro back. Ojiro suddenly smirked and ducked and then Sato who had sneaked behind Ojiro punched Izuku in the face and sent him back. Ojiro then charged towards Izuku with his bo but Izuku reacted quickly. He threw the sword of his metal hand in the air and then grabbed Ojiro's bo with it. Izuku twisted the bo and then released the bo and punched Izuku in the face with his metal arm. Izuku caught the sword and readied himself for another round of attacks.

In another part of the fake city.

Two students from other school were trying to free a trapped person but they were suddenly tazed by Jitsuna from behind. Jitsuna walked through the city and found another students and tazed him. He continued to walk until he found a familiar face.

Kirishima: Oh! Jitsuna! So you are here too...
Jitsuna: Kirishima right? I'm sorry to say this but I will taze you right now.
Kirishima: Sorry, but I wont let that happen, I need to buy time for the others to rescue people.
Jitsuna: Lets see how much time you are able to buy then.

Jitsuna began to shoot at Kirishima. Kirishima began to dodge the attacks and made his way towards Jitsuna. When he was near Jitsuna, he kicked the tazer gun out if his hand and then threw a punch at Jitsuna's face. Jitsuna ducked under it but Kirishima expected it and the kneed Jitsuna in the face and sent him flying back. Kirishima then hurried to punch Jitsuna once again but Jitsuna responded and quickly punched Kirishima in the face and sent him flying back.

Kirishima: Those gloves... They are not normal....
Jitsuna: You realizded. Time to continue.

Kirishima and Jitsuna then engaged in a fierce exchnage of kicks and punches but Jitsuna was able to use his technique to push Kirishima back and eventually overwhelm him. Kirishima was punched in the face and sent back. Jitsuna hurried to deliver the final blow but when he hit Kirishima it felt like something extremely hard. Jitsuna jumped and Kirishima stood up.

Kirishima: To think I would have to use this so early, its not even finished.... But is that or nothing! Meet Unbreakable!

Kirishima ran towards Jitsuna. Jitsuna threw a punch at him but he felt as something cracked in his hand. Kirishima then punched Jitsuna in the gut and sent him flying back as well as punching the air out of him. Kirishima approached Jitsuna but Jitsuna threw a smoke grenade at his face. When Kirishima's vision cleared, Jitsuna was nowhere to be seen.

Jitsuna was behind a building as he panted hard. He then saw as two other students fell to the ground from an alley, both with needles on the back of the neck that injected a sedant that put them to sleep..

Vlad: Next time I will give you a warning! Oh, wait.... Hahahahaha!

Vlad then turned to Jitsuna.

Vlad: Yeez, you look like a beaten up potato sack.
Jitsuna: I was defeated....
Vlad: You? Really?
Jitsuna: He was strong.... 'And I am glad I helped him achieve it'
Vlad: Come on, things seem to be going tits up for the boss, lets go help him.
Jitsuna: Right.

In the battleground.

Izuku cut through some ice Shota was sending his way. He then felt as something landed on him and he looked at his chest and saw one of the electric channels Kaminari used ti control his electricity. He then felt as electricity ran through his body. Izuku then forced his hands to move and he was able to remove the channel and threw it at the ground.

Izuku: 'I regret building those...'

Kaminari shot more of those to Izuku but he cut them in half.

Shota then froze the floor and the ice menaced to freeze him too. Izuku jumped up to avoid it but then saw as Aoyama used his laser on him. Izuku spun mid air and dodged it but he was not able to dodge a blast from Izumi which sent him to the ground. Izumi charged at Izuku.

Izuku: 'A direct attack? Really?'

Izuku prepared to dodge the impact but in the last second Izumi created magneitc poles that changed her course and moved her to the side, much to Izuku's surprise. Izuku managed to block the punch from the new direction but it still sent him flying back. Izuku stood back up but then saw as Shota was charging up both of her sides.

Izuku: Ah shi-

The cyclone bomb then impacted where Izuku was. As everything began to clear the students saw Jitsuna was standing infront of Izuku with a shield.

Jitsuna: Looks like you almost got defeated there.
Izuku: Key word, almost.
Vlad: Lets see what they are capable of.
Izumi: It was already hard enough with just Izuku but now the three if them?!

The students and Izuku's gang prepared themselves but then....

Bijon: Time is up.

The students and Izuku released the breath they had been holding they all fell to the ground. Izuku removed the hood and the mask and then stood up and walked towards the students of 1A that fought him.

Shota: You did not mop the floor with us this time.
Izuku: Yeah, I didnt.
Izumi: Were you fighting seriously?
Izuku: I was.... You really pushed me to my limits.... I have one thing to stay and is... Good job... You have grown a lot since our first class together... And I know if you continue like that in time you will be the ones mopping the floor with me.
Tenya: We are still missing a lot of training for that.
Izumi: But we will not give up!
Momo: Please continue teaching us!
1A: Yes!
Izuku: It will be much more difficult now.
Shota: You really thing that we are scared? Even after all this time?
Izumi: We are ready dor whatever you throw at us!

A small smile formed in Izuku's face.

Izuku: That's the spirit, but I think you deserve a small rest for now.... Oh one last thing..... I'm.... I'm proud of everythung you have accomplished.... I'm glad I was able to teach you what I know.
Shota: We are also glad you taught us even with your circumstances.
Momo: We know you sacrifice a lot.
Tenya: We also know sometimes it can be difficult teaching us in general.
Izumi: And I think for that we all have only one thing to say....
1A: Thank you, sensei!

Izuku smiled at them and then turned around.

Izuku: Keep up the good work, I will see you later.

Izuku walked into the stadium and when no one was around he cleaned up the small tears that had formed in his eyes and continued to walk away

In the stairs with the politicians.

Teki: See, it took ten students to bring him to a stalemate, and this students have been trained by him mind you.
Politician 1: I guess he is quite talented....
Politician 2: He has passed all the tests with flying colours, I beleive we have seen enough, Teki, let us speak with him.
Teki: Come with me.

The politicians stood up amd walkes away.

A few minutes later, the results of the exam were in.... Only 25 students passed, 18 of those were from UA... Only Shoto and Bakugo did not pass from UA....

Bijon: Only the ten students with the next highest scores will be able to retake the test, we will send these students an email notifying them later. The rest of you well I'm sorry, but you dont have what its necessary to be a hero right now. The ones who passed you may go to the offices and retrieve your licenses.

Joke: Only 25? That is merely half of what it normally is! And in this dire times....
Aizawa: 'Why did they make it harder in this time?'

Some time later when all the heroes were gone, Bijon was sitting in his office when the door suddenly opened.

???: So, how did things go in the exam.
Bijon: Just as you wanted, we raised the difficulty and lowered the amount of positions available. In this batch just 25 passed but on the other two places one got merely 20 and the other one 12. That is 57 in total.
???: Good, things are going smoothly, the wrath will fall upon the hero schools, the HPSC will be safe as long as all of your subordinates keep their mouths shut. I know you will be able to a bit of convincing.
Bijon: I'm already on that.
???: Good, what about the witnesses.
Bijon: I had the sign something that legally requires them to shut it. They will be commiting suicide if they dare speak.... Figuratively and well... Literally if yoy know what I mean.
???: Of course, keep up the work. Have you had any news in locating the bird that left the nest?
Bijon: No, but I know who to ask for the job......

In the night...

Izuku arrived at the dorms after a long, long afternoon of discussing details of the project with the politicians. When he arrived he opened the door and....

1A and B: SURPRISE!
Izuku: Yeez!! I almost died right there... W-what is this, why are both classes here?
Izumi: Well....
Shota: Since you are always working so hard....
Kendo: And we know it can be stressful.
Kirishima: We decided to throw a small party!
Tenya: It is our way of saying thanks for all the training.
Momo: We also brought in Mr. Aizawa and the rest of the teachers who helped us!

Izuku turned around and saw Aizawa, All Might, Cementos, Ectoplasm and Midnight in the kitchen.

Uraraka: Come on lets have some fun!

The students turned on the music and the party begun... Before Izuku joined them, Bakugo and Todoroki took him aside.

Todoroki: Midoriya we....
Bakugo: We... We wanted to say....
Todoroki: Sorry... For letting your teachings go to waste...
Izuku: Hey hey, I'm not mad, listen, yes, you failed, but do you both realized why you failed?
Bakugo/Shoto: Yes.
Izuku: Are you planning to do something about it?
Bakugo/Shoto: Yes.
Izuku: Then everything is good. I.... I know you both have potential, so dont let this drag you down.
Shoto: Right.
Bakugo: Who do you think I am?
Izuku: Right, now relax for a moment.
Shoto: Thank you.

Shoto began to walk away and Izuku was about to do the same.

Bakugo: Oi Ne-..... Izuku....

Izuku turned around and he was surprised that Bakugo called him by his real name.

Izuku: What is it?
Bakugo: If there is something I've learned from you.... Is that I cant grow all on my own.... That is why... I-I... I n-need... I need your help.... I-I.... I.... I want.... I want to learn from you... I dont want to just be the strongest anymore... I also want to be the greatest.
Izuku: I-Is that so.... In that case I'm going to have to train you hard, will you be able to do it?
Bakugo: Of course I will! Who do you think I am?!
Izuku: Very well, when do you wish to start?
Bakugo: Tomorrow in the morning.
Izuku: Very well then.

Izuku and Bakugo then partee ways.

Izuku spent the rest of the night finally being able to relax. The students chatted between them as well as the teachers. They then began to play many different games at first they started with board games but they then moved on to other games such as Mafia and Truth or Dare and Guess Who. Even the teachers joined in, yes even Aizawa, although he was more or less forced to by Midnight. Izuku was even able to spend some time with Izumi and All Might as they were often paired up in teams during the games... For them three it was a throwback to those old old times. For Izuku this was the first time he had been in anything like this, and he allowed himself to be free, even if it was for just a moment, he was able to free himself from the burdens that crushed his soul, but enjoyed every single second of it to the max. In the middle of chatter and laughter, the night flew by and people started leaving one by one. When just a few of them remained, they all sat around the T.V in the sofa or in the floor and began to watch a movie. Izuku and Shota sat next to each other in the sofa. As the movie progressed more and more students started leaving. Eventually only Shota and Izuku remained. Shota rested her head on his shoulder while Izuku rested his head on top of hers. He placed his metal arm around Shota and she then grabbed Izuku's normal hand. They both stayed there, just feeling the moment and each other and like that, they fell asleep and such a joyful night, ended....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 640 31
Selective members of class A gets invited to Shikoku island south of Japan. To focus on hero training by helping and protecting the islanders living...
343K 6.4K 16
In a world where 80% of the population has a superpower called "quirk".Midoriya Izuku belongs to the other 20%,because of this he has been bullied by...
750K 28.1K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
98.3K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...