Variables | Joshaya ✔︎

By lexsau

It's hard enough to take care of your 6 year old sister after a major loss, but what happens when you throw i... More

Surprise
Topanga to the Rescue
Storage
Oops
Memories
Truth Serum
Updates
Skip
Baby Steps
Progress
What Has She Done?
Joy
Daddy
Happy and Healthy
For Dillon
If It Makes You Happy
Movie Day
The Kissing Booth
The List
Nicknames
Stress
Deep
Uh Oh
If Only
Sibling
Panic
Jealousy
Let's Go
What to do...
Reasons Why I Love You
Shopping, Smiling and Sleeping
Do It For Me
Relief
For Forever
Tee
Panic Vol 2
Lullaby
Every Hour, Every Minute
Epilogue

Success

131 3 0
By lexsau

𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕒

After a few Disney movies, Gabi is curled up on my lap, 1 and a half bowls of popcorn in her system.

"Any suggestions of what to watch next?" I ask, going back to the Disney+ home page.

"Aurora," she says.

"Done," I say, searching and playing it.

Just as it gets to where Aurora is older now, Gabi is fast asleep in my arms. I decide to call Josh and let him know that he can come back.

He picks up on the second ring, "Hello?"

"Hey Josh, I just wanted to say that Gabi is asleep, so girls night is cut short, so you can come back," I whisper.

"What?" he asks.

"Gabi is asleep on my lap, so I'm trying to be quiet, and I wanna tell you that if you need to, you can come back to the apartment," I whisper a little louder, very careful not to be too loud to wake up Gabi.

"Oh, sorry Maya. I didn't hear you," he says, talking a little quieter.

"It's okay Josh," I say.

"Okay, Dillon and I will be home in 15," he says.

"Okay, see you in 15," I say.

"See you."

"Bye," I say and hang up.

╞═══════════╡❀╞═══════════╡

After not even 10 minutes, the door to the apartment opens slowly, but quietly.

I turn my head to find Josh and Dillon coming in.

"Hey Josh," I say as I stand up, Gabi still asleep in my arms, now with her head on my shoulder.

"Hey," he says awkwardly, holding Dillon, who's asleep in his arms too. I laugh lightly.

"Well, I would like to say that today was a success," I say, and he laughs a little too as he places Dillon back into his carrier.

"Yup," he says, scratching the back of his neck, "Hey, do you wanna hangout for a little bit together after we put these guys to bed? It's only 7:30."

I smile, "Sure, sounds fun," I say, and he smiles back as he follows me into Dillon and Gabi's room and place them in their respected bed/crib, tucking them in. I kiss Gabi on the forehead and whisper, "Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight mommy," she mumbled with a soft smile on her face, moving to get herself comfy in bed. I smile to myself as I follow Josh out of the room quietly, turning off the lights and closing the door gently.

╞═══════════╡✿╞═══════════╡

Word Count: 403
Hey peaches!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 529 22
"whats a soulmate?" read this story to see how people can share the same life without even know about each other. how people that got left understand...
19.7K 312 47
Josh and Maya are as happy as they can be but what happens when they have to share news which isn't that exciting?
4.4K 180 54
Hello hello! I just want something to do sometimes. I will not update too much because I need to find the right motivation for stuff lmao. I hope you...
58.8K 737 40
Maya and Riley had a few arguments and after awhile Riley got what she wanted. But what does that mean for Maya? What does it mean when Josh returns?